Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Citadel Drilling Ltd. (“Citadel”) is currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Payroll and Benefits Administrator (PBA) based out of the Calgary corporate office. The PBA will report directly to the CFO, working closely with the Controller and all levels of management.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Citadel was recently formed to focus on the deployment of a fleet of technologically advanced automated AC drilling rigs to service the deep horizontal and self-moving pad specific markets in western Canada. We provide a dynamic working environment that encourages professional growth, personal development opportunities for career advancement, and a competitive compensation package.
About the Payroll and Benefits Administrator position
The PBA will be responsible for a full cycle payroll system, coupled with the administration of the employee group benefit plan. As a new Company, other duties in finance and administration will be assigned as they arise
- Administration of a full cycle payroll system ensuring strict compliance with all governing legislation, payroll tax reporting deadlines, policies, procedures, regulations and standards of practice;
- Ensure payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Review and import Rig Tour sheets and manual time cards into the payroll system;
- Conduct reviews of computed amounts for accuracy through audit reports and make necessary adjustments.
- Work closely with Finance and Human Resources on all payroll related issues;
- Administration of taxable benefits i.e. - vehicle allowances and certain benefits;
- Prepare various payroll reports, journal entries, reconcile workers compensation and payroll taxes;
- Handle all garnishments, deductions, and vacation/sick accruals;
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll and benefit matters;
- Prepare, verify, process client invoices and perform account reconciliations;
- Perform account reconciliations and carry out collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines;
Additional and Shared Responsibilities
- Assist with accounts payable function;
- Other accounting tasks and monthly reconciliations as required;
- Cross train and provide vacation / leave coverage to Accounts Payable / Office Coordinator
Qualification, Skills and Education Requirements
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a payroll and benefits administration or manager role;
- Applicants holding a PCP certificate or equivalent will be given preference;
- Applicants with oil and gas drilling company experience preferred;
- First-rate computer skills in relevant software applications;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- Demonstrated client service skills.
We want to thank everyone for applying. However only those applicants possessing the required knowledge and experience will be considered and contacted.