Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

Everyday was different
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Managed people to help clients find financial solutions to their budgets. Offered loans and mortgages to help consoladate monthly bills to have lower monthly payments. Also, collected monthly payments on a $13 million in receivables. The branch and myself received many awards for sales, collections, and excellant customer service. The job provided advancement to the level of Branch Manager but due to economic situation, the company offered no advancement anymore. I spent rewarding 14 yrs and acquired knowledge and skills that I could use in any job/career I choose.
Pros
helping people with finances
Cons
company downsizing = no advancement
Challenging and good learning experience
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  MississuagaJuly 16, 2015
Technically challenging environment and had a very good scope for learning.Had exposure to gain domain knowledge. Great and supportive team.
Customer oriented
Business Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  London ,ONSeptember 14, 2012
Citi always gave the staff very good tools to help us help the customers. Citi provided us with a paid volunteer day and was big fund raiser for United Way. The site was new and comfortable.
Great place, but Salary not up to par
Call Quality Coach (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Great work environment
Great opportunities to learn different departments
Management for the most part was fair
Pros
team work
Cons
salary was not up to par
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2014
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours.
Pros
benefits, compensation, hours
Cons
soliciting
Great Company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 24, 2013
Great Company to work for...incentives, bonus, educational programs, decent working hours, benefits, flex hours, advancement, internal promotions, etc.
Woking at Citibank
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 19, 2015
Well organized company to work for. Management maintains good service to their clients. Supportive staff members and safe and clean work environment.
Excellent Job culture
Third Party-Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Really enjoyed working here, was able to be myself. Wish they were still around.
Pros
excellent job culture
Cons
good place to learn about products
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  bahrainFebruary 2, 2015
meet new peoples in market and explain about products and selling .
learned working under pressure,always competition between colleagues.daily starting our day with work is enjoyable time
Pros
good team leader
Cons
less salary
Helping people to get what they want or need.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 17, 2014
I would see many people to discuss their financial situation and go over what they need or want to make their life better.
The hardest part of the job was to tell someone who really needs a consolidation loan they are not approved due to their debt service ratio.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing that you will be able to help someone whether it be a customer or employee to improve in some way.
Pros
helping people
Cons
1% inspiration and 99%perspiration.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work when all odd has been overcome facing a particular project.

To be hard working and attainning a high level deliverables.

Management efficient and very reliable regards team work.

My co-worker blessed in communication and productive.

The hardest part of my job here was having the right choice of the stakeholds and the business end users.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having my job done.
Pros
productive
Cons
waste
Busy Call centre
OPS Support Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioNovember 24, 2012
Productive and happy place to work with several different tasks to keep me busy.
Learned to be punctual, friendly and supportive of others' needs and how to prioritize workload.
Supportive and approachable Management Team.
Friendly peers to work with.
Keeping up with workload in busy times.
Knowing I achieved my goals and completed tasks on time
Pros
summer barbeques and regular competitions
Cons
not being given more responsibilities
Challenging, fast-paced environment with many advancement and incentive opportunities.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 29, 2014
A typical day is never typical!

Many aspects of this business is target driven, but with customer focus in mind first. We provide various types of lending, including merchant financing plans, while managing past due accounts, expediting insurance claims, general administration, and upholding the highest level of compliance.

It's very rewarding to assist people in need whether it be short-term fix, or long-term solution. We create solutions when clients encounter financial hardship and work with them step-by-step.

Lateral movement and advancement is encouraged. There are many roles to fill and supportive colleagues to assist in the journey.

I've met lifelong friends from across the country thanks to the company sending me for training and kick-off meetings to places such as Toronto, Montreal, Baltimore, Chicago, and Houston.
Pros
many opportunities to learn, included adapted harvard courses. the incentive and benefit plans are excellent.
Cons
it's fast-paced and target driven which isn't for everyone. due to smaller branch sizes, it can be difficult to remain anonymous should you have concerns about a colleague.
Large company and many opportunities
Branch Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
Interesting to be part of a large company like this one.

Good organizational culture and supportive company for growth and development.
good
Telemarketer/Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 14, 2014
selling citibank credit card thru phone
i learned how to communicate and sell thru phone
its a good company
and good co-workers
hardest part of the job is its a commission basis job, you have to sell and convince a customer to get and avail credit card before you get your commission or salary, but i enjoyed working there because of my co-workers that i became friends with
Pros
good working environment
Cons
commission basis job
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 4, 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon
Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Pros
excellent training program
Cons
revenue under lot of pressure due to other citi global franchise not making enough revenue
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Working at Citi it's a challenge every day as being part of multiple and diversified projects. The team I work with it's a great team with devoted peoples willing to help and act in the company best interest. The Management Team gives all support it's needed in order to perform your job or explore your suggestions for improvement.
Pros
team building activities
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.