CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews in Canada

A day on the clock
Volunteer Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 8, 2016
Very fun, and overall an enjoyable experience with these wonderful people. I find that it was very humbling to work here. I learned how to multitask and manage more efficiently, mainly
Fun working enviroment
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
- All the team member including the shift lead are very friendly and i feel very welcomed when i go to work.

- Driving the vehicle for 12 hours

- I have learned to be patience and catious
Very fun envoiroment and very good team environment!
Volunteer with the Brampton Animal Shelter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
I was a snowboard instructor and loved it. All my co-workers were great. Lots of hours and many oppurtinities to find work. Easy to get timne off when needed!
Pros
Lots of hours!
Cons
Lots of training!
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Camp Director (Current Employee) –  BramptonAugust 16, 2015
Typical day at work includes:
- Reporting to building supervisor for your specific department
- interacting with customers and participants (parents/children)
- Administering first aid/medication as needed
- Programming room schedules for daily activities
- Assisting with daily set up and takedown

What I learned:
- how to work in a fast paced environment
- Tactics on how to properly interact and provide customer service to paying customers
- Time management tactics (checklists, having a reminder board, completing tasks in order of priority)
- How to work within a team of up to 30 people, making sure the appropriate tasks are being delegated and employee morale is consistent
Experience varies depending on location and position.
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Teaching swimming was fast paced, disorganized, and often cramped so tight it makes teaching near impossible.

Teaching Art was organised, fast paced, and quite spacious, making teaching a large class easy and pleasant.
Pros
fast paced
Hardworking Job with Relaxed environment and friendly staff
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
This job requires lots of physical labour and sometimes chaotic days which involves driving from location to location in order to complete the required tasks each day. The staff is very friendly and although the work can be physically demanding it is a fairly relaxed work environment.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Intense Physical Labour
Cleaned up the park daily
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2015
Management was poor, they revoked our lunch breaks (which is illegal) would not work for this company again. Hours were very good, flexible to my schedule,
Great Workplace!
Bar/Lounge Attendant, Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 4, 2015
I've been employed here for more than 5 years. It has grest job security, decent job movement, however it does have its cons as well depending on the type of deparement as I have been around several.

Pros:
Great Staff
Good Job Security

Cons:
Poor Compensation
Unorganized at times
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Poor Pay
gymnastics coach teaching children how to do skills
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Fun work place with rewarding outcomes. Always supported by co-workers. Management is supportive, the hardest part is just having to teach the children how to do skills if they are scared to do them. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the students get when they finally learnt the skill and hearing all the stories that the students had to tell the group.
Good workplace
Child and Youth Programs Leader & Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
- Part time workers not unionized (unlike the City of Toronto)
- Positive environment
- Flexible hours, good for students
Great Company
Part Time Maintenance Work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Productive and Modern environment
Entry level (Former Employee) –  41 George StNovember 1, 2015
This is a great place to work with good hours, and culture.

It is a warm, and welcoming environment.
Work is decent with option for personal time.
Pros
Complimentary Food
Cons
Slow Pace
Horrible Hours but Great Management
Skate Instructor, Skate Guard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 31, 2015
The 'Head Coaches' are usually very dependable and informative, which is reassuring working in a demanding job. However, the shifts vary from 2-4 hours and there is huge competition to get shifts. Also, the benefits are nothing too special, considering it's a City job. Overall, it's not a bad job but only if you are looking for a little amount of money.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Horrible Shifts
Great co-workers but very poor culture and no job advancement/security
3-1-1 Call Centre Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  BramptonNovember 13, 2014
Typical day consist of receiving inbound calls regarding numerous municipal services and/or dispatching calls for service to appropriate responding personnel. Completed service requests and provide accurate information to the public. This was a great entry level position in a government call centre in respect to valuable experience gained. Management was not the worse but very poor; the style is front line staff vs management. Management contributes to the gossip among all staff but does not like to hear any gossip about them. You basically have to follow everything they say or you become a target. Contract position which would be extended over and over for a period of 3-6 months and they will hassle you for making a mistake (QA). NO JOB SECURITY and NO ADVANCEMENT! A lot of friends and family hired which contributes to the unfairness and inequality culture. NOT A LONG TERM CAREER! My co-workers however were great to work with. Some people were not the greatest but overall everyone was pretty cool. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co-workers, some of us still stay in touch.
Pros
great pay and great co-workers
Cons
no advancement, no job security, unfair environment, no benefits rotating shifts, poor leadership from management
a great time
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2015
a typical day at work would be 8-10 hours and get paid good money and have a good time also a couple breaks and a ping pong table would be sick
Pros
free lunches
Great staff
Public Relations & Communication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Great Staff, wonderful programs and people that really care. Good corporate culture with lots of opportunities to grow professionally.
Fun to work
Camp Leader/Gen. Program Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Working for the City of Brampton was excellent when I had the opportunity. A typical day at work would be playing sports or games with children between the ages of 6-12, swimming and supervising lunch. I learned that patience is a key asset when dealing with people especially children & every individual makes a difference in terms of making an impact in a company or another persons' life. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who were completely unreasonable, time off fun activities or calls to home had no effect of their behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it didn't feel like a job, I was playing games with children which was enjoyable for myself, co-workers & the kids.
Pros
Occasional free meals
Cons
Inconsistent hours of work
Good working environment with great co-workers
Arts & Culture Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I've worked in different departments within the city and have enjoyed all of them. Majority of management is very supportive and tries to help you advance and continue to excel.
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  N/AJanuary 20, 2016
A very enjoyable place to work. Fast paced place to work. Great people to work with. Very customer service oriented. Great.
Easy and fun
Aquatics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 30, 2015
A city that encourages citizen involvement and allows for city and public interaction. Good co-workers, and good environment.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Busy

CITY OF BRAMPTON Reviews by Location