Citi Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2017
lots of learning on the job
supportive management and a great HR team
wasn't there for long but there was a lot to do and felt part of a big family from the first day
I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to join this organization
Citi has very competitive, productive and challenging environment along with fun
Senior Branch Account Executive in CitiFinancial (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario Canada21 September 2017
It has a pretty fast paced and fun environment. You are required to achieve targets every month for personal loans, second mortgages, collections and insurances that includes unemployment and disability
Pros
recognition and appreciation for performance
Cons
stress full, No excuses for not hitting targets
love it tell the Americans took over
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
I really loved my job until the fired my boss and brought in the american owners. the changed everything. I started not liking my job.
That's why i enjoy being self-employed. I choose who i work with or for.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible management
Hard work, efficiency, friendy
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Every single day was busy.This place was for the people who handle some pressure because inbound call keep coming in. Clients expectations are high and our team always delivered to that level.
Highly productive and structured workplace
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Interacted with clients to identify any issues regarding service fees Worked with Compliance to resolve any conflicts regarding clients and AML risk.
Maintained a list of Customer Acquisition Due Diligence (CADD)
Environnement de travail
Directrice des comptes (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, QC11 September 2017
Citifinancière a été pour moi un emploi qui m'a permis de développer plusieurs de mes compétences, comme le sens du leadership, le travail d'équipe, l'écoute, donner le meilleur service à la clientèle, être responsable, sens d' appartenance. En résumer Citigroup à été pour moi une école de vie pour un avoir travaillée pendant 37 années.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Meh.
IT Supervisor for Collections (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 September 2017
At the time that I left 8 years ago there was a lot of transition and political activity, compounded by limited communication from executive leadership. That resulted in a lot of anxiety and cynicism among the workforce. Certainly things could have improved since those days.
Its okay
NA (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 September 2017
I worked with a third party so that is not much I could really say about them. From what I saw they seemed pretty professional and their staff that worked directly with them seemed happy.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
pay
Business oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
evening shifts
good management
very by the book and on script
co-workers made the place enjoyable, not a lot of down time.
good work shifts, very easy to learn.
Marketing Intern
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Work culture is quite hectic. They demand a lot from individuals. Even as an intern I was asked to put in extra hour or two some times. Also not much gained from the internship, I was doing the administrative jobs for most part of the internship
Great experience and people - great work enviroment
Exceptions Processing Problem Resolution Rep (Former Employee) –  Missississauga, On25 August 2017
This was a great working environment with plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Training was wkly - lunch and learns were fabulous up to date and friendly. Worked with a great group of people and management. Supportive friendly. Miss the work today.
Pros
training, support and staff
Cons
travel 1.5 hrs away from home on a good day
Fast paced, great learning experience
Summer Analyst - Institutional Equity Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2017
Fully immersed on the Sales desk. Amazing team dynamics. Given lots of opportunity and responsibility for a summer analyst. Incredible exposure to the top research analysts at the firm.
Pros
Meet with top investment managers in the country
Cons
Great people, great work environment
Bilingual Senior Securities Processor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2017
To be honest, it was the best group of people whom I ever had the pleasure of working with. The best culture, ethics, and projects. A lot of diversity.
Best leaders/mentors, operations environment is not as great
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
I met some great leaders at Citi, and learnt tremendously from them. However, in operations, staff are not as smart and efficient; they are not as willing to learn and improve either. It is overall disappointing.
Pros
Leaders are inspiring
Cons
Staff are lay back
Fantastic
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Sindh15 August 2017
My experience in Citi Bank was absolutely fantastic, I loved the culture there, My colleagues and bosses were all very nice people. The environment was fast paced but thoroughly enjoyable and learning. There were good advancement possibilities and incentives were high.
A stressful place to work in.
NETWORK INTEGRATION AND BUILD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2017
I was managed by a very demanding boss. I was fresh off the boat in Asia Pacific projects doing Data Centre maintenance and integration of new services, when I was plunged to the deep end of external client service integration without any knowledge of the present infrastructure. I had a difficult time to adjust and the learning curve was very steep without any encouragement from my present team. I was able to survive it through.
Pros
The later work office was in Canary Wharf which is nearer to my home.
Cons
Initial travel time to Lewisham office is quite long.
great working environment
Credit Reviewer (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region8 August 2017
I primary job is to review and approve loan application coming from our branches. basically my responsibility is to make sure that all loan application is done prior to our credit policy. My stay in Citifinancial helps me develop my decision making in terms of credit underwriting work. I enjoyed my time because Citifinancial has a good working environment that practice professionalism.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
requires 6 days of work
Great place to work and learn and progress but....
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2017
Too much of work pressure and working 10 hrs is a norm and expectation from the management though you are only paid for 7.5 hours. Weekends are also tight. this might not be entirely true if you are working on the development or any other team. Support teams are fully loaded. Salaries are just good enough but not at par with the market. No work-life balance!!
Pros
free car parking
Cons
less salary, more work including weekends, no personal life as you grow up
Nice place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL7 July 2017
Citifinancial was a great place to work. A big corporation that treated their employees with respect and rewarded them for a job well done. I loved my time working with them.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyable work culture
Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
I learnt a great deal about working in teams. Excellent training programs. Great work culture. Approachable upper management. Numerous learning opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.