City of Brampton

City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Positive work environment and great colleagues
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2016
Everyday begins with a review of what needs to be accomplished and priority jobs to be done by the end of the day. We get our assignments and begin working earnestly asking each other for whatever extra information we need to complete our assignments to the best of our abilities.
Customer Service focused environment
Head Transit Service Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2016
Great working environment, high job security, lots of flexibility and support on the job. If you enjoy working with the public this is a great job to do so.
Very poor senior management, they were scared of the union
Fleet Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2016
Very poor atmosphere constant pressure on mid management on call all the time no completely free time no family values cared little about peoples personal lifes
Pros
wages benefits
Cons
constant stress
Productive and fun workplace with camp participants
Sports Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2016
Energy the moment you enter the facility. You live and work to have fun and do it all with a smile. It's a creative environment where new ideas explode from everyone working together and being inspired by a carefree and motivating atmosphere.
Challenging work environment and continuous learning on the job
Horticulturist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2016
Typical day at work :
watering flower beds, weeding, cultivating, string trimming and grass cutting

I have worked for the city of Brampton for 11 years and have continuously learned new skills over the years. The job has provided me with various employment opportunities throughout the city.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
not enough hours all year round
Productive and fun
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2016
Good place to work with great structure and great co-workers, would recommend that everyone try to get in. Great place for students and or potential full-time workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Excellent Organization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 June 2016
This organization presented opportunites for travel, for promotion, for training in a field that you are passionate about. there were quite a few areas where opportunities were given to me to move up within the organization.
Pros
Loved the people and my job
Fun
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2016
amazing job if you love children and/or have an outgoing / positive attitude!
Typical shift is anywhere from 2-5 hours
Management is very friendly and understanding
Pros
good shifts, great co workers
Cons
chlorine rashes :(
Great place to work part time for students who require a balance of work and school.
Facility Maintenance, (Part- Time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2016
The required day to day work is enjoyable with a variety of different jobs keeping the day eventful.
I learned a lot from municipal affairs, the daily and monthly task involved with building/ facility management and to dealing with the public.
The hardest part of the job is deciding on where to work in such a large diverse organization.
Great job if you love working with children.
Seasonal Inclusive Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2016
With this job, you meet a lot of new people, which include children, co-workers, and parents. You have to be very social and active.The shifts are great, and management is very understanding.
Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely
Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2016
Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely... I was respected and given full freedom to do my work... I was given the opportunity to flourish in my skill set
Fun and Flexible Workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 May 2016
My best memory at work was when I got to open the pool and was the first one there. The silence before all the clients was a nice feeling. Getting to open the pool and making sure everything was in check was fun. Typical day starts off guarding the pool for our early guest that love to fitness swim. Following up would be teaching the adults to swim then the students are at school. Next would be the kids turn to learn how to swim. Followed by a public swim and a fitness swim to close out the day.
Pros
Trade Hours with Co workers
Cons
Cold when wet
Fun working enviroment
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2016
- All the team member including the shift lead are very friendly and i feel very welcomed when i go to work.

- Driving the vehicle for 12 hours

- I have learned to be patience and catious
A day on the clock
Volunteer Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2016
Very fun, and overall an enjoyable experience with these wonderful people. I find that it was very humbling to work here. I learned how to multitask and manage more efficiently, mainly
Productive and safe workplace.
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2016
Coworkers and staff were very friendly and approachable. Kids and parents were fun to work with and overall it was a good experience in terms of teamwork, communication and customer service.
Union ruins everything
Instructor (Part-time) and maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 April 2016
The full time staff have plenty of job security courtesy of their union, but that security screws over everyone else; especially the part time staff. If you're not full time with the union you are restricted to 24 per week, paid minimum wage, and given little to no hope of advancement and opportunity.

The only benefit of working with the City in any other capacity is the flexibility in the scheduling. It seems the City of Brampton banks on a majority of it's staff being students, therefore the turn over rate for part time positions is high.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay rate, lack of opportunity, lack of full time positions, knowing the right people is the heaviest variable in advancement
Fun workplace with a small office
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2016
I learned how to work in a team solve situations in the pool.
I learned how to communicate with children and their parents to help them achieve their swimming goals.
Pros
Kind staff, feels like a family
Cons
working the night shift.
Very fun envoiroment and very good team environment!
Volunteer with the Brampton Animal Shelter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 April 2016
I was a snowboard instructor and loved it. All my co-workers were great. Lots of hours and many oppurtinities to find work. Easy to get timne off when needed!
Pros
Lots of hours!
Cons
Lots of training!
Working at the City of Brampton
Clerk, Business Services W&T(contract) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2016
In the short time I worked at the City of Brampton I had very good relationships with both colleagues and management. I learned how to work within a new software system. The hardest part of the job was ensuring quality customer care for the citizens of the City of Brampton. My job at the City of Brampton was an entry level position for which I feel I was overqualified, but I did enjoy talking to satisfied citizens.
Pros
Good life work/life balance
Cons
Longer periods of downtime
Enjoyable environment
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2016
Camps started at 8:45 am and ended at 4:15pm. I have learned many valuable skills including organization, team work and scheduling. Management and co-workers are enjoyable and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the long, busy wrk hours and the most enjoyable is making camp fun for all.
Pros
great salary

City of Brampton Reviews by Location