The Team Lead is responsible for the supervision of the LPN’s and Healthcare Aides and is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of Citadel Village. The Team Lead must be able to function with limited supervision and partnering as required with Wellness Manager.
Delivers resident-focused care within full scope of practice of a LPN, in a home-like environment, respecting the individuality and dignity of each resident/family and co-workers including the completion of the following duties:
1. Responsible for regular and ongoing communication to team members to ensure they are well informed about current activities, resident status, changes in assignments and daily routines.
2. Assisting with the coordination of students for training, responsibility for training, orientation, competency assessment with Wellness Manager.
3. Care Evaluations for Marketing on Independent Residents.
4. Tour of potential DAL Residents.
5. Responsible for supervising and providing leadership to LPN and HCA teams while on shift to ensure AHS and Advantage Assist standards for DAL and private care are met.
6. Partner with Wellness Manager to ensure effective employee relations, conflict resolution and action plans as required.
7. Participation in weekly meetings including but not limited to Wellness Manager, Community Administrator, Recreation Therapist, Client Care Coordinator, Physicians and Pharmacy.
8. Maintains a professional standard of discretion and confidentiality.
9. Provides leadership or assistance as required in emergency situations.
10. Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and business functions of the facility.
11. Partner with Wellness Manager to ensure all requirements are met, audits completed and effective and thorough follow up.
12. Audit processes, suite cleaning, resident care, Risk Assessment etc.
13. Projects as assigned by Wellness Manager.
14. To be on-call as required.
15. Other duties as required.
Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing with current license to practice as an LPN in the Province of Alberta.
Two years of nursing experience in an assisted living environment is preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology, practical nursing theory, and practice.
Ability to apply therapeutic treatment as prescribed.
Ability to supervise, direct, and train a staff of LPN’s and Health Care Aides.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports and routine business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff and residents.
Ability to maintain schedules.
Demonstrated decision making and problem solving abilities.
Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills. Ability to work both independently and in partnership with both internal and external contacts.
Must have a strong understanding of the English language.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Proficient with Internet Explorer.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
The ability to work independently and as part of a health care team.
A commitment to life-long learning.
Understanding, patient, gentle, and non-judgmental.
Mature and dependable.
Outstanding resident care focus.
Willing and able to keep information about residents confidential.
Respect the resident’s right to privacy and to be treated with dignity.
Other Bona-Fide Occupational Requirements:
Physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of the position (may be required to lift, move, push, or pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds).
The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic/caustic chemicals, bodily fluids, etc.
Ability to work on his/her feet for a complete shift while constantly bending, stretching, walking, lifting or moving things.
A current and clear Criminal Records Check is required for all new site-based employees.
Physically capable of performing assigned duties within a flexible work schedule inside a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation.
This position is permanent full-time, Monday - Friday. The successful candidate must be able to work evenings, nights, and weekends, as required.
Citadel Village offers a competitive compensation package.