City of Brampton Employee Reviews

great and positive atmosphere for all workers
Special Needs Camp Leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
As a special needs counsellor, it was challenging to find any reason to want to leave this job with City of Brampton as it is an outstanding opportunity to have. Each day required the same hours (9-4pm), which was a great schedule for me and balancing my life outside of my job. I got the opportunity to learn much more than a lot of people involved in a full time job, as I specifically worked with individuals who created a very bright and positive environment. the management is incredible, especially for students, and very understanding of your needs. It was easy to approach any level of management you need. This job was a great experience, mainly because of the company i worked for and the people involved.
Rewarding
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2017
Crossing various pedestrians during school hours was rewarding knowing that we can safely help them cross the street everyday. I enjoyed being outside meeting many people.
great environment
Ice staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
This job was very engaging and fulfilling. thee management was very kind and understanding. The environment is fun and welcoming. I learned new communication skills. The team environment is encouraging and upbeat.
Pros
good salary
Cons
not enough hours
Collaborative and supportive team atmosphere
Emergency Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2017
I loved coming to work here, whether it was working in the office or out in the field. I learned a great deal about internal and external stakeholder engagement.
great enviorment
Part-time Concessions (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2017
great environment to work in all employees are really friendly, so are the managers, they treat you like a family and everyone is always in a positive mood
managers
Lifeguard and Swim instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2017
most people hate their job and barely take shifts for eachother, and the managers dont like to deal with employees. fun trainings with entire staff, very physical
Pros
warm
Cons
boring
Great place to work minus the lack of hours
Lead Fitness Floor Staff and Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2017
The city of Brampton only allows for 24 hours/week which isint fair as other municipality allow for a full work week of 40 hours.
Bad
Skating Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
I found it very difficult to work for the city. Salaries are low, there is little to no training and I had many negative experiences with employees. Even with the large work force nobody will ever cover a shift for you and management is constantly changing. They also don't advance people that deserve it. Overall I'm glad I left.
Fun and welcoming workplace
Deck Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2017
The hours were very flexible and the other employees are fun to work with. The management were understanding and accommodating.
Ciry of Brampton was great for a starter job, not sure if it was the right place for me.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Working for the City of Brampton was a great experience for me, I encountered many different kinds of people who gave me a lifetime of knowledge and experience that i will never forget.
In my 10 years with the City of Brampton, I had many managers who were are beneficial in their own way, the hard part was having them change and relocate very frequently. The most enjoyable part of my experience with working for the City of Brampton was being able to help others through the booking/registration process with out any hassles, and walk out smiling.
Pros
Diverse employment
Cons
frequant managment changes
Great workplace
Instructor and Lifeguard, Indoor Pool (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
I get to work with children, adults from different culture where I learn while I teach. It is a great place to work as Cassie offers flexible working hours.
Fun and social work environment
Fitness Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Working with the City is fun, you're independent and get to teach your class with exercises of your choice. A lot of the members are regulars so they are very talkative and friendly once they get to know you. Co-workers are fun, and the management is easy to get along with and can contact them with whatever inquiries.
Quality program delivery
Recreation Supervisor, KMPSS (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 December 2016
working to enhance the recreation experience for the residents of Brampton.
Recreation and Culture staff are passionate and committed to quality delivery
Pros
growth and development
Fun work place and great experience
Skills and Drills Head Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
The company is a great company providing good experience with children and kids. A typical day at work in recreation would require you to teach classes. Co workers are usually of high school age or little bit older
Positive work environment and great colleagues
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2016
Everyday begins with a review of what needs to be accomplished and priority jobs to be done by the end of the day. We get our assignments and begin working earnestly asking each other for whatever extra information we need to complete our assignments to the best of our abilities.
Customer Service focused environment
Head Transit Service Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Great working environment, high job security, lots of flexibility and support on the job. If you enjoy working with the public this is a great job to do so.
Very poor senior management, they were scared of the union
Fleet Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2016
Very poor atmosphere constant pressure on mid management on call all the time no completely free time no family values cared little about peoples personal lifes
Pros
wages benefits
Cons
constant stress
Productive and fun workplace with camp participants
Sports Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2016
Energy the moment you enter the facility. You live and work to have fun and do it all with a smile. It's a creative environment where new ideas explode from everyone working together and being inspired by a carefree and motivating atmosphere.
Challenging work environment and continuous learning on the job
Horticulturist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2016
Typical day at work :
watering flower beds, weeding, cultivating, string trimming and grass cutting

I have worked for the city of Brampton for 11 years and have continuously learned new skills over the years. The job has provided me with various employment opportunities throughout the city.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
not enough hours all year round
Productive and fun
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2016
Good place to work with great structure and great co-workers, would recommend that everyone try to get in. Great place for students and or potential full-time workers.
Pros
Free lunches