CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ok
Junior Accountant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 7, 2015
• Involved in the careful order picking of products for transfer shipment to other KSP locations
• Responsible for processing damage claims made by customers, and then processing these claims to the vendors
• Involved in delivering KSP items from one location to other KSP locations
• Responsible for receiving new items that are shipped to the warehouse
• Involved in training new hires on the companies 8 step receiving process
• Responsible for inventory control and management to ensure the accuracy of the inventory amounts
Wonderful environment, fun place to work with great leaders.
Customer Service Representative/Group Leader (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 10, 2014
Working for the City of Brampton you never know what your day will be like, but with the amazing staff and management you have the support to handle any situation.

There opportunities to explore different areas of reacreation which make this job a wonderful place for those eager to learn.
I learned about recreation parks maintenance.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 22, 2015
My experience working for the City of Brampton was informative and memorable. I worked in the Community Services and Recreation Department specifically at the Brampton Soccer Centre.
I used my good work ethic while performing tasks and duties assigned. I learned different working styles of my co-workers and managers on the job.

To my deepest remorse my employment ended with the City of Brampton at the Brampton Soccer Centre in 2013.
Great place to work, especially as a second job
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility, proximity, free transit
Cons: no benefits, no full time
This is my second job and it works out perfectly for me. Good pay and its half shifts so It allows me to pull doubles with my other job. pretty relaxed environment. Work alone, nobody breathing down your back and no targets to be met.
Fun workplace with lots of learning experiences
Swimming Instructor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work involves teaching students of all ages the skill of swimming. I have learned about different teaching styles and how all individuals learn differently. My co-workers are amazing people who were always ready to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with many different people!
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 20, 2012
With the city of Brampton I have volunteered at many events at different times in the year. I have volunteered at valentine day events, Christmas parades, fright night events and much more. Volunteering with them I have learned how to organize an event, how to talk to children and talking to their parents as well. I have always gotten to meet new people therefore I have increased my confidence much more.
A very busy work environment with dedicated staff, and opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Executive Assistant to the Mayor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent compensation and benefits.
Cons: Overtime often required to meet deadlines.
A very busy work environment, with collegial, dedicated staff working together as a team. Very customer focused environment. Employees are sometimes called upon to work long hours to meed deadlines, but compensation and benefits are excellent. The most enjoyable part of working with the city is the excellent staff.
Very interesting Contract position
Maintenance Records Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 26, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: not permanent
It was a different enviroment and duties but I enjoyed the work immensely. I was replacing a person who was on disability. The 6 month contract was extended as they liked my work habits very much but left when I was offered a permanent job at V.J. Pamensky Canada Inc.
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, Great Staff
Cons: Customers can be difficult
A great job for mothers with children and especially students enrolled in post-secondary institutions. Staff and management are helpful. Only downside is irate customers but that comes with the job. Its customer service at the end of the day.
The pay is great but its only part-time. That's the only downside.
Great Workplace!
Bar/Lounge Attendant, Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Poor Pay
I've been employed here for more than 5 years. It has grest job security, decent job movement, however it does have its cons as well depending on the type of deparement as I have been around several.

Pros:
Great Staff
Good Job Security

Cons:
Poor Compensation
Unorganized at times
Fun but no proper management
Supervisor (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 1, 2015
Pros: easy to get time off
The salary is great but this organisation lacks leadership at the middle and upper management level.
They demonstrate the typical "government job" mentality and is not run very efficiently. There is no accountability and wasted resources. Instead of performance management, they just hire more people to get the job done.
Hardworking Job with Relaxed environment and friendly staff
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Relaxed work environment
Cons: Intense Physical Labour
This job requires lots of physical labour and sometimes chaotic days which involves driving from location to location in order to complete the required tasks each day. The staff is very friendly and although the work can be physically demanding it is a fairly relaxed work environment.
great staff
Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: hard to get full time position
I enjoyed my time with the city of Brampton I worked with some great people.

I was responsible for registering people in all city of Brampton programs, as well as answering all phone calls.

Responsible for customers coming into the facility with questions, and helping explain programs and what the city offers.
Excellent place to work and very enjoyable bunch of people
Ice Skating/Hockey Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Wage, hours
It is a great, family oriented place to work, very understanding staff, extremely flexible, reliable hours. The hours are not as abundant as one might hope but it helped me get other, higher paying jobs.
GREAT WORK PLACE
Operations Staff (Former Employee), brampton ontarioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great staff. good times.
Cons: can't think of any
managers a lesbian. took great offence to overhearing staff stating personal opinions. conflict resolution incident turned against the defendant resulting in job loss. watch what you say . you never know who's listening.
Fun workplace with lots of learning experience
Fitness Staff/Personal Trainer/Spin Instructor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: good surroundings, friendly management, laid-back
Cons: the pay is the worse for any municipality
Interface and network with members, clean equipment, teach fitness classes, create personalized programs, market community programs.
Great Pay
Clerk (Former Employee), Old Brampton, ENGMarch 31, 2014
- arrive at 8:30
- check/reply to emails
- set up for any meetings/tours
- dive into the paperwork
- tours were fun because it gave us a chance to interact with the public of all ages
- works done at 4:30
Good working environment with great co-workers
Arts & Culture Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I've worked in different departments within the city and have enjoyed all of them. Majority of management is very supportive and tries to help you advance and continue to excel.
Working as a volunteer for the City of Brampton
Assistant Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2015
Working as a volunteer for the City of Brampton was an enjoyment as those who trained you did it with enthusiasm and kindness. It was a very welcoming environment and I had always looked forward to returning each week.
Positive environment
Preschool Camp Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 14, 2014
I learned how to interact with different people. The hardest part of the job was being able to please everyone (children and their parents). The most enjoyable part of the job was helping children grow and flourish as individuals.