Cisco

Cisco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work if you want to sell your soul
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 28, 2014
Great place for compensation, but no training, advancement or integrity.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Field Sales Admin/Vendor Management/ Executive (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 28, 2014
Cisco Systems, Inc. is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create Internet solutions so that individuals, companies, and countries have seamless access to information - regardless of differences in time and place.
It helped to learn a timely exchange of information, which in – more... turn lead to cost savings, process efficiencies, and closer relationships with customers, prospects, business partners, suppliers, and co-workers. – less
JAVA
Java Developer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 25, 2014
This tool provides the users to monitor Teradata Database inserts, updates to the Teradata Developers and also provides managers to approve the SOX related updates.
Productive Workplace
Finance Business Manager (Current Employee), San Jose CAJuly 25, 2014
Mutual Respect for one and another
Benefits
Enriching Experience overall
Good work life balance
Technical Leader (Current Employee), Pune, MHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work from home facilities, company transport, work anywhere culture
Cons: being a big company, growth prospects
CISCO means business, and they provide work culture for that. However, it is not just business. All care is taken to make sure that your backend i.e. your family and life is taken care of so that you can contribute to work appropriately.
middle management not skilled for roles
Human Resource Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: work after hours if you have daytime kids demands
Cons: healthcare slipped over the years, no emplyee recognition
There are a lot of egos in middle management that interferes with getting things done and the long term benefits of the business. Many deliverables are prioritized based on squeaky managers that don't understand or refuse to know the benefits. I had 10 managers in 3 years and 2 months so I was never in a position where anyone knew my full potential – more... or the history of the organization. – less
Good
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive, Challenging and fun place to work
GradeIII Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore,KarnatakaJuly 21, 2014
It has been 2.4 years in Cisco Systems. Presently I am working as platform engineer in an acclaimed flagship network switch of Cisco Systems in Power subsystem. During my tenure in Bosch I worked on on A/C service machine project and Device Firmware Upgrade projects. Both the DFU project and A/C service machine project provided me opportunity to gain – more... experience regarding the whole software life cycle development in true sense. On a short term basis I have also done HMI programming for A/C service project.

I also possess a deep understanding of the object oriented thought process and have appreciation regarding the idea of visualizing a system in terms of objects and their interaction. I have an idea regarding how to travel from specifics of objects towards the generics of a class isolating an interface from an implementation. The DFU driver project is a testimony for this. The projects involved ‘C’ gave me an insight into Top-Down approach and the ‘C++’ related projects gave me insight into Bottom-Up approach. Though the project does deal particularly with Bluetooth protocol, I was very passionate that I read about Bluetooth protocol inner details and about some Bluetooth profiles.

I am also an accomplished Toastmaster and won prizes at Area level contests. I have been president of Cisco Samvad Toastmaster club for the year 2013. I have complete two certification programmes from IISc. One is in Protocol engineering and the other is in Wireless LAN technology. I also have Post graduate diploma in Telecommunications from Hyderabad central University.

I very strongly believe that my nature and attitude towards software development and my inclination to learn new things should seamlessly enable the nurturing part, which is gaining the necessary knowledge to handle the work. – less
Not bad place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Not bad place to work. They will lay off at any time. They are doing layoffs last 4 years
Average
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2014
ZenSar Technologies is providing average salaries and even after performing best,i didn't receive the appraisal.Policies are not good.
Fast paced, productive environment
Quality Initiatives Project Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: beautiful property for walking by a pond.
Cons: long hours.
Meetings with cross functional teams daily to discuss software development processes.
Networking and comunications systems
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Pitesti, AGJuly 17, 2014
Cisco professional, configuring and managing network equipment, teamwork, implementing solutions for companies
Changelling, great enviroment, room from growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2014
Very busy, fast paced, always given the opportunity for growth and learn new things.
Techincal support engineer
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, IndiaJuly 15, 2014
Addressing performance bottlenecks and ensuring maximum network uptime through proactively
identifying and rectifying problems pertaining to system performance, network administration,
and application conflicts & system bugs
 Managing aspects of Cisco ASA, PIX, Router & Switch Security, IPS/IDS, AAA(ISE) and IPSec & SSL VPN solutions on Cisco
devices – more... in the customer networks
 Configuring and troubleshooting:
o LAN and WAN, Routing and Switching of small to large scale
networks
o IPSEC VPN (IKEv1 & IKEv2, IPSec, EZVPN, DMVPN, GETVPN,
FlexVPN, GRE and IPv6 Tunneling)
o SSL VPN (WebVPN, Thin Client and Full Client Anyconnect)
o Network Traffic Analysis and Network Monitoring on the
firewall using Syslogs, SNMP and Netflow
 Supervising security attacks, threat & vulnerability mitigation and
analysis using network devices such as IPS/IDS, firewalls, routers
& software tools
 Using security and hacking tools (Cisco and 3rd party tools) to
perform scalability, load, performance and vulnerability testing in
devices and networks
 Responsible for finding defects in the Cisco software, filing bugs and
helping the Dev team with code analysis – less
Great place to work with excellent work culture
Functional Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 14, 2014
Great place to work with excellent work culture
Potential growth
Management very keen on innovations and listens to different ideas
Great company
IT Project/Release Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2014
Smart people, complex problems, large scale projects, diversity , cross functional teams
Average
Informatica Developer (Former Employee), DelhiJuly 12, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Here i started my career and worked as interim employee.
Being a fresher, I learned a lot
A great place to work
Signal Integrity Co-op (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2014
I love working at Cisco. I have learned a lot during my time here. The group I work with is very friendly and supportive. That is what most freshers look for in a work group.
Productive and fun place
Strategy consultant intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
Highly recommended, worked with a bunch of very professional senior managers
Productive , challenging and Rewarding
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Technical Project ManagerJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: local environment
My time with the Cisco project was very challenging and rewarding, i had to depend on my team to assist and enable me finish the project on time and within budget .

Alot of travelling involved , working with people of different culture and the hardest part was making the stakeholders understand the benefit of the project . Once they gave us a chance – more... to start with the project , right away they started seeing the benefits of the project . The change the project made to the institutions we worked on where great. – less

About Cisco

Are you changing the world? We are. Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and – Read more