Citi Employee Reviews

Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Pros
excellent training program
Cons
revenue under lot of pressure due to other citi global franchise not making enough revenue
customer focused style of work, with various documentations.
Financial Service Representative (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 19, 2014
Disbursed funds for cash cheques, validate and verify clients personal and financial information, booked appointments with clients over phone calls on a day to day basis.
Accountability and correct information is the key to financial sectors. After this intern-ship I have become more responsible towards the tasks that has been assigned and a habit of double checking has been developed.
Co workers have been really helpful and they have guided me well through the entire course of the intern-ship.
Hardest part of the job was employing security measures so that the funds are not being compromised. Any loss of funds, I was to be held responsible in that case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the cheques cashed as it was the easiest amongst all. Working Financial institutions can never be enjoyable for me.
Pros
motivating staff
Cons
work over the weekends.
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
1% inspiration and 99%perspiration.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work when all odd has been overcome facing a particular project.

To be hard working and attainning a high level deliverables.

Management efficient and very reliable regards team work.

My co-worker blessed in communication and productive.

The hardest part of my job here was having the right choice of the stakeholds and the business end users.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having my job done.
Pros
productive
Cons
waste
Busy Call centre
OPS Support Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioNovember 24, 2012
Productive and happy place to work with several different tasks to keep me busy.
Learned to be punctual, friendly and supportive of others' needs and how to prioritize workload.
Supportive and approachable Management Team.
Friendly peers to work with.
Keeping up with workload in busy times.
Knowing I achieved my goals and completed tasks on time
Pros
summer barbeques and regular competitions
Cons
not being given more responsibilities
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 4, 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
Woking at Citibank
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 19, 2015
Well organized company to work for. Management maintains good service to their clients. Supportive staff members and safe and clean work environment.
Excellent Job culture
Third Party-Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Really enjoyed working here, was able to be myself. Wish they were still around.
Pros
excellent job culture
Cons
Productive atmosphere with great training program
Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioMay 21, 2014
A typical day

• Development and train new and present employees
• Generate new mortgage and personal loan clients
• Maintain existing clients accounts
• Foreclosures and Loss mitigation
• Real Estate and Personal loan underwriting
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
limited room for advancement
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time.
Pros
great company, great philosophy
Cons
long, long working hours
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Working at Citi it's a challenge every day as being part of multiple and diversified projects. The team I work with it's a great team with devoted peoples willing to help and act in the company best interest. The Management Team gives all support it's needed in order to perform your job or explore your suggestions for improvement.
Pros
team building activities
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Fast pace environment with quick turn around not for everyone
Senior Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2012
- Trade processing, client meetings, investor inquiries
- Using spreadsheets a lot
- Learning the job quickly
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
long hours, working on stat holidays
Not Worth It...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Training was great, however the management is awful...you are a number there...high turnover...supervisors are moved around when they do something wrong or their numbers don't show...
Pros
some of the people were nice and caring...
Cons
back stabbing and blame game
Large company and many opportunities
Branch Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
Interesting to be part of a large company like this one.

Good organizational culture and supportive company for growth and development.
Very productive work place
Inbound/Outbound Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
worked withing a call center environment It was my fist experience, training was provided, team environment, corporation within the group and the management staff, all assisted to make sure that the work was completed and meet the company guidelines.
Very organized and always recognized your hard work
Collector II, MasterCard Collections (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
They promoted an excellent opportunity to learn and at the same time management helps by given incentives to make us more productive, creating a good job environment.
Pros
incentives
Cons
location
no comment
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Nice bank but issues are not as should be for all the workers. It is not good to discuss issues here. It is good to be a worker for this company.
Pros
lunches
Cons
not organized