City of Brooks Employee Reviews

A Great Place to Work!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB16 August 2016
The staff are extremely helpful at the City of Brooks. Specifically, management took the time to understand concerns of their employees and does their best to address them. Similarly, the staff are easy to work alongside with; everyone takes the time and effort to help each other out.

Moreover, the benefits package is extremely comprehensive. Also, there are lots of city events where employees can attend and meet new people.

Overall, the City of Brooks is a great environment and culture to be a part of.
Pros
People, Management, Benefit Package
Productive and fun place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Resin Converters Ltd (Current Employee) –  Brooks AB, Canada3 August 2013
My boss is a dedicated and helpful person. She has allowed me to learn at my own pace and is very patient. My co-workers are fun and helpful. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the public. I enjoy reconciling accounts and following up on outstanding accounts.
Pros
They treat their employees on birthdays and other special occasions.
Cons
N/a
Community minded Municipality, Works to the happiness and satisfaction of the public.
Journeyman Carpenter - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB11 July 2012
A great Municipal Government, Had a lot of respect and praises doing my daily work from Council, Management, co-workers and our Patrons.
The hardest part of the job when I don't get to take coffee break or lunch during some projects.
The most enjoyable part is when I see the joy and happiness on the faces of our Patrons, Facilities users and the Public in general, when I accomplish a project.
Pros
occasional training lunches
Cons
unprofessionally trained supervisors and managers