Citi
2,097 reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good working place
Intermediate Operations/Client Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, TorontoNovember 10, 2014
My career with CITI is a primary link for communication between representatives and the company. Working with people from diverse background and nationalities require high level of professionalism and confidentiality; I am able to exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and diplomacy.

My ability to work courteously and effectively with people, set – more... priorities and meet deadlines has equipped me with the skills necessary to make a significant contribution and thrive in a fast paced environment. – less
A large global financial instiution which provided the opportunity to work abroad.
Senior Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee), Mississauga ONNovember 6, 2014
At this workplace, some NAVs were struck here but most were outsourced to India. The Fund Accountants in India had workflow deadlines to electronically submit the various reports to myself. I would then review and accept/reject the work submitted. They also prepared Pre-valuation packages. The Final NAVs were prepared here by our local staff.
Not Worth It...
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 5, 2014
Pros: some of the people were nice and caring...
Cons: back stabbing and blame game
Training was great, however the management is awful...you are a number there...high turnover...supervisors are moved around when they do something wrong or their numbers don't show...
Hard worker
Customer service (Former Employee), Downtown Montreal, QCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: making new friends and learning something new
Cons: long hours and location
First thing of the day was log on and check my queues to see if I had change of plans that had to be processed. Would check up on previous days work on customer account to see if it was processed properly. Learned how to process plan changes for customer. did back up for accounting. Checked when customers made payments of over $10 000. Would check for – more... NSF. My co workers were nice people and fun to be around with. When one of us had a problem we would all try to help out. The hardest part of the day was getting to work at 8 am and then finishing at 5pm. Winning employee of the Month twice was really nice and also to get a bonus. – less
generally speaking it is a good company
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
every step is routine. you may feel boring after one year. but you will find the balance of life in this type of company
Fun place
BILINGUAL COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: the hours
I've gained a lot of experience working with citi financial. The workplace was friendly adn welcoming, although there was alot work to do, I still manage to have a great time working there.
Productive, Informative
Senior Securities Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 12, 2014
Processing multimillion dollar securities for world renown financial groups around the globe.
Providing customer service to various financial groups around the globe over the phone and E-media.
Managing the team of eight with daily financial goals and providing solutions to achieve targets in most efficient manner.
Managed day to day operations for – more... the entire team and thoroughly going through daily operations to avoid errors.
Attend management meetings to provide best solutions to managers regarding operations, employees, & day to day operations. – less
Financial Insititution
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), BurlingtonJuly 15, 2014
Has to work on weekend

Aggressive co-worker

Good at training
Large company and many opportunities
Branch Account Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2014
Interesting to be part of a large company like this one.

Good organizational culture and supportive company for growth and development.
Conservative work enviroment
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, hours
Cons: soliciting
I would answer all phone calls, collect all payments, collections, complete loans and mortgages, solicit, filling, all office duties. I learned alot about how to run an office and complete loans and mortgages. My co-workers were encouraging and help ful. The hardest part of my job was the constant soliciting of the same lists. The most enjoyable job – more... was the interaction with the customers and the job its self I enjoyed working in that enviroment and the great hours. – less
Productive atmosphere with great training program
Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioMay 21, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: limited room for advancement
A typical day

• Development and train new and present employees
• Generate new mortgage and personal loan clients
• Maintain existing clients accounts
• Foreclosures and Loss mitigation
• Real Estate and Personal loan underwriting
Fast-paced, covers all aspects of lending
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), OntarioMay 12, 2014
Citi's consumer finance wing dealing with sub-prime lending. At the time the model was aggressive growth, but I believe that slowed down after the financial crisis. Dealt with everything from business development, credit analysis, and managing delinquency.
Was an ok company to work for
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Duncan, BCApril 24, 2014
Pros: very flexible with home vs work schedule
Cons: the demands set upon us as employees
I have grown a lot at Citi. Loved the client care aspect of the job and my co workers.
Hardest part about Citi was the cold calls we made to solicit funds and the goals set out to reach each month.
The part I enjoyed the most was when you could help a client re establish there credit and make there life easier financially.
productive and fun working environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), toronto onMarch 6, 2014
productive and fun working environment good people around
Excellent Job culture
Third Party-Collector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: excellent job culture
Cons: long hours
Really enjoyed working here, was able to be myself. Wish they were still around.
Fun workplace
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2014
Fun environment, lots of work to be done on a daily basis. Not much room for promotion, good bonus and incentives.
customer service and sales culture
Manager trainee (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: management training + bonus
Cons: closing branches
work from 8:30 to 5;00
process loan and mortgage application
offer products and services
cross selling
Very organized and always recognized your hard work
Collector II, MasterCard Collections (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: location
They promoted an excellent opportunity to learn and at the same time management helps by given incentives to make us more productive, creating a good job environment.
Work Hard.. Party Harder was the company's motto..and we followed diligently
Assistant Manager Retail Asset (Former Employee), New DelhiFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: citi made me travel to half of the globe, under their trainning and incentive programme.
Cons: cant think...
Have spent my most valuable and memorable 5 years with Citi-Financial, cherished each day-in and sign-out.

I owe Citi-Fin to teach me importance of balanced work-life, never the less credit goes to company management , policies, colleagues, supervisors and who ever as there as one united family.

The most hardest part was to say bid-adieu to Citi-Fin, – more... after spending 5 glorious years with such a respectful company in my entire tenure.

Each month-end closing is the most what I seriously miss... – less
Nice place with a good atmosphere
Bilingual Intermediate Operation Representative (Current Employee), Hurontario, MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: gym at work
Cons: no indoor parking
When I start my day first I will establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Look at my email or any voicemail to see if I need to do something urgent.
I have learned how to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
I work well alone and I am very much comfortable in a team. All my co-workers like me a lot. I am always ready – more... to help new comers and answer their questions.
The hardest part can be how to deal with an irritated customer. However I have enough experience now to make a customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is when I accomplish a task and/or either a customer or my manager thanks me for a job very well done. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more