Citi Employee Reviews

Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Downtown Montreal, QC29 September 2014
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus.
Pros
making new friends and learning something new
Cons
Long hours and location
Productive and fun
Financial Reporting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario11 March 2015
Learned a lot, great team, good management culture. Fun place to work at.
Worked on compliance reports, monthly and quarterly funds.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada16 February 2012
Citi Financial is a great company with a comfortable and friendly working environment. Working for Citi Financial gave me the opportunity to enhance my multitasking abilities and prepared me for future working opportunities. My fellow staff members at that time where nothing but spectacular and where always there to help with any issues I had. Some even took it a step further by sacrificing their breaks to make sure that my work was always done to the best of my abilities.
Pros
investment opportunities
Cons
advancement opportunities were far and few between
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee) –  New Delhi7 February 2014
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss...
Pros
Citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons
Cant think...
Stressful work environment.
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton9 July 2014
Responsible for office cash intake. Organized and filed confidential documents. Prepared account statements, loan files, receipts, and bank deposits. Met with clients to discuss potential future business. Sold home, auto, and personal contents insurance while exceeding monthly targets regularly. Answered telephone in a professional manner, and assisted customers with inquires, relayed messages, and scheduled appointments. Reviewed credit bureau and offered effective financial advice. Approved clients for personal, consolidation, equity loans, and second mortgages.
Pros
Meeting new people and networking
Cons
Long hours, high stress.
Everyday was different
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 September 2012
Managed people to help clients find financial solutions to their budgets. Offered loans and mortgages to help consoladate monthly bills to have lower monthly payments. Also, collected monthly payments on a $13 million in receivables. The branch and myself received many awards for sales, collections, and excellant customer service. The job provided advancement to the level of Branch Manager but due to economic situation, the company offered no advancement anymore. I spent rewarding 14 yrs and acquired knowledge and skills that I could use in any job/career I choose.
Pros
helping people with finances
Cons
company downsizing = no advancement
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 August 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations.
Customer oriented
Business Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  London ,ON14 September 2012
Citi always gave the staff very good tools to help us help the customers. Citi provided us with a paid volunteer day and was big fund raiser for United Way. The site was new and comfortable.
Great place, but Salary not up to par
Call Quality Coach (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2013
Great work environment
Great opportunities to learn different departments
Management for the most part was fair
Pros
team work
Cons
salary was not up to par
Good working place
Intermediate Operations/Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Toronto10 November 2014
My career with CITI is a primary link for communication between representatives and the company. Working with people from diverse background and nationalities require high level of professionalism and confidentiality; I am able to exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy.

My ability to work courteously and effectively with people, set priorities and meet deadlines has equipped me with the skills necessary to make a significant contribution and thrive in a fast paced environment.
productive
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 November 2014
A typical day at Global Credit and Collection Corp. was, starting 8am till our breaks we'd have to be really focused with our calls.
What Global has taught me was great communication skills and how to handle people who did not want to pay their bills.
As for the management, the managers were very kind, but the supervisors were not so lenient. Co-workers were absolutely amazing, very friends and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was to sit in one spot the entire day and just make phone calls.
Pros
there wasn't any pros
Cons
Had to be on calls all the time
Good company to work with but company is going through major restructure
Senior Solution Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2015
Processing on daily basic. Nice people to work with.The most enjoyable part was research and investigate to give correct solution.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Good break
Educational
Loan Officer/Branch Executive/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 December 2014
CitiFinancial is a fantastic place to work but the pay is very low. The training was incrediable and a very fun work environment. I am a single mom and I could not afford to stay working for CitiFinancial which makes me disappointed because the staff and training was amazing.
Pros
great training & learning, 9-7 hours a day, very fast pace, amazing staff.
Cons
low wages, 6mnths till you receive benefits that are expensive, breaks and lunches are hard to take and are frowned upon.
Great Company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 September 2013
Great Company to work for...incentives, bonus, educational programs, decent working hours, benefits, flex hours, advancement, internal promotions, etc.
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 July 2014
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours.
Pros
benefits, compensation, hours
Cons
soliciting
Excellent Job culture
Third Party-Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2014
Really enjoyed working here, was able to be myself. Wish they were still around.
Pros
Excellent Job culture
Cons
1% inspiration and 99%perspiration.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga2 April 2013
A typical day at work when all odd has been overcome facing a particular project.

To be hard working and attainning a high level deliverables.

Management efficient and very reliable regards team work.

My co-worker blessed in communication and productive.

The hardest part of my job here was having the right choice of the stakeholds and the business end users.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having my job done.
Pros
productive
Cons
waste
Helping people to get what they want or need.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta17 June 2014
I would see many people to discuss their financial situation and go over what they need or want to make their life better.
The hardest part of the job was to tell someone who really needs a consolidation loan they are not approved due to their debt service ratio.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing that you will be able to help someone whether it be a customer or employee to improve in some way.
Pros
Helping people
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2015
There were many different tasks that i would require to perform on a daily basis from developing UAT script and also completed development of telephone mapping charts.

Management were extremely helpful if I came across an issues with my daily tasks.
Challenging, fast-paced environment with many advancement and incentive opportunities.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 May 2014
A typical day is never typical!

Many aspects of this business is target driven, but with customer focus in mind first. We provide various types of lending, including merchant financing plans, while managing past due accounts, expediting insurance claims, general administration, and upholding the highest level of compliance.

It's very rewarding to assist people in need whether it be short-term fix, or long-term solution. We create solutions when clients encounter financial hardship and work with them step-by-step.

Lateral movement and advancement is encouraged. There are many roles to fill and supportive colleagues to assist in the journey.

I've met lifelong friends from across the country thanks to the company sending me for training and kick-off meetings to places such as Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Chicago, and Houston.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn, included adapted Harvard courses. The incentive and benefit plans are excellent.
Cons
It's fast-paced and target driven which isn't for everyone. Due to smaller branch sizes, it can be difficult to remain anonymous should you have concerns about a colleague.