CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
don't work here
Health Coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
it pays like a retail job. the salary is bs however co-workers are super nice. no benefits, no future growth opportunities and only a set amount of hours a week. this city really needs to re structure itself.
Hardworking Job with Relaxed environment and friendly staff
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Relaxed work environment
Cons: Intense Physical Labour
This job requires lots of physical labour and sometimes chaotic days which involves driving from location to location in order to complete the required tasks each day. The staff is very friendly and although the work can be physically demanding it is a fairly relaxed work environment.
Easy and fun
Aquatics Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Busy
A city that encourages citizen involvement and allows for city and public interaction. Good co-workers, and good environment.
A very busy work environment with dedicated staff, and opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Executive Assistant to the Mayor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent compensation and benefits.
Cons: Overtime often required to meet deadlines.
A very busy work environment, with collegial, dedicated staff working together as a team. Very customer focused environment. Employees are sometimes called upon to work long hours to meed deadlines, but compensation and benefits are excellent. The most enjoyable part of working with the city is the excellent staff.
Play Hard Work harder
Worker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: Distance to Brampton
Overall it was an average city job. No issues with pay or any of the other workers. We worked hard to get things done and as a team. When people didn't show up for shifts we pulled up our own socks to keep jobs moving. I made it my goal to show up everyday ready to work to help out my fellow workers. It payed off in the end when we were praised for our hard work from our supervisor. The most difficult part of the job was the distance from my home. It was about a 45 min drive with no traffic. Most of the time however I was driving back and forth in those peak hours. The job had a lot of physical labour which I handled pretty well but it was difficult in the beginning. Overall this was a fantastic job and i had a great time working with them but I am looking to do something different and possibly earn a better salary doing so.
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, Great Staff
Cons: Customers can be difficult
A great job for mothers with children and especially students enrolled in post-secondary institutions. Staff and management are helpful. Only downside is irate customers but that comes with the job. Its customer service at the end of the day.
The pay is great but its only part-time. That's the only downside.
Cleaned up the park daily
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2015
Management was poor, they revoked our lunch breaks (which is illegal) would not work for this company again. Hours were very good, flexible to my schedule,
Great Company
Part Time Maintenance Work (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Productive and Modern environment
Entry level (Former Employee), 41 George StNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Complimentary Food
Cons: Slow Pace
This is a great place to work with good hours, and culture.

It is a warm, and welcoming environment.
Work is decent with option for personal time.
Nice place to work at
Interior Designer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2015
Its very good experience dealing with government process. The design and Construction department deals with all kinds of projects. the only issue with this job that's its a contract.
Great!
Concession Worker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 10, 2015
I've learned a lot from the staff, team members, coordinators, etc. It has been a wonderful experience which I do not regret.
Fun but no proper management
Supervisor (Former Employee), BramptonOctober 1, 2015
Pros: easy to get time off
The salary is great but this organisation lacks leadership at the middle and upper management level.
They demonstrate the typical "government job" mentality and is not run very efficiently. There is no accountability and wasted resources. Instead of performance management, they just hire more people to get the job done.
Great staff
Public Relations & Communication Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Great Staff, wonderful programs and people that really care. Good corporate culture with lots of opportunities to grow professionally.
a great time
Landscaper (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work would be 8-10 hours and get paid good money and have a good time also a couple breaks and a ping pong table would be sick
Assistant Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
I did two coop positions and it was a great experience.

Always something to learn and do!
I enjoyed the environment and the people.
Fun to work
Camp Leader/Gen. Program Instuctor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Occasional free meals
Cons: Inconsistent hours of work
Working for the City of Brampton was excellent when I had the opportunity. A typical day at work would be playing sports or games with children between the ages of 6-12, swimming and supervising lunch. I learned that patience is a key asset when dealing with people especially children & every individual makes a difference in terms of making an impact in a company or another persons' life. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who were completely unreasonable, time off fun activities or calls to home had no effect of their behavior. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it didn't feel like a job, I was playing games with children which was enjoyable for myself, co-workers & the kids.
Excellent place to work and very enjoyable bunch of people
Ice Skating/Hockey Instructor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Wage, hours
It is a great, family oriented place to work, very understanding staff, extremely flexible, reliable hours. The hours are not as abundant as one might hope but it helped me get other, higher paying jobs.
gymnastics coach teaching children how to do skills
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Fun work place with rewarding outcomes. Always supported by co-workers. Management is supportive, the hardest part is just having to teach the children how to do skills if they are scared to do them. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the students get when they finally learnt the skill and hearing all the stories that the students had to tell the group.
Good working environment with great co-workers
Arts & Culture Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I've worked in different departments within the city and have enjoyed all of them. Majority of management is very supportive and tries to help you advance and continue to excel.
Horrible Hours but Great Management
Skate Instructor, Skate Guard (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great managers
Cons: Horrible Shifts
The 'Head Coaches' are usually very dependable and informative, which is reassuring working in a demanding job. However, the shifts vary from 2-4 hours and there is huge competition to get shifts. Also, the benefits are nothing too special, considering it's a City job. Overall, it's not a bad job but only if you are looking for a little amount of money.