CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews in Canada

Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely
Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 13, 2016
Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely... I was respected and given full freedom to do my work... I was given the opportunity to flourish in my skill set
Hardworking Job with Relaxed environment and friendly staff
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
This job requires lots of physical labour and sometimes chaotic days which involves driving from location to location in order to complete the required tasks each day. The staff is very friendly and although the work can be physically demanding it is a fairly relaxed work environment.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Intense Physical Labour
A day on the clock
Volunteer Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 8, 2016
Very fun, and overall an enjoyable experience with these wonderful people. I find that it was very humbling to work here. I learned how to multitask and manage more efficiently, mainly
Good workplace
Child and Youth Programs Leader & Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
- Part time workers not unionized (unlike the City of Toronto)
- Positive environment
- Flexible hours, good for students
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2015
A great job for mothers with children and especially students enrolled in post-secondary institutions. Staff and management are helpful. Only downside is irate customers but that comes with the job. Its customer service at the end of the day.
The pay is great but its only part-time. That's the only downside.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Staff
Cons
Customers can be difficult
Fun working enviroment
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
- All the team member including the shift lead are very friendly and i feel very welcomed when i go to work.

- Driving the vehicle for 12 hours

- I have learned to be patience and catious
Experience varies depending on location and position.
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Teaching swimming was fast paced, disorganized, and often cramped so tight it makes teaching near impossible.

Teaching Art was organised, fast paced, and quite spacious, making teaching a large class easy and pleasant.
Pros
fast paced
Cleaned up the park daily
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2015
Management was poor, they revoked our lunch breaks (which is illegal) would not work for this company again. Hours were very good, flexible to my schedule,
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Camp Director (Current Employee) –  BramptonAugust 16, 2015
Typical day at work includes:
- Reporting to building supervisor for your specific department
- interacting with customers and participants (parents/children)
- Administering first aid/medication as needed
- Programming room schedules for daily activities
- Assisting with daily set up and takedown

What I learned:
- how to work in a fast paced environment
- Tactics on how to properly interact and provide customer service to paying customers
- Time management tactics (checklists, having a reminder board, completing tasks in order of priority)
- How to work within a team of up to 30 people, making sure the appropriate tasks are being delegated and employee morale is consistent
Fun to work
Camp Leader/Gen. Program Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Working for the City of Brampton was excellent when I had the opportunity. A typical day at work would be playing sports or games with children between the ages of 6-12, swimming and supervising lunch. I learned that patience is a key asset when dealing with people especially children & every individual makes a difference in terms of making an impact in a company or another persons' life. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who were completely unreasonable, time off fun activities or calls to home had no effect of their behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it didn't feel like a job, I was playing games with children which was enjoyable for myself, co-workers & the kids.
Pros
Occasional free meals
Cons
Inconsistent hours of work
Call center
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 18, 2013
Successfully facilitate training sessions on new SOP’s, for new and existing employees Facilitate in-class training on city applications Complete on the job training for new employees on call centre procedures, customer service delivery and response and dispatch Create and assemble new hire packages and assist in new hire process Provide internal employees with benefit information and enrolment Assist with benefit provider transition Respond, assess and dispatch customer inquires Received Customer Service Excellence Award by providing exceptional customer service through inbound call centre
Received Team Contributor Award for Quality Assurance Excellence and accurate data entry
benefits
Cons
stressful
Great co-workers but very poor culture and no job advancement/security
3-1-1 Call Centre Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  BramptonNovember 13, 2014
Typical day consist of receiving inbound calls regarding numerous municipal services and/or dispatching calls for service to appropriate responding personnel. Completed service requests and provide accurate information to the public. This was a great entry level position in a government call centre in respect to valuable experience gained. Management was not the worse but very poor; the style is front line staff vs management. Management contributes to the gossip among all staff but does not like to hear any gossip about them. You basically have to follow everything they say or you become a target. Contract position which would be extended over and over for a period of 3-6 months and they will hassle you for making a mistake (QA). NO JOB SECURITY and NO ADVANCEMENT! A lot of friends and family hired which contributes to the unfairness and inequality culture. NOT A LONG TERM CAREER! My co-workers however were great to work with. Some people were not the greatest but overall everyone was pretty cool. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co-workers, some of us still stay in touch.
Pros
great pay and great co-workers
Cons
no advancement, no job security, unfair environment, no benefits rotating shifts, poor leadership from management
gymnastics coach teaching children how to do skills
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Fun work place with rewarding outcomes. Always supported by co-workers. Management is supportive, the hardest part is just having to teach the children how to do skills if they are scared to do them. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the students get when they finally learnt the skill and hearing all the stories that the students had to tell the group.
Great Company
Part Time Maintenance Work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Easy and fun
Aquatics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 30, 2015
A city that encourages citizen involvement and allows for city and public interaction. Good co-workers, and good environment.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Busy
Productive and Modern environment
Entry level (Former Employee) –  41 George StNovember 1, 2015
This is a great place to work with good hours, and culture.

It is a warm, and welcoming environment.
Work is decent with option for personal time.
Pros
Complimentary Food
Cons
Slow Pace
Great place to work, especially as a second job
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2014
This is my second job and it works out perfectly for me. Good pay and its half shifts so It allows me to pull doubles with my other job. pretty relaxed environment. Work alone, nobody breathing down your back and no targets to be met.
Pros
flexibility, proximity, free transit
Cons
no benefits, no full time
Excellent place to work and very enjoyable bunch of people
Ice Skating/Hockey Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
It is a great, family oriented place to work, very understanding staff, extremely flexible, reliable hours. The hours are not as abundant as one might hope but it helped me get other, higher paying jobs.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Wage, hours
Good working environment with great co-workers
Arts & Culture Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I've worked in different departments within the city and have enjoyed all of them. Majority of management is very supportive and tries to help you advance and continue to excel.
Fun place to work.
Floor Staff /Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 25, 2012
The best part of my job was the interaction I had with the members and my fellow employees. We were always there to help members with proper technique and form, but also made it fun for them to learn. My fellow employees were always willing to help me and ready to offer any type of support that I needed. In turn, I returned the same.
Pros
helping and meeting new people, friendships were built, free gym membership.
Cons
no benefits