Job Title: Transportation Manager
Since 2001, City Wide Movers have been 110% committed to providing our customers with top quality moving services. We provide reliable and affordable moving services to families and businesses in Ontario and Alberta as well as long distance moves across Canada.
We are one of Canada's leading moving companies.
We specialize in moving homes, apartments, condos & offices, piano and pool table moving, commercial moving and many more.
Discover the Difference You Can Make at City Wide Movers!
We are currently looking for a Transportation Manager to join our team based in Calgary, AB.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate proactively with agents and accounts to maintain and grow business
- Supervise activities connected to routing, dispatching, and tracking transportation vehicles
- Make sure drivers are licensed, trained, tested and qualified as necessary through law to drive company vehicles
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a transportation company
- Recommend or implement personnel actions, such as employee selection, evaluation, rewards, or disciplinary actions
- Negotiate and authorize contracts, and direct procurement related to transportation operational needs
- Prepare, compile, and submit reports on work activities, operations, production, or work-related accidents
- Communicates with customers in regards to operating schedules and delivery problems providing excellent customer service
- Maintain fair and equitable distribution of work
- Interview, select, coach, train, manage, and appraise the performance of transportation personnel
- Develop and implement profit improvement plans and change management plans
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Check spending to make sure those expenses is reliable with accepted budgets
- Determine and implement process improvements to positively impact efficiency and productivity
- Order all supplies and preformatted paperwork necessary for day to day functioning
- Perform any other tasks or duties assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Business related field or a combination of experience and education relating to the position. (A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a warehouse or transportation supervisory role, with a strong customer service focus
- Strong attention to detail, self-discipline and initiative
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent people management, communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong computer skills; experienced with creating, updating and producing monthly reports related to operations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze emerging issues and develop responses quickly
- Experience in conflict resolution and interviewing employees regarding accidents, complaints
- Strong business acumen, ethical standards & managerial courage
Salary: $38.00 Hourly, for 40.00 Hours per week
City Wide Movers is committed to investing in our employees through training programs and a great work environment, plus:
- Competitive Wages
- Benefit package including medical, dental and vision
- Educational assistance and excellent employee discounts
- Career growth and continuous development
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Calgary, Alberta (1 vacancy)
We interested in talking to candidates who are seeking a contract role (minimum of 1-2 year) or full-time employment.
If you have the above skills, experience and knowledge please submit your resume with a cover letter