City of Brampton

City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Very poor senior management, they were scared of the union
Fleet Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2016
Very poor atmosphere constant pressure on mid management on call all the time no completely free time no family values cared little about peoples personal lifes
Pros
wages benefits
Cons
constant stress
Ciry of Brampton was great for a starter job, not sure if it was the right place for me.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Working for the City of Brampton was a great experience for me, I encountered many different kinds of people who gave me a lifetime of knowledge and experience that i will never forget.
In my 10 years with the City of Brampton, I had many managers who were are beneficial in their own way, the hard part was having them change and relocate very frequently. The most enjoyable part of my experience with working for the City of Brampton was being able to help others through the booking/registration process with out any hassles, and walk out smiling.
Pros
Diverse employment
Cons
frequant managment changes
Enjoyable environment
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2016
Camps started at 8:45 am and ended at 4:15pm. I have learned many valuable skills including organization, team work and scheduling. Management and co-workers are enjoyable and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the long, busy wrk hours and the most enjoyable is making camp fun for all.
Pros
great salary
Play Hard Work harder
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 December 2015
Overall it was an average city job. No issues with pay or any of the other workers. We worked hard to get things done and as a team. When people didn't show up for shifts we pulled up our own socks to keep jobs moving. I made it my goal to show up everyday ready to work to help out my fellow workers. It payed off in the end when we were praised for our hard work from our supervisor. The most difficult part of the job was the distance from my home. It was about a 45 min drive with no traffic. Most of the time however I was driving back and forth in those peak hours. The job had a lot of physical labour which I handled pretty well but it was difficult in the beginning. Overall this was a fantastic job and i had a great time working with them but I am looking to do something different and possibly earn a better salary doing so.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Distance to Brampton
Fun and social work environment
Fitness Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Working with the City is fun, you're independent and get to teach your class with exercises of your choice. A lot of the members are regulars so they are very talkative and friendly once they get to know you. Co-workers are fun, and the management is easy to get along with and can contact them with whatever inquiries.
Bad
Skating Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
I found it very difficult to work for the city. Salaries are low, there is little to no training and I had many negative experiences with employees. Even with the large work force nobody will ever cover a shift for you and management is constantly changing. They also don't advance people that deserve it. Overall I'm glad I left.
Cons
A very busy work environment with dedicated staff, and opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Executive Assistant to the Mayor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 December 2015
A very busy work environment, with collegial, dedicated staff working together as a team. Very customer focused environment. Employees are sometimes called upon to work long hours to meed deadlines, but compensation and benefits are excellent. The most enjoyable part of working with the city is the excellent staff.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits.
Cons
Overtime often required to meet deadlines.
Great place to work minus the lack of hours
Lead Fitness Floor Staff and Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2017
The city of Brampton only allows for 24 hours/week which isint fair as other municipality allow for a full work week of 40 hours.
Super fun work environment, very secure job
Dance Instructor, camp leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2016
The city of Brampton is an ideal workplace.
I have done numerous jobs with the city i.e dance instructor, camp councillor, coach, skills and drills, etc.
Very fun environment with a lot of benefits!!!
Pros
job security, fun
Excellent Organization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 June 2016
This organization presented opportunites for travel, for promotion, for training in a field that you are passionate about. there were quite a few areas where opportunities were given to me to move up within the organization.
Pros
Loved the people and my job
Union ruins everything
Instructor (Part-time) and maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 April 2016
The full time staff have plenty of job security courtesy of their union, but that security screws over everyone else; especially the part time staff. If you're not full time with the union you are restricted to 24 per week, paid minimum wage, and given little to no hope of advancement and opportunity.

The only benefit of working with the City in any other capacity is the flexibility in the scheduling. It seems the City of Brampton banks on a majority of it's staff being students, therefore the turn over rate for part time positions is high.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay rate, lack of opportunity, lack of full time positions, knowing the right people is the heaviest variable in advancement
Fun and welcoming workplace
Deck Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2017
The hours were very flexible and the other employees are fun to work with. The management were understanding and accommodating.
Customer Service focused environment
Head Transit Service Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Great working environment, high job security, lots of flexibility and support on the job. If you enjoy working with the public this is a great job to do so.
Quality program delivery
Recreation Supervisor, KMPSS (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 December 2016
working to enhance the recreation experience for the residents of Brampton.
Recreation and Culture staff are passionate and committed to quality delivery
Pros
growth and development
Positive work environment and great colleagues
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2016
Everyday begins with a review of what needs to be accomplished and priority jobs to be done by the end of the day. We get our assignments and begin working earnestly asking each other for whatever extra information we need to complete our assignments to the best of our abilities.
Fun work place and great experience
Skills and Drills Head Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
The company is a great company providing good experience with children and kids. A typical day at work in recreation would require you to teach classes. Co workers are usually of high school age or little bit older
Working at the City of Brampton
Clerk, Business Services W&T(contract) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2016
In the short time I worked at the City of Brampton I had very good relationships with both colleagues and management. I learned how to work within a new software system. The hardest part of the job was ensuring quality customer care for the citizens of the City of Brampton. My job at the City of Brampton was an entry level position for which I feel I was overqualified, but I did enjoy talking to satisfied citizens.
Pros
Good life work/life balance
Cons
Longer periods of downtime
don't work here
Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 February 2016
it pays like a retail job. the salary is bs however co-workers are super nice. no benefits, no future growth opportunities and only a set amount of hours a week. this city really needs to re structure itself.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and fun
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2016
Good place to work with great structure and great co-workers, would recommend that everyone try to get in. Great place for students and or potential full-time workers.
Pros
Free lunches
great enviorment
Part-time Concessions (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2017
great environment to work in all employees are really friendly, so are the managers, they treat you like a family and everyone is always in a positive mood

City of Brampton Reviews by Location