Pros: great team, positive atmosphere, great corporate experience, real project involvement
Cons: short term, initial technical issues
Typical work day involved answering phone calls within the call center and resolving issues revolving around payroll.
Management and mentoring was strong and help was always a click away, co-workers were very helpful and the greatest things I learned were:
- vocal control during phone calls
- dealing with stressed individuals while keeping my cool
- – more... learning to be resourceful and finding answers on my own
- learning to deal with limited information
- understanding that ambiguity is a default state in a problem solving role
Most difficult part of the job was learning all the details surrounding the payroll issues in a short period of time as it was an internship and the best part of the job was the team and people, they were very kind and always lending a helping hand even when they themselves were swamped with work.
Mentoring provided was awesome! – less