Citi Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment.
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 9, 2014
Responsible for office cash intake. Organized and filed confidential documents. Prepared account statements, loan files, receipts, and bank deposits. Met with clients to discuss potential future business. Sold home, auto, and personal contents insurance while exceeding monthly targets regularly. Answered telephone in a professional manner, and assisted customers with inquires, relayed messages, and scheduled appointments. Reviewed credit bureau and offered effective financial advice. Approved clients for personal, consolidation, equity loans, and second mortgages.
Pros
meeting new people and networking
Cons
long hours, high stress.
Helping people to get what they want or need.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 17, 2014
I would see many people to discuss their financial situation and go over what they need or want to make their life better.
The hardest part of the job was to tell someone who really needs a consolidation loan they are not approved due to their debt service ratio.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing that you will be able to help someone whether it be a customer or employee to improve in some way.
Pros
helping people
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee) –  New DelhiFebruary 7, 2014
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss...
Pros
citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons
cant think...
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto CanadaFebruary 16, 2012
Citi Financial is a great company with a comfortable and friendly working environment. Working for Citi Financial gave me the opportunity to enhance my multitasking abilities and prepared me for future working opportunities. My fellow staff members at that time where nothing but spectacular and where always there to help with any issues I had. Some even took it a step further by sacrificing their breaks to make sure that my work was always done to the best of my abilities.
Pros
investment opportunities
Cons
advancement opportunities were far and few between
Everyday was different
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Managed people to help clients find financial solutions to their budgets. Offered loans and mortgages to help consoladate monthly bills to have lower monthly payments. Also, collected monthly payments on a $13 million in receivables. The branch and myself received many awards for sales, collections, and excellant customer service. The job provided advancement to the level of Branch Manager but due to economic situation, the company offered no advancement anymore. I spent rewarding 14 yrs and acquired knowledge and skills that I could use in any job/career I choose.
Pros
helping people with finances
Cons
company downsizing = no advancement
1% inspiration and 99%perspiration.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work when all odd has been overcome facing a particular project.

To be hard working and attainning a high level deliverables.

Management efficient and very reliable regards team work.

My co-worker blessed in communication and productive.

The hardest part of my job here was having the right choice of the stakeholds and the business end users.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having my job done.
Pros
productive
Cons
waste
Busy Call centre
OPS Support Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioNovember 24, 2012
Productive and happy place to work with several different tasks to keep me busy.
Learned to be punctual, friendly and supportive of others' needs and how to prioritize workload.
Supportive and approachable Management Team.
Friendly peers to work with.
Keeping up with workload in busy times.
Knowing I achieved my goals and completed tasks on time
Pros
summer barbeques and regular competitions
Cons
not being given more responsibilities
good
Telemarketer/Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 14, 2014
selling citibank credit card thru phone
i learned how to communicate and sell thru phone
its a good company
and good co-workers
hardest part of the job is its a commission basis job, you have to sell and convince a customer to get and avail credit card before you get your commission or salary, but i enjoyed working there because of my co-workers that i became friends with
Pros
good working environment
Cons
commission basis job
Was an ok company to work for
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCApril 24, 2014
I have grown a lot at Citi. Loved the client care aspect of the job and my co workers.
Hardest part about Citi was the cold calls we made to solicit funds and the goals set out to reach each month.
The part I enjoyed the most was when you could help a client re establish there credit and make there life easier financially.
Pros
very flexible with home vs work schedule
Cons
the demands set upon us as employees
An amazing experience
Retail Development Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 29, 2012
Gained a great exposure to the financial world of business.Managed, coordinated, and executed different aspects of income generation and development, where I carried out consultations to customers and potential clients in matters of regulations, lines of credit and insurance, and loans certifications; this included supervising and observing monetary and legal aspects of clients’ dealings
Collections officer
part time work - collector (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJanuary 24, 2013
receive and make calls to clients who are in soft collection and negotiate repayment arrangements. For those who are in hard collection we transfer to appropriate collection officer.

Build a good rapport with clients and make good positive relationship with them and they feel good about themselves and we are able to make good negotiations of repayments of the debts.
Colleages were good to work with.
A typical finance company
Global Grid/Cloud Technical Analyst/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2013
as a technical analyst of Citi Global Grid Computing Center, the day-to-day work is ok to handle and can't complain much.

Due to the complex securities and compliance of Citi, productivity is heavily curbed and innovation isn't fully encourage in the working environment.

Colleagues here are not bad and nice , however the obvious bureaucracy sometimes drag down the morale .
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCNovember 1, 2013
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
high stress, competative environment
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Pros
benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Good
Sr. Java Developer & Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Citi has wonderful infrastructure and facilities.
There is no hierarchy maintained and good work is well appreciated.

Good place to work with and learn.
I learnt many things in terms of technology like weblogic installation, configuration etc, business and how to present our self in a multi- cultural environment etc.

I have worked in Citi as a contractor of Polaris Canada.
very co-operative and help full staff ....
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  WinnipegDecember 17, 2012
From the first day this company provide me very good atmosphere for working...I got two chances in Citifinancial as credit coordinator and after that sale manager both dept and very good and give me privilge top shopw my skills...the hardest part of job was to quit as I got married and quit from a good job...every moment in Citi is enjoyable
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 4, 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon
A great place to work
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Citi was a productive and fun workplace. We had the opportunity for cross training within our department for other products and within other departments.

They had a very active Spirit in the Citi Committee that allowed us to participate in several community service projects.
Pros
community service was very important to the company
Productive atmosphere with great training program
Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioMay 21, 2014
A typical day

• Development and train new and present employees
• Generate new mortgage and personal loan clients
• Maintain existing clients accounts
• Foreclosures and Loss mitigation
• Real Estate and Personal loan underwriting
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
limited room for advancement