CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Company
Part Time Maintenance Work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Productive and Modern environment
Entry level (Former Employee) –  41 George StNovember 1, 2015
This is a great place to work with good hours, and culture.

It is a warm, and welcoming environment.
Work is decent with option for personal time.
Pros
Complimentary Food
Cons
Slow Pace
Nice place to work at
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2015
Its very good experience dealing with government process. The design and Construction department deals with all kinds of projects. the only issue with this job that's its a contract.
Great!
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 10, 2015
I've learned a lot from the staff, team members, coordinators, etc. It has been a wonderful experience which I do not regret.
Fun but no proper management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BramptonOctober 1, 2015
The salary is great but this organisation lacks leadership at the middle and upper management level.
They demonstrate the typical "government job" mentality and is not run very efficiently. There is no accountability and wasted resources. Instead of performance management, they just hire more people to get the job done.
Pros
easy to get time off
Great staff
Public Relations & Communication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Great Staff, wonderful programs and people that really care. Good corporate culture with lots of opportunities to grow professionally.
a great time
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2015
a typical day at work would be 8-10 hours and get paid good money and have a good time also a couple breaks and a ping pong table would be sick
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Assistant Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
I did two coop positions and it was a great experience.

Always something to learn and do!
I enjoyed the environment and the people.
Fun to work
Camp Leader/Gen. Program Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Working for the City of Brampton was excellent when I had the opportunity. A typical day at work would be playing sports or games with children between the ages of 6-12, swimming and supervising lunch. I learned that patience is a key asset when dealing with people especially children & every individual makes a difference in terms of making an impact in a company or another persons' life. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who were completely unreasonable, time off fun activities or calls to home had no effect of their behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it didn't feel like a job, I was playing games with children which was enjoyable for myself, co-workers & the kids.
Pros
Occasional free meals
Cons
Inconsistent hours of work
Excellent place to work and very enjoyable bunch of people
Ice Skating/Hockey Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
It is a great, family oriented place to work, very understanding staff, extremely flexible, reliable hours. The hours are not as abundant as one might hope but it helped me get other, higher paying jobs.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Wage, hours
gymnastics coach teaching children how to do skills
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Fun work place with rewarding outcomes. Always supported by co-workers. Management is supportive, the hardest part is just having to teach the children how to do skills if they are scared to do them. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the students get when they finally learnt the skill and hearing all the stories that the students had to tell the group.
Good working environment with great co-workers
Arts & Culture Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I've worked in different departments within the city and have enjoyed all of them. Majority of management is very supportive and tries to help you advance and continue to excel.
Horrible Hours but Great Management
Skate Instructor, Skate Guard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 31, 2015
The 'Head Coaches' are usually very dependable and informative, which is reassuring working in a demanding job. However, the shifts vary from 2-4 hours and there is huge competition to get shifts. Also, the benefits are nothing too special, considering it's a City job. Overall, it's not a bad job but only if you are looking for a little amount of money.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Horrible Shifts
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Camp Director (Current Employee) –  BramptonAugust 16, 2015
Typical day at work includes:
- Reporting to building supervisor for your specific department
- interacting with customers and participants (parents/children)
- Administering first aid/medication as needed
- Programming room schedules for daily activities
- Assisting with daily set up and takedown

What I learned:
- how to work in a fast paced environment
- Tactics on how to properly interact and provide customer service to paying customers
- Time management tactics (checklists, having a reminder board, completing tasks in order of priority)
- How to work within a team of up to 30 people, making sure the appropriate tasks are being delegated and employee morale is consistent
Part-timers get shafted
Fitness Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 6, 2015
I have been working for the City of Brampton in the Rec and Culture division for the past 4 years.

Pros:

-Experience (boot camps, personal training)
-Friendly co-workers
-Members are great
-Easy to take time off and/or find coverage if needed

Cons:

- Poor Pay
-PAY FREEZE - I haven't received a cent increase, ever
-Hour cap; part-timers get capped at 24 hrs/week
- Part-timers are on seasonal contracts = 0 job security
- WHO you know will get you further than WHAT you know, or how long you've been working for the city
- They pay for NOTHING, no money given for continuing education or recertifications
- Seem like the "big bosses" don't see the big picture, nor communicate with "the little guys" who actually run the programs.
Pros
Friendly staff and members; great work/life balance
Cons
Pay, pay freeze, capped hours, turnover is high
Productive and relaxed environment
Business Process Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2015
Contrary to public sector, this organization is progressive in thinking and is trying to establish itself as a role model for other municipalities.
Great Workplace!
Bar/Lounge Attendant, Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 4, 2015
I've been employed here for more than 5 years. It has grest job security, decent job movement, however it does have its cons as well depending on the type of deparement as I have been around several.

Pros:
Great Staff
Good Job Security

Cons:
Poor Compensation
Unorganized at times
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Poor Pay
I learned about recreation parks maintenance.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 22, 2015
My experience working for the City of Brampton was informative and memorable. I worked in the Community Services and Recreation Department specifically at the Brampton Soccer Centre.
I used my good work ethic while performing tasks and duties assigned. I learned different working styles of my co-workers and managers on the job.

To my deepest remorse my employment ended with the City of Brampton at the Brampton Soccer Centre in 2013.
Fun workplace with lots of learning experiences
Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work involves teaching students of all ages the skill of swimming. I have learned about different teaching styles and how all individuals learn differently. My co-workers are amazing people who were always ready to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with many different people!
Great Expirience
Camp Leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 3, 2015
Teaching Piano and Theory with Children who are enthusiastic and focused was an amazing experience, and taught me to be patient and to attend to the needs of every individual rather than to the group.