Citi Employee Reviews

Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, ON2 March 2016
In Citibank I was able to gain more experience and knowledge about Oracle Databases specially Clusterware and DataGuard.
Motivated, Determine, Productive
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
It is very interesting. Good work culture. I learn how to communicate better with Managers, they are friendly. The coworkers makes the job great.
Pros
Reasonable price lunch
Cons
slow elevators
A rather normal big company
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2016
it is too big so lack of efficiency. you have to work in a global team environment. good benerfits and vacation and medical plan.
I enjoyed my career of 8 years at CITI. I am very grateful for all that I have learned there.
Securities Processing Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2016
Checking and responding to various emails, voice message for trade related issues. Processing non-financial & financial trade request that has been assigned by supervisor to be completed within the indicated service level as a team. The hardest part of the job would be RRSP as the work load actually doubles around this time.
I really enjoyed working at Citi but since Citi was exiting the fund services business they had to let go of a lot of staff.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2016
I always looked forward to going to work as the working environment was really nice at Citi.

I would check my emails and voice mails and accordingly prioritize my work depending on the level of urgency.

I loved my co-workers and we worked very well as a team.
The hardest job was when I had to leave Citi.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I knew I had done well for the day and my managers were satisfied with my progress.

I was able to take online courses to better my self in Microsoft Office and in house training's of how to deal with people, creating positive attitude in the work environment and many other workshops.

The management was awesome and I looked forward to going to work every day.
Wonderful workplace!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 December 2015
Overall, a great place to work! Challenging and rewarding. Compensation packages are great. In a changing time, they are working to adapt and provide lasting service to the clients.
Good company to work with but company is going through major restructure
Senior Solution Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2015
Processing on daily basic. Nice people to work with.The most enjoyable part was research and investigate to give correct solution.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Good break
A Global company that presents many opportunities
project manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2015
Working for a global organization such as Citi provides for many career opportunities across the globe. London office is now 100% remote and other Citi locations may offer the same option depending on Business needs.
Supportive management
Bilingual credit Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2015
Supportive management

Learning environment

Opportunity to work with Nice and smart people

Challenges

company culture support multiculturalism
Nice management
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2015
Prepare financial reports and profit allocation statements, including the calculation of “net asset value”
To perform different kind of fees calculations such as Management fees and Performance fees as outlined in the Prospectus.
Perform Cash reconciliations, position reconciliations, compliance check.
Ensuring all trades, dividends are inputted accurately and in a timely manner to the appropriate client portfolios on a daily basis.
Process various types of general ledger entries for payments and transactions.
conducive for learning about investments
Operations Representative - Taxation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2015
It is an international institution where we can learn a lot about backroom administration of investments from opening, maintenance, accounting, taxation up to the closing; and even extended up to the administration of estates.
Credit Card Division Sold
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2015
The credit card division I worked for no longer exists in Canada. I'm not sure of the fate of the commercial credit card line of business in this country.
Fun and exciting
Merchant Audit Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2015
Citi Financial was a very big working environment, with great people working, unfortunately I was on a contract base. Staff was amazing.
Good benefits with poor management
GRID DEVOPS SR. TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
It's a tradeoff between the benefits provided with management. Lacks transparency and a big thumbs down for the management style.
Excellent
Vice-President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 July 2015
It is a great place to work with professional and friendly staff who all have the same goal.
Great management team.Excellent opportunities for advancement and great training and development program.
Pros
training
Cons
Challenging and good learning experience
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississuaga16 July 2015
Technically challenging environment and had a very good scope for learning.Had exposure to gain domain knowledge. Great and supportive team.
Not a place for tech geeks, boring
Apps Developer Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Canada18 June 2015
I would not recommend this company to any developer who is looking forward to build a tech career.
At least in the department where I was working (big chunk of the overall IT staff) there were neither really challenging projects nor smart designers/managers.
Pros
Fair salary, Positive relationships with partners from business departments, Overall stability of the organization
Cons
Low technical level of projects, Medium at best level of devs and the majority of team leads which I've contacted with (not 100%), Not fair bonus system
Supportive Seniors and Good Work/Life balance.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario10 June 2015
Citi is a Nice place to work. Provides good Work/Life balance and Seniors and supportive. Good timing schedules as well.
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga4 June 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2015
There were many different tasks that i would require to perform on a daily basis from developing UAT script and also completed development of telephone mapping charts.

Management were extremely helpful if I came across an issues with my daily tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.