CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews in Canada

Challenging work environment and continuous learning on the job
Horticulturist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 21, 2016
Typical day at work :
watering flower beds, weeding, cultivating, string trimming and grass cutting

I have worked for the city of Brampton for 11 years and have continuously learned new skills over the years. The job has provided me with various employment opportunities throughout the city.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
not enough hours all year round
Productive and fun
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 7, 2016
Good place to work with great structure and great co-workers, would recommend that everyone try to get in. Great place for students and or potential full-time workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Excellent Organization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 28, 2016
This organization presented opportunites for travel, for promotion, for training in a field that you are passionate about. there were quite a few areas where opportunities were given to me to move up within the organization.
Pros
Loved the people and my job
Fun
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 12, 2016
amazing job if you love children and/or have an outgoing / positive attitude!
Typical shift is anywhere from 2-5 hours
Management is very friendly and understanding
Pros
good shifts, great co workers
Cons
chlorine rashes :(
Great place to work part time for students who require a balance of work and school.
Facility Maintenance, (Part- Time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 12, 2016
The required day to day work is enjoyable with a variety of different jobs keeping the day eventful.
I learned a lot from municipal affairs, the daily and monthly task involved with building/ facility management and to dealing with the public.
The hardest part of the job is deciding on where to work in such a large diverse organization.
Great job if you love working with children.
Seasonal Inclusive Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 5, 2016
With this job, you meet a lot of new people, which include children, co-workers, and parents. You have to be very social and active.The shifts are great, and management is very understanding.
Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely
Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 13, 2016
Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely... I was respected and given full freedom to do my work... I was given the opportunity to flourish in my skill set
Fun and Flexible Workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 12, 2016
My best memory at work was when I got to open the pool and was the first one there. The silence before all the clients was a nice feeling. Getting to open the pool and making sure everything was in check was fun. Typical day starts off guarding the pool for our early guest that love to fitness swim. Following up would be teaching the adults to swim then the students are at school. Next would be the kids turn to learn how to swim. Followed by a public swim and a fitness swim to close out the day.
Pros
Trade Hours with Co workers
Cons
Cold when wet
Fun working enviroment
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
- All the team member including the shift lead are very friendly and i feel very welcomed when i go to work.

- Driving the vehicle for 12 hours

- I have learned to be patience and catious
A day on the clock
Volunteer Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 8, 2016
Very fun, and overall an enjoyable experience with these wonderful people. I find that it was very humbling to work here. I learned how to multitask and manage more efficiently, mainly
Productive and safe workplace.
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 1, 2016
Coworkers and staff were very friendly and approachable. Kids and parents were fun to work with and overall it was a good experience in terms of teamwork, communication and customer service.
Union ruins everything
Instructor (Part-time) and maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 17, 2016
The full time staff have plenty of job security courtesy of their union, but that security screws over everyone else; especially the part time staff. If you're not full time with the union you are restricted to 24 per week, paid minimum wage, and given little to no hope of advancement and opportunity.

The only benefit of working with the City in any other capacity is the flexibility in the scheduling. It seems the City of Brampton banks on a majority of it's staff being students, therefore the turn over rate for part time positions is high.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay rate, lack of opportunity, lack of full time positions, knowing the right people is the heaviest variable in advancement
Fun workplace with a small office
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 16, 2016
I learned how to work in a team solve situations in the pool.
I learned how to communicate with children and their parents to help them achieve their swimming goals.
Pros
Kind staff, feels like a family
Cons
working the night shift.
Very fun envoiroment and very good team environment!
Volunteer with the Brampton Animal Shelter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
I was a snowboard instructor and loved it. All my co-workers were great. Lots of hours and many oppurtinities to find work. Easy to get timne off when needed!
Pros
Lots of hours!
Cons
Lots of training!
Working at the City of Brampton
Clerk, Business Services W&T(contract) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
In the short time I worked at the City of Brampton I had very good relationships with both colleagues and management. I learned how to work within a new software system. The hardest part of the job was ensuring quality customer care for the citizens of the City of Brampton. My job at the City of Brampton was an entry level position for which I feel I was overqualified, but I did enjoy talking to satisfied citizens.
Pros
Good life work/life balance
Cons
Longer periods of downtime
Enjoyable environment
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 27, 2016
Camps started at 8:45 am and ended at 4:15pm. I have learned many valuable skills including organization, team work and scheduling. Management and co-workers are enjoyable and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the long, busy wrk hours and the most enjoyable is making camp fun for all.
Pros
great salary
Cons
Fun work place during the summer
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2016
I have worked with the city of Brampton since 2003. I have enjoyed my experience with the city. During my time as a camp counselor, a typical day was meeting the kids and playing interactive activities until 9 o'clock when camp starts. During the day, we played sports such as hockey, soccer, discus, javelin, and many more. A big part of my job was to make sure that the kids were able to have fun and encourage team building skills with different types of games. Being a camp counselor taught me discipline and leadership skills. The management was very genuine and made sure that the staff always were always in a good mood. They communicated everything and anything that they felt was important. My co-workers are what made my day extra special. You build a very strong bond with them over the summer and make memories for the rest of you life. I would say the hardest part of the job is having to discipline the kids that don't want to listen. Very often though, the kids are respectful and enjoy being at camp. The best part of my job seeing all of my co-workers and the kids having a great time. This always puts a smile on my face.
Pros
Playing sports and activities while getting paid.
Cons
Disciplining the kids that don't listen
Experience varies depending on location and position.
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Teaching swimming was fast paced, disorganized, and often cramped so tight it makes teaching near impossible.

Teaching Art was organised, fast paced, and quite spacious, making teaching a large class easy and pleasant.
Pros
fast paced
Super fun work environment, very secure job
Dance Instructor, camp leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
The city of Brampton is an ideal workplace.
I have done numerous jobs with the city i.e dance instructor, camp councillor, coach, skills and drills, etc.
Very fun environment with a lot of benefits!!!
Pros
job security, fun
Good workplace
Child and Youth Programs Leader & Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2016
- Part time workers not unionized (unlike the City of Toronto)
- Positive environment
- Flexible hours, good for students

CITY OF BRAMPTON Reviews by Location