City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Great Workplace!
Bar/Lounge Attendant, Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brampton4 July 2015
I've been employed here for more than 5 years. It has grest job security, decent job movement, however it does have its cons as well depending on the type of deparement as I have been around several.

Pros:
Great Staff
Good Job Security

Cons:
Poor Compensation
Unorganized at times
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Poor Pay
Fun work place during the summer
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2016
I have worked with the city of Brampton since 2003. I have enjoyed my experience with the city. During my time as a camp counselor, a typical day was meeting the kids and playing interactive activities until 9 o'clock when camp starts. During the day, we played sports such as hockey, soccer, discus, javelin, and many more. A big part of my job was to make sure that the kids were able to have fun and encourage team building skills with different types of games. Being a camp counselor taught me discipline and leadership skills. The management was very genuine and made sure that the staff always were always in a good mood. They communicated everything and anything that they felt was important. My co-workers are what made my day extra special. You build a very strong bond with them over the summer and make memories for the rest of you life. I would say the hardest part of the job is having to discipline the kids that don't want to listen. Very often though, the kids are respectful and enjoy being at camp. The best part of my job seeing all of my co-workers and the kids having a great time. This always puts a smile on my face.
Pros
Playing sports and activities while getting paid.
Cons
Disciplining the kids that don't listen
Call center
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2013
Successfully facilitate training sessions on new SOP’s, for new and existing employees Facilitate in-class training on city applications Complete on the job training for new employees on call centre procedures, customer service delivery and response and dispatch Create and assemble new hire packages and assist in new hire process Provide internal employees with benefit information and enrolment Assist with benefit provider transition Respond, assess and dispatch customer inquires Received Customer Service Excellence Award by providing exceptional customer service through inbound call centre
Received Team Contributor Award for Quality Assurance Excellence and accurate data entry
benefits
Cons
stressful
A day on the clock
Volunteer Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2016
Very fun, and overall an enjoyable experience with these wonderful people. I find that it was very humbling to work here. I learned how to multitask and manage more efficiently, mainly
Fun working enviroment
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2016
- All the team member including the shift lead are very friendly and i feel very welcomed when i go to work.

- Driving the vehicle for 12 hours

- I have learned to be patience and catious
Productive and safe workplace.
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2016
Coworkers and staff were very friendly and approachable. Kids and parents were fun to work with and overall it was a good experience in terms of teamwork, communication and customer service.
Great co-workers but very poor culture and no job advancement/security
3-1-1 Call Centre Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton13 November 2014
Typical day consist of receiving inbound calls regarding numerous municipal services and/or dispatching calls for service to appropriate responding personnel. Completed service requests and provide accurate information to the public. This was a great entry level position in a government call centre in respect to valuable experience gained. Management was not the worse but very poor; the style is front line staff vs management. Management contributes to the gossip among all staff but does not like to hear any gossip about them. You basically have to follow everything they say or you become a target. Contract position which would be extended over and over for a period of 3-6 months and they will hassle you for making a mistake (QA). NO JOB SECURITY and NO ADVANCEMENT! A lot of friends and family hired which contributes to the unfairness and inequality culture. NOT A LONG TERM CAREER! My co-workers however were great to work with. Some people were not the greatest but overall everyone was pretty cool. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co-workers, some of us still stay in touch.
Pros
Great pay and great co-workers
Cons
NO advancement, No job security, unfair environment, NO benefits rotating shifts, poor leadership from management
Fun workplace with a small office
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2016
I learned how to work in a team solve situations in the pool.
I learned how to communicate with children and their parents to help them achieve their swimming goals.
Pros
Kind staff, feels like a family
Cons
working the night shift.
Very fun envoiroment and very good team environment!
Volunteer with the Brampton Animal Shelter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 April 2016
I was a snowboard instructor and loved it. All my co-workers were great. Lots of hours and many oppurtinities to find work. Easy to get timne off when needed!
Pros
Lots of hours!
Cons
Lots of training!
Fun place to work.
Floor Staff /Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 June 2012
The best part of my job was the interaction I had with the members and my fellow employees. We were always there to help members with proper technique and form, but also made it fun for them to learn. My fellow employees were always willing to help me and ready to offer any type of support that I needed. In turn, I returned the same.
Pros
helping and meeting new people, friendships were built, free gym membership.
Cons
no benefits
Great place to work, especially as a second job
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2014
This is my second job and it works out perfectly for me. Good pay and its half shifts so It allows me to pull doubles with my other job. pretty relaxed environment. Work alone, nobody breathing down your back and no targets to be met.
Pros
flexibility, proximity, free transit
Cons
no benefits, no full time
Good workplace
Child and Youth Programs Leader & Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2016
- Part time workers not unionized (unlike the City of Toronto)
- Positive environment
- Flexible hours, good for students
a great time
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 September 2015
a typical day at work would be 8-10 hours and get paid good money and have a good time also a couple breaks and a ping pong table would be sick
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Experience varies depending on location and position.
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 February 2016
Teaching swimming was fast paced, disorganized, and often cramped so tight it makes teaching near impossible.

Teaching Art was organised, fast paced, and quite spacious, making teaching a large class easy and pleasant.
Pros
fast paced
Hardworking Job with Relaxed environment and friendly staff
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2016
This job requires lots of physical labour and sometimes chaotic days which involves driving from location to location in order to complete the required tasks each day. The staff is very friendly and although the work can be physically demanding it is a fairly relaxed work environment.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Intense Physical Labour
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2015
A great job for mothers with children and especially students enrolled in post-secondary institutions. Staff and management are helpful. Only downside is irate customers but that comes with the job. Its customer service at the end of the day.
The pay is great but its only part-time. That's the only downside.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Staff
Cons
Customers can be difficult
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Brampton16 August 2015
Typical day at work includes:
- Reporting to building supervisor for your specific department
- interacting with customers and participants (parents/children)
- Administering first aid/medication as needed
- Programming room schedules for daily activities
- Assisting with daily set up and takedown

What I learned:
- how to work in a fast paced environment
- Tactics on how to properly interact and provide customer service to paying customers
- Time management tactics (checklists, having a reminder board, completing tasks in order of priority)
- How to work within a team of up to 30 people, making sure the appropriate tasks are being delegated and employee morale is consistent
Cleaned up the park daily
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2015
Management was poor, they revoked our lunch breaks (which is illegal) would not work for this company again. Hours were very good, flexible to my schedule,
Fun to work
Camp Leader/Gen. Program Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2015
Working for the City of Brampton was excellent when I had the opportunity. A typical day at work would be playing sports or games with children between the ages of 6-12, swimming and supervising lunch. I learned that patience is a key asset when dealing with people especially children & every individual makes a difference in terms of making an impact in a company or another persons' life. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who were completely unreasonable, time off fun activities or calls to home had no effect of their behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it didn't feel like a job, I was playing games with children which was enjoyable for myself, co-workers & the kids.
Pros
Occasional free meals
Cons
Inconsistent hours of work
Corporate Call Center
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2013
* Take complaints/calls regarding city operations
* Fast paced
* Always different
Pros
1 hour luches and benefits
Cons
stressful days

City of Brampton Reviews by Location