Citi Employee Reviews

Great company
Manager / Team Leader Service Desk, (Former Employee) –  Mississagua7 March 2017
I truly enjoyed my time working at CitiGroup. Management lead by example and openly communicated direction. Each employee was always given opportunities to advance and recognized for your dedication and achievements. Good work life balance. Unfortunately Citigroup is very dedicated to outsourcing as much as possible to India.
Pros
Lots of career opportunities
Cons
Strong outsourcing model
Nice place to work
Principal Client (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Good workplace culture and balance in work life is perfect. And salary and job security is very nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is, I have learned lot of the stuff about hadoop administration.
Great Financial Institution to work for.
Senior Investor Tax Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
Citi is an employer that understands the importance of job work life balance and offers very competitive salary/benefits.
Pros
flex schedules
Cons
N/A
Great place to work!
Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2016
Great culture; encouraged professional development and management was always supportive of new initiatives. Ultimately, it was a fantastic place to spend a part of my career!
Fast Paced
Payment Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Fast paced Industry, with dead lines and cut off, developing a culture for time management, accuracy and organizational skills. Keeping you sharp and focused. Diverse culture so easy going co workers.Commute is the hardest part of the job. Job satisfaction and skill appreciation is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
vast knowledge
Cons
long commute
Good company to work for with a strong history and great benefits.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
I thoroughly working for Citi. Citi is rich in history and great people. I enjoyed working for a great management team and assisting staff on a day to day basis.
Pros
Great employee rewards such as benefits and recognition programs
Cons
For me was the drive to the Mississauga location.
Great people and friendly environment
Senior Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2016
Management was always open to new ideas, feedback and opportunities to help the business thrive. The people from Day 1 made it a great place to work. Opportunities were scarce given the economical environment at Citi (Canadian operations have been for sale for some time). My work was both challenging and rewarding. Legal collections was something I aspired to long before getting the chance to work in that department.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
Low volume of work in recent years
co-works were geat
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 August 2016
great team of co-workers, including management. typical day consisted of sales and collection,as well as customer service and administration. Some long hours
Pros
benefits, long lunch, incentives
Cons
Productive & fun enviroment allows individuals to progress
Citibank at Work Business manager (Former Employee) –  Int.12 September 2016
we start with checking any pending issues, this happens thru email screening, then daily routine of checking on KPIs, the required activities, sales team in place, customer visits, product discussions and pending approvals.
Then depends on which part are we in the month, sales and distribution activity might be a more occupying activity.
Also depends on which part are we in the year focus might be on budget exercises.
I learned a lot on product, budgeting, leadership and a lot of what really matters.
Management allows people to excel and even if they are not believing they make sure individuals get a fair chance to demonstrate success.
- The hardest was to control the resistance of frequent changes.
- The best part was learning and achieving new records
Pros
flex working hours
Cons
frequent changes
Inbound Customer Service
Customer Service Representative Visa Card Centre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
Evening Shift
Credit Operations
Fair, kind management
Friendly and supportive co-workers
Rude clients
Friendly, interesting clients
Pros
Quick raises, full benefits
Cons
Waiting 2 years to join group pension
Fun Workplace
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philippines21 September 2016
Enjoying everyday at work, my co - workers as well as my manager are like family. We work as a team, and we resolve conflicts easily. Being on time and patient is one of the rule of our management
Pros
Can easily ask for leaves/absence
fun workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
Citi Financial is a great place to learn how to run a business, everything from selling loans and mortgages, to collecting and admin. There is a lot of room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the clients and the staff. I learned everything I need to know to go into any business and be comfortable in a team setting and lead a group of people.
Pros
good work culture
n/a
Branch Account executive l (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
The Salary, hours and benefits are great as well as the kind of clients that the place has however management is poor.
over all i would recommend this company
as their work ethic is good.
Branch account executive
Branch Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 December 2016
I started working with CitiFinancial in July 2015 in Edmonton and than moved to Brampton branch in March of 2016 job title branch account executive . I Learnt a lot from my job. i enjoy working with my team.
Productive and fun workplace, employee-oriented working environment, pro-employee company, good benefits are being offered,
Banking Officer / Customer Solution Officer (Current Employee) –  Philippines17 October 2016
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Low compensation
Good work culture and focused for career development
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, PE5 March 2017
- More initiatives for career planning and development
- Trainings for improving personal and inter personal skills
- More focused on processes and sometimes it add the frustrating part of approvals chain
Unhealthy Environment to work
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2017
Unhealthy Environment to work with no opportunities to grow and very minimum salary. The amount of work you put is not sufficient with your salary and your efforts are not being recognized.
Big US bank.. little to no concern for culture, employees or Non-US countries
VP (Former Employee) –  Canada19 May 2016
heavily influenced by US with little concern or care of Canada
promotions difficult to come by in Canada given smaller size
Salaries are reasonable but raises and bonuses are below market.
Pros
pay is reasonable
Cons
horrible culture, ridiculous bureaucracy
great company to work for
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
great company to work for. salary not that high considering the amount of work needed to be done. a lot to learn. and great work environment
Pros
bonus program is great
Cons
salary not that high
Very dependent on management
Securities Processor Level (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
Depending on which manager you get can make or break the experience. Over the span of the time I was employed, I had 2 managers. The first I really enjoyed working with, who supported her team. The second was the opposite where everyone fended for themselves, and the manager would not hire new employees to replace those who left. The remaining team had to take on the additional workload with no additional support.

Lots of days of overtime and late nights completing projects/assignments.
Pros
Lots of overtime pay
Cons
Very little social life

81%