CITY OF BRAMPTON Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work part time for students who require a balance of work and school.
Facility Maintenance, (Part- Time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 12, 2016
The required day to day work is enjoyable with a variety of different jobs keeping the day eventful.
I learned a lot from municipal affairs, the daily and monthly task involved with building/ facility management and to dealing with the public.
The hardest part of the job is deciding on where to work in such a large diverse organization.
Fun and Flexible Workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 12, 2016
My best memory at work was when I got to open the pool and was the first one there. The silence before all the clients was a nice feeling. Getting to open the pool and making sure everything was in check was fun. Typical day starts off guarding the pool for our early guest that love to fitness swim. Following up would be teaching the adults to swim then the students are at school. Next would be the kids turn to learn how to swim. Followed by a public swim and a fitness swim to close out the day.
Pros
Trade Hours with Co workers
Cons
Cold when wet
Union ruins everything
Instructor (Part-time) and maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 17, 2016
The full time staff have plenty of job security courtesy of their union, but that security screws over everyone else; especially the part time staff. If you're not full time with the union you are restricted to 24 per week, paid minimum wage, and given little to no hope of advancement and opportunity.

The only benefit of working with the City in any other capacity is the flexibility in the scheduling. It seems the City of Brampton banks on a majority of it's staff being students, therefore the turn over rate for part time positions is high.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay rate, lack of opportunity, lack of full time positions, knowing the right people is the heaviest variable in advancement
Working at the City of Brampton
Clerk, Business Services W&T(contract) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
In the short time I worked at the City of Brampton I had very good relationships with both colleagues and management. I learned how to work within a new software system. The hardest part of the job was ensuring quality customer care for the citizens of the City of Brampton. My job at the City of Brampton was an entry level position for which I feel I was overqualified, but I did enjoy talking to satisfied citizens.
Pros
Good life work/life balance
Cons
Longer periods of downtime
Excellent Organization
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 28, 2016
This organization presented opportunites for travel, for promotion, for training in a field that you are passionate about. there were quite a few areas where opportunities were given to me to move up within the organization.
Pros
Loved the people and my job
Enjoyable environment
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 27, 2016
Camps started at 8:45 am and ended at 4:15pm. I have learned many valuable skills including organization, team work and scheduling. Management and co-workers are enjoyable and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the long, busy wrk hours and the most enjoyable is making camp fun for all.
Pros
great salary
Cons
Great job if you love working with children.
Seasonal Inclusive Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 5, 2016
With this job, you meet a lot of new people, which include children, co-workers, and parents. You have to be very social and active.The shifts are great, and management is very understanding.
Fun workplace with a small office
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 16, 2016
I learned how to work in a team solve situations in the pool.
I learned how to communicate with children and their parents to help them achieve their swimming goals.
Pros
Kind staff, feels like a family
Cons
working the night shift.
Very fun envoiroment and very good team environment!
Volunteer with the Brampton Animal Shelter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
I was a snowboard instructor and loved it. All my co-workers were great. Lots of hours and many oppurtinities to find work. Easy to get timne off when needed!
Pros
Lots of hours!
Cons
Lots of training!
Hardworking Job with Relaxed environment and friendly staff
Temporary Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
This job requires lots of physical labour and sometimes chaotic days which involves driving from location to location in order to complete the required tasks each day. The staff is very friendly and although the work can be physically demanding it is a fairly relaxed work environment.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Intense Physical Labour
Fun
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 12, 2016
amazing job if you love children and/or have an outgoing / positive attitude!
Typical shift is anywhere from 2-5 hours
Management is very friendly and understanding
Pros
good shifts, great co workers
Cons
chlorine rashes :(
Productive and safe workplace.
Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 1, 2016
Coworkers and staff were very friendly and approachable. Kids and parents were fun to work with and overall it was a good experience in terms of teamwork, communication and customer service.
Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely
Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 13, 2016
Had a great time... Good Work culture treated very nicely... I was respected and given full freedom to do my work... I was given the opportunity to flourish in my skill set
Cons
A very busy work environment with dedicated staff, and opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Executive Assistant to the Mayor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 21, 2015
A very busy work environment, with collegial, dedicated staff working together as a team. Very customer focused environment. Employees are sometimes called upon to work long hours to meed deadlines, but compensation and benefits are excellent. The most enjoyable part of working with the city is the excellent staff.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits.
Cons
Overtime often required to meet deadlines.
Experience varies depending on location and position.
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Teaching swimming was fast paced, disorganized, and often cramped so tight it makes teaching near impossible.

Teaching Art was organised, fast paced, and quite spacious, making teaching a large class easy and pleasant.
Pros
fast paced
A day on the clock
Volunteer Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 8, 2016
Very fun, and overall an enjoyable experience with these wonderful people. I find that it was very humbling to work here. I learned how to multitask and manage more efficiently, mainly
Fun working enviroment
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
- All the team member including the shift lead are very friendly and i feel very welcomed when i go to work.

- Driving the vehicle for 12 hours

- I have learned to be patience and catious
Super fun work environment, very secure job
Dance Instructor, camp leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
The city of Brampton is an ideal workplace.
I have done numerous jobs with the city i.e dance instructor, camp councillor, coach, skills and drills, etc.
Very fun environment with a lot of benefits!!!
Pros
job security, fun
Play Hard Work harder
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 17, 2015
Overall it was an average city job. No issues with pay or any of the other workers. We worked hard to get things done and as a team. When people didn't show up for shifts we pulled up our own socks to keep jobs moving. I made it my goal to show up everyday ready to work to help out my fellow workers. It payed off in the end when we were praised for our hard work from our supervisor. The most difficult part of the job was the distance from my home. It was about a 45 min drive with no traffic. Most of the time however I was driving back and forth in those peak hours. The job had a lot of physical labour which I handled pretty well but it was difficult in the beginning. Overall this was a fantastic job and i had a great time working with them but I am looking to do something different and possibly earn a better salary doing so.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Distance to Brampton
Transit Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2015
A great job for mothers with children and especially students enrolled in post-secondary institutions. Staff and management are helpful. Only downside is irate customers but that comes with the job. Its customer service at the end of the day.
The pay is great but its only part-time. That's the only downside.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Staff
Cons
Customers can be difficult

CITY OF BRAMPTON Reviews by Location