Citi Employee Reviews

great opportunity to learn
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tornonto, CanadaFebruary 7, 2014
good friendly and learning environment, tight schedules helped me to learn time management
Pros
helpful team members
Cons
unexpected timings
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
Growth, products and customers and colleagues
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Great company. Always had room to grow and learning new products. Was challenging everyday. I enjoyed servicing all different clients with their various needs and situations. Amazing team work helped with meeting month end goals and receiving great rewards in the end.
Good company to work for.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Even though Citi was cutting jobs and services in Canada they made every effort to communicate upcoming changes to affected employees and help them prepare for the change.
Professional, productive, busy and a home away from home
Administration/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2013
Over all it was a pleasure working for Citi, great opportunities and my work experiences was greatly expanded with knowledge.
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCNovember 1, 2013
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
high stress, competative environment
N/A
Branch Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2013
learned a lot from sales and customer service
growing a business and retaining customer
new business
Reporting
day to day business
Fast paced
Client Coordinator/Accounts Resolutions (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 23, 2013
being in a team environment assisting customers and providing the best solutions.
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Pros
benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time.
Pros
great company, great philosophy
Cons
long, long working hours
Great Company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 24, 2013
Great Company to work for...incentives, bonus, educational programs, decent working hours, benefits, flex hours, advancement, internal promotions, etc.
Warm and friendly environment
Senior Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2013
very productive and supportive environtment - You learn alot about the financial industry.
Customer service
Bilingual Commercial Collector, Citi Cards Canada (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 9, 2013
The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in with the staff. They all had their little clicks and it took quite a while to fit in.
Pros
loved the product
Cons
people their donot like new on-boarding
Fun place to work
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 29, 2013
It was a fun place to work. Team work was involved. I learned many types of communication skills. Co-workers were friendly.
Challenging and proactive environment
Corporate Recruiter - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2013
I enjoyed my contract with Citi and would definitely return for the right role.
Great organization
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  KuwaitAugust 10, 2013
Citi is offering extremely an exciting but challenging work environment where I learned a lot and contributed a lot during my long years with Citi
Amazing Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 29, 2013
I worked in the home depot credit services department and it was a good job answered account inquiries, updated account information and was as reviewed and declined credit applications and credit limit increases. Great paying job. Great Benefits. Great atmosphere.
Pros
great salary, benefits and work environment
Cons
shift bids
best experience
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  PakistanJuly 24, 2013
Best work experience ever. Citibank made it possible for me to flourish in banking industry
career advancement limited
Bilingual Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  torontoJuly 15, 2013
Pros – Employees have good benefits from the benefits provider

Cons: Excessive work with little support-
bonusses applicable only if you are in middle-senior management,
poor recognition of efforts
benefits
Cons
career advancement
FUN WORKLACE
Trust accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2013
GOOD EMPLOYMENT,GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD TIME,WORK EXPERIENCES
Pros
good pay
Cons
temp