Citi

2.9K reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrific company, grat people and work environment
Funding Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great company, great philosophy
Cons: long, long working hours
Terrific company always taking care of its employees, great people and work environment.
As a funding specialist used to answer phones, file and organized information, do data entry on IBS system, work to support other departments like merchant support and credit department, operate office equipment like copiers or fax machines, use specific programs like Microsoft, Excel and, help with basic accounting functions.
I really love and enjoy the variety of task that I had to go through on a day at work. I learned to be fast and accurate and well-organized.
I learned to develop my work better thanks to all the incredible training offered by the organization.
The hardest par was to work overtime most of the time to meet the deadlines and get the work overload done. We where short staff and we have to deal besides Canada with US and Puerto Rico markets.
The most enjoyable part was the people within the organization and the great feeling of getting the job done and on time.
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
Pros: benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons: long hours, poor pay
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee), Williams Lake, BCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: high stress, competative environment
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail.
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee), Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: gym at work
Cons: no indoor parking
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done.
Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee), Downtown Montreal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: making new friends and learning something new
Cons: long hours and location
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus.
Everyday was different
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: helping people with finances
Cons: company downsizing = no advancement
Managed people to help clients find financial solutions to their budgets. Offered loans and mortgages to help consoladate monthly bills to have lower monthly payments. Also, collected monthly payments on a $13 million in receivables. The branch and myself received many awards for sales, collections, and excellant customer service. The job provided advancement to the level of Branch Manager but due to economic situation, the company offered no advancement anymore. I spent rewarding 14 yrs and acquired knowledge and skills that I could use in any job/career I choose.
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee), New DelhiFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons: cant think...
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss...
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto CanadaFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: investment opportunities
Cons: advancement opportunities were far and few between
Citi Financial is a great company with a comfortable and friendly working environment. Working for Citi Financial gave me the opportunity to enhance my multitasking abilities and prepared me for future working opportunities. My fellow staff members at that time where nothing but spectacular and where always there to help with any issues I had. Some even took it a step further by sacrificing their breaks to make sure that my work was always done to the best of my abilities.
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 12, 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations.
Not a place for tech geeks, boring
Apps Developer Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ON, CanadaJune 18, 2015
Pros: Fair salary, Positive relationships with partners from business departments, Overall stability of the organization
Cons: Low technical level of projects, Medium at best level of devs and the majority of team leads which I've contacted with (not 100%), Not fair bonus system
I would not recommend this company to any developer who is looking forward to build a tech career.
At least in the department where I was working (big chunk of the overall IT staff) there were neither really challenging projects nor smart designers/managers.
Good working place
Intermediate Operations/Client Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, TorontoNovember 10, 2014
My career with CITI is a primary link for communication between representatives and the company. Working with people from diverse background and nationalities require high level of professionalism and confidentiality; I am able to exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy.

My ability to work courteously and effectively with people, set priorities and meet deadlines has equipped me with the skills necessary to make a significant contribution and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, hours
Cons: soliciting
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours.
Educational
Loan Officer/Branch Executive/Administrator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great training & learning, 9-7 hours a day, very fast pace, amazing staff.
Cons: low wages, 6mnths till you receive benefits that are expensive, breaks and lunches are hard to take and are frowned upon.
CitiFinancial is a fantastic place to work but the pay is very low. The training was incrediable and a very fun work environment. I am a single mom and I could not afford to stay working for CitiFinancial which makes me disappointed because the staff and training was amazing.
Result Oriented & fun place to work
Asst. Vice President (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: excellent training program
Cons: revenue under lot of pressure due to other citi global franchise not making enough revenue
Citi is a great place to work due to global growth opportunities it offers. Lots of opportunity to grow & develop your skills in different businesses of Citi. Wonderful training program to enhance skills.
However, Citi Canada revenue always under pressure due to global franchise revenue under lot of pressure.
I enjoyed my career of 8 years at CITI. I am very grateful for all that I have learned there.
Securities Processing Operations Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Checking and responding to various emails, voice message for trade related issues. Processing non-financial & financial trade request that has been assigned by supervisor to be completed within the indicated service level as a team. The hardest part of the job would be RRSP as the work load actually doubles around this time.
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Collections officer
part time work - collector (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 24, 2013
receive and make calls to clients who are in soft collection and negotiate repayment arrangements. For those who are in hard collection we transfer to appropriate collection officer.

Build a good rapport with clients and make good positive relationship with them and they feel good about themselves and we are able to make good negotiations of repayments of the debts.
Colleages were good to work with.
An amazing experience
Retail Development Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMay 29, 2012
Gained a great exposure to the financial world of business.Managed, coordinated, and executed different aspects of income generation and development, where I carried out consultations to customers and potential clients in matters of regulations, lines of credit and insurance, and loans certifications; this included supervising and observing monetary and legal aspects of clients’ dealings
Was an ok company to work for
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Duncan, BCApril 24, 2014
Pros: very flexible with home vs work schedule
Cons: the demands set upon us as employees
I have grown a lot at Citi. Loved the client care aspect of the job and my co workers.
Hardest part about Citi was the cold calls we made to solicit funds and the goals set out to reach each month.
The part I enjoyed the most was when you could help a client re establish there credit and make there life easier financially.
Motivated and Growth oriented professional
Sr. Branch Account Executive (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
I start my day with a positive note and look for business growth. Every day is new experience, like dealing with different clients and different situations and that helps me learn new things every day.
I love to attend morning meetings and conference calls, which keeps you up to date with the growth plans and vision of the company.
Links