Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent
Vice-President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 22, 2015
It is a great place to work with professional and friendly staff who all have the same goal.
Great management team.Excellent opportunities for advancement and great training and development program.
Pros
training
Cons
Challenging and good learning experience
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  MississuagaJuly 16, 2015
Technically challenging environment and had a very good scope for learning.Had exposure to gain domain knowledge. Great and supportive team.
Not a place for tech geeks, boring
Apps Developer Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, CanadaJune 18, 2015
I would not recommend this company to any developer who is looking forward to build a tech career.
At least in the department where I was working (big chunk of the overall IT staff) there were neither really challenging projects nor smart designers/managers.
Pros
Fair salary, Positive relationships with partners from business departments, Overall stability of the organization
Cons
Low technical level of projects, Medium at best level of devs and the majority of team leads which I've contacted with (not 100%), Not fair bonus system
Supportive Seniors and Good Work/Life balance.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioJune 10, 2015
Citi is a Nice place to work. Provides good Work/Life balance and Seniors and supportive. Good timing schedules as well.
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 4, 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2015
There were many different tasks that i would require to perform on a daily basis from developing UAT script and also completed development of telephone mapping charts.

Management were extremely helpful if I came across an issues with my daily tasks.
Woking at Citibank
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 19, 2015
Well organized company to work for. Management maintains good service to their clients. Supportive staff members and safe and clean work environment.
Productive and fun
Financial Reporting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMarch 11, 2015
Learned a lot, great team, good management culture. Fun place to work at.
Worked on compliance reports, monthly and quarterly funds.
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.
Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Pros
excellent training program
Cons
revenue under lot of pressure due to other citi global franchise not making enough revenue
no comment
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Nice bank but issues are not as should be for all the workers. It is not good to discuss issues here. It is good to be a worker for this company.
Pros
lunches
Cons
not organized
good place to learn about products
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  bahrainFebruary 2, 2015
meet new peoples in market and explain about products and selling .
learned working under pressure,always competition between colleagues.daily starting our day with work is enjoyable time
Pros
good team leader
Cons
less salary
Educational
Loan Officer/Branch Executive/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 21, 2014
CitiFinancial is a fantastic place to work but the pay is very low. The training was incrediable and a very fun work environment. I am a single mom and I could not afford to stay working for CitiFinancial which makes me disappointed because the staff and training was amazing.
Pros
great training & learning, 9-7 hours a day, very fast pace, amazing staff.
Cons
low wages, 6mnths till you receive benefits that are expensive, breaks and lunches are hard to take and are frowned upon.
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
productive
Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at Global Credit and Collection Corp. was, starting 8am till our breaks we'd have to be really focused with our calls.
What Global has taught me was great communication skills and how to handle people who did not want to pay their bills.
As for the management, the managers were very kind, but the supervisors were not so lenient. Co-workers were absolutely amazing, very friends and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was to sit in one spot the entire day and just make phone calls.
Pros
there wasn't any pros
Cons
had to be on calls all the time
Good working place
Intermediate Operations/Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, TorontoNovember 10, 2014
My career with CITI is a primary link for communication between representatives and the company. Working with people from diverse background and nationalities require high level of professionalism and confidentiality; I am able to exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy.

My ability to work courteously and effectively with people, set priorities and meet deadlines has equipped me with the skills necessary to make a significant contribution and thrive in a fast paced environment.
very good work place to work
Associate - Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
management and co workers r very supportive,very good team work
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Manage IT projects
Technical Specialist (Vice President) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ONOctober 26, 2014
Starts of with support issues.
The days are very hectric and almost unmanageable in a day. Work most weekends
Pros
new technologies
Cons
too hectic
Productive fun workplace with potential for great monthly bonus.
Senior Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Yorkton, SKOctober 11, 2014
Main part of the job is selling personal loans and mortgages. Soliciting new and present customers to generate business. Challenging part is you have to make collection calls on past due accounts daily.