Citi Employee Reviews

Challenging, fast-paced environment with many advancement and incentive opportunities.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 May 2014
A typical day is never typical!

Many aspects of this business is target driven, but with customer focus in mind first. We provide various types of lending, including merchant financing plans, while managing past due accounts, expediting insurance claims, general administration, and upholding the highest level of compliance.

It's very rewarding to assist people in need whether it be short-term fix, or long-term solution. We create solutions when clients encounter financial hardship and work with them step-by-step.

Lateral movement and advancement is encouraged. There are many roles to fill and supportive colleagues to assist in the journey.

I've met lifelong friends from across the country thanks to the company sending me for training and kick-off meetings to places such as Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Chicago, and Houston.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn, included adapted Harvard courses. The incentive and benefit plans are excellent.
Cons
It's fast-paced and target driven which isn't for everyone. Due to smaller branch sizes, it can be difficult to remain anonymous should you have concerns about a colleague.
Busy Call centre
OPS Support Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario24 November 2012
Productive and happy place to work with several different tasks to keep me busy.
Learned to be punctual, friendly and supportive of others' needs and how to prioritize workload.
Supportive and approachable Management Team.
Friendly peers to work with.
Keeping up with workload in busy times.
Knowing I achieved my goals and completed tasks on time
Pros
summer barbeques and regular competitions
Cons
not being given more responsibilities
good
Telemarketer/Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines14 May 2014
selling citibank credit card thru phone
i learned how to communicate and sell thru phone
its a good company
and good co-workers
hardest part of the job is its a commission basis job, you have to sell and convince a customer to get and avail credit card before you get your commission or salary, but i enjoyed working there because of my co-workers that i became friends with
Pros
good working environment
Cons
commission basis job
Large company and many opportunities
Branch Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2014
Interesting to be part of a large company like this one.

Good organizational culture and supportive company for growth and development.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2013
Working at Citi it's a challenge every day as being part of multiple and diversified projects. The team I work with it's a great team with devoted peoples willing to help and act in the company best interest. The Management Team gives all support it's needed in order to perform your job or explore your suggestions for improvement.
Pros
team building activities
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2015
There were many different tasks that i would require to perform on a daily basis from developing UAT script and also completed development of telephone mapping charts.

Management were extremely helpful if I came across an issues with my daily tasks.
Productive atmosphere with great training program
Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario21 May 2014
A typical day

• Development and train new and present employees
• Generate new mortgage and personal loan clients
• Maintain existing clients accounts
• Foreclosures and Loss mitigation
• Real Estate and Personal loan underwriting
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Amazing Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 July 2013
I worked in the home depot credit services department and it was a good job answered account inquiries, updated account information and was as reviewed and declined credit applications and credit limit increases. Great paying job. Great Benefits. Great atmosphere.
Pros
Great Salary, Benefits and Work Environment
Cons
Shift Bids
Good company to work with but company is going through major restructure
Senior Solution Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2015
Processing on daily basic. Nice people to work with.The most enjoyable part was research and investigate to give correct solution.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Good break
good place to learn about products
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  bahrain2 February 2015
meet new peoples in market and explain about products and selling .
learned working under pressure,always competition between colleagues.daily starting our day with work is enjoyable time
Pros
good team leader
Cons
less salary
Supportive Seniors and Good Work/Life balance.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 June 2015
Citi is a Nice place to work. Provides good Work/Life balance and Seniors and supportive. Good timing schedules as well.
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, Mississauga4 February 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
Very productive work place
Inbound/Outbound Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario23 January 2013
worked withing a call center environment It was my fist experience, training was provided, team environment, corporation within the group and the management staff, all assisted to make sure that the work was completed and meet the company guidelines.
Very organized and always recognized your hard work
Collector II, MasterCard Collections (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2014
They promoted an excellent opportunity to learn and at the same time management helps by given incentives to make us more productive, creating a good job environment.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
customer focused style of work, with various documentations.
Financial Service Representative (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2014
Disbursed funds for cash cheques, validate and verify clients personal and financial information, booked appointments with clients over phone calls on a day to day basis.
Accountability and correct information is the key to financial sectors. After this intern-ship I have become more responsible towards the tasks that has been assigned and a habit of double checking has been developed.
Co workers have been really helpful and they have guided me well through the entire course of the intern-ship.
Hardest part of the job was employing security measures so that the funds are not being compromised. Any loss of funds, I was to be held responsible in that case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the cheques cashed as it was the easiest amongst all. Working Financial institutions can never be enjoyable for me.
Pros
motivating staff
Cons
work over the weekends.
Not Worth It...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario5 October 2014
Training was great, however the management is awful...you are a number there...high turnover...supervisors are moved around when they do something wrong or their numbers don't show...
Pros
Some of the people were nice and caring...
Cons
Back stabbing and blame game
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
Woking at Citibank
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga19 March 2015
Well organized company to work for. Management maintains good service to their clients. Supportive staff members and safe and clean work environment.
conducive for learning about investments
Operations Representative - Taxation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2015
It is an international institution where we can learn a lot about backroom administration of investments from opening, maintenance, accounting, taxation up to the closing; and even extended up to the administration of estates.
Fast pace environment with quick turn around not for everyone
Senior Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2012
- Trade processing, client meetings, investor inquiries
- Using spreadsheets a lot
- Learning the job quickly
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
long hours, working on stat holidays