City of Calgary

City of Calgary Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, workschedule is not very flexable due to nature of work.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and their willingness to help each other make the day enjoyable. I didn't like the micromanagement and it can be improved in the future.
Exciting workplace
Emergency Communications Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2014
Answer inquiries over the phone from citizens dealing with high levels of stress.
very nice workplace
Building maintenance-repairs employee (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2014
everyday you live as a new day ,nice company to work for and one of the largest employer in alberta
Well-rounded organization, dedicated to serving citizens
Issue Strategist & Industry Liaison (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Excellent work options (work from home, compressed work week, flexible work hours)
Opportunities for continuous learning
Opportunities for job movement
Long hours, stressful, no balance
Emergency Communications Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2014
I work 12 hour rotating shifts... 2 day 2 nights and have a hard time finding a good balance here and with kids the12 hour shifts especially the night shifts are just not possible.
Fast paced, challenging, diverse writing/editing opportunities
Customer Service & Communications,writer/editor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: loved my job and excelled at it
Never woke up not wanting to go to work. Participated in TV, radio and print campaigns. See resume for full duties.
over all great place to work
Accounts Payable Analyst (Chief Financial Office) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
learned a great deal. excellent place to work, data entry of lots of invoices, auditing
Very nice people to work with.
Records Management Technician & Document Managment (Former Employee), Human ResourcesFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: compressed work weeks, provided nice vacation time
Cons: at times, long hours, large work load
-Start at 6 A.M. file aprox. 200 documents after preparation, many hours of computer work and dealing with our customers all day long.
-excellent people skills, computer skills
-co-workers are great people to work with and very helpful
-finding coverage so I can have breaks and putting in long hours
-I know my job very well and take pride in doing a – more... good job. I find many opportunities to execute my talents and knowledge with this company. I call them my work family. – less
Contractor
Urban Development - Site Servicing- (Contractor) (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 3, 2014
Very good experience, staff very accommodating, and welcoming to new individuals.
Fun seasonal job
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2013
I liked this job only it was seasonal, I worked with my own crew to get the job done. Was fun and easy and low stress,..
Stable, good paying job for retirement
Journeyman 1 Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2013
Pros: good pension, benefits, relaxed work environment
Cons: slow movement in advancement
I enjoy working for the City of Calgary, it is a great employer with a ton of great benefits. A typical day consists of repair of multiple components on transit buses from front to back, top to bottom (excluding body work). My knowledge has certainly grown since starting with the city, my greatly in my understanding and ability to diagnose and repair – more... electrical systems, drive system (axles etc.) not common to North America and management and interaction with fellow employees.The Hardest part of my job is the hours I work (time of day not quantity) and the most enjoyable part is the satisfaction I get from my contribution to the bigger picture of Calgary Transit. – less
Friendly colleagues, busy environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2013
Pros: busy
Cons: replacing reception
Took a refresher course in iRIMS, and SharePoint.
Job was easy to settle into as it was similar to what I did when working with the Federal Public Sector.
Learned that the approval system was more lax in comparison to the Federal Public Sector.
Difficult part of job: Having to keep an eye on the clock as it was my responsibility to relieve the reception – more... from the desk for her breaks. It's easy to lose track of time when focusing on a particular project.
Most enjoyable part of the job: being busy, allowed the day to pass quickly. Colleagues had a good attitude providing humor in the workplace. – less
Only a summer job.
Summer Planning Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2013
Pros: working with a number of great planners.
Cons: it was only a summer job.
Worked on a project for the summer but learned a lot and had a very good experience for my first job as a planner.
Relaxed work environment with great pay relative to other comparable industries
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2013
Good place to work in terms of pay and benefits for permanent workers. Managment is alright. But overall it is an easy-going plce to work
Productive and fun workplace
Parks Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2013
The City of Calgary is a diverse and inclusive workplace. Working for The City means exceptional benefits, a defined pension plan, work and life balance, learning and development opportunities, and multiple career paths.
Receptionist/ Business Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2013
Great hours, great pay, great co-workers, great management. Overall a GREAT place to work!
Water Services Distribution Laborer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2013
I am a seasonal employee with the City of Calgary, and it is a great place to work.
I have had a great first season and look forward to many more and hope to become a permanent employee with the city.
A normal day in Finance at The City of Calgary - CFS
Accounting Business Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2013
Pros: easy work environement
Cons: hard to find permanent work
- Scanning, PO's, Statistical Analysis; Mail; Treasury; Cheque-runs; Filling; Procurement; ERP System updates; Livelink

- Management always made it easy for me while studying in school. They gave me as many opportunities as they could while I was working as an Accounting Business Analyst.

- Hardest Part of the Job: Able to find permanent role.

- – more... Most enjoyable: Management were friendly! – less
Organization supports its citizens of Calgary
Performance and Quality Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2013
Although a large organization all staff are willing to pull together to support the citizens of Calgary
Salary/Benefits wouldn't accept stars for some reason, 4/5 stars
Traffic Management Center-Roads Operations (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: job sharing and work/personal balance
Cons: n/a
Has been a great experience working with the City of Calgary, it's a great environment for sharing ideas of how we can do what we do better and although it can be get very busy there is a can do attitude and teamwork. I do love working for the City of Calgary.

1 2 3

About City of Calgary

The City of Calgary manages the quality and delivery of our water supply - from the river, to our taps and back to the river. – Read more