Cisco

Cisco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Southlake TexasAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed the staff and co workers. Great benefits. Management worked to keep us updated with company progress
Cisco has interesting products
Test Engineer (Former Employee), San JoseAugust 11, 2014
Pros: no free lunch at cisco, but interesting enigineering
Cons: cisco has been slipping financially, layoffs are coming
The product I worked on was Cisco United Computing System
An interesting product which included a complete set of compute blades or systems and all the networking needed to support it.Definitely doing more with less, people leave and don't get replaced but the work load doesn't change. Long hours are required just to keep up. Lots of contractors, no – more... conversions to permanent. – less
*** Ratings Based on Contract Position - Salary/Benefits Esp. ***
Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very collaborative atmosphere within and among offices and teams
Cons: week-long christmas break unfair to hourly contract employees
Working at Cisco Finance gave me a great introduction to a relatively fast-paced workstyle. The contract was presented to me as more data-heavy with some knowledge of finance; the reality was the opposite. Cisco expects you to hit the ground running. They provide online training for contractors and training sessions for new full hires. Help files and – more... tutorials are all at your fingertips, but if you don't know where to look, help may not very difficult to find, even if you ask multiple people. The company leverages a solid communications backbone to provide seamless real-time communications among all of their worldwide offices through online meetings, email, and instant messaging. I was not used to this environment, so it took me a while to become comfortable. Our office was also an open plan with all of the positives and negatives associated with that kind of space. My co-workers were very friendly and very helpful.

The biggest caveat for an hourly-wage contract position is their December break, which is a week-long office closing around that coincides with Christmas and New Year's. This arrangement poses no problems to a salaried employee, but an hourly employee loses one quarter of his or her salary for that month. Given the plethora of contract workers Cisco employs, I'm surprised this is not more of a concern among the workforce. It was the only time I experienced a Christmas negative bonus.

Overall, it's a great collaborative experience with a good variety of helpful co-workers. – less
Talented people and fun place
Senior Software Test/QA Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaAugust 7, 2014
It is a good place to be in. Lot of new projects and new devices and abundance of resources to get hands on experience.
assembling and testing
Assembling and Testing (Former Employee), san jose caAugust 6, 2014
Cisco was so nice working there.I meet new people learned how to do assembling and testing there .I enjoyed all the assembling and testing there that way I'm in school now for that field i like working with my hands
OK Company but too many rumours re. layoffs
Network Consulting Engineer (Current Employee), Iselin, NJAugust 3, 2014
Pros: work from home, inside talent is amazing
Cons: no room to move up! you need to quit and reapply for raises
Working as an NCE for the previous 2 years, I've some exposure to Cisco culture.

The talent within the BU is normally excellent. Cisco MGMT is clueless as to dispelling rumors, constant restructuring of roles at the top. There is no room for salary increases. Cisco does not care about retaining top talent--they will simply let you go once you elect – more... to resign. I've seen this from so many colleagues.

Colleagues are cool for the most part.

Its very easy to get lazy as work is mainly focused on advising and not hands-on. – less
An exciting and challenging internship.
Software Developer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at work involved morning telepresence SCRUM meetings with the team, as I was based in San Jose and the team were based in Austin, Texas. I would then speak to the team about my completed tasks, whether they were completed or not and then talk about the day's work ahead. I would then speak to the UI team that I was in about incorporating – more... the wireframes and designs for the portlets and start implementing them in Javascript for the application. There were a total team of 12, but only two other UI developers as well as myself.

I learned Javascript from scratch in my initial two months of the internship, and then given tasks of refactoring old portlets. After those tasks were completed I moved to the next version of the product and do the wireframes for the portlets. For this version I had to familiarise myself with Dojo.js as we used a custom built framework that was built on top of Dojo for the widgets. I had good support from my manager and my team members.

