CIT

CIT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great comapny
Consultant (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAJanuary 24, 2015
great company in every way. no problems except workload is intermittent.
Premier Cash Operations Specialist (Current Employee), JacksonvilleJanuary 23, 2015
• Post daily lockbox for accounts with a net of 5 million or higher
• Maintain files off all cash, wires and overnight checks
• Prepare daily accounting and balance reports for wires and ACH payments
• Prepare reports monthly for all customers on cost and invoice
• Reconcile all premier accounts and accounting errors
• Prepare spreadsheet and graphs for annual payments from customers
Wonderful experience and working environment
Chain Store Cash Applier (Former Employee), Danville, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: working space
Although it was sometimes stressful, the reward of being able to balance a multi million dollar down to zero was indescribable. My co-workers and supervisors provided a family type atmosphere where I loved going to work. The hardest part of the job was working on a check and getting it down to within a few cents of balancing and not being able to find it.
Outdoor relaxing summer job
Camp Counselor, Counselor In Training (Former Employee), Long Lake, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: outdoors
A CIT is a Counselor In Training, and we aren't assigned into an area we go to different areas and help the area directors with different needs.

Go to breakfast, head to program area spend 3 hours there . (break) Help close up and head to lunch. (break) Proceed back to the program area for afternoon program that changes everyday of the week. (break) Help close up and head to dinner. Proceed back to the program area for evening program depends on the day of activity. The rest of the evening is of your choosing, then go to bed and the cycle repeats.

This was my first job so I learned a lot in this position.

We all have disagreements with each other but we get along so we can work together. I like working with the other guys and girls on staff.

Being in the outdoors 24/7 with practical no cell service.
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Livingston, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Great place to work, excellent management, company going in the right direction. Learned a lot in my time here. Compensation is decent. Could be better. Great training program.
Very good
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee), Livingston, NJDecember 11, 2014
very good company to work with.. the infrastructure was very good.. that's good place to lift our career growth up.
Some managers behave unprofessionally, are rude and belittling employees. Not a good company to work for!
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Livingston, NJDecember 5, 2014
This company rarely promotes from within. The management let go around 25% of people, gave the remaining people their work and a lot of new projects in addition to what it was before and basically does not care when and how the employees will do it. It is a sweatshop with terrible managers. Most of the managers are good specialists but have no social skills which makes it very difficult working with them.
Vendor Management
Vendor Account Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2014
Relationship Management, Processing, Documentation Review, Credit Review and funding of deals.
Generally good work conditions for first 10 years
Data Center Facilites Manager (Former Employee), Livingston, NJOctober 26, 2014
CIT originally was very employee supportive with training and benetits.
As the company transtitioned over the years employees were let go replaced by contractors.
Horrible Management
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee), CharlotteOctober 7, 2014
Pros: come and go as you please, you can be late when needed, listen to music and headphones your entire shift of work, watch movies and play games on a tablet or cell phone, call out or not even call if you can not come in.
Cons: management is horrible in lockbox.
Worked on contract for a year and 9 months..Never missed a day of work, was never late and never asked for any days off. A job position came open and another person was selected even though she is not fluent in English and her emails have to proof read by another team member before being sent out because she can not put sentences together in English. When calls are needed to make for repair on transport machines again another team member has to do the work and make the call because she doesnt understand alot of words spoken in English. Management is AWFUL!! I can not stress this enough however the job is very flexible and again managment does not pay attention to anything that is going on. Weekend work is great because you come in as you please and do as you please. Even though you are hired to work certain hours the people I work with come dragging in when they want. You can go to break or lunch whenever and however long you choose because again management has no concerns. Never have I seen a company like this. It is almost too good to be true as long as you can deal with a manager that lies and covers things up. When a higher up manager comes down from upstairs we are told before hand to make sure we put all contraband in an empty trash can under our desk before they get here. HR is a complete joke and takes nothing serious for their employees. So much stuff is hidden and covered up so the top dogs do not see. You will never have advancement unless you were here first. The positions that open up are for temps that have been here the longest . IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JOB PERFORMANCE! Never have I seen a company of this manner. I think they hire straight off the street because several people I have worked with have come to work high on drugs, drunk and hungover and come in pajamas pants and tshirt.
Interactive company in the middle-market with alot of room for growth
Summer Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of extensive market research, work with balance sheets, some interaction with clients and group projects with other interns.
Management Position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARSeptember 27, 2014
This worker was a great opportunity and experience that have helped me understand the role of management. It was an rewarding job that focus on great customer service.
Day at Work
Cash In Transit Officer (Former Employee), AucklandSeptember 17, 2014
Working for Icon Security ltd involved myself picking up money from different retail and electronic stores and depositing it at banks throughout Auckland. This was a very trusting job that required time management to be essential as i had to do all the jobs by the time the banks closed.
Fun place to work filled with new learning experiences
Accounting and Logistics Manager (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: new learning experiences
Cons: moving back to us
I was managing the front and back end of the office, help the accountant with payroll. Handled operations for daily to day service needs.
Lateral move are available
Senior Accountant, Global Accounting Operation (Former Employee), Livingston, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn
Cons: reconstruction so many times and let people go more often.
This is a good place to work for, there are many training class during a year such as systems up date, excel or word new version....If we want to move to a different dept. to work to be able to learn more how the company is doing business, there are lateral move available
Great experience
Consultant/Summer Intern (Current Employee), Livingston, NJSeptember 3, 2014
It was a great way to start my career. It was my first time being in a corporate environment and I was able see a wonderful example.
Filled a Need
Migrant Ed Tutor, Anchorage School District (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 9, 2014
Pros: services filled a need
Cons: off hours (weekends/evenings/summers)
Their work with homeless/transient students and families was beneficial to not only to clients but to the community and neighborhoods as well.
Great place to learn and build fundamentals
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
High exposure to management and all around good experience.
Nice
Deli Assistant, Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Bishopstown, CJune 21, 2014
Good, nice place to work. The people are the most enjoyable part of my working day. The least enjoyable part are the conflicts in the workplace.
CIT has changed a lot in the last few years
Vice President (Former Employee), Livingston, NJJune 16, 2014
CIT has changed a lot in the last few years. it is not a rewarding workplace anymore

1 2 3 4 5

About CIT

Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $35 billion in financing and leasing assets. It – Read more