Citi Employee Reviews

Boring
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2016
An average day at work consists of 100 solicit telephone calls and 100 collection calls. I do not find the job very stimulating
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Too many calls
Conducive atmosphere for team work
QA TEST LEAD (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my stint at CITI . The best part of the job were the people(co-workers) that I associated with and the most enjoyable part was documenting the test plan
A nice working place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2016
It a nice workplace where we had our gym and Tim Hortons coffee shop and lots of facilities. I had worked in collections where i acquired a lot of experiences
Pros
35.7 hrs time shift
Cons
Shift rotation
Not a place for tech geeks, boring
Apps Developer Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Canada18 June 2015
I would not recommend this company to any developer who is looking forward to build a tech career.
At least in the department where I was working (big chunk of the overall IT staff) there were neither really challenging projects nor smart designers/managers.
Pros
Fair salary, Positive relationships with partners from business departments, Overall stability of the organization
Cons
Low technical level of projects, Medium at best level of devs and the majority of team leads which I've contacted with (not 100%), Not fair bonus system
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB22 October 2013
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Pros
benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 November 2013
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
High stress, competative environment
Supportive management
Bilingual credit Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2015
Supportive management

Learning environment

Opportunity to work with Nice and smart people

Challenges

company culture support multiculturalism
Motivated, Determine, Productive
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
It is very interesting. Good work culture. I learn how to communicate better with Managers, they are friendly. The coworkers makes the job great.
Pros
Reasonable price lunch
Cons
slow elevators
career advancement limited
Bilingual Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  toronto15 July 2013
Pros – Employees have good benefits from the benefits provider

Cons: Excessive work with little support-
bonusses applicable only if you are in middle-senior management,
poor recognition of efforts
benefits
Cons
career advancement
Nice management
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2015
Prepare financial reports and profit allocation statements, including the calculation of “net asset value”
To perform different kind of fees calculations such as Management fees and Performance fees as outlined in the Prospectus.
Perform Cash reconciliations, position reconciliations, compliance check.
Ensuring all trades, dividends are inputted accurately and in a timely manner to the appropriate client portfolios on a daily basis.
Process various types of general ledger entries for payments and transactions.
Excellent
Vice-President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 July 2015
It is a great place to work with professional and friendly staff who all have the same goal.
Great management team.Excellent opportunities for advancement and great training and development program.
Pros
training
Exciting, challenging and growth-conducive
Jr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2016
Great workplace and a platform to learn about Canadian Financial marketplace. Job hours could be challenging, overall a productive place to learn and grow.
Fast pace Enviroment, Organization skills, Work independently,Team work, Meet deadlines, Diverse workplace, monthly birthday celebration
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2014
A day would begin with planning and organization as every step requires a timeline, no room for errors as this will result in delay of payment to the clients. Your busy from 8:00am-2:30pm, non stop. You must have the ability to multitask with shifting priorities and to work independently.

Co-workers were great, very friendly and always willing to help. My working environment was very multicultural you learned a lot. On special dates (15-31 of the month) payments are greater in volume, so the team comes together to get the job done. All deliverable and timelines are met.

I guess the hardest part of the job was when someone calls in sick, the workload becomes heavy along with shifting priorities.

What I enjoyed was the morning huddle, we would spend 10-15mins to discuss previous day work and current day... very informative. And of course the monthly birthday celebration, every team would come up with a theme for the next celebration...sometimes it became competitive but fun.
Pros
Management would provide breakfast every quarter to staff (Appreciation)
Cons
Had to do more with less people
Wonderful workplace!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 December 2015
Overall, a great place to work! Challenging and rewarding. Compensation packages are great. In a changing time, they are working to adapt and provide lasting service to the clients.
Enjoyable place to work with all staff involved in the community. Upper level Management easy to talk to and respectful of employees.
Default Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2012
In the six years I worked at Citi I had a variety of jobs. For the past 11 months I worked for the United States as a Default Control Assisstant. My day consisted of updating a Mortgage spreadsheet, emailing, phoning or Instant Messaging Business Representatives for their response to a specific mortgage item. Making sure they had all the specific procedures needed to close the item. I was learning about the US and how they make sure they have their procedures in place to be compliant with their laws.

Although we were a virtual team, management was always there for support and encouragement and co-workers we only an email away for any questions you may have had.

This was a job I thoroughly enjoyed. It was very demanding and at times could be frustrating but I found if you did not get the response you needed then it was just a matter of rewording it.

The most enjoyable part of this position was when an item was closed and we could take it off our very long list. I also enjoyed talking to different business representatives, management and co-workers to come up with another way of handling a certain project.
Pros
excellent benefits and friendly place to work.
Good benefits with poor management
GRID DEVOPS SR. TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
It's a tradeoff between the benefits provided with management. Lacks transparency and a big thumbs down for the management style.
Very professional environment, but management sometimes is lacking knowledge
Analyst - Client Implementation (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 March 2016
Very fast paced environment, challenging.
Recent changes including moving parts of the business overseas, impacted the flow of processes and eficiency.
Pros
flexible hours
A Global company that presents many opportunities
project manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2015
Working for a global organization such as Citi provides for many career opportunities across the globe. London office is now 100% remote and other Citi locations may offer the same option depending on Business needs.
A very competitive Global Bank
Assistant Vice President / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Changi Business Park, Singapore1 February 2016
A recommended employer in Banking industry. I was able to work with a very talented individuals. I can say that Citibank direction is to thrive and offer the best digital service in banking industry.
A Fun Place To Work With
Customer Solutions Officer (Former Employee) –  The Fort, Taguig City Philipppines19 March 2014
The management was very accommodating. The fact that there is an open door policy, the managers who handles are making sure that we are capable of our position and they believe in our skills. Benefits and pay was quite good. Having friends at work makes our life easy.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
N/A