My most enjoyable part of the job was getting my hands stuck in with the work and producing portlets which the team could be proud of, as well as learning new languages in order to reach this goal. – less
Very good environment
Engineer IT (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 1, 2014
Very good environment. challenging work. comfortable work environment
Cisco is a great place to work at, great customer and great working culture
Principle Dev. Testing Engineer (Current Employee), Beijing, ChinaJuly 30, 2014
o is a great place to work at, great customer and great working culture
Production and fun workplace
Program Manager (Former Employee), BangaloreJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Learnt new technologies, Worked with experienced people, approachable management, helpful coworker.
Great place to work if you want to sell your soul
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 28, 2014
Great place for compensation, but no training, advancement or integrity.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Field Sales Admin/Vendor Management/ Executive (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 28, 2014
Cisco Systems, Inc. is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create Internet solutions so that individuals, companies, and countries have seamless access to information - regardless of differences in time and place.
It helped to learn a timely exchange of information, which in – more... turn lead to cost savings, process efficiencies, and closer relationships with customers, prospects, business partners, suppliers, and co-workers. – less
JAVA
Java Developer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 25, 2014
This tool provides the users to monitor Teradata Database inserts, updates to the Teradata Developers and also provides managers to approve the SOX related updates.
Productive Workplace
Finance Business Manager (Current Employee), San Jose CAJuly 25, 2014
Mutual Respect for one and another
Benefits
Enriching Experience overall
Good work life balance
Technical Leader (Current Employee), Pune, MHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work from home facilities, company transport, work anywhere culture
Cons: being a big company, growth prospects
CISCO means business, and they provide work culture for that. However, it is not just business. All care is taken to make sure that your backend i.e. your family and life is taken care of so that you can contribute to work appropriately.
middle management not skilled for roles
Human Resource Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: work after hours if you have daytime kids demands
Cons: healthcare slipped over the years, no emplyee recognition
There are a lot of egos in middle management that interferes with getting things done and the long term benefits of the business. Many deliverables are prioritized based on squeaky managers that don't understand or refuse to know the benefits. I had 10 managers in 3 years and 2 months so I was never in a position where anyone knew my full potential – more... or the history of the organization. – less
Good
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive, Challenging and fun place to work
GradeIII Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore,KarnatakaJuly 21, 2014
It has been 2.4 years in Cisco Systems. Presently I am working as platform engineer in an acclaimed flagship network switch of Cisco Systems in Power subsystem. During my tenure in Bosch I worked on on A/C service machine project and Device Firmware Upgrade projects. Both the DFU project and A/C service machine project provided me opportunity to gain – more... experience regarding the whole software life cycle development in true sense. On a short term basis I have also done HMI programming for A/C service project.

I also possess a deep understanding of the object oriented thought process and have appreciation regarding the idea of visualizing a system in terms of objects and their interaction. I have an idea regarding how to travel from specifics of objects towards the generics of a class isolating an interface from an implementation. The DFU driver project is a testimony for this. The projects involved ‘C’ gave me an insight into Top-Down approach and the ‘C++’ related projects gave me insight into Bottom-Up approach. Though the project does deal particularly with Bluetooth protocol, I was very passionate that I read about Bluetooth protocol inner details and about some Bluetooth profiles.

I am also an accomplished Toastmaster and won prizes at Area level contests. I have been president of Cisco Samvad Toastmaster club for the year 2013. I have complete two certification programmes from IISc. One is in Protocol engineering and the other is in Wireless LAN technology. I also have Post graduate diploma in Telecommunications from Hyderabad central University.

I very strongly believe that my nature and attitude towards software development and my inclination to learn new things should seamlessly enable the nurturing part, which is gaining the necessary knowledge to handle the work. – less
Not bad place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Not bad place to work. They will lay off at any time. They are doing layoffs last 4 years
Average
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2014
ZenSar Technologies is providing average salaries and even after performing best,i didn't receive the appraisal.Policies are not good.

About Cisco

Are you changing the world? We are. Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and – Read more