Cisco Employee Reviews

After many years at Cisco - in the past 5 years there have been so many layoffs of excellent personnel - has become a not too good place to work anymo
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Kanata, Ontario24 September 2014
1. Too many layoffs of good personnel
2. No raises in the past ten years
3. No COL increase ever
4. Too much pressure on individual employees
Pros
good health benefits, yearly bonus
Cons
no raises or COL increases
Test Lead Role
4. Creating Test Plan, Test Strategies and Test Suites
5. Collaborating automation test team
Nice and Responsible Manager, friendly colleague
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2014
Work with team for different project. Professional management
Best work environment in this industry
Network Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  toronto24 January 2014
There is no place better than Cisco to work. No office politics and your peers respect you.
Product and fun place work place
Network Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2013
Product and fun place work place.
Learn many technologies here for core and edge networking.
It is a great place to learn new things everyday
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2013
This job requests both accounting, finance knowledge/skills and up to date understanding to business practice and new technologies. To provide accurate finance forecast, this job need to follow big project progress and pipeline managment closely. Required effective communicate with business team on daily basis. To provide solid finance analysis, this role need to have strong skills of data mananagment and problem solving.Support business growth wtih limited budget resources is the hardest part of this job, but it is also the most enjoyable part of the job, it needs finance people to show the talent of professional and business.
Pros
Flexible working hours and trust based managment
Cons
End up with long working hours
One of the Best
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  UAE15 April 2013
True professional, fun and passionate
Meetings, presentations, Emails, workshops and designs
Management varies
Hardest part is time management and pressure management
Best part is closing multi-million dollar deals
Pros
everything not a con
Cons
long hours and pressure
Enterprise / Java / Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / E-Commerce
IT Project Manager / IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  CA15 March 2013
Forward-thinking and value-driven professional with a progressive career path consist of over 10 years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Business Analysis and Application Development. Instrumental in advancing time-sensitive initiatives through expert leadership of teams and processes, with a reputation for developing innovative solutions that address both immediate and long- team goals. Skilled communicator, relationship-builder with ability to translate objectives and serve as a vital partner to clients and organizational leaders. Administer cross functional teams leading to increased leadership responsibilities.
Great place to work at
Sr. Project Manager (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2013
Cisco Canada is really a great place to work at. I've been working there for almost 1 1/2 years as a contractor in AS SP team managing the deployment of 3G SGSN/ 4G LTE network for two major Canadian wireless operators. The atmosphere in the office is very friendly. Most of the co-workers I've dealt with are very open-minded and are easy to deal with. I really enjoy working with them. I wish I could be able to work there for many years... but, unfortunately, all projects have their beginnings and their ends.
Cisco
Receptionist, Junior Project Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2013
My typical day at work would be coming in taking phones off voice mail, turn on computer, may fresh coffee, unload and load dishwasher, make sure all conference rooms are clean.

Answer phone when calls come in. Organized in bound mail and make sure it gets to the right person. Ship all out bound mail also.
I enjoyed a lot working in Cisco Systems Canada
Junior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2012
It was really a fun working in Cisco Systems Canada. I have learnt a lot..Simply awesome..
Global Manager, Data, Governance & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2012
recognized as a world best to work for this compnay creaees motivation and innovatin in its employees.
Pros
global
Productive place with video conference system. Very good family benefits.
Customer Service Specialist Advocate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2012
At first it was Scientific Atlanta and then Cisco. I can not stress enough how exiting and challenging my job was at SA and Cisco.
I loved working for both SA and Cisco because both companies were committed and loyal to their customers.
Cisco Systems is very fast technology growing company and it has very rewording programs for their employees.

My management was extremely hallepful in my accomplishments to gain customers loyalty.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I received thank you notes from my customers after I managed to provide last minute service to their clients.

The hardest part of the job was when I left the company
Pros
honesty in dealing with customers