Citi Employee Reviews

Nice management
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2015
Prepare financial reports and profit allocation statements, including the calculation of “net asset value”
To perform different kind of fees calculations such as Management fees and Performance fees as outlined in the Prospectus.
Perform Cash reconciliations, position reconciliations, compliance check.
Ensuring all trades, dividends are inputted accurately and in a timely manner to the appropriate client portfolios on a daily basis.
Process various types of general ledger entries for payments and transactions.
conducive for learning about investments
Operations Representative - Taxation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2015
It is an international institution where we can learn a lot about backroom administration of investments from opening, maintenance, accounting, taxation up to the closing; and even extended up to the administration of estates.
Credit Card Division Sold
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2015
The credit card division I worked for no longer exists in Canada. I'm not sure of the fate of the commercial credit card line of business in this country.
Fun and exciting
Merchant Audit Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2015
Citi Financial was a very big working environment, with great people working, unfortunately I was on a contract base. Staff was amazing.
Good benefits with poor management
GRID DEVOPS SR. TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
It's a tradeoff between the benefits provided with management. Lacks transparency and a big thumbs down for the management style.
Excellent
Vice-President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 July 2015
It is a great place to work with professional and friendly staff who all have the same goal.
Great management team.Excellent opportunities for advancement and great training and development program.
Pros
training
Cons
Challenging and good learning experience
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississuaga16 July 2015
Technically challenging environment and had a very good scope for learning.Had exposure to gain domain knowledge. Great and supportive team.
Not a place for tech geeks, boring
Apps Developer Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Canada18 June 2015
I would not recommend this company to any developer who is looking forward to build a tech career.
At least in the department where I was working (big chunk of the overall IT staff) there were neither really challenging projects nor smart designers/managers.
Pros
Fair salary, Positive relationships with partners from business departments, Overall stability of the organization
Cons
Low technical level of projects, Medium at best level of devs and the majority of team leads which I've contacted with (not 100%), Not fair bonus system
Supportive Seniors and Good Work/Life balance.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 June 2015
Citi is a Nice place to work. Provides good Work/Life balance and Seniors and supportive. Good timing schedules as well.
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga4 June 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon

Want to know more about Citi?

Ask a question
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2015
There were many different tasks that i would require to perform on a daily basis from developing UAT script and also completed development of telephone mapping charts.

Management were extremely helpful if I came across an issues with my daily tasks.
Woking at Citibank
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga19 March 2015
Well organized company to work for. Management maintains good service to their clients. Supportive staff members and safe and clean work environment.
Productive and fun
Financial Reporting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario11 March 2015
Learned a lot, great team, good management culture. Fun place to work at.
Worked on compliance reports, monthly and quarterly funds.
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.
Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2015
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Pros
Excellent Training Program
Cons
Revenue under lot of pressure due to other Citi global franchise not making enough revenue
no comment
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2015
Nice bank but issues are not as should be for all the workers. It is not good to discuss issues here. It is good to be a worker for this company.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Not Organized
good place to learn about products
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  bahrain2 February 2015
meet new peoples in market and explain about products and selling .
learned working under pressure,always competition between colleagues.daily starting our day with work is enjoyable time
Pros
good team leader
Cons
less salary
Educational
Loan Officer/Branch Executive/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 December 2014
CitiFinancial is a fantastic place to work but the pay is very low. The training was incrediable and a very fun work environment. I am a single mom and I could not afford to stay working for CitiFinancial which makes me disappointed because the staff and training was amazing.
Pros
great training & learning, 9-7 hours a day, very fast pace, amazing staff.
Cons
low wages, 6mnths till you receive benefits that are expensive, breaks and lunches are hard to take and are frowned upon.
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
productive
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 November 2014
A typical day at Global Credit and Collection Corp. was, starting 8am till our breaks we'd have to be really focused with our calls.
What Global has taught me was great communication skills and how to handle people who did not want to pay their bills.
As for the management, the managers were very kind, but the supervisors were not so lenient. Co-workers were absolutely amazing, very friends and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was to sit in one spot the entire day and just make phone calls.
Pros
there wasn't any pros
Cons
Had to be on calls all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.