Citi Employee Reviews

Wonderful workplace!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 9, 2015
Overall, a great place to work! Challenging and rewarding. Compensation packages are great. In a changing time, they are working to adapt and provide lasting service to the clients.
Excellent
Vice-President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 22, 2015
It is a great place to work with professional and friendly staff who all have the same goal.
Great management team.Excellent opportunities for advancement and great training and development program.
Pros
training
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, ONMarch 2, 2016
In Citibank I was able to gain more experience and knowledge about Oracle Databases specially Clusterware and DataGuard.
Good benefits with poor management
GRID DEVOPS SR. TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
It's a tradeoff between the benefits provided with management. Lacks transparency and a big thumbs down for the management style.
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Pros
benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCNovember 1, 2013
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
high stress, competative environment
A rather normal big company
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 15, 2016
it is too big so lack of efficiency. you have to work in a global team environment. good benerfits and vacation and medical plan.
career advancement limited
Bilingual Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  torontoJuly 15, 2013
Pros – Employees have good benefits from the benefits provider

Cons: Excessive work with little support-
bonusses applicable only if you are in middle-senior management,
poor recognition of efforts
benefits
Cons
career advancement
Fast pace Enviroment, Organization skills, Work independently,Team work, Meet deadlines, Diverse workplace, monthly birthday celebration
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2014
A day would begin with planning and organization as every step requires a timeline, no room for errors as this will result in delay of payment to the clients. Your busy from 8:00am-2:30pm, non stop. You must have the ability to multitask with shifting priorities and to work independently.

Co-workers were great, very friendly and always willing to help. My working environment was very multicultural you learned a lot. On special dates (15-31 of the month) payments are greater in volume, so the team comes together to get the job done. All deliverable and timelines are met.

I guess the hardest part of the job was when someone calls in sick, the workload becomes heavy along with shifting priorities.

What I enjoyed was the morning huddle, we would spend 10-15mins to discuss previous day work and current day... very informative. And of course the monthly birthday celebration, every team would come up with a theme for the next celebration...sometimes it became competitive but fun.
Pros
management would provide breakfast every quarter to staff (appreciation)
Cons
had to do more with less people
Good company to work with but company is going through major restructure
Senior Solution Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 26, 2015
Processing on daily basic. Nice people to work with.The most enjoyable part was research and investigate to give correct solution.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Good break
Productive and fun
Financial Reporting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMarch 11, 2015
Learned a lot, great team, good management culture. Fun place to work at.
Worked on compliance reports, monthly and quarterly funds.
Enjoyable place to work with all staff involved in the community. Upper level Management easy to talk to and respectful of employees.
Default Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 16, 2012
In the six years I worked at Citi I had a variety of jobs. For the past 11 months I worked for the United States as a Default Control Assisstant. My day consisted of updating a Mortgage spreadsheet, emailing, phoning or Instant Messaging Business Representatives for their response to a specific mortgage item. Making sure they had all the specific procedures needed to close the item. I was learning about the US and how they make sure they have their procedures in place to be compliant with their laws.

Although we were a virtual team, management was always there for support and encouragement and co-workers we only an email away for any questions you may have had.

This was a job I thoroughly enjoyed. It was very demanding and at times could be frustrating but I found if you did not get the response you needed then it was just a matter of rewording it.

The most enjoyable part of this position was when an item was closed and we could take it off our very long list. I also enjoyed talking to different business representatives, management and co-workers to come up with another way of handling a certain project.
Pros
excellent benefits and friendly place to work.
A Fun Place To Work With
Customer Solutions Officer (Former Employee) –  The Fort, Taguig City PhilipppinesMarch 19, 2014
The management was very accommodating. The fact that there is an open door policy, the managers who handles are making sure that we are capable of our position and they believe in our skills. Benefits and pay was quite good. Having friends at work makes our life easy.
Pros
incentives
Cons
n/a
Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Downtown Montreal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus.
Pros
making new friends and learning something new
Cons
long hours and location
conducive for learning about investments
Operations Representative - Taxation (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2015
It is an international institution where we can learn a lot about backroom administration of investments from opening, maintenance, accounting, taxation up to the closing; and even extended up to the administration of estates.
Career Opportunity
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 3, 2013
ABN AMRO Savings Bank opens my career opportunity, This is my first job w/ an officer position, given more benefits & Priviledges, using branch car for marketing, entertaining clients w/ reimbursement for all expenses incurred & incentives pay for hitting my goals.
Pros
using branch car
Cons
incentives pay
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee) –  New DelhiFebruary 7, 2014
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss...
Pros
citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons
cant think...
Stressful work environment.
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 9, 2014
Responsible for office cash intake. Organized and filed confidential documents. Prepared account statements, loan files, receipts, and bank deposits. Met with clients to discuss potential future business. Sold home, auto, and personal contents insurance while exceeding monthly targets regularly. Answered telephone in a professional manner, and assisted customers with inquires, relayed messages, and scheduled appointments. Reviewed credit bureau and offered effective financial advice. Approved clients for personal, consolidation, equity loans, and second mortgages.
Pros
meeting new people and networking
Cons
long hours, high stress.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto CanadaFebruary 16, 2012
Citi Financial is a great company with a comfortable and friendly working environment. Working for Citi Financial gave me the opportunity to enhance my multitasking abilities and prepared me for future working opportunities. My fellow staff members at that time where nothing but spectacular and where always there to help with any issues I had. Some even took it a step further by sacrificing their breaks to make sure that my work was always done to the best of my abilities.
Pros
investment opportunities
Cons
advancement opportunities were far and few between
Everyday was different
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Managed people to help clients find financial solutions to their budgets. Offered loans and mortgages to help consoladate monthly bills to have lower monthly payments. Also, collected monthly payments on a $13 million in receivables. The branch and myself received many awards for sales, collections, and excellant customer service. The job provided advancement to the level of Branch Manager but due to economic situation, the company offered no advancement anymore. I spent rewarding 14 yrs and acquired knowledge and skills that I could use in any job/career I choose.
Pros
helping people with finances
Cons
company downsizing = no advancement