Citi
2,041 reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Client Coordinator/Accounts Resolutions (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 23, 2013
being in a team environment assisting customers and providing the best solutions.
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
Pros: benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons: long hours, poor pay
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to – more... get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships. – less
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great company, great philosophy
Cons: long, long working hours
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs – more... like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time. – less
Great Company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 24, 2013
Great Company to work for...incentives, bonus, educational programs, decent working hours, benefits, flex hours, advancement, internal promotions, etc.
Customer service
Bilingual Commercial Collector, Citi Cards Canada (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: loved the product
Cons: people their donot like new on-boarding
The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in with the staff. They all had their little clicks and it took quite a while to fit in.
Challenging and proactive environment
Corporate Recruiter - Contract (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 13, 2013
I enjoyed my contract with Citi and would definitely return for the right role.
FUN WORKLACE
Trust accountant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: temp
GOOD EMPLOYMENT,GOOD PEOPLE,GOOD TIME,WORK EXPERIENCES
Citi was a great and rewarding company to work for.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of leading strategic projects, interacting with clients either to address their concerns and or consult them on commercial cards’ programs’ best practices, and addressing my teams’ concerns regarding change. Additionally, my day consisted of collaborating with internal and external partners to drive efficiency to enhance – more... clients’ experience’ and facilitate revenue growth. – less
Great organization to work for!
Client Development Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility to manage my business
Cons: extensive travel requirements
Home office based role requiring site visits to partner facilities to augment their internal credit programs.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Working at Citi it's a challenge every day as being part of multiple and diversified projects. The team I work with it's a great team with devoted peoples willing to help and act in the company best interest. The Management Team gives all support it's needed in order to perform your job or explore your suggestions for improvement.
Great place to learn
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 5, 2013
City group is big name in finance sector. I have learnt all about assets and economy circumstances. Got a chance to work with very experienced team members and learnt a lot.
Collections officer
part time work - collector (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 24, 2013
receive and make calls to clients who are in soft collection and negotiate repayment arrangements. For those who are in hard collection we transfer to appropriate collection officer.

Build a good rapport with clients and make good positive relationship with them and they feel good about themselves and we are able to make good negotiations of repayments – more... of the debts.
Colleages were good to work with. – less
Great place, but Salary not up to par
Call Quality Coach (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: salary was not up to par
Great work environment
Great opportunities to learn different departments
Management for the most part was fair
Fun workplace
Collector (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: free lunch and various fun activities
Cons: limited opportunities to grow
Learnt great customer service skills
Superior knowledge of credit and Collections
Friendly and helpful peers
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 1, 2012
Pros: great benefits, and bonuses
Cons: bonuses were not always obtainable
I enjoyed working at Citifinancial the first few years that I was there. The business however got a little tougher to enjoy when the economy went down.
Excellent work environment, good benefits, low salary
RESP specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2012
Great opportunities, challenging tasks, fast pace, knowledgeable co-workers ...
great place to work
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKOctober 10, 2012
co-workers were wonderful, excellent management, learned a lot.
Everyday was different
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: helping people with finances
Cons: company downsizing = no advancement
Managed people to help clients find financial solutions to their budgets. Offered loans and mortgages to help consoladate monthly bills to have lower monthly payments. Also, collected monthly payments on a $13 million in receivables. The branch and myself received many awards for sales, collections, and excellant customer service. The job provided advancement – more... to the level of Branch Manager but due to economic situation, the company offered no advancement anymore. I spent rewarding 14 yrs and acquired knowledge and skills that I could use in any job/career I choose. – less
Productive and fun work place
Personal Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee), IDOWU TAYLOR VI LAGOSAugust 9, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: on the spot decision
Calander and people management.

Lovely colleagues

Thinking for my boss was a had nut
Fun Workplace
Benefits are really good
understanding
Great for moving up

June 20, 2012

Hi there. I have an interview for a fund accountant position at Citi next week and was wondering if I could private message you with some general questions about the position and more importantly the interview process. Thanks

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more