Citi Employee Reviews

Fast learner and focussed
Ability to multi-task
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 August 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations.
Balanced workplace with gym facility
Transfer Agency Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2014
Citi Financials is a prestigious organization with professional management.
Pros
Gym Facility
Cons
Evening Shifts
customer focused style of work, with various documentations.
Financial Service Representative (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2014
Disbursed funds for cash cheques, validate and verify clients personal and financial information, booked appointments with clients over phone calls on a day to day basis.
Accountability and correct information is the key to financial sectors. After this intern-ship I have become more responsible towards the tasks that has been assigned and a habit of double checking has been developed.
Co workers have been really helpful and they have guided me well through the entire course of the intern-ship.
Hardest part of the job was employing security measures so that the funds are not being compromised. Any loss of funds, I was to be held responsible in that case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the cheques cashed as it was the easiest amongst all. Working Financial institutions can never be enjoyable for me.
Pros
motivating staff
Cons
work over the weekends.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2014
Citigroup is a great place to work, and is good for anyone looking to enter into the financial services environment.
Financial Insititution
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington15 July 2014
Has to work on weekend

Aggressive co-worker

Good at training
Large company and many opportunities
Branch Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2014
Interesting to be part of a large company like this one.

Good organizational culture and supportive company for growth and development.
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 July 2014
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours.
Pros
benefits, compensation, hours
Cons
soliciting
Stressful work environment.
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton9 July 2014
Responsible for office cash intake. Organized and filed confidential documents. Prepared account statements, loan files, receipts, and bank deposits. Met with clients to discuss potential future business. Sold home, auto, and personal contents insurance while exceeding monthly targets regularly. Answered telephone in a professional manner, and assisted customers with inquires, relayed messages, and scheduled appointments. Reviewed credit bureau and offered effective financial advice. Approved clients for personal, consolidation, equity loans, and second mortgages.
Pros
Meeting new people and networking
Cons
Long hours, high stress.
Helping people to get what they want or need.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta17 June 2014
I would see many people to discuss their financial situation and go over what they need or want to make their life better.
The hardest part of the job was to tell someone who really needs a consolidation loan they are not approved due to their debt service ratio.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing that you will be able to help someone whether it be a customer or employee to improve in some way.
Pros
Helping people
Productive and Well Structured
Financial, Legal & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 June 2014
Fast paced and very productive.
Tight deadlines need to be met within a timely matter
multitasking is a must
Challenging, fast-paced environment with many advancement and incentive opportunities.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 May 2014
A typical day is never typical!

Many aspects of this business is target driven, but with customer focus in mind first. We provide various types of lending, including merchant financing plans, while managing past due accounts, expediting insurance claims, general administration, and upholding the highest level of compliance.

It's very rewarding to assist people in need whether it be short-term fix, or long-term solution. We create solutions when clients encounter financial hardship and work with them step-by-step.

Lateral movement and advancement is encouraged. There are many roles to fill and supportive colleagues to assist in the journey.

I've met lifelong friends from across the country thanks to the company sending me for training and kick-off meetings to places such as Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Chicago, and Houston.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn, included adapted Harvard courses. The incentive and benefit plans are excellent.
Cons
It's fast-paced and target driven which isn't for everyone. Due to smaller branch sizes, it can be difficult to remain anonymous should you have concerns about a colleague.
Credit applications
Bilingual Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 May 2014
Credit card applications for their client

Home improvement loan applications were also conducted.

Very large yet very fair and stable company.
Productive atmosphere with great training program
Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario21 May 2014
A typical day

• Development and train new and present employees
• Generate new mortgage and personal loan clients
• Maintain existing clients accounts
• Foreclosures and Loss mitigation
• Real Estate and Personal loan underwriting
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Limited room for advancement
good
Telemarketer/Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines14 May 2014
selling citibank credit card thru phone
i learned how to communicate and sell thru phone
its a good company
and good co-workers
hardest part of the job is its a commission basis job, you have to sell and convince a customer to get and avail credit card before you get your commission or salary, but i enjoyed working there because of my co-workers that i became friends with
Pros
good working environment
Cons
commission basis job
Fast-paced, covers all aspects of lending
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 May 2014
Citi's consumer finance wing dealing with sub-prime lending. At the time the model was aggressive growth, but I believe that slowed down after the financial crisis. Dealt with everything from business development, credit analysis, and managing delinquency.
Fast pace Enviroment, Organization skills, Work independently,Team work, Meet deadlines, Diverse workplace, monthly birthday celebration
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2014
A day would begin with planning and organization as every step requires a timeline, no room for errors as this will result in delay of payment to the clients. Your busy from 8:00am-2:30pm, non stop. You must have the ability to multitask with shifting priorities and to work independently.

Co-workers were great, very friendly and always willing to help. My working environment was very multicultural you learned a lot. On special dates (15-31 of the month) payments are greater in volume, so the team comes together to get the job done. All deliverable and timelines are met.

I guess the hardest part of the job was when someone calls in sick, the workload becomes heavy along with shifting priorities.

What I enjoyed was the morning huddle, we would spend 10-15mins to discuss previous day work and current day... very informative. And of course the monthly birthday celebration, every team would come up with a theme for the next celebration...sometimes it became competitive but fun.
Pros
Management would provide breakfast every quarter to staff (Appreciation)
Cons
Had to do more with less people
Fun Workplace
Senior Hedge Fund Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga27 April 2014
-Fantastic atmosphere
-Learned various financial and management skills such as bank reconciliation.
Was an ok company to work for
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC24 April 2014
I have grown a lot at Citi. Loved the client care aspect of the job and my co workers.
Hardest part about Citi was the cold calls we made to solicit funds and the goals set out to reach each month.
The part I enjoyed the most was when you could help a client re establish there credit and make there life easier financially.
Pros
very flexible with home vs work schedule
Cons
the demands set upon us as employees
Good
Sr. Java Developer & Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2014
Citi has wonderful infrastructure and facilities.
There is no hierarchy maintained and good work is well appreciated.

Good place to work with and learn.
I learnt many things in terms of technology like weblogic installation, configuration etc, business and how to present our self in a multi- cultural environment etc.

I have worked in Citi as a contractor of Polaris Canada.