Citi
2,134 reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A strong culture is not only important, it's crucial.
Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs (Current Employee), Gray, TNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: n/a
As we continue to advance in technologies that deliver remarkable experiences for our customers, Citi is mindful that each customer is unique, each employee is valued and every day brings new opportunities.
Productive and fun place to work
Payment Application Supervisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 23, 2014
A typical day would be solving problems on the general ledger and keeping the age time down to under 30 days.
Citi Resume
VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 22, 2014
Pros
Smart people, collaborative, good values
Cons
Can be overly conservative on dealing with issues and slow to address problems
Good Company
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Portage, MINovember 21, 2014
Good Benefits, nice co-workers, good learning experience and professional development.
Not a bad company
Account Manager/ Job Coach/ Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: scheduling
Cons: location
I worked in the collections dept at the time of my employment. I spent a typical day helping customers resolve their delinquent account status by using various payment methods. Management was good at first. Most of the immediate supervisors were great. Unfortunately some of the upper management was placed in depts. that were outside of their expertise – more... at the time, which caused quite a few issues on the call floor. Co-workers were good to be around. there wasn't much difficult about the job, except for being on the phones for 8 hours. But, that's to be expected for a call center. The job itself was fairly simple, and it was quite enjoyable to help customers find a way to bring things current – less
A temp agency that will place you very quickly within a job.
Temp Agent (Former Employee), Irwindale CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: hires on spot
Cons: not very organized and hard to contact in case of emergency
I was assigned to Ready Pac as a temp agent. A standard day had me working from 4:30 pm to approximately 3 am give or take loading pallets for shipping. I learned to deal with a harsh work environment as it was very cold, and still be focused and productive. My co-workers were mostly Hispanic which posed no problem with myself, but there is occasional – more... racial tension. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with my co-workers and knowing that I played a major part in my team achieving it's goals each night. – less
Unorganized
Bankruptcy Specialist 3 (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: relaxed
Cons: expensive health care benefits
Learn how to oversee the bankruptcy process. Learned the breach letter default process.
Loved This Place
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 17, 2014
I love the coworkers, the clients and the third party companies that worked for us.

The only negative thing I can say is that the job stability is horrible. You can be the top processor 9 out of 12 months and get let go like you were at the bottom all the time. To be rewarded as a top processor and then let go can really hurt your ego when you are – more... use to be on top.

I know I am good at what I do and enjoy what I do. How many people can actually say they love going to work everyday with a smile on their face. – less
Great Work Life Balance
Vice President - Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee), New YorkNovember 17, 2014
Citi gives its employees the opportunity to work from home. Also have the opportunity for advancement and many training programs.
Citi: Best copany to Work
Real Estate and Lease Management (REALM) (Current Employee), TampaNovember 16, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
best company to work with. Great work culture. best company to work with. Great work culture.best company to work with. Great work culture.best company to work with. Great work culture.
Knowledge
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXNovember 15, 2014
Learning about the mortgage industry has been very rewarding.
An Excellent Place to Work
Assistant Officer, Global Legal Support (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2014
Citigroup was an excellent place to work. I learned a great deal about legal operations. The management team provided a culture where employees were treated fairly and their ideas and contributions were valued and well rewarded. The only reason I left this position was to relocate back from Tampa, Florida to New York City.
One of the worst managed banks to work for.
Business Banker (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits are decent
Cons: the entire work experience
Forget reading the job description, it has no bearing on what your daily activities will be. Prepare to be micro-managed and threatened with being fired on a continual basis. The sales process involves working the branch book of business, which has been wrung dry and has not much left in it, then compete with the branch for sales.
Local management operates – more... out of fear and panic of losing their jobs and transfers those fears to the retail team. Then the bank has the audacity to speak about meritocracy yet the good people leave and the poor performers get transferred to other locations.
Glad I'm gone. – less
Good
Sr. AIx/Linux/UNIX Administrator (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 13, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Assistant to the CRO, Executive Floor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Citi was a wonderful and challenging environment. Great career opportunities and talent galore.
Citi
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJNovember 12, 2014
With my extensive support background, I was well suited for this position and enjoyed working with my team and clients. Sadly, the position is being offshored.
Good Company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Positive, fast paced enviroment that is a good place to work.
Global work experience
Role as Product Manager / Data Architect (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 11, 2014
Good company to work for to get financial industry experience and a global work environment
Poor Management
Loss Mitigation Lead (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MONovember 11, 2014
Too many chief's and no one really know what the other is doing.
They were bought out by One Main Financial
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2014
Poor corporate culture. Employees are treated as number; one in a hundred thousand .There is no freedom for individual thought or creative ideas. This may explain why they became insolvent and sold their company.