City Of Burlington

City Of Burlington Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Operations Maintenance
Operations Attendant, Grade (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 14, 2015
A fine place to work with good co-workers. A job that always keeps you busy and you can always learn new things. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team and accomplishing goals.
where I work now
Cleaner (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, best boss ever
Cons: long hours
I love this job! Its very physical job which is great but the best part is we work with a partner one on one everyday. They become your good friend. Hours can be long but thats okay. We have the greatest boss by far. She doesn't hassle us and lets us get the work done. Very easy to talk to as well. Although this isn't what i want to do for the rest of my life as I am a personal support worker. I have also recently finished school and received my medical terminology. I do recommend this job for girls just starting out and want the experience of a full time job.
Team players
Class BZ City Bus & Handi-Van Driver (Current Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day can start at 4 am day shift or end at 1:30 am night shift. I could drive for 8-12 hours depending on what I've been given. Could have a straight shift, split shift and/or OT. I have learned Time Management, Customer Service, Problen Solving and Communication Skills.The hardest part of the job is also my most enjoyable part of the job, my customers.
Enjoyed assisting the public.
Crossing Guard (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 18, 2014
Pros: this job gave me all responsibility.
Cons: not enough hours for me.
This position worked was good for me and gave me the opportunity to be at home with my family when they needed me most.

I love being outdoors and the city supplied a very warm coat I was never cold.
Very nice place to work
Assembler (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 30, 2013
Pros: very nice coworkers
Cons: salary not competitive
Everyday is a special day if you can walk into work with a smile and leave work with a smile.
An exciting department with many advancement opportunities.
Events Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: great staff
As an event assistant for The City of Burlington, I have worked closely with the Supervisor of Festivals & Events , who has given be invaluable opportunities. As an assistant, I am responsible for the execution of City events such as Canada Day, Children's Festival. Most recently, I worked with vendors for the Canada Day celebrations. However, I also work with Assistant Event Programmers on finding appropriate sponsors for city events. I have had promotions experience, as well as event planning experience, and have learned valuable marketing strategies. From this job, I have also had the opportunity to be a part of an independent study, in which I am currently developing a social media strategy for an older demographic in The City of Burlington.
Busy City Work
Bus Driver/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: crazy hours day to day
Bus service and customer service.
You get to learn a variety of equipment for advancement.
Pay for half your education.
Hardworking, secure, important workplace
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 30, 2013
Surrounded by and interacting with various of people with different age groups, one needs to be friendly, open-minded and good with communication, yet at the same time, strict, informative and react quick and appropriately in terms of conflicts, pool emergencies and problems.

It was a vivid, lively experience, testing your teaching abilities to communicate what you have learned from your own swimming experiences to others, and also testing yourself to be creative with lesson plans and courses.
Fun invironment
L7M 4J8, Lifeguard/ Swimming Instructor (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 4, 2013
Pros: free exercise class
Cons: raises
The people you meet are amazing and you really grow up. You learn about yourself and if you can handle being a part of a very large team.
Office work and reviews
Traffic Services Student (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: new challenges everyday
Mostly office work.
Dealing with updating maps and TES information.
Dealing with Collision reports and other traffic related jobs
Issue permits.