City of Abbotsford Employee Reviews

Lifeguard and Swim Instructor
Lifeguard/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCNovember 2, 2015
Typically as an Abbotsford employee I work with children, enforce rules and keep the facility clean. There is some out-of-work requirements that are still paid for. I learn to be consistent and confident and need to be a leader, someone who people will listen too. Sometimes the work flow and jobs gets confusing and the paperwork is a mess but solutions are found rather quickly. I love working with children and asserting my control on those sticky situations.
Pros
choose your hours
Cons
being cold and wet
Great organization
Lifeguarding/Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMay 24, 2015
I enjoyed work for the City of Abbotsford. They gave me all the opportunities to grow my career and when it came time for me to move on, they supplied me with excellent references.
Good Working Environment
SAP HCM Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  AbbotsfordJanuary 9, 2015
• Providing solutions/support to all SAP HR related issues for City employees, Police, Fire, Airport and Tourism
• Responsible for applying SAP Notes and year end HR Support Packs
• Ensure that the tickets raised in the ticketing tool are resolved within the stipulated time
• Prepared functional specifications for WRICEF elements
• Configured new requirements received on aspects related to PA, OM, Time Management, Benefits and Payroll after Union settlement
• Worked extensively on SAP HR Time and Payroll Schemas
• Scripted several PCR’s for Time and Payroll after union ratified their Wage Agreement
• Involved in Unit testing, integration testing
• Responsible for conducting meetings with the business in collecting new requirements.
• Participated in work estimation and enabling the external technical consultants (Abapers) to complete the work within the stipulated time.
• Prepared project plan and provided periodical status report
• Coordinating with various stake holders (both internally and externally)
• Training the power Users & end users
Helping families become healthier and fitter
MEND Program - Theory Leader (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCNovember 20, 2014
I lead a health program called MEND that teaches children and families about nutrition, exercise and positive thinking. I teach nutritional and psychological information to families. The program is split into two components-parents and children, and I lead two different classes, a family class of children and parents together, and also a parent’s class for just adults. My job is to teach the MEND curriculum to both the children and the adults. I lecture, demonstrate, provide examples, lead group activities, lead discussions, provide discipline and provide help to the entire class including researching and answering any questions that people may have. The class size varies from 15 -25 people. I have learned that there is a lot of information that families are not aware of and that this program is a great opportunity for the families to be together and learn. I work with a great team of 3 other individuals who all bring something special to the program. The hardest part of the job is having the program end after 10 weeks, since this a government funded program that families should take advantage of and I wished it was longer. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling I get after each session takes place, seeing families make a change together is very rewarding and seeing the progression through the weeks we are together.
Fun Workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 3, 2014
In a typical day, its a fast paced work environment, with lots of different things going on. Through working at the City of Abbotsford, I learn how to be a leader, to take responsibility for others, and how to manage an aquatic operation.

Management has always supported me and they were there to answer my questions and concerns.

My co-workers have worked hard and they respected my experience and my knowledge of aquatics, lifeguard and instructing.

The hardest part of my job would be the legal responsibility, especially when I am in a leadership role.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people that work with me and some of the clientele.

fast pace work environment
Pros
co-workers
Cons
fast pace work environment
Good Place to Cut your Teeth
Management (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 25, 2014
The culture is different with confusion pushed from the top down. Good bunch of working managers and employees who always seem to get the job done.
It was good.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Town HallNovember 18, 2013
I liked it. It was hard, but fun. Food was good. Hated the pay, but it was volunteering.
Pros
free food
Cons
too much fun

City of Abbotsford Reviews by Location