Cisco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2014
Cisco is an amazing place to work. Fast past opportunities for advancement and great people to work with.
Cutting Edge Technology
A, as Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2014
Motivating
Work culture is good. Team management works well
Productive and Fun palce to work
Sr.Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 11, 2014
Pros: very good tema building activities
It is a very good place to work where you were given a freedom to express yourself in terms of work and sucess or failure of that work is always backed up by the manager.
An excellent company to work for
Project Coordinator - Global Onboarding Lead (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 11, 2014
Cisco is an excellent company to work for. The culture and environment are exceptional. I gained many skills while at Cisco since they offer excellent training opportunities.
Good experience
PC (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 11, 2014
No job security, very bad condition your company is merged with cisco, you will never become cisco
Senior PCB Design Engineer (Former Employee), San JoseNovember 10, 2014
Pros: healthcare, free coffee, free lunch
A typical day at work has been amazing I met so many great people. My job provided me with problems, but every time I encountered one I would always be able to find a resolution for me. The management at Cisco is amazing. Each of my bosses were understandable with the situation I had. My coworkers are amazing people even though we don't work together – more... anymore we still maintain contact with each other. The hardest part of the job for me was juggling the projects I had at the same time. My most enjoyable part of the job is when I have completed my job on the boards I was assigned to. – less
Perfect networking parter
Operations lead (Current Employee), bangaloreNovember 8, 2014
Heading a team size of 70 technical engineers
Handling engineers at multiple remote location at Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Gurgaon, Chennai for CISCO external partner site.
Handling asset inventory at remote location & Quarterly audit for external IT location.
Handling Audio video support for INDIA CISCO locations. (Reactive support)
Plan, organize, – more... direct, control and evaluate the operations of the internal Local IT for CISCO.
Analyzing and tracking the performance of the engineers on weekly /monthly basis and fine tune for best performance.
Provide direct supervision to a team of system administrators operating of IT Services
Follow, Change Management and Incident Management using GDM, isecure &remedy tool and adhere to internal procedures.
Schedule and monitor activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion
Ensure customer satisfaction by providing best solutions and ensuring SLAs are met.
Resource Planning, Team building and mentoring etc.
Set the goals of engineers, provide the performance feedback and discuss areas of improvement
Identify the knowledge gaps and provide sufficient trainings to team members
Meet with client to discuss resource requirements, SLA, engineer performance, metrics, people issues, rewards and recognition.
Interviewing the new candidates referred by IBM and giving feedback for the same
Planning and scheduling the shifts for the team on weekly basis and managing the leave requests from the team
Ensure customer satisfaction by providing best solutions and ensuring SLAs are met – less
Software Engineer I (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 8, 2014
Normal professional work culture.
Good benefits.
Leadership changes very often.
A very bad experience.
Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: mostly poor management.
Could not have been more unhappy. Long hours. No appreciation for my efforts.
Great Company
Support Engineer (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: ability to move around the company
Cons: work life balance
Great Place to work.
A typical work day is starting your shift around 0700 - 0800. Taking cases, working with customers, working on your back log, communicating with other departments within the organization until your shift is over or until your work is done.
big and slow
UC IT Service Lead Strategy and Planning (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: job stability, work life balance
Cons: minimal impact/empowerment, slow moving.
All decisions are collective. 50-200 votes required for even simple decisions can slow things down.
Job roles are narrow, so relatively easy.
Fast-paced life
Security Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 5, 2014
Daily troubleshooting on Customer issues and resolve customer problems. Learned Cisco Security products and improvised my skill sets.
Great place to learn and grow
Network Consulting Engineer, Advanced Services (Current Employee), Krakow, PolandNovember 4, 2014
Pros: learning, colleagues
Cons: compensation is average
Cisco Advanced Services offers great exposure to some of the most complex projects in the networking domain. You get to work on large and complex assignments. The quality of people inside the firm is tremendous and there is no limit to how much you can learn from your peers and the ecosystem.
Productive with satisfaction of working
EPIC-External Partner Integration Centre (Current Employee), Pune, MHNovember 4, 2014
1. A day at work is full of experiences technically and knowledge based.
Productive and very virtual work place
Engagement Manager (Former Employee), One Penn Plaza, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: very flexible work practices
Cons: always minimal supervision no training very siloed
you are the owner of your own destiny, they have been engaging in company down sizes for the last 4 years , not very diverse .
Fun workplace
Financial Analyst (secondment) (Former Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 3, 2014
Flexible working hours, coffee machine available, ping pong table available. After client meetings usually there is a food left and they invite employees for open buffet.
What it's like to work at Cisco
Tier 2 Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2014
Cisco is a great place to work with a great culture and diversity.
Currently Working in Cisco TAC, Have > 6 years of experience. Holding a CCIE # 44306 in Security certificate.
Customer Support Engineer (Cisco TAC) (Current Employee), bangalore,IndiaOctober 31, 2014

Current Location : India
Okay work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2014
okay company. too many Indian contractors. very biased company.
IT Engineer I (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 30, 2014
Great place great people Learned a lot of new technologies and worked with some of the smartest people.

About Cisco

Are you changing the world? We are. Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and – Read more