Citi
2,601 reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good benefits with poor management
GRID DEVOPS SR. TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
It's a tradeoff between the benefits provided with management. Lacks transparency and a big thumbs down for the management style.
Excellent
Vice-President, Business Development (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: none
It is a great place to work with professional and friendly staff who all have the same goal.
Great management team.Excellent opportunities for advancement and great training and development program.
Not a place for tech geeks, boring
Apps Developer Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ON, CanadaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Fair salary, Positive relationships with partners from business departments, Overall stability of the organization
Cons: Low technical level of projects, Medium at best level of devs and the majority of team leads which I've contacted with (not 100%), Not fair bonus system
I would not recommend this company to any developer who is looking forward to build a tech career.
At least in the department where I was working (big chunk of the overall IT staff) there were neither really challenging projects nor smart designers/managers.
Supportive Seniors and Good Work/Life balance.
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJune 10, 2015
Citi is a Nice place to work. Provides good Work/Life balance and Seniors and supportive. Good timing schedules as well.
overall company morale kept going down
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 4, 2015
They were at a good place back in 2007-2009 after that its been a down hill ride for these guys. hope they recover from there downward spiral soon
Productive and fun
Financial Reporting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMarch 11, 2015
Learned a lot, great team, good management culture. Fun place to work at.
Worked on compliance reports, monthly and quarterly funds.
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.
Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: excellent training program
Cons: revenue under lot of pressure due to other citi global franchise not making enough revenue
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
Educational
Loan Officer/Branch Executive/Administrator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great training & learning, 9-7 hours a day, very fast pace, amazing staff.
Cons: low wages, 6mnths till you receive benefits that are expensive, breaks and lunches are hard to take and are frowned upon.
CitiFinancial is a fantastic place to work but the pay is very low. The training was incrediable and a very fun work environment. I am a single mom and I could not afford to stay working for CitiFinancial which makes me disappointed because the staff and training was amazing.
Great place to work if your are sales motivated.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
Fun work environment, work life balance. Great training programs on sale of insurance, home and auto, personal loan and mortgages. Potential for very generous monthly and quarterly bonus.
Good working place
Intermediate Operations/Client Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, TorontoNovember 10, 2014
My career with CITI is a primary link for communication between representatives and the company. Working with people from diverse background and nationalities require high level of professionalism and confidentiality; I am able to exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy.

My ability to work courteously and effectively with people, set priorities and meet deadlines has equipped me with the skills necessary to make a significant contribution and thrive in a fast paced environment.
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Not Worth It...
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Pros: some of the people were nice and caring...
Cons: back stabbing and blame game
Training was great, however the management is awful...you are a number there...high turnover...supervisors are moved around when they do something wrong or their numbers don't show...
Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee), Downtown Montreal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: making new friends and learning something new
Cons: long hours and location
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus.
generally speaking it is a good company
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
every step is routine. you may feel boring after one year. but you will find the balance of life in this type of company
Fun place
BILINGUAL COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: the hours
I've gained a lot of experience working with citi financial. The workplace was friendly adn welcoming, although there was alot work to do, I still manage to have a great time working there.
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 12, 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations.
Financial Insititution
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), BurlingtonJuly 15, 2014
Has to work on weekend

Aggressive co-worker

Good at training
Large company and many opportunities
Branch Account Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
Interesting to be part of a large company like this one.

Good organizational culture and supportive company for growth and development.
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, hours
Cons: soliciting
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours.

1 2 3

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more