Citi Employee Reviews

Fun and enjoyable daily work and learning more from training when needed.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
Everyday was enjoyable relationship from management and co-worker. There was more training to be effective in servicing clients. Management were nice and helpful in employees success.
Pros
awards for deserving employees.
Cons
different shifts
Very dependent on management
Securities Processor Level (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Depending on which manager you get can make or break the experience. Over the span of the time I was employed, I had 2 managers. The first I really enjoyed working with, who supported her team. The second was the opposite where everyone fended for themselves, and the manager would not hire new employees to replace those who left. The remaining team had to take on the additional workload with no additional support.

Lots of days of overtime and late nights completing projects/assignments.
Pros
Lots of overtime pay
Cons
Very little social life
Great company
Manager / Team Leader Service Desk, (Former Employee) –  Mississagua7 March 2017
I truly enjoyed my time working at CitiGroup. Management lead by example and openly communicated direction. Each employee was always given opportunities to advance and recognized for your dedication and achievements. Good work life balance. Unfortunately Citigroup is very dedicated to outsourcing as much as possible to India.
Pros
Lots of career opportunities
Cons
Strong outsourcing model
Good work culture and focused for career development
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, PE5 March 2017
- More initiatives for career planning and development
- Trainings for improving personal and inter personal skills
- More focused on processes and sometimes it add the frustrating part of approvals chain
Excellent Systems
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
I had the opportunity to manage several projects, bring in new clients and accounts and contribute to the Company Profitability tremendously
Pros
Porjects
Unhealthy Environment to work
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2017
Unhealthy Environment to work with no opportunities to grow and very minimum salary. The amount of work you put is not sufficient with your salary and your efforts are not being recognized.
great company to work for
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
great company to work for. salary not that high considering the amount of work needed to be done. a lot to learn. and great work environment
Pros
bonus program is great
Cons
salary not that high
Great Financial Institution to work for.
Senior Investor Tax Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
Citi is an employer that understands the importance of job work life balance and offers very competitive salary/benefits.
Pros
flex schedules
Cons
N/A
Nice place to work
Principal Client (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Good workplace culture and balance in work life is perfect. And salary and job security is very nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is, I have learned lot of the stuff about hadoop administration.
Workplace environment
QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
This job has been given the perfect platform to implement my skills and expand my knowledge.
i have a learnt a lot of new things at this work place.
It has been great experience to work here and i am looking for better oppurtunity .
Pros
free drinks
Citi is a good place of work with good people working there.
Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
A typical day is coming in for 8, leaving after 5. Checking emails, working on tasks you need to complete and priotizing the tasks that come up during the day that are more important. I learned that a company of that scale is an incredible monster to try and manage and it can be very difficult to navigate such a landscape as a new employee. Its also easy to burn yourself out trying to make changes in such a large organization that can move at a snails pace.
Branch account executive
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 December 2016
I started working with CitiFinancial in July 2015 in Edmonton and than moved to Brampton branch in March of 2016 job title branch account executive . I Learnt a lot from my job. i enjoy working with my team.
Great people and friendly environment
Senior Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2016
Management was always open to new ideas, feedback and opportunities to help the business thrive. The people from Day 1 made it a great place to work. Opportunities were scarce given the economical environment at Citi (Canadian operations have been for sale for some time). My work was both challenging and rewarding. Legal collections was something I aspired to long before getting the chance to work in that department.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
Low volume of work in recent years
Good place to learn and enhance your skills
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
Overall a nice place to work, office culture and environment is good.
Co workers are helpful and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is you are always busy. I have learned lot of skills and new technologies.
Fast Paced
Payment Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Fast paced Industry, with dead lines and cut off, developing a culture for time management, accuracy and organizational skills. Keeping you sharp and focused. Diverse culture so easy going co workers.Commute is the hardest part of the job. Job satisfaction and skill appreciation is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
vast knowledge
Cons
long commute
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 November 2016
Managing a team of 4 employees. Managing 10 million in PL and RE receivables. Collection calls, Sales calls. Interaction with client. Making financial suggestions and decisions for clients. Compliant to company policies and procedures. Ensure that the team follows the policies and performs ethically. I work with a great TEAM. We are committed to success and providing a warm welcoming branch environment for our clients. Provided a very open and happy working environment for my staff.
Wonderful working envt
QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2016
wonderful working environment, Citi ensures good work and personal life balance. management is friendly and understanding. Loved my time there.
Productive and fun workplace, employee-oriented working environment, pro-employee company, good benefits are being offered,
Banking Officer / Customer Solution Officer (Current Employee) –  Philippines17 October 2016
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Low compensation
Great place to work!
Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
Great culture; encouraged professional development and management was always supportive of new initiatives. Ultimately, it was a fantastic place to spend a part of my career!
Good company to work for with a strong history and great benefits.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
I thoroughly working for Citi. Citi is rich in history and great people. I enjoyed working for a great management team and assisting staff on a day to day basis.
Pros
Great employee rewards such as benefits and recognition programs
Cons
For me was the drive to the Mississauga location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval