City of Airdrie Employee Reviews

Job security is poor
Municipal Enfor (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 July 2017
The employees at the City of Airdrie are very friendly and welcoming. I left a stable permanent full time job that I loved, working in a great municipality for an opportunity with the City of Airdrie. On my 21st day of working for the City of Airdrie they decided they wanted someone else and I was let go with no explaination, the week before I had recieved postive feedback and praise on my job performance so far. I spent a fair amount in moving expenses and left my home to move to Airdrie for this position which they were aware of. During my 21 days there I was given no training by my supervisor and rarely saw them, my time was spent shadowing other employees. I would not recommend leaving a stable job if you have one to work for this corporation.
productive and enjoyable
Arena and Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 December 2016
Put on every day the necessary energy to achieve my goals .
By challenge the most difficult task that's the way to learned.
management are the best in the area and the relationship with my co-workers are excellent with in good environment and good costumer services.
Ours duties demand focus to delivery and challenge ours skills at every moment to succeed and by seem the satisfaction and happiness on costumer face, ours jobs it been pay off for the day.
Fun and Engaging Workplace
PROGRAMMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 February 2016
I worked for the City of Airdrie for 4 years with their Summer Daycamps program. I loved working this this group of people as well as the children in the programs both as a Recreation Leader and then as a Programmer Assistant. The jobs were fun, challenging, exciting, and inclusive.
Stable summer work for students
Landscape Gardener (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 August 2013
A perfect 8-4:30 job that puts you in a team work environment for the entire day, with freedom to manage your own schedule among other students like yourself.
Stressful job but learned alot about policing.
Police Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 November 2012
A typical work day included front counter reception, customer service, data entry, typing transciptions, handling mail and stationery orders, cash and cheque handling, bank deposits, filing as well as handling phone calls from the public, RCMP members, and others.
Pros
worked close to home.
Cons
negative environment.