Citi
2,134 reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee), Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: gym at work
Cons: no indoor parking
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready – more... to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done. – less
Professional, productive, busy and a home away from home
Administration/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2013
Over all it was a pleasure working for Citi, great opportunities and my work experiences was greatly expanded with knowledge.
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee), Williams Lake, BCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: high stress, competative environment
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly – more... competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail. – less
Fast paced
Client Coordinator/Accounts Resolutions (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 23, 2013
being in a team environment assisting customers and providing the best solutions.
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
Pros: benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons: long hours, poor pay
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to – more... get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships. – less
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great company, great philosophy
Cons: long, long working hours
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs – more... like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time. – less
Great Company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 24, 2013
Great Company to work for...incentives, bonus, educational programs, decent working hours, benefits, flex hours, advancement, internal promotions, etc.
Customer service
Bilingual Commercial Collector, Citi Cards Canada (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: loved the product
Cons: people their donot like new on-boarding
The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in with the staff. They all had their little clicks and it took quite a while to fit in.
Challenging and proactive environment
Corporate Recruiter - Contract (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2013
I enjoyed my contract with Citi and would definitely return for the right role.
FUN WORKLACE
Trust accountant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: temp
GOOD EMPLOYMENT,GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD TIME,WORK EXPERIENCES
Citi was a great and rewarding company to work for.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of leading strategic projects, interacting with clients either to address their concerns and or consult them on commercial cards’ programs’ best practices, and addressing my teams’ concerns regarding change. Additionally, my day consisted of collaborating with internal and external partners to drive efficiency to enhance – more... clients’ experience’ and facilitate revenue growth. – less
Great organization to work for!
Client Development Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility to manage my business
Cons: extensive travel requirements
Home office based role requiring site visits to partner facilities to augment their internal credit programs.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Working at Citi it's a challenge every day as being part of multiple and diversified projects. The team I work with it's a great team with devoted peoples willing to help and act in the company best interest. The Management Team gives all support it's needed in order to perform your job or explore your suggestions for improvement.
Great place to learn
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 5, 2013
City group is big name in finance sector. I have learnt all about assets and economy circumstances. Got a chance to work with very experienced team members and learnt a lot.
Collections officer
part time work - collector (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 24, 2013
receive and make calls to clients who are in soft collection and negotiate repayment arrangements. For those who are in hard collection we transfer to appropriate collection officer.

Build a good rapport with clients and make good positive relationship with them and they feel good about themselves and we are able to make good negotiations of repayments – more... of the debts.
Colleages were good to work with. – less
Great place, but Salary not up to par
Call Quality Coach (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: salary was not up to par
Great work environment
Great opportunities to learn different departments
Management for the most part was fair
Fun workplace
Collector (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: free lunch and various fun activities
Cons: limited opportunities to grow
Learnt great customer service skills
Superior knowledge of credit and Collections
Friendly and helpful peers
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 1, 2012
Pros: great benefits, and bonuses
Cons: bonuses were not always obtainable
I enjoyed working at Citifinancial the first few years that I was there. The business however got a little tougher to enjoy when the economy went down.
Excellent work environment, good benefits, low salary
RESP specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2012
Great opportunities, challenging tasks, fast pace, knowledgeable co-workers ...
great place to work
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKOctober 10, 2012
co-workers were wonderful, excellent management, learned a lot.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more