Citi

Citi Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good company
Soft Collections, Sales, Lending (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 4, 2012
Pros: fun environment
Cons: telemarketing
This is a great company, however, this is a partial sales job, where you are cold calling customers, and soliciting people by phone and mail in order to meet quota each month.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto CanadaFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: investment opportunities
Cons: advancement opportunities were far and few between
Citi Financial is a great company with a comfortable and friendly working environment. Working for Citi Financial gave me the opportunity to enhance my multitasking abilities and prepared me for future working opportunities. My fellow staff members at that time where nothing but spectacular and where always there to help with any issues I had. Some – more... even took it a step further by sacrificing their breaks to make sure that my work was always done to the best of my abilities. – less
Collection agent,
Collection representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: health, dental insurance, as 401
Cons: having to work on weekends.
8hrs in front of computer , calling customers collecting on debts, assisting customers with programs that were available to further help them with catching up on their debts owed to Citi.
Hours were nice
collections representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: pay and bonuses
Cons: people i worked with were hard to get along with
The hours were very nice. There were days we were able to leave early since there were not enough calls coming in to hold everyone there.
Management totally clueless
PM (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
Cons: no direction
No set policies or procedures in place. Pretty much do what you think until someone tells you you're on the wrong track.
Large multi-national conglomerate
Client service associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
Large company with opportunities to advance within the corporation.
Employee happiness
Sr Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: talent promotion
Citi is extremely focused on the well-being of their employees providing MANY activities for fun through out the year. They also are huge on promoting talent.
Organized, team structured working environment
Fraud/ Credit Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 16, 2014
Citigroup layout is one of a call center, divided into teams. A typical day would be consistent of handling high volumes of incoming calls and also placing outbound calls to ensure legitimacy of current and future cardholders. Each team has their own management making it easy access to direct supervisor. The most difficult part of my job is turning – more... down customers for extended credit/credit in the events of emergencies. The best and most interesting part of my job is catching perpetrators who attempt to steal the identity of someone else in attempts to gain credit. – less
Good learning experience
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), chennaiAugust 15, 2014
Learnt more in detail about oracle concepts.and had great leaning experience
Great Team
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2014
The best part of the job is the wonderful people I get to work with. Everyone will pitch in and get the job done. No one is shy to say let me help with that.
Great Benefits
Analyst (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lay-offs
Good work/life balance. Benefits are good.
Depending on what area you work in there is room for advancement.
Work day was pretty typical.
Assigned workload and you were expected to complete it within the time frame.
If you did what you were supposed to do you had no problems.
Constantly Challenging w/ Good Work/Life Balance
Senior Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
The various roles I had at Citi revolved around project management and analysis, and provided a great opportunity to build my skills.
Excellent
GSO WAH COLLECTOR (Former Employee), McLeansville, NCAugust 14, 2014
Great Job, Amazing Benefits, 9% 401K Match, Management was okay but they always worked with you.
Temp job
File Clerk (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOAugust 13, 2014
Pros: hours and pay
Cons: temp position
Had a great experience while I was employeed. Co workers were awesome. only bad part was it was in a basement without windows.
Great Place
AML COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Current Employee), LIC, New YorkAugust 13, 2014
Great people! Many opportunities to advance if you are proactive and willing to learn.
Goal Oriented Workplace
Loss Mitigation Specialist II (Former Employee), Ft. Mill, S.C.August 13, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: tiered goal structure even for top performers
CitiAutomotive was a great company to work for before the Santander merger. Great benefits, relaxed atmosphere, immense bonus potential. Santander Consumer took over and things drastically changed, not too much dept. communication and bonuses were tiered so even if you were among the top 10% of performers only one of you got the max payout. Citimortgage – more... was also a great place to work. Bonus potential was excellent, goals were realistic, people were upbeat and pleasant to work with. Facility was clean. Major plus. – less
Mostly worked on rebranding - Internal temp position
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: wonderful team, great exposure, location
Cons: n/a
Was instrumental in working on the rebranding efforts after the acquisition of Cal-Fed Bank. This position was a temp internal position which did not offer any advancement or benefits, and had the understanding that once the rebranding was well in hand the position would be eliminated.

During the course of this position, I was instrumental in creating – more... monthly report binders in which to ship off to the Florida office of Citi along with copies for the New York location. I also planned several onsite lunches as well as off-site dinners for all the office executives.

One part of the job I used to enjoy was when the attorney who worked on our floor used to ask if I would be willing to transcribe his notes from cassette so he would have paper copy to take with him. This used to bring me back to my younger days of transcription, when I used to temp at a lawyers office.

The only downside was the day that the rebranding efforts were deemed to be well in hand and my position was dismissed. – less
Citi
Global Fraud Strategy Program SVP (Current Employee), Hagerstown MarylandAugust 13, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: compensation benefits career mobility
Challenging environment, growth opportunities are limited in non-strategic locations.
Collection
LOSS MIT COLLECTOR (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no job security
LOSS MIT COLLECTOR-SAFE ACT-Assisted customers with payments, updated customer information according to the policies. Assisted customer with applying for deferments, forbearances, modifications, short sale, deed in lieu, and settlements and using critical thinking to come up with the best possible solution or program.
INACTIVE BANKRUPTCY REPRENSENTATIVE-Given – more... the responsibility of finding the best solution to save borrowers’ homes without violating any company or state and federal policies. Build a report with customer so to involve them in the solution process. Ensured all customer’s concerns were addressed and to follow up if any concerns were not resolved on first call.
TAX DEPARTMENT-Responsible for contacting the counties by fax, email and phone to get information on delinquent taxes or taxes owed. Ensure information from the counties is correct and inputted in the CFNA tax site. Assist the Closers with the proposal to request checks to pay off the taxes owed by the borrower. Ensure all information is correct and documented in the tax site, DRI, and File net and order BPOs if needed. – less
Love it
Customer Service Representative & Collections (Former Employee), Irving TexasAugust 11, 2014
Loves working for Citi however it is very difficult to get in touch with certain supervisors