Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Pros
benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time.
Pros
great company, great philosophy
Cons
long, long working hours
Great Company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 24, 2013
Great Company to work for...incentives, bonus, educational programs, decent working hours, benefits, flex hours, advancement, internal promotions, etc.
Warm and friendly environment
Senior Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2013
very productive and supportive environtment - You learn alot about the financial industry.
Customer service
Bilingual Commercial Collector, Citi Cards Canada (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 9, 2013
The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in with the staff. They all had their little clicks and it took quite a while to fit in.
Pros
loved the product
Cons
people their donot like new on-boarding
Fun place to work
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 29, 2013
It was a fun place to work. Team work was involved. I learned many types of communication skills. Co-workers were friendly.
Challenging and proactive environment
Corporate Recruiter - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2013
I enjoyed my contract with Citi and would definitely return for the right role.
Great organization
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 10, 2013
Citi is offering extremely an exciting but challenging work environment where I learned a lot and contributed a lot during my long years with Citi
Amazing Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 29, 2013
I worked in the home depot credit services department and it was a good job answered account inquiries, updated account information and was as reviewed and declined credit applications and credit limit increases. Great paying job. Great Benefits. Great atmosphere.
Pros
great salary, benefits and work environment
Cons
shift bids
best experience
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  PakistanJuly 24, 2013
Best work experience ever. Citibank made it possible for me to flourish in banking industry
career advancement limited
Bilingual Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  torontoJuly 15, 2013
Pros – Employees have good benefits from the benefits provider

Cons: Excessive work with little support-
bonusses applicable only if you are in middle-senior management,
poor recognition of efforts
benefits
Cons
career advancement
FUN WORKLACE
Trust accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2013
GOOD EMPLOYMENT,GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD TIME,WORK EXPERIENCES
Pros
good pay
Cons
temp
Productive and easy place to work
Branch Account Executive - 1 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2013
I m good in this branch but it was too far from home. nothing much to tell
Pros
free coffee and no free lunch
Cons
ot paid but no saturday sunday working allowed
Citi was a great and rewarding company to work for.
Client Account Manager Commercial Cards, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of leading with clients either to address their concerns and or consult them on commercial cards’ programs’ best practices.
that is memorable company for me.
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  C19June 20, 2013
This company provide the good platform for every who would like to build his banking career.
Great organization to work for!
Client Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2013
Home office based role requiring site visits to partner facilities to augment their internal credit programs.
Pros
flexibility to manage my business
Cons
extensive travel requirements
I am an Inbound Representative, so challenging because you do not know what to expect on the call.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, DowntownMay 24, 2013
Challenging every hour, every day on the phone. It is fun to talk people. Needs to be on your toes most of the time.
Very productive environment and pool table & Foosball game
Telecommunication Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2013
Each day I began with all systems checks, Citi audit department requires specific reports run and signed to verify all systems working properly. Citi Audit policy was critical because we work in a financial institution and all programming changes had to be accompanied with approved evidence each day. It was a constantly changing environment, we did approx. 100 move, add, and changes per week. I attended all meetings that required a telecom presence in order to advise the clients the best and most economical way to achieve the client’s requests.

I managed the Telecom ticket and request queues, making sure the work gets delegated to my team and completed within the service level agreement.
As the lead Sr. Telecom Analyst I was also responsible to submit vendor quotes or bills in the P2P Procurement System for approvals to issue PO's for the vendors. Any major issues with the equipment or the carriers, I was responsible to open the tickets and make sure management was updated regularly on the progress. Once the issue was resolved I submitted a final report to management with all the details including suggestions to ensure this issue could be avoided in future if possible.

I created all disaster recovery plans to route the call center calls and staffs extensions to the disaster recovery site. This was tested annually to make sure our carriers have the latest updates to all the routing plans.

I loved working at Citi and enjoyed interacting with the staff. This was important because management allowed us mange all our work and only those who didn’t need constant supervision survived,
  more... I would highly recommend Citi to anyone wanting to apply, and they’re a good a fair company to their employees  less
Pros
training, the people, great working enviroment.
Cons
outsourcing
A typical finance company
Global Grid/Cloud Technical Analyst/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2013
as a technical analyst of Citi Global Grid Computing Center, the day-to-day work is ok to handle and can't complain much.

Due to the complex securities and compliance of Citi, productivity is heavily curbed and innovation isn't fully encourage in the working environment.

Colleagues here are not bad and nice , however the obvious bureaucracy sometimes drag down the morale .
1% inspiration and 99%perspiration.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work when all odd has been overcome facing a particular project.

To be hard working and attainning a high level deliverables.

Management efficient and very reliable regards team work.

My co-worker blessed in communication and productive.

The hardest part of my job here was having the right choice of the stakeholds and the business end users.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having my job done.
Pros
productive
Cons
waste