CITY OF BRAMPTON

CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 25, 2014
Pros: time flies when working in payroll.benefits, great pay!
Cons: distance to travel can be long especially in the winter.
The city of Brampton payroll department was indeed a great place to work! All the employees were hardworking, yet fun to be around.

Each payroll cycle is started with collection of employee data forms (EDC) example , new hires, rehires and terminated employees to determine how to set them up into the computer software. This process although sounds – more... simple it can be a stickler since some EDC are for the current pay period and others are for future periods. Thus the data sheets must first be sorted into specific periods and categories and labeled accordingly in order not to waste time.

The next step is to enter all new hires and rehires information before time entry is locked because that would require supervisors to reopen time entry for one to enter information that should have been entered into the system. Next all relevant deductions and banking are setup. Following deductions I have to calculate terminations and payouts and start running my queries to validate time entry.

The first query is the Hours by Users which records the exact amount of hours entered by each time entry user. This amount must harmonize with the hours sent to payroll by each time entry user. There are of course other queries that must be run and validated in order to ensure accuracy of the payroll. For example, Name List Difference is a query that tells us about incorrect entries and there maybe differences like effective date for a particular job code that must be verified and reasons explained. Of all the queries, Time Entry query is the most tedious because that is where one has to do E.I correction which not many Payroll Administrators like to do.

Having completed all queries, I then print Time Entry Summary report and enter in to the reconciliation sheet for the current pay period. Next is to ask my supervisor to load the report coming from time entry. If I have done all queries correctly , all loaded report must agree with time entry summary and I can happily update the reconciliation sheet. If however there is any rejection of hours, it has be to verified and corrected and once it is corrected, I can now print my payroll summary report and enter on the reconciliation sheet.

One would think that process would end here, but now is the time to start reconciling all deductions including E.I , CPP, WCB, etc. to ensure accuracy of the reconciliation sheet. Once I have finished reconciling, I can now print and sign my Reconciliation Sheet and other back up queries to submit to my supervisor for validation. If there is an error, the supervisor will make a note of the needed correction and ask me to correct it and resubmit the reports.

Once that process is completed, I can print all relevant reports and hand in my payroll as completed. This whole process can last from 1 to 4 days depending on the volume of the payroll.

The City of Brampton is indeed a great place to work and regarding payroll processing it was indeed a pleasure to work with such professional and dedicated staff. They have rekindled my interest in payroll processing. I say this because after completing my Accounting and Payroll Diploma, I started studying Accounting at a more advance level.Because of my experience at the city of Brampton, I am certain that payroll is fun and I would like a career in the payroll field. – less
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 9, 2014
I love working for the City it is a fun enviroment with great people
Great workplace
Swimming Instrcutor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Archery was much better. I was allowed to teach a hobby of mine to children. I was allowed to come early so I could have time to myself so I could shoot.
exhilarating
By-law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Working with the City of Brampton is a great experience with extraordinary diversity and cultures.
Energetic and outgoing atmosphere
Concessions Assistance Programmer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: long days
I have worked for the City of Brampton for just over a year. I started off at Peel Village Golf Course in 2013 as a Concessions Attendant and got offered a position as a Facility Clerk at Chinguacousy Park Curling and Tennis Club. A few months later I got offered to work as a Bartender at the Curling Club. Once, the season ended I got offered yet another – more... position as a Concessions Assistant Programmer running my own building (Mini Golf). The whole experience working with the City of Brampton has taught me how to be proactive, flexible, perfect my time managing skills and how to have fun in your work environment. My fellow co-workers were yet the best people to spend most my days with. Without them, we would not have been the amazing team we are. The most enjoyable part of the job was planning team builders once a month and over viewing everyone being able to leave work at the door and building their leadership skills while enjoying each others company. – less
Was suitable work while I cared for cancer patient at the time
Crossing Guard (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: had to work in all weather conditions
1.5 hours in morning, 1.5 hours at lunch and 1.5 hours at home time. All weather conditions. I learned that I did not want to work outside any more because it kept making me sick. So I went back to school. Management were awesome. I didn't get to spend any time with co-workers. Hardest part of job was working in extreme weather conditons, and most enjoyable – more... part of job was working with amazing kids. – less
productive environment, lots of fun working with children in the community
Recreation Programs Facilitator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: not enough hours
Working with the city of brampton was an amazing experience, the managers and coworkers were great, they ensured that programs were successful and the children in the community were happy.
work is fun
Youth Instructor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 21, 2014
Pros: working with the children and youths
Cons: short hours
everyday when i go into work it is fun because of the children.
Safe working enviorment , team leader, self dedication and works great under pressure.
facility Operator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: working and interacting within and throughout the community, safe working environment, could lead to a greater position
Cons: not enough hours, lack of respect, abuse towards lower level employers (meaning full-timeworkers take credibility for part-timers work)
My typical day at work would start off at 3pm for the city of Brampton. Our job as maintenance staff consists of 3 major topics, 1)The Health and Safety of the public 2) made sure the faciility was clean to its standers and 3)the flow of the public; such as helping them with any questions they had, assisting them with their belongings when asked too – more... and lastly controled the traffic in and out of the facility.

