City of Brampton Employee Reviews

The advantage of knowledge
PRESCHOOL VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2017
I have worked different types of shift at Cassie Campbell, I've worked in child care programs and in preschools programs. Although they are two different types of shift, I've learned to adapt the knowledge I had to acquire from both shifts to be the best worker I could be.
Nice people, straightforward work, sub-par union
Transit service centres clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
The staff are mostly friendly, fun-loving people and the work is simple enough to understand in your first week or so. The issue is with the communication between staff, the union, and management. There is a huge disconnect and decisions are often made without consideration of the staff.
Pros
free bus rides on Brampton Transit
Cons
30 hour work week limit (as per union agreement)
great workers work here
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 April 2017
Been here 20 years, the workers are very good at what they do, however, recognition from the management team is few and far between.
Have had the pleasure of working with very talented workers who are dedicated and hard working to accomplish the completion of the required job. They have gone above and beyond the norm in some cases but do not receive the recognition they deserve.
Fun and healthy workplace
Personal Trainer/Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
Productive and fun workplace where we can teach individuals to learn to have a healthy growth mindset, where we can assist others to reach new heights and goals in their physical fitness. Management is always there to support and the culture is very diverse at Chinguacousy Wellness Center.
Pros
Able to put forthmy knowledge to help other people achieve their goals in fun innovative ways.
Cons
Part time hours only
Productive learning and reviewing ability in fitness with the City of Brampton
Personal Trainer, Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2017
A typical day consists of communicating with customers and making sure they are satisfied. Responsibilities including cleaning and wiping gym equipment. Throughout the day I will give tours and consultations within the shift. I have learned to try my best when dealing with customers and doing everything in your ability to make them happy. Being introduced to many cultures helps with my customer service experience, i now have the ability to understand customers and assist them with confidence. The hardest part of my job would be having customers complaining about an issue that is out of my control and above managements control as well. The most enjoyable part of the job would be communicating with members and building rapport with individuals.
Pros
Great staff and management, ability to give your opinion
Cons
Short hours, Split shifts
Overall good experience.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
Overall a good work experience in the 8 years that I worked there. I learnt about teamwork in a challenging environment, as well as having worked with one of the best teams in my career.
great and positive atmosphere for all workers
Special Needs Camp Leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
As a special needs counsellor, it was challenging to find any reason to want to leave this job with City of Brampton as it is an outstanding opportunity to have. Each day required the same hours (9-4pm), which was a great schedule for me and balancing my life outside of my job. I got the opportunity to learn much more than a lot of people involved in a full time job, as I specifically worked with individuals who created a very bright and positive environment. the management is incredible, especially for students, and very understanding of your needs. It was easy to approach any level of management you need. This job was a great experience, mainly because of the company i worked for and the people involved.
Rewarding
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2017
Crossing various pedestrians during school hours was rewarding knowing that we can safely help them cross the street everyday. I enjoyed being outside meeting many people.
great environment
Ice staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
This job was very engaging and fulfilling. thee management was very kind and understanding. The environment is fun and welcoming. I learned new communication skills. The team environment is encouraging and upbeat.
Pros
good salary
Cons
not enough hours
Collaborative and supportive team atmosphere
Emergency Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2017
I loved coming to work here, whether it was working in the office or out in the field. I learned a great deal about internal and external stakeholder engagement.
great enviorment
Part-time Concessions (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2017
great environment to work in all employees are really friendly, so are the managers, they treat you like a family and everyone is always in a positive mood
managers
Lifeguard and Swim instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2017
most people hate their job and barely take shifts for eachother, and the managers dont like to deal with employees. fun trainings with entire staff, very physical
Pros
warm
Cons
boring
Great place to work minus the lack of hours
Lead Fitness Floor Staff and Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2017
The city of Brampton only allows for 24 hours/week which isint fair as other municipality allow for a full work week of 40 hours.
Bad
Skating Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
I found it very difficult to work for the city. Salaries are low, there is little to no training and I had many negative experiences with employees. Even with the large work force nobody will ever cover a shift for you and management is constantly changing. They also don't advance people that deserve it. Overall I'm glad I left.
Fun and welcoming workplace
Deck Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2017
The hours were very flexible and the other employees are fun to work with. The management were understanding and accommodating.
Ciry of Brampton was great for a starter job, not sure if it was the right place for me.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Working for the City of Brampton was a great experience for me, I encountered many different kinds of people who gave me a lifetime of knowledge and experience that i will never forget.
In my 10 years with the City of Brampton, I had many managers who were are beneficial in their own way, the hard part was having them change and relocate very frequently. The most enjoyable part of my experience with working for the City of Brampton was being able to help others through the booking/registration process with out any hassles, and walk out smiling.
Pros
Diverse employment
Cons
frequant managment changes
Great workplace
Instructor and Lifeguard, Indoor Pool (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
I get to work with children, adults from different culture where I learn while I teach. It is a great place to work as Cassie offers flexible working hours.
Fun and social work environment
Fitness Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Working with the City is fun, you're independent and get to teach your class with exercises of your choice. A lot of the members are regulars so they are very talkative and friendly once they get to know you. Co-workers are fun, and the management is easy to get along with and can contact them with whatever inquiries.
Quality program delivery
Recreation Supervisor, KMPSS (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 December 2016
working to enhance the recreation experience for the residents of Brampton.
Recreation and Culture staff are passionate and committed to quality delivery
Pros
growth and development
Fun work place and great experience
Skills and Drills Head Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
The company is a great company providing good experience with children and kids. A typical day at work in recreation would require you to teach classes. Co workers are usually of high school age or little bit older

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Brampton. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Brampton Reviews by Location