Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Workplace
Senior Hedge Fund Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  MississaugaApril 27, 2014
-Fantastic atmosphere
-Learned various financial and management skills such as bank reconciliation.
Was an ok company to work for
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCApril 24, 2014
I have grown a lot at Citi. Loved the client care aspect of the job and my co workers.
Hardest part about Citi was the cold calls we made to solicit funds and the goals set out to reach each month.
The part I enjoyed the most was when you could help a client re establish there credit and make there life easier financially.
Pros
very flexible with home vs work schedule
Cons
the demands set upon us as employees
Good
Sr. Java Developer & Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Citi has wonderful infrastructure and facilities.
There is no hierarchy maintained and good work is well appreciated.

Good place to work with and learn.
I learnt many things in terms of technology like weblogic installation, configuration etc, business and how to present our self in a multi- cultural environment etc.

I have worked in Citi as a contractor of Polaris Canada.
A Fun Place To Work With
Customer Solutions Officer (Former Employee) –  The Fort, Taguig City PhilipppinesMarch 19, 2014
The management was very accommodating. The fact that there is an open door policy, the managers who handles are making sure that we are capable of our position and they believe in our skills. Benefits and pay was quite good. Having friends at work makes our life easy.
Pros
incentives
Cons
n/a
productive and fun working environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  toronto onMarch 6, 2014
productive and fun working environment good people around
Excellent Job culture
Third Party-Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Really enjoyed working here, was able to be myself. Wish they were still around.
Pros
excellent job culture
Fun workplace
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2014
Fun environment, lots of work to be done on a daily basis. Not much room for promotion, good bonus and incentives.
customer service and sales culture
Manager trainee (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 23, 2014
work from 8:30 to 5;00
process loan and mortgage application
offer products and services
cross selling
Pros
management training + bonus
Cons
closing branches
Very organized and always recognized your hard work
Collector II, MasterCard Collections (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
They promoted an excellent opportunity to learn and at the same time management helps by given incentives to make us more productive, creating a good job environment.
Pros
incentives
Cons
location
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee) –  New DelhiFebruary 7, 2014
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss...
Pros
citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons
cant think...
great opportunity to learn
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tornonto, CanadaFebruary 7, 2014
good friendly and learning environment, tight schedules helped me to learn time management
Pros
helpful team members
Cons
unexpected timings
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
Growth, products and customers and colleagues
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Great company. Always had room to grow and learning new products. Was challenging everyday. I enjoyed servicing all different clients with their various needs and situations. Amazing team work helped with meeting month end goals and receiving great rewards in the end.
Good company to work for.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Even though Citi was cutting jobs and services in Canada they made every effort to communicate upcoming changes to affected employees and help them prepare for the change.
Professional, productive, busy and a home away from home
Administration/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2013
Over all it was a pleasure working for Citi, great opportunities and my work experiences was greatly expanded with knowledge.
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCNovember 1, 2013
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
high stress, competative environment
N/A
Branch Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2013
learned a lot from sales and customer service
growing a business and retaining customer
new business
Reporting
day to day business
Fast paced
Client Coordinator/Accounts Resolutions (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 23, 2013
being in a team environment assisting customers and providing the best solutions.
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Pros
benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time.
Pros
great company, great philosophy
Cons
long, long working hours