Citi Employee Reviews

Fast pace Enviroment, Organization skills, Work independently,Team work, Meet deadlines, Diverse workplace, monthly birthday celebration
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2014
A day would begin with planning and organization as every step requires a timeline, no room for errors as this will result in delay of payment to the clients. Your busy from 8:00am-2:30pm, non stop. You must have the ability to multitask with shifting priorities and to work independently.

Co-workers were great, very friendly and always willing to help. My working environment was very multicultural you learned a lot. On special dates (15-31 of the month) payments are greater in volume, so the team comes together to get the job done. All deliverable and timelines are met.

I guess the hardest part of the job was when someone calls in sick, the workload becomes heavy along with shifting priorities.

What I enjoyed was the morning huddle, we would spend 10-15mins to discuss previous day work and current day... very informative. And of course the monthly birthday celebration, every team would come up with a theme for the next celebration...sometimes it became competitive but fun.
Pros
Management would provide breakfast every quarter to staff (Appreciation)
Cons
Had to do more with less people
productive
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 November 2014
A typical day at Global Credit and Collection Corp. was, starting 8am till our breaks we'd have to be really focused with our calls.
What Global has taught me was great communication skills and how to handle people who did not want to pay their bills.
As for the management, the managers were very kind, but the supervisors were not so lenient. Co-workers were absolutely amazing, very friends and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was to sit in one spot the entire day and just make phone calls.
Pros
there wasn't any pros
Cons
Had to be on calls all the time
conducive for learning about investments
Operations Representative - Taxation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2015
It is an international institution where we can learn a lot about backroom administration of investments from opening, maintenance, accounting, taxation up to the closing; and even extended up to the administration of estates.
Challenging, fast-paced environment with many advancement and incentive opportunities.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 May 2014
A typical day is never typical!

Many aspects of this business is target driven, but with customer focus in mind first. We provide various types of lending, including merchant financing plans, while managing past due accounts, expediting insurance claims, general administration, and upholding the highest level of compliance.

It's very rewarding to assist people in need whether it be short-term fix, or long-term solution. We create solutions when clients encounter financial hardship and work with them step-by-step.

Lateral movement and advancement is encouraged. There are many roles to fill and supportive colleagues to assist in the journey.

I've met lifelong friends from across the country thanks to the company sending me for training and kick-off meetings to places such as Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Chicago, and Houston.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn, included adapted Harvard courses. The incentive and benefit plans are excellent.
Cons
It's fast-paced and target driven which isn't for everyone. Due to smaller branch sizes, it can be difficult to remain anonymous should you have concerns about a colleague.
1% inspiration and 99%perspiration.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga2 April 2013
A typical day at work when all odd has been overcome facing a particular project.

To be hard working and attainning a high level deliverables.

Management efficient and very reliable regards team work.

My co-worker blessed in communication and productive.

The hardest part of my job here was having the right choice of the stakeholds and the business end users.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having my job done.
Pros
productive
Cons
waste
customer focused style of work, with various documentations.
Financial Service Representative (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2014
Disbursed funds for cash cheques, validate and verify clients personal and financial information, booked appointments with clients over phone calls on a day to day basis.
Accountability and correct information is the key to financial sectors. After this intern-ship I have become more responsible towards the tasks that has been assigned and a habit of double checking has been developed.
Co workers have been really helpful and they have guided me well through the entire course of the intern-ship.
Hardest part of the job was employing security measures so that the funds are not being compromised. Any loss of funds, I was to be held responsible in that case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the cheques cashed as it was the easiest amongst all. Working Financial institutions can never be enjoyable for me.
Pros
motivating staff
Cons
work over the weekends.
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, Mississauga4 February 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
Busy Call centre
OPS Support Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario24 November 2012
Productive and happy place to work with several different tasks to keep me busy.
Learned to be punctual, friendly and supportive of others' needs and how to prioritize workload.
Supportive and approachable Management Team.
Friendly peers to work with.
Keeping up with workload in busy times.
Knowing I achieved my goals and completed tasks on time
Pros
summer barbeques and regular competitions
Cons
not being given more responsibilities
Supportive Seniors and Good Work/Life balance.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 June 2015
Citi is a Nice place to work. Provides good Work/Life balance and Seniors and supportive. Good timing schedules as well.
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2015
There were many different tasks that i would require to perform on a daily basis from developing UAT script and also completed development of telephone mapping charts.

Management were extremely helpful if I came across an issues with my daily tasks.
Excellent Job culture
Third Party-Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2014
Really enjoyed working here, was able to be myself. Wish they were still around.
Pros
Excellent Job culture
Cons
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2013
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time.
Pros
Great company, great philosophy
Cons
Long, long working hours
Productive atmosphere with great training program
Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario21 May 2014
A typical day

• Development and train new and present employees
• Generate new mortgage and personal loan clients
• Maintain existing clients accounts
• Foreclosures and Loss mitigation
• Real Estate and Personal loan underwriting
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Productive and fun
Financial Reporting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario11 March 2015
Learned a lot, great team, good management culture. Fun place to work at.
Worked on compliance reports, monthly and quarterly funds.
Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2015
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Pros
Excellent Training Program
Cons
Revenue under lot of pressure due to other Citi global franchise not making enough revenue
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2013
Working at Citi it's a challenge every day as being part of multiple and diversified projects. The team I work with it's a great team with devoted peoples willing to help and act in the company best interest. The Management Team gives all support it's needed in order to perform your job or explore your suggestions for improvement.
Pros
team building activities
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
Credit Card Division Sold
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2015
The credit card division I worked for no longer exists in Canada. I'm not sure of the fate of the commercial credit card line of business in this country.
Fast pace environment with quick turn around not for everyone
Senior Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2012
- Trade processing, client meetings, investor inquiries
- Using spreadsheets a lot
- Learning the job quickly
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
long hours, working on stat holidays
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.