CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great staff
Public Relations & Communication Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Great Staff, wonderful programs and people that really care. Good corporate culture with lots of opportunities to grow professionally.
a great time
Landscaper (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work would be 8-10 hours and get paid good money and have a good time also a couple breaks and a ping pong table would be sick
Assistant Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
I did two coop positions and it was a great experience.

Always something to learn and do!
I enjoyed the environment and the people.
Fun to work
Camp Leader/Gen. Program Instuctor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Occasional free meals
Cons: Inconsistent hours of work
Working for the City of Brampton was excellent when I had the opportunity. A typical day at work would be playing sports or games with children between the ages of 6-12, swimming and supervising lunch. I learned that patience is a key asset when dealing with people especially children & every individual makes a difference in terms of making an impact in a company or another persons' life. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who were completely unreasonable, time off fun activities or calls to home had no effect of their behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it didn't feel like a job, I was playing games with children which was enjoyable for myself, co-workers & the kids.
Excellent place to work and very enjoyable bunch of people
Ice Skating/Hockey Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Wage, hours
It is a great, family oriented place to work, very understanding staff, extremely flexible, reliable hours. The hours are not as abundant as one might hope but it helped me get other, higher paying jobs.
gymnastics coach teaching children how to do skills
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Fun work place with rewarding outcomes. Always supported by co-workers. Management is supportive, the hardest part is just having to teach the children how to do skills if they are scared to do them. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the students get when they finally learnt the skill and hearing all the stories that the students had to tell the group.
Good working environment with great co-workers
Arts & Culture Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I've worked in different departments within the city and have enjoyed all of them. Majority of management is very supportive and tries to help you advance and continue to excel.
Horrible Hours but Great Management
Skate Instructor, Skate Guard (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great managers
Cons: Horrible Shifts
The 'Head Coaches' are usually very dependable and informative, which is reassuring working in a demanding job. However, the shifts vary from 2-4 hours and there is huge competition to get shifts. Also, the benefits are nothing too special, considering it's a City job. Overall, it's not a bad job but only if you are looking for a little amount of money.
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Camp Director (Current Employee), BramptonAugust 16, 2015
Typical day at work includes:
- Reporting to building supervisor for your specific department
- interacting with customers and participants (parents/children)
- Administering first aid/medication as needed
- Programming room schedules for daily activities
- Assisting with daily set up and takedown

What I learned:
- how to work in a fast paced environment
- Tactics on how to properly interact and provide customer service to paying customers
- Time management tactics (checklists, having a reminder board, completing tasks in order of priority)
- How to work within a team of up to 30 people, making sure the appropriate tasks are being delegated and employee morale is consistent
Part-timers get shafted
Fitness Staff (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff and members; great work/life balance
Cons: Pay, pay freeze, capped hours, turnover is high
I have been working for the City of Brampton in the Rec and Culture division for the past 4 years.

Pros:

-Experience (boot camps, personal training)
-Friendly co-workers
-Members are great
-Easy to take time off and/or find coverage if needed

Cons:

- Poor Pay
-PAY FREEZE - I haven't received a cent increase, ever
-Hour cap; part-timers get capped at 24 hrs/week
- Part-timers are on seasonal contracts = 0 job security
- WHO you know will get you further than WHAT you know, or how long you've been working for the city
- They pay for NOTHING, no money given for continuing education or recertifications
- Seem like the "big bosses" don't see the big picture, nor communicate with "the little guys" who actually run the programs.
Productive and relaxed environment
Business Process Advisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2015
Contrary to public sector, this organization is progressive in thinking and is trying to establish itself as a role model for other municipalities.
Great Workplace!
Bar/Lounge Attendant, Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Poor Pay
I've been employed here for more than 5 years. It has grest job security, decent job movement, however it does have its cons as well depending on the type of deparement as I have been around several.

Pros:
Great Staff
Good Job Security

Cons:
Poor Compensation
Unorganized at times
I learned about recreation parks maintenance.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 22, 2015
My experience working for the City of Brampton was informative and memorable. I worked in the Community Services and Recreation Department specifically at the Brampton Soccer Centre.
I used my good work ethic while performing tasks and duties assigned. I learned different working styles of my co-workers and managers on the job.

To my deepest remorse my employment ended with the City of Brampton at the Brampton Soccer Centre in 2013.
Fun workplace with lots of learning experiences
Swimming Instructor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work involves teaching students of all ages the skill of swimming. I have learned about different teaching styles and how all individuals learn differently. My co-workers are amazing people who were always ready to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with many different people!
Great Expirience
Camp Leader (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 3, 2015
Teaching Piano and Theory with Children who are enthusiastic and focused was an amazing experience, and taught me to be patient and to attend to the needs of every individual rather than to the group.
Working as a volunteer for the City of Brampton
Assistant Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2015
Working as a volunteer for the City of Brampton was an enjoyment as those who trained you did it with enthusiasm and kindness. It was a very welcoming environment and I had always looked forward to returning each week.
Productive and Fun workplace
Trainer/Instructor (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 26, 2015
Fun and productive workplace. Diverse and accepting with an appreciation for flexibility. Despite a lot of part-time positions, it is still enjoyable to work there.
fun
Swimming Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 17, 2015
kids are great to teach, they value you if you value their learning, coworkers are friendly and fun, lots of training provided
Great Experience
Camp Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 23, 2015
Had a great time working as a camp leader, had a lot of fun organizing games and activities for the children, and also keeping them safe at the same time... Management and workers were also really friendly and professional!
ok
Junior Accountant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 7, 2015
• Involved in the careful order picking of products for transfer shipment to other KSP locations
• Responsible for processing damage claims made by customers, and then processing these claims to the vendors
• Involved in delivering KSP items from one location to other KSP locations
• Responsible for receiving new items that are shipped to the warehouse
• Involved in training new hires on the companies 8 step receiving process
• Responsible for inventory control and management to ensure the accuracy of the inventory amounts