Citi Employee Reviews

Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2015
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Pros
Excellent Training Program
Cons
Revenue under lot of pressure due to other Citi global franchise not making enough revenue
no comment
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2015
Nice bank but issues are not as should be for all the workers. It is not good to discuss issues here. It is good to be a worker for this company.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Not Organized
good place to learn about products
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  bahrain2 February 2015
meet new peoples in market and explain about products and selling .
learned working under pressure,always competition between colleagues.daily starting our day with work is enjoyable time
Pros
good team leader
Cons
less salary
Educational
Loan Officer/Branch Executive/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 December 2014
CitiFinancial is a fantastic place to work but the pay is very low. The training was incrediable and a very fun work environment. I am a single mom and I could not afford to stay working for CitiFinancial which makes me disappointed because the staff and training was amazing.
Pros
great training & learning, 9-7 hours a day, very fast pace, amazing staff.
Cons
low wages, 6mnths till you receive benefits that are expensive, breaks and lunches are hard to take and are frowned upon.
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
productive
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 November 2014
A typical day at Global Credit and Collection Corp. was, starting 8am till our breaks we'd have to be really focused with our calls.
What Global has taught me was great communication skills and how to handle people who did not want to pay their bills.
As for the management, the managers were very kind, but the supervisors were not so lenient. Co-workers were absolutely amazing, very friends and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was to sit in one spot the entire day and just make phone calls.
Pros
there wasn't any pros
Cons
Had to be on calls all the time
Good working place
Intermediate Operations/Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Toronto10 November 2014
My career with CITI is a primary link for communication between representatives and the company. Working with people from diverse background and nationalities require high level of professionalism and confidentiality; I am able to exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy.

My ability to work courteously and effectively with people, set priorities and meet deadlines has equipped me with the skills necessary to make a significant contribution and thrive in a fast paced environment.
very good work place to work
Associate - Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2014
management and co workers r very supportive,very good team work
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON6 November 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Manage IT projects
Technical Specialist (Vice President) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON26 October 2014
Starts of with support issues.
The days are very hectric and almost unmanageable in a day. Work most weekends
Pros
new technologies
Cons
too hectic
Productive fun workplace with potential for great monthly bonus.
Senior Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Yorkton, SK11 October 2014
Main part of the job is selling personal loans and mortgages. Soliciting new and present customers to generate business. Challenging part is you have to make collection calls on past due accounts daily.
Not Worth It...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario5 October 2014
Training was great, however the management is awful...you are a number there...high turnover...supervisors are moved around when they do something wrong or their numbers don't show...
Pros
Some of the people were nice and caring...
Cons
Back stabbing and blame game
Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Downtown Montreal, QC29 September 2014
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus.
Pros
making new friends and learning something new
Cons
Long hours and location
worked short period, overall it was nice
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 September 2014
It was typical call center work.
Excellent training that gave newcomers good grasp of operations.
Very pleasant management.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
relatively low pay
generally speaking it is a good company
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2014
every step is routine. you may feel boring after one year. but you will find the balance of life in this type of company
Fun place
BILINGUAL COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  mississauga8 September 2014
I've gained a lot of experience working with citi financial. The workplace was friendly adn welcoming, although there was alot work to do, I still manage to have a great time working there.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
the hours
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2014
Team worker,
Fast learner and focussed
Ability to multi-task
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 August 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations.
Balanced workplace with gym facility
Transfer Agency Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2014
Citi Financials is a prestigious organization with professional management.
Pros
Gym Facility
Cons
Evening Shifts
customer focused style of work, with various documentations.
Financial Service Representative (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2014
Disbursed funds for cash cheques, validate and verify clients personal and financial information, booked appointments with clients over phone calls on a day to day basis.
Accountability and correct information is the key to financial sectors. After this intern-ship I have become more responsible towards the tasks that has been assigned and a habit of double checking has been developed.
Co workers have been really helpful and they have guided me well through the entire course of the intern-ship.
Hardest part of the job was employing security measures so that the funds are not being compromised. Any loss of funds, I was to be held responsible in that case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the cheques cashed as it was the easiest amongst all. Working Financial institutions can never be enjoyable for me.
Pros
motivating staff
Cons
work over the weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.