Citi Employee Reviews in Canada

Wonderful workplace!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 9, 2015
Overall, a great place to work! Challenging and rewarding. Compensation packages are great. In a changing time, they are working to adapt and provide lasting service to the clients.
Not a place for tech geeks, boring
Apps Developer Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, CanadaJune 18, 2015
I would not recommend this company to any developer who is looking forward to build a tech career.
At least in the department where I was working (big chunk of the overall IT staff) there were neither really challenging projects nor smart designers/managers.
Pros
Fair salary, Positive relationships with partners from business departments, Overall stability of the organization
Cons
Low technical level of projects, Medium at best level of devs and the majority of team leads which I've contacted with (not 100%), Not fair bonus system
fun workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Citi Financial is a great place to learn how to run a business, everything from selling loans and mortgages, to collecting and admin. There is a lot of room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the clients and the staff. I learned everything I need to know to go into any business and be comfortable in a team setting and lead a group of people.
Pros
good work culture
Inbound Customer Service
Customer Service Representative Visa Card Centre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2016
Evening Shift
Credit Operations
Fair, kind management
Friendly and supportive co-workers
Rude clients
Friendly, interesting clients
Pros
Quick raises, full benefits
Cons
Waiting 2 years to join group pension
Big US bank.. little to no concern for culture, employees or Non-US countries
VP (Former Employee) –  CanadaMay 19, 2016
heavily influenced by US with little concern or care of Canada
promotions difficult to come by in Canada given smaller size
Salaries are reasonable but raises and bonuses are below market.
Pros
pay is reasonable
Cons
horrible culture, ridiculous bureaucracy
co-works were geat
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONAugust 21, 2016
great team of co-workers, including management. typical day consisted of sales and collection,as well as customer service and administration. Some long hours
Pros
benefits, long lunch, incentives
Cons
Good benefits with poor management
GRID DEVOPS SR. TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
It's a tradeoff between the benefits provided with management. Lacks transparency and a big thumbs down for the management style.
A nice working place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 1, 2016
It a nice workplace where we had our gym and Tim Hortons coffee shop and lots of facilities. I had worked in collections where i acquired a lot of experiences
Pros
35.7 hrs time shift
Cons
Shift rotation
good benefits
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BCAugust 21, 2016
I worked in a smll branch and in no position to speak for most employees regarding the work atmosphere but I can say the company have good pay and benefits
Boring
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2016
An average day at work consists of 100 solicit telephone calls and 100 collection calls. I do not find the job very stimulating
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Too many calls
A very competitive Global Bank
Assistant Vice President / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Changi Business Park, SingaporeFebruary 1, 2016
A recommended employer in Banking industry. I was able to work with a very talented individuals. I can say that Citibank direction is to thrive and offer the best digital service in banking industry.
I enjoyed my career of 8 years at CITI. I am very grateful for all that I have learned there.
Securities Processing Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Checking and responding to various emails, voice message for trade related issues. Processing non-financial & financial trade request that has been assigned by supervisor to be completed within the indicated service level as a team. The hardest part of the job would be RRSP as the work load actually doubles around this time.
Fast paced environment with lots of management support
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NBOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work involved sales meetings, collection calling, sales calls, processing loans, taking payments, problem solving, and quality control.
I learned that getting to know your customer and their needs ensures they get the best possible service and products.
My manager was supportive, flexible and approachable.
My co-workers were easy to get along with,but when issues surfaced, we dealt with them immediately and responsibly.
The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from people who did not intend to pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you helped a customer get their finances back on track and building relationships.
Pros
benefits, vacation, in house incentives
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Motivated, Determine, Productive
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
It is very interesting. Good work culture. I learn how to communicate better with Managers, they are friendly. The coworkers makes the job great.
Pros
Reasonable price lunch
Cons
slow elevators
Very professional environment, but management sometimes is lacking knowledge
Analyst - Client Implementation (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 31, 2016
Very fast paced environment, challenging.
Recent changes including moving parts of the business overseas, impacted the flow of processes and eficiency.
Pros
flexible hours
Exciting, challenging and growth-conducive
Jr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2016
Great workplace and a platform to learn about Canadian Financial marketplace. Job hours could be challenging, overall a productive place to learn and grow.
Demanding sales in a very competitive, financial meriocracy.
Sr. account manager (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCNovember 1, 2013
High stress work environment regulated by meritocracy. I learned a great deal of the realities of the lending industry that demands unrealistic results in a volatile market. Problem solving, team work + results are demanded. The most rewarding part of the job is when someone hugs you, crying , thanking you for helping them. The comradeship is highly competitive as this is the basis of the meritocracy and is encouraged. After 13 yrs. of dedication to this type of employment, I am looking for new employment that will allow me to use my sales + customer service skills in a capacity more related to my previous sales experiences, in food and retail.
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
high stress, competative environment
n/a
Tax & AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 18, 2016
it is not a great place to work, management is not great, culture is not great, limited room to grow. overall I would not recommend it to anyone.
Nice management
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 15, 2015
Prepare financial reports and profit allocation statements, including the calculation of “net asset value”
To perform different kind of fees calculations such as Management fees and Performance fees as outlined in the Prospectus.
Perform Cash reconciliations, position reconciliations, compliance check.
Ensuring all trades, dividends are inputted accurately and in a timely manner to the appropriate client portfolios on a daily basis.
Process various types of general ledger entries for payments and transactions.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, ONMarch 2, 2016
In Citibank I was able to gain more experience and knowledge about Oracle Databases specially Clusterware and DataGuard.