Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

very good work place to work
Associate - Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
management and co workers r very supportive,very good team work
customer focused style of work, with various documentations.
Financial Service Representative (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 19, 2014
Disbursed funds for cash cheques, validate and verify clients personal and financial information, booked appointments with clients over phone calls on a day to day basis.
Accountability and correct information is the key to financial sectors. After this intern-ship I have become more responsible towards the tasks that has been assigned and a habit of double checking has been developed.
Co workers have been really helpful and they have guided me well through the entire course of the intern-ship.
Hardest part of the job was employing security measures so that the funds are not being compromised. Any loss of funds, I was to be held responsible in that case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the cheques cashed as it was the easiest amongst all. Working Financial institutions can never be enjoyable for me.
Pros
motivating staff
Cons
work over the weekends.
worked short period, overall it was nice
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 11, 2014
It was typical call center work.
Excellent training that gave newcomers good grasp of operations.
Very pleasant management.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
relatively low pay
Amazing Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 29, 2013
I worked in the home depot credit services department and it was a good job answered account inquiries, updated account information and was as reviewed and declined credit applications and credit limit increases. Great paying job. Great Benefits. Great atmosphere.
Pros
great salary, benefits and work environment
Cons
shift bids
Balanced workplace with gym facility
Transfer Agency Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 9, 2014
Citi Financials is a prestigious organization with professional management.
Pros
gym facility
Cons
evening shifts
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
Very organized and always recognized your hard work
Collector II, MasterCard Collections (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
They promoted an excellent opportunity to learn and at the same time management helps by given incentives to make us more productive, creating a good job environment.
Pros
incentives
Cons
location
Very productive work place
Inbound/Outbound Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
worked withing a call center environment It was my fist experience, training was provided, team environment, corporation within the group and the management staff, all assisted to make sure that the work was completed and meet the company guidelines.
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
no comment
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Nice bank but issues are not as should be for all the workers. It is not good to discuss issues here. It is good to be a worker for this company.
Pros
lunches
Cons
not organized
Fast pace environment with quick turn around not for everyone
Senior Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2012
- Trade processing, client meetings, investor inquiries
- Using spreadsheets a lot
- Learning the job quickly
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
long hours, working on stat holidays
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 1, 2012
I enjoyed working at Citifinancial the first few years that I was there. The business however got a little tougher to enjoy when the economy went down.
Pros
great benefits, and bonuses
Cons
bonuses were not always obtainable
great opportunity to learn
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tornonto, CanadaFebruary 7, 2014
good friendly and learning environment, tight schedules helped me to learn time management
Pros
helpful team members
Cons
unexpected timings
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time.
Pros
great company, great philosophy
Cons
long, long working hours
customer service and sales culture
Manager trainee (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 23, 2014
work from 8:30 to 5;00
process loan and mortgage application
offer products and services
cross selling
Pros
management training + bonus
Cons
closing branches
Not a stable position
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2013
Very busy. Not enough time to do an excellent job. Timed on everything done regardless of the work involved.
Pros
good pay
Cons
micromanagement
Fun Workplace
Senior Hedge Fund Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  MississaugaApril 27, 2014
-Fantastic atmosphere
-Learned various financial and management skills such as bank reconciliation.
that is memorable company for me.
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  C19June 20, 2013
This company provide the good platform for every who would like to build his banking career.
Fun workplace
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2014
Fun environment, lots of work to be done on a daily basis. Not much room for promotion, good bonus and incentives.
Productive and fun work place
Personal Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  IDOWU TAYLOR VI LAGOSAugust 9, 2012
Calander and people management.

Lovely colleagues

Thinking for my boss was a had nut
Pros
free lunch
Cons
on the spot decision