Cisco Employee Reviews

Program Manager, Cross Functional (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
Cisco has advanced ways of working. Remote workers from around the globe collaborate to make projects successful. They bring together innovative teams without the barriers of geographic location. They don't have formal year end review processes or departmental rankings where there are quotas for each performance grade. Regular touch points with your manager are the norm and coaching is continuous.
Great place to work.
Pros
great people, great flexibility
Cons
cons are associated with the project you are assigned to, i.e., some customers are better to work with than others.
Productive workplace with great people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
Cisco has a great team of people to work along side. Very fast paced and constantly evolving. I learned a lot about the finance side of things along with adding Tableau to my toolkit.
Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
A lot of great people to work with. If you are lucky enough to be converted from a contractor to a permanent employee there are great benefits and programs to support the employees.
Great Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
People at Cisco are great, willing to help and share.
I learned that you are sole responsible for your career progression with your track record and successes, but also with who and how you share.
My management was encouraging and incentivized to take risks but never lose alone
Best Learning Experience
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
At Cisco, we used to have a culture of sharing, discussing, considering and executing.
My 10 year experience in the Company forged my character as a Tech Sales Professional.
There's no typical day at Cisco, which made it very enticing for me because I planned my days and weeks as my customers or my teams would progress in their projects.
Great Worklife Balance and Chance and work on Interesting Projects
Senior Project Manager - Video Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Had a great experience working at Cisco. While there, one has the opportunity to work on very interesting projects, meet smart people and with generous working from home policies- a great work/life balance.
Pros
Working from Home.
Cons
It's a large company so at times you will feel like a small fish in a big sea.
very good but not for me
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
It was a very good company to work for
very good dynamic
the bosses and coworkers are friendly
sometimes tiresome and boring work but not many compaints
Review of Cisco
Consulting Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Great company, amazing culture, great work life balance, offices are very inviting and built to foster creativity. Great mix of young adults and veterans who are always lending a helping hand. Most enjoyable part of the job is actually having so many people to work with.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Hard to become permanent full-time
Solutions
Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Company has some very good technologies and solutions. If you are committed to your customer, then everything is easy. Get ready for long rewarding hours
Pros
work life balance is ok
Cons
morale is not the best at this time
good company with flexible hours, work from home option.
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2016
overall positive .Company has a friendly environment andd Flexibility to work from anywhere anytime.
Entire feature control in our hands, which lets us give the best at everything we do
Great place to work and amazing work life balance
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indian, ON4 September 2016
Its a great place to work as the company follows Agile working methodology and the higher management has positive working attitude. Being with the company for 6 years, I have gained leadership qualities and learned how to motivate the team to keep the project going in good spirits and to ensure timely deliveries.
Co-workers make the place very fun loving. Every quaterly the company arranges for the team building activities at an outdoor location which allows the employees to take a break from work and get rejuvenated.
Pros
free lunches and outings
Cons
not great salary levels
Cisco is in down spiral - stay away
TSA (Current Employee) –  CA10 August 2016
nothing good here (except for above average pay). toxic envirionemt, no innovation, nepotism in engineering, internal BU competitions which confuse customers, horrible C-suite level, no strategy, a lot of managers that do nothing and worst of all annual massive layoffs.
Pros
salary, some very smart people
Cons
everything else, a lot of not-so-smart people
good environment to handle
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
A great place to work with good salary and well organised environment . Co workers are very friendly and helpful with fast face people around, A good manager makes the job complete.
Overally a good place to work and learn new staff
Software Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2016
Cisco is a generally a good company to work with balanced work and life, good benefit and reward, a creative and fun place to work and learn.

However, some common management problems often seen in a big company like this has adverse impacts on its operation efficiency.
Pros
regular free breakfast and free beer pizza time
Cons
efficiency
Fast Paced IT Juggernaut!
Virtual Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
Working for Cisco has been a phenomenal experience. They invested more in developing me in the first 4 months I was there than any other company has in my entire tenure. Management helps guide you in becoming a successful account manager but you need to take the proactive approach and schedule time with your management team for guidance as they have far too much on their plate. Because of the high pressure and high demands that Cisco puts on their teams there is a lot of turnover overall in the company.
Pros
great package, great people, phenomenal benefits, fantastic visability
Cons
High pressure, high turnover
State of the art technologies
Quality Assurance Prime / Lead - S/W Testing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2016
Great people and great technologies, definitely a strong Team oriented culture. Agile methodology and customer satisfaction driven.
Pros
Agile
Modern work environment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
Very mobile driven
Modern office environment
Great technology
Sales are very strongly supported data wise
Demanding environment
Ability to work remotely - depending on management group
Working Internationally
Cisco - Project Manager and Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Netherlands and Toronto11 November 2015
Mobile worker, majority of work is online
Working with many different Countries and cultures has proven to be very fulfilling and educational.
Pros
ability to work from home and travel
Cisco Systems in Vancouver is great place to work for.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver17 September 2015
Great people
Great work environment
Flex time
My direct reports are very nice people
Have a good chance to see Canucks games at times
Good Company
Engagement Manager / Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Cisco, BC8 September 2015
Great company, different office culture, hotel style no designated desks, and bad cel reception ;-). Nice people although the work from home issue is a little hard to control with staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.