CITY OF BRANTFORD Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Professional work environment with excellent co-workers
Administrative Support Accounting (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 October 2016
• General office administration duties including data input, filing, scanning, faxing, and photocopying
• Enter accounts payables & rent supplements in JD Edwards software
• Handle switchboard calls from Ontario Works & Brant Housing clients, while multi-tasking to complete
numerous other jobs one is responsible for
• Experience face-to-face interaction with customers when handing out Ontario Works cheques to clients
• Excessively use Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel for general office duties
• View and input Ontario Works & Brant Housing client information in SAMS software
positive workplace
Diving Coach (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 October 2016
I work satruday mornings and coach a Learn to Dive class. I enjoy working with the Life Guards and the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre, as well as the kids that I train.
Pros
good pay
Cons
far drive
Great group of individuals in a small city environment
GIS Developer/Designer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 June 2014
I created many land parcel maps and highway interchanges to be used as background maps for future geographical information system project the city was in the process of implementing. A great group of workers who were more than happy to assist me when I needed it and a provided guidance in my professional development. I always felt welcome and apart of the team.
Downtown Development of the City of Brantford was an amazing opportunity
Downtown Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 March 2014
the hardest part of the job was dealing with interdepartmental controls and bringing the stakeholders of the downtown to a consensus

developing innovative community and post secondary programs for a safe community
Pros
opportunity to redevelop the worst downtown in canada
Cons
long hours, inconsitent management

4.8