CITY OF BRAMPTON

CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Workplace!
Bar/Lounge Attendant, Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Poor Pay
I've been employed here for more than 5 years. It has grest job security, decent job movement, however it does have its cons as well depending on the type of deparement as I have been around several.

Pros:
Great Staff
Good Job Security

Cons:
Poor Compensation
Unorganized at times
I learned about recreation parks maintenance.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 22, 2015
My experience working for the City of Brampton was informative and memorable. I worked in the Community Services and Recreation Department specifically at the Brampton Soccer Centre.
I used my good work ethic while performing tasks and duties assigned. I learned different working styles of my co-workers and managers on the job.

To my deepest remorse my employment ended with the City of Brampton at the Brampton Soccer Centre in 2013.
Fun workplace with lots of learning experiences
Swimming Instructor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work involves teaching students of all ages the skill of swimming. I have learned about different teaching styles and how all individuals learn differently. My co-workers are amazing people who were always ready to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with many different people!
Great Expirience
Camp Leader (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 3, 2015
Teaching Piano and Theory with Children who are enthusiastic and focused was an amazing experience, and taught me to be patient and to attend to the needs of every individual rather than to the group.
Working as a volunteer for the City of Brampton
Assistant Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2015
Working as a volunteer for the City of Brampton was an enjoyment as those who trained you did it with enthusiasm and kindness. It was a very welcoming environment and I had always looked forward to returning each week.
Productive and Fun workplace
Trainer/Instructor (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 26, 2015
Fun and productive workplace. Diverse and accepting with an appreciation for flexibility. Despite a lot of part-time positions, it is still enjoyable to work there.
fun
Swimming Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 17, 2015
kids are great to teach, they value you if you value their learning, coworkers are friendly and fun, lots of training provided
Great Experience
Camp Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 23, 2015
Had a great time working as a camp leader, had a lot of fun organizing games and activities for the children, and also keeping them safe at the same time... Management and workers were also really friendly and professional!
ok
Junior Accountant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 7, 2015
• Involved in the careful order picking of products for transfer shipment to other KSP locations
• Responsible for processing damage claims made by customers, and then processing these claims to the vendors
• Involved in delivering KSP items from one location to other KSP locations
• Responsible for receiving new items that are shipped to the warehouse
• Involved in training new hires on the companies 8 step receiving process
• Responsible for inventory control and management to ensure the accuracy of the inventory amounts
Great workplace with great co-workers
Election Technical Assistant (Co-Op and Part Time) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: can't think of any
It was a great and amazing experience while working with City of Brampton.
Working environment was really great and enjoyed each and every working moment with all co-workers.
Very flexible
Team Leader (Marketing Division) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Worked for the city of Brampton in a contract, management really appreciated your job, but employees are too spoiled by the Union
GREAT WORK PLACE
Operations Staff (Former Employee), brampton ontarioFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great staff. good times.
Cons: can't think of any
managers a lesbian. took great offence to overhearing staff stating personal opinions. conflict resolution incident turned against the defendant resulting in job loss. watch what you say . you never know who's listening.
Day At work
Election Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 6, 2015
While I only had the opportunity to work with the City of Brampton's Electoral Department for one day the environment present was a positive one. It balanced efficient work ethics with positive relations with co-workers.
Great environment to work in and wonderful employees
Health/Safety and Wellness Assistant (Current Employee), BramptonJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoy every day going to work at the City of Brampton. I am kept on my toes learning new things daily. Getting to meet with external and internal clients often makes my job fun because I am a people person. The orginizational culture exceeds my expectations and makes working with the City feel like home.

The hardest part leaving the City to gain more experience and continue my education will be the relationships I have fostered with my collegues. I have been given many opportunities that I am thankful for, but would like to explore other ways to expand my skills and knowledge in the Health and Wellness field .
A fun and challenging place to work
Recreation Staff (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work. Bringing people together as one community.
dedicated to exceptional customer service.
Great environment and great people
Economic Development Assisstant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Great management and people to work with. Nice open atmosphere.
Overall Great Atmosphere
Recreation Facilities Administrator (Current Employee), BramptonJanuary 4, 2015
The job environment is warm and welcoming, providing excellent service to our customers is guaranteed through every service
Great place to work, especially as a second job
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility, proximity, free transit
Cons: no benefits, no full time
This is my second job and it works out perfectly for me. Good pay and its half shifts so It allows me to pull doubles with my other job. pretty relaxed environment. Work alone, nobody breathing down your back and no targets to be met.
Great co-workers but very poor culture and no job advancement/security
3-1-1 Call Centre Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), BramptonNovember 13, 2014
Pros: great pay and great co-workers
Cons: no advancement, no job security, unfair environment, no benefits rotating shifts, poor leadership from management
Typical day consist of receiving inbound calls regarding numerous municipal services and/or dispatching calls for service to appropriate responding personnel. Completed service requests and provide accurate information to the public. This was a great entry level position in a government call centre in respect to valuable experience gained. Management was not the worse but very poor; the style is front line staff vs management. Management contributes to the gossip among all staff but does not like to hear any gossip about them. You basically have to follow everything they say or you become a target. Contract position which would be extended over and over for a period of 3-6 months and they will hassle you for making a mistake (QA). NO JOB SECURITY and NO ADVANCEMENT! A lot of friends and family hired which contributes to the unfairness and inequality culture. NOT A LONG TERM CAREER! My co-workers however were great to work with. Some people were not the greatest but overall everyone was pretty cool. The hardest part of the job was leaving my co-workers, some of us still stay in touch.
Excellent Place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2014
Cleaning bathrooms, sweeping floors.
Excellent co-workers