City Of Burlington Employee Reviews

Student Labourer
Horticulture crew (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 December 2015
A leisure job with friendly co-workers that are relatively within the same age group. Employers were nice and the application process is simple. A typical day at work involves maintaing roadside flower beds and medians.
City requires a lot of certifications
civic recreation centres - Aquafit Instructor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON.9 July 2015
With this position as an aquafit instructor, it was part time and the pay did not cover the expenses of travel and pool gear required, along with current CPR and other required certifications which are every 2 years. The facilities are nice but the regulations are very restrictive.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
lifeguarding staff (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 April 2015
I enjoy working with youth and seniors in this job. I enjoyed learning and working in a water environment.

- i learned different ways of teaching skills.
- My co-workers were very supportive and helping when i needed help.
- most enjoyable part of the job: meeting new people and learning new skills from co-workers.
Pros
Free breaks in between shifts
Cons
Long hours in pool
Operations Maintenance
Operations Attendant, Grade (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 March 2015
A fine place to work with good co-workers. A job that always keeps you busy and you can always learn new things. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team and accomplishing goals.
where I work now
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 February 2015
I love this job! Its very physical job which is great but the best part is we work with a partner one on one everyday. They become your good friend. Hours can be long but thats okay. We have the greatest boss by far. She doesn't hassle us and lets us get the work done. Very easy to talk to as well. Although this isn't what i want to do for the rest of my life as I am a personal support worker. I have also recently finished school and received my medical terminology. I do recommend this job for girls just starting out and want the experience of a full time job.
Pros
great people to work with, best boss ever
Team players
Class BZ City Bus & Handi-Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 September 2014
A typical day can start at 4 am day shift or end at 1:30 am night shift. I could drive for 8-12 hours depending on what I've been given. Could have a straight shift, split shift and/or OT. I have learned Time Management, Customer Service, Problen Solving and Communication Skills.The hardest part of the job is also my most enjoyable part of the job, my customers.
Enjoyed assisting the public.
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 April 2014
This position worked was good for me and gave me the opportunity to be at home with my family when they needed me most.

I love being outdoors and the city supplied a very warm coat I was never cold.
Pros
This job gave me all responsibility.
Cons
Not enough hours for me.
Very nice place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 October 2013
Everyday is a special day if you can walk into work with a smile and leave work with a smile.
Pros
very nice coworkers
Cons
Salary not competitive
An exciting department with many advancement opportunities.
Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 July 2013
As an event assistant for The City of Burlington, I have worked closely with the Supervisor of Festivals & Events , who has given be invaluable opportunities. As an assistant, I am responsible for the execution of City events such as Canada Day, Children's Festival. Most recently, I worked with vendors for the Canada Day celebrations. However, I also work with Assistant Event Programmers on finding appropriate sponsors for city events. I have had promotions experience, as well as event planning experience, and have learned valuable marketing strategies. From this job, I have also had the opportunity to be a part of an independent study, in which I am currently developing a social media strategy for an older demographic in The City of Burlington.
Pros
Great staff
Busy City Work
Bus Driver/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 June 2013
Bus service and customer service.
You get to learn a variety of equipment for advancement.
Pay for half your education.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Crazy Hours day to day
Hardworking, secure, important workplace
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 May 2013
Surrounded by and interacting with various of people with different age groups, one needs to be friendly, open-minded and good with communication, yet at the same time, strict, informative and react quick and appropriately in terms of conflicts, pool emergencies and problems.

It was a vivid, lively experience, testing your teaching abilities to communicate what you have learned from your own swimming experiences to others, and also testing yourself to be creative with lesson plans and courses.
Fun invironment
L7M 4J8, Lifeguard/ Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 May 2013
The people you meet are amazing and you really grow up. You learn about yourself and if you can handle being a part of a very large team.
Pros
Free exercise class
Cons
Raises
Office work and reviews
Traffic Services Student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 February 2013
Mostly office work.
Dealing with updating maps and TES information.
Dealing with Collision reports and other traffic related jobs
Issue permits.
Pros
new challenges everyday