I learned many good habits in working with the city of Brampton, such as working as a team, communication either by, sign language, touching and feeling, hearing and many other ways in understand what the customer wanted to say.

Our management for the city of Brampton by far is the most successful and important job to have, especially when being in charge of all staff and vistors that come into the building as well. Our managment takes care of what happeneds in the build and also what needs to get done around the building inorder to be running at its best. The city of Brampton works together like a family, all co-works and volunteer are close to together and treated with respect no matter what level of work experience you have.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the control of people in and out of the bulidng, this makes it very difficult on making sure that the public is safe from danger and or exposure to natural gas.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and interacting with the people of the city. I really enjoy putting myself out of line to help others in need and also lets your vistors feel safe about the working environment. Another enjoyable aspect is having the ability to come to work with a fresh start and not bring any negativity to the work place. – less
TBC
Deck Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 24, 2014
Our Mission Statement - Working together to foster environmental awareness and responsibility by successfully promoting and coordinating opportunities for neighbourhood and community pride in Brampton, through our Adopt-A-Park and 3Rs Educational Programs.

The Brampton Clean City Committee is a committee of City Council made up of concerned citizens – more... who volunteer their time and effort in promoting environmental awareness and a clean community. The Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Council Committee Room, 4th floor at City Hall. – less
Positive environment
Preschool Camp Leader (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 14, 2014
I learned how to interact with different people. The hardest part of the job was being able to please everyone (children and their parents). The most enjoyable part of the job was helping children grow and flourish as individuals.
Wonderful environment, fun place to work with great leaders.
Customer Service Representative/Group Leader (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 10, 2014
Working for the City of Brampton you never know what your day will be like, but with the amazing staff and management you have the support to handle any situation.

There opportunities to explore different areas of reacreation which make this job a wonderful place for those eager to learn.
City of Brampton - School Crossing Guard
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 1, 2014
As a School Crossing Guard for the City of Brampton, I can say with all honesty that I love my job and I actually look forward to Monday mornings. Out of all the employers that I had they are the best, my bosses treat me with respect, and value my opinions. The school that I am assigned are filled with nice children, the parents are supportive, and – more... the teachers are wonderful, thus my job of crossing the people at my crossing makes my job easy. Working for the City of Brampton is a positive experience for me and I hope to be employed with them for many years to come. – less
Great Pay
Clerk (Former Employee), Old Brampton, ENGMarch 31, 2014
- arrive at 8:30
- check/reply to emails
- set up for any meetings/tours
- dive into the paperwork
- tours were fun because it gave us a chance to interact with the public of all ages
- works done at 4:30
The best place to work
Dance Instructor (Current Employee), BramptonMarch 18, 2014
I love everything about this job. Great people, great environment, great students, great everything!
as before, an excellent place to work in the beginning
Facility General Operator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 11, 2014
the city of brampton needs to really work on compensating their part timers and put more time and effort into working with them,
great staff
Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: hard to get full time position
I enjoyed my time with the city of Brampton I worked with some great people.

I was responsible for registering people in all city of Brampton programs, as well as answering all phone calls.

Responsible for customers coming into the facility with questions, and helping explain programs and what the city offers.
Great fun and rewarding workplace
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 18, 2013
• Provide technical assistance to users and clients through phone and email.
• Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
• Have good experience in ticketing systems.
• Experience installing and troubleshooting in Windows XP and Windows7 – more... Deployment.
• Manage, document and perform inventory checks on computer equipment and
supplies.
• Provide on-site hardware and software support for remote offices.
• Maintain inventory asset management system as needed.
• Well Knowledge in troubleshooting Desktops and laptops issues. – less
Productive.
Parks/Grounds Crew (Current Employee), Brampton ONOctober 29, 2013
Pros: different jobs
Always lots of different jobs to do. Fun place to work. Management is great.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 27, 2013
Loved the Team in Brampton. I can not say enough good things about them. Management was great, co-workers great, facility ,pay all great.