City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Great.
Service Centre Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
The job is great. The people are all amazing. The only downside to the job is that the hours are unreliable. The pay is great, above average, no health benefits though.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Unreliable hours
No hours
Skating Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
Slim to no hours at this establishment, friendly people but very little shifts. Definitely was not making ends meet with the pay cheques I was receiving.
Fun workplace with many people
Sports Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2017
The job is very fun for anyone who likes sports and interacting with youth. You have to keep up with anything that is thrown at you, whether its covering someone's shift or having to clean up the kid's mess (depending on the age group)
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Their aren't that many hours available
Good place to start out
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2017
You are given a number of tasks to do but in relation to the work given the pay doesn't match up, but there a few good people there that make working there easier, as well as some really lovely customers. Like every job there are its good days and bad days.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low pay, internal Politics, A handful of tasks to be accomplished
Fun and great workplace
Camp leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2017
I loved working as a camp leader for the City Of Brampton. I learned so much through my experiences there, from working with children to even just working with management. It was a overall innovative and knowledgable company to work for. The management team trains there employees well and thoroughly so that they can provide the best costumer service and team of people.
Pros
half an hour lunch, working with great campers
Cons
long hours and early days
enjoy work
Sr. Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2017
enhanced skills , work hard , adoptive and friendly environment, rotating shifts, overtime, assist in deployed windows 7 project. and refresh project.
Fun, Unique
Gymnastics Camp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 June 2017
As a supervisor I was in charge of 10-15 staff members for the primary camp. I had to fill out paper work, create groups for the children and assign them a camp leader. Each morning I had to ensure that the children knew who their coaches were, the parents were comfortable with the camp, the children were ready for camp and the staff members knew were they had to be. During the week, I had to plan big camp activities, along with dealing with behaviour children if there were anyone, and helping other staff members. I also had to run training for the new and old staff for the upcoming summer.
Pros
Pay, working with children
great
camp leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 May 2017
it 's manageable. very nice place. fun. interesting place. coworkers are great. boss is great honestly a good place to volunteer at. i recommend it. great.
Fun Workplace and family
BOX OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
Can get a little crazy, but surrounded by good people. If you enjoy theater it is an amazing place for you to work. THe only crazy time is during a show.
The advantage of knowledge
PRESCHOOL VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2017
I have worked different types of shift at Cassie Campbell, I've worked in child care programs and in preschools programs. Although they are two different types of shift, I've learned to adapt the knowledge I had to acquire from both shifts to be the best worker I could be.
Nice people, straightforward work, sub-par union
Transit service centres clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
The staff are mostly friendly, fun-loving people and the work is simple enough to understand in your first week or so. The issue is with the communication between staff, the union, and management. There is a huge disconnect and decisions are often made without consideration of the staff.
Pros
free bus rides on Brampton Transit
Cons
30 hour work week limit (as per union agreement)
great workers work here
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 April 2017
Been here 20 years, the workers are very good at what they do, however, recognition from the management team is few and far between.
Have had the pleasure of working with very talented workers who are dedicated and hard working to accomplish the completion of the required job. They have gone above and beyond the norm in some cases but do not receive the recognition they deserve.
Fun and healthy workplace
Personal Trainer/Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
Productive and fun workplace where we can teach individuals to learn to have a healthy growth mindset, where we can assist others to reach new heights and goals in their physical fitness. Management is always there to support and the culture is very diverse at Chinguacousy Wellness Center.
Pros
Able to put forthmy knowledge to help other people achieve their goals in fun innovative ways.
Cons
Part time hours only
Productive learning and reviewing ability in fitness with the City of Brampton
Personal Trainer, Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2017
A typical day consists of communicating with customers and making sure they are satisfied. Responsibilities including cleaning and wiping gym equipment. Throughout the day I will give tours and consultations within the shift. I have learned to try my best when dealing with customers and doing everything in your ability to make them happy. Being introduced to many cultures helps with my customer service experience, i now have the ability to understand customers and assist them with confidence. The hardest part of my job would be having customers complaining about an issue that is out of my control and above managements control as well. The most enjoyable part of the job would be communicating with members and building rapport with individuals.
Pros
Great staff and management, ability to give your opinion
Cons
Short hours, Split shifts
Overall good experience.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
Overall a good work experience in the 8 years that I worked there. I learnt about teamwork in a challenging environment, as well as having worked with one of the best teams in my career.
great and positive atmosphere for all workers
Special Needs Camp Leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
As a special needs counsellor, it was challenging to find any reason to want to leave this job with City of Brampton as it is an outstanding opportunity to have. Each day required the same hours (9-4pm), which was a great schedule for me and balancing my life outside of my job. I got the opportunity to learn much more than a lot of people involved in a full time job, as I specifically worked with individuals who created a very bright and positive environment. the management is incredible, especially for students, and very understanding of your needs. It was easy to approach any level of management you need. This job was a great experience, mainly because of the company i worked for and the people involved.
Rewarding
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2017
Crossing various pedestrians during school hours was rewarding knowing that we can safely help them cross the street everyday. I enjoyed being outside meeting many people.
great environment
Ice staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
This job was very engaging and fulfilling. thee management was very kind and understanding. The environment is fun and welcoming. I learned new communication skills. The team environment is encouraging and upbeat.
Pros
good salary
Cons
not enough hours
Collaborative and supportive team atmosphere
Emergency Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2017
I loved coming to work here, whether it was working in the office or out in the field. I learned a great deal about internal and external stakeholder engagement.
great enviorment
Part-time Concessions (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2017
great environment to work in all employees are really friendly, so are the managers, they treat you like a family and everyone is always in a positive mood

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Brampton. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Brampton Reviews by Location