Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

Credit applications
Bilingual Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 28, 2014
Credit card applications for their client

Home improvement loan applications were also conducted.

Very large yet very fair and stable company.
Productive atmosphere with great training program
Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioMay 21, 2014
A typical day

• Development and train new and present employees
• Generate new mortgage and personal loan clients
• Maintain existing clients accounts
• Foreclosures and Loss mitigation
• Real Estate and Personal loan underwriting
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
limited room for advancement
good
Telemarketer/Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 14, 2014
selling citibank credit card thru phone
i learned how to communicate and sell thru phone
its a good company
and good co-workers
hardest part of the job is its a commission basis job, you have to sell and convince a customer to get and avail credit card before you get your commission or salary, but i enjoyed working there because of my co-workers that i became friends with
Pros
good working environment
Cons
commission basis job
Fast-paced, covers all aspects of lending
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 12, 2014
Citi's consumer finance wing dealing with sub-prime lending. At the time the model was aggressive growth, but I believe that slowed down after the financial crisis. Dealt with everything from business development, credit analysis, and managing delinquency.
Fast pace Enviroment, Organization skills, Work independently,Team work, Meet deadlines, Diverse workplace, monthly birthday celebration
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2014
A day would begin with planning and organization as every step requires a timeline, no room for errors as this will result in delay of payment to the clients. Your busy from 8:00am-2:30pm, non stop. You must have the ability to multitask with shifting priorities and to work independently.

Co-workers were great, very friendly and always willing to help. My working environment was very multicultural you learned a lot. On special dates (15-31 of the month) payments are greater in volume, so the team comes together to get the job done. All deliverable and timelines are met.

I guess the hardest part of the job was when someone calls in sick, the workload becomes heavy along with shifting priorities.

What I enjoyed was the morning huddle, we would spend 10-15mins to discuss previous day work and current day... very informative. And of course the monthly birthday celebration, every team would come up with a theme for the next celebration...sometimes it became competitive but fun.
Pros
management would provide breakfast every quarter to staff (appreciation)
Cons
had to do more with less people
Fun Workplace
Senior Hedge Fund Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  MississaugaApril 27, 2014
-Fantastic atmosphere
-Learned various financial and management skills such as bank reconciliation.
Was an ok company to work for
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCApril 24, 2014
I have grown a lot at Citi. Loved the client care aspect of the job and my co workers.
Hardest part about Citi was the cold calls we made to solicit funds and the goals set out to reach each month.
The part I enjoyed the most was when you could help a client re establish there credit and make there life easier financially.
Pros
very flexible with home vs work schedule
Cons
the demands set upon us as employees
Good
Sr. Java Developer & Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Citi has wonderful infrastructure and facilities.
There is no hierarchy maintained and good work is well appreciated.

Good place to work with and learn.
I learnt many things in terms of technology like weblogic installation, configuration etc, business and how to present our self in a multi- cultural environment etc.

I have worked in Citi as a contractor of Polaris Canada.
A Fun Place To Work With
Customer Solutions Officer (Former Employee) –  The Fort, Taguig City PhilipppinesMarch 19, 2014
The management was very accommodating. The fact that there is an open door policy, the managers who handles are making sure that we are capable of our position and they believe in our skills. Benefits and pay was quite good. Having friends at work makes our life easy.
Pros
incentives
Cons
n/a
productive and fun working environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  toronto onMarch 6, 2014
productive and fun working environment good people around
Excellent Job culture
Third Party-Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Really enjoyed working here, was able to be myself. Wish they were still around.
Pros
excellent job culture
Fun workplace
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2014
Fun environment, lots of work to be done on a daily basis. Not much room for promotion, good bonus and incentives.
customer service and sales culture
Manager trainee (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 23, 2014
work from 8:30 to 5;00
process loan and mortgage application
offer products and services
cross selling
Pros
management training + bonus
Cons
closing branches
Very organized and always recognized your hard work
Collector II, MasterCard Collections (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
They promoted an excellent opportunity to learn and at the same time management helps by given incentives to make us more productive, creating a good job environment.
Pros
incentives
Cons
location
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee) –  New DelhiFebruary 7, 2014
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss...
Pros
citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons
cant think...
great opportunity to learn
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tornonto, CanadaFebruary 7, 2014
good friendly and learning environment, tight schedules helped me to learn time management
Pros
helpful team members
Cons
unexpected timings
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
Growth, products and customers and colleagues
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Great company. Always had room to grow and learning new products. Was challenging everyday. I enjoyed servicing all different clients with their various needs and situations. Amazing team work helped with meeting month end goals and receiving great rewards in the end.
Good company to work for.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Even though Citi was cutting jobs and services in Canada they made every effort to communicate upcoming changes to affected employees and help them prepare for the change.
Professional, productive, busy and a home away from home
Administration/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2013
Over all it was a pleasure working for Citi, great opportunities and my work experiences was greatly expanded with knowledge.