Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Manage IT projects
Technical Specialist (Vice President) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ONOctober 26, 2014
Starts of with support issues.
The days are very hectric and almost unmanageable in a day. Work most weekends
Pros
new technologies
Cons
too hectic
Productive fun workplace with potential for great monthly bonus.
Senior Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Yorkton, SKOctober 11, 2014
Main part of the job is selling personal loans and mortgages. Soliciting new and present customers to generate business. Challenging part is you have to make collection calls on past due accounts daily.
Not Worth It...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Training was great, however the management is awful...you are a number there...high turnover...supervisors are moved around when they do something wrong or their numbers don't show...
Pros
some of the people were nice and caring...
Cons
back stabbing and blame game
Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Downtown Montreal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus.
Pros
making new friends and learning something new
Cons
long hours and location
worked short period, overall it was nice
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 11, 2014
It was typical call center work.
Excellent training that gave newcomers good grasp of operations.
Very pleasant management.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
relatively low pay
generally speaking it is a good company
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
every step is routine. you may feel boring after one year. but you will find the balance of life in this type of company
Fun place
BILINGUAL COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  mississaugaSeptember 8, 2014
I've gained a lot of experience working with citi financial. The workplace was friendly adn welcoming, although there was alot work to do, I still manage to have a great time working there.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
the hours
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Team worker,
Fast learner and focussed
Ability to multi-task
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 12, 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations.
Balanced workplace with gym facility
Transfer Agency Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 9, 2014
Citi Financials is a prestigious organization with professional management.
Pros
gym facility
Cons
evening shifts
customer focused style of work, with various documentations.
Financial Service Representative (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 19, 2014
Disbursed funds for cash cheques, validate and verify clients personal and financial information, booked appointments with clients over phone calls on a day to day basis.
Accountability and correct information is the key to financial sectors. After this intern-ship I have become more responsible towards the tasks that has been assigned and a habit of double checking has been developed.
Co workers have been really helpful and they have guided me well through the entire course of the intern-ship.
Hardest part of the job was employing security measures so that the funds are not being compromised. Any loss of funds, I was to be held responsible in that case.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the cheques cashed as it was the easiest amongst all. Working Financial institutions can never be enjoyable for me.
Pros
motivating staff
Cons
work over the weekends.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2014
Citigroup is a great place to work, and is good for anyone looking to enter into the financial services environment.
Financial Insititution
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  BurlingtonJuly 15, 2014
Has to work on weekend

Aggressive co-worker

Good at training
Large company and many opportunities
Branch Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
Interesting to be part of a large company like this one.

Good organizational culture and supportive company for growth and development.
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2014
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours.
Pros
benefits, compensation, hours
Cons
soliciting
Stressful work environment.
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 9, 2014
Responsible for office cash intake. Organized and filed confidential documents. Prepared account statements, loan files, receipts, and bank deposits. Met with clients to discuss potential future business. Sold home, auto, and personal contents insurance while exceeding monthly targets regularly. Answered telephone in a professional manner, and assisted customers with inquires, relayed messages, and scheduled appointments. Reviewed credit bureau and offered effective financial advice. Approved clients for personal, consolidation, equity loans, and second mortgages.
Pros
meeting new people and networking
Cons
long hours, high stress.
Helping people to get what they want or need.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 17, 2014
I would see many people to discuss their financial situation and go over what they need or want to make their life better.
The hardest part of the job was to tell someone who really needs a consolidation loan they are not approved due to their debt service ratio.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing that you will be able to help someone whether it be a customer or employee to improve in some way.
Pros
helping people
Productive and Well Structured
Financial, Legal & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 16, 2014
Fast paced and very productive.
Tight deadlines need to be met within a timely matter
multitasking is a must
Challenging, fast-paced environment with many advancement and incentive opportunities.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 29, 2014
A typical day is never typical!

Many aspects of this business is target driven, but with customer focus in mind first. We provide various types of lending, including merchant financing plans, while managing past due accounts, expediting insurance claims, general administration, and upholding the highest level of compliance.

It's very rewarding to assist people in need whether it be short-term fix, or long-term solution. We create solutions when clients encounter financial hardship and work with them step-by-step.

Lateral movement and advancement is encouraged. There are many roles to fill and supportive colleagues to assist in the journey.

I've met lifelong friends from across the country thanks to the company sending me for training and kick-off meetings to places such as Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Chicago, and Houston.
Pros
many opportunities to learn, included adapted harvard courses. the incentive and benefit plans are excellent.
Cons
it's fast-paced and target driven which isn't for everyone. due to smaller branch sizes, it can be difficult to remain anonymous should you have concerns about a colleague.