City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great atmosphere with a lot of great people
PLASP after school Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
a lot of great coworkers who are motivated daily to come in and give the job they are doing they're all. it was very diverse and i learned a lot work based and life based from the city, overall a great experience.
great organization!
Swimming Instructor, Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2017
this was an amazing place to start my first ever job. I learned a great deal about community, discipline and was able to improve my interpersonal, professionalism and customer service while working with this company. It set me up for the skills i depend on everyday. It works well with students who are looking for a part time job, or occasional volunteer work.
Fun Workplace with a great atmosphere
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
I personally loved working there, but found it too exhausting as the Leaders didn't do anything but we as the volunteers had to do a lot of more work then the leaders. All they did was boss us around but teaching kids was a great experience. There are some negatives but the positives overweigh the cons.
Fun work place
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2017
great team feel like a family, everyone is always welcoming and do not judge you. I have been working their for a few years so I know the place and enjoyed it would stay but don't have time
Alright
Barn assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 August 2017
Lots of favotism and very hard to find someone to call vet a shift when you are sick. But the animals there are really nice and the schedule was often unfair
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not may days off
Enjoyable working atmosphere with friendly and understanding employees and management
Parks Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2017
Working for the parks department in the city of Brampton has been a pleasant job experience for me. It makes you feel more confident and encouraged to do a job when you feel your employers respect and trust you, which is how I felt working here. I am glad I had the opportunity to work in an outdoors environment with friendly staff and knowledgable supervision.
Pros
Steady hours, decent student pay
Cons
Sometimes involves strenuous work
volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 July 2017
volunteer only not a paid job

Volunteer meeting was held at Century Gardens Recreational Center one Monday per month. We discussed events happening in the city sponsor by the City of Brampton and was given the opportunity to volunteer at the event of our choice
Productive and fun workplace.
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2017
Learned how to deal with large groups of kids, be inclusive of diversity and special needs. Work with different members on a team. Typical day was the routine set by programmers - swimming, field trip, or taking participants to different activities.
Basic job
Life Guard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2017
When i worked PT worker pay was frozen. So the incentive to to continue working through highshool was diminished. Staff is always great but patrons are not well informed
Productive and fun workplace with many jobs!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 July 2017
The City of Brampton is a huge place to work for. Thanks to them, I've done multiple jobs all around Brampton, and have learnt many skills from them, like leadership and team management. The workplace culture is incredible, with the leaders always making sure volunteers and other coworkers are doing their best, and management is top quality. The hardest part of the job is the constant areas that you have to be working in, due to the city being so big, but the most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be that every job is usually interesting, and fun to do.
Standard
Customer Service Representative (Group Leader) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2017
A typical day consists of deposits, payroll, bookings, phone calls and emailing customers and management. I've learned to be patient and considerate of others.
Pros
Standard
Cons
Difficult to move ahead
Great.
Service Centre Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
The job is great. The people are all amazing. The only downside to the job is that the hours are unreliable. The pay is great, above average, no health benefits though.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Unreliable hours
No hours
Skating Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
Slim to no hours at this establishment, friendly people but very little shifts. Definitely was not making ends meet with the pay cheques I was receiving.
Fun workplace with many people
Sports Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2017
The job is very fun for anyone who likes sports and interacting with youth. You have to keep up with anything that is thrown at you, whether its covering someone's shift or having to clean up the kid's mess (depending on the age group)
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Their aren't that many hours available
Good place to start out
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2017
You are given a number of tasks to do but in relation to the work given the pay doesn't match up, but there a few good people there that make working there easier, as well as some really lovely customers. Like every job there are its good days and bad days.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low pay, internal Politics, A handful of tasks to be accomplished
Fun and great workplace
Camp leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2017
I loved working as a camp leader for the City Of Brampton. I learned so much through my experiences there, from working with children to even just working with management. It was a overall innovative and knowledgable company to work for. The management team trains there employees well and thoroughly so that they can provide the best costumer service and team of people.
Pros
half an hour lunch, working with great campers
Cons
long hours and early days
enjoy work
Sr. Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2017
enhanced skills , work hard , adoptive and friendly environment, rotating shifts, overtime, assist in deployed windows 7 project. and refresh project.
Fun, Unique
Gymnastics Camp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 June 2017
As a supervisor I was in charge of 10-15 staff members for the primary camp. I had to fill out paper work, create groups for the children and assign them a camp leader. Each morning I had to ensure that the children knew who their coaches were, the parents were comfortable with the camp, the children were ready for camp and the staff members knew were they had to be. During the week, I had to plan big camp activities, along with dealing with behaviour children if there were anyone, and helping other staff members. I also had to run training for the new and old staff for the upcoming summer.
Pros
Pay, working with children
great
camp leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 May 2017
it 's manageable. very nice place. fun. interesting place. coworkers are great. boss is great honestly a good place to volunteer at. i recommend it. great.
Fun Workplace and family
BOX OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 May 2017
Can get a little crazy, but surrounded by good people. If you enjoy theater it is an amazing place for you to work. THe only crazy time is during a show.