Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

Good benefits with poor management
GRID DEVOPS SR. TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
It's a tradeoff between the benefits provided with management. Lacks transparency and a big thumbs down for the management style.
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2015
There were many different tasks that i would require to perform on a daily basis from developing UAT script and also completed development of telephone mapping charts.

Management were extremely helpful if I came across an issues with my daily tasks.
Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Pros
excellent training program
Cons
revenue under lot of pressure due to other citi global franchise not making enough revenue
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.
Educational
Loan Officer/Branch Executive/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 21, 2014
CitiFinancial is a fantastic place to work but the pay is very low. The training was incrediable and a very fun work environment. I am a single mom and I could not afford to stay working for CitiFinancial which makes me disappointed because the staff and training was amazing.
Pros
great training & learning, 9-7 hours a day, very fast pace, amazing staff.
Cons
low wages, 6mnths till you receive benefits that are expensive, breaks and lunches are hard to take and are frowned upon.
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 4, 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon
Supportive Seniors and Good Work/Life balance.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioJune 10, 2015
Citi is a Nice place to work. Provides good Work/Life balance and Seniors and supportive. Good timing schedules as well.
productive
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at Global Credit and Collection Corp. was, starting 8am till our breaks we'd have to be really focused with our calls.
What Global has taught me was great communication skills and how to handle people who did not want to pay their bills.
As for the management, the managers were very kind, but the supervisors were not so lenient. Co-workers were absolutely amazing, very friends and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was to sit in one spot the entire day and just make phone calls.
Pros
there wasn't any pros
Cons
had to be on calls all the time
Good working place
Intermediate Operations/Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, TorontoNovember 10, 2014
My career with CITI is a primary link for communication between representatives and the company. Working with people from diverse background and nationalities require high level of professionalism and confidentiality; I am able to exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy.

My ability to work courteously and effectively with people, set priorities and meet deadlines has equipped me with the skills necessary to make a significant contribution and thrive in a fast paced environment.
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Downtown Montreal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus.
Pros
making new friends and learning something new
Cons
long hours and location
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 12, 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations.
good place to learn about products
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  bahrainFebruary 2, 2015
meet new peoples in market and explain about products and selling .
learned working under pressure,always competition between colleagues.daily starting our day with work is enjoyable time
Pros
good team leader
Cons
less salary
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2014
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours.
Pros
benefits, compensation, hours
Cons
soliciting
Stressful work environment.
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 9, 2014
Responsible for office cash intake. Organized and filed confidential documents. Prepared account statements, loan files, receipts, and bank deposits. Met with clients to discuss potential future business. Sold home, auto, and personal contents insurance while exceeding monthly targets regularly. Answered telephone in a professional manner, and assisted customers with inquires, relayed messages, and scheduled appointments. Reviewed credit bureau and offered effective financial advice. Approved clients for personal, consolidation, equity loans, and second mortgages.
Pros
meeting new people and networking
Cons
long hours, high stress.
Helping people to get what they want or need.
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 17, 2014
I would see many people to discuss their financial situation and go over what they need or want to make their life better.
The hardest part of the job was to tell someone who really needs a consolidation loan they are not approved due to their debt service ratio.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing that you will be able to help someone whether it be a customer or employee to improve in some way.
Pros
helping people
Cons
good
Telemarketer/Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 14, 2014
selling citibank credit card thru phone
i learned how to communicate and sell thru phone
its a good company
and good co-workers
hardest part of the job is its a commission basis job, you have to sell and convince a customer to get and avail credit card before you get your commission or salary, but i enjoyed working there because of my co-workers that i became friends with
Pros
good working environment
Cons
commission basis job
Was an ok company to work for
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BCApril 24, 2014
I have grown a lot at Citi. Loved the client care aspect of the job and my co workers.
Hardest part about Citi was the cold calls we made to solicit funds and the goals set out to reach each month.
The part I enjoyed the most was when you could help a client re establish there credit and make there life easier financially.
Pros
very flexible with home vs work schedule
Cons
the demands set upon us as employees
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee) –  New DelhiFebruary 7, 2014
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss...
Pros
citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons
cant think...
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Pros
gym at work
Cons
no indoor parking