Cisco Employee Reviews

Great place to work and amazing work life balance
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indian, ON4 September 2016
Its a great place to work as the company follows Agile working methodology and the higher management has positive working attitude. Being with the company for 6 years, I have gained leadership qualities and learned how to motivate the team to keep the project going in good spirits and to ensure timely deliveries.
Co-workers make the place very fun loving. Every quaterly the company arranges for the team building activities at an outdoor location which allows the employees to take a break from work and get rejuvenated.
Pros
free lunches and outings
Cons
not great salary levels
Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
A lot of great people to work with. If you are lucky enough to be converted from a contractor to a permanent employee there are great benefits and programs to support the employees.
Cisco is in down spiral - stay away
TSA (Current Employee) –  CA10 August 2016
nothing good here (except for above average pay). toxic envirionemt, no innovation, nepotism in engineering, internal BU competitions which confuse customers, horrible C-suite level, no strategy, a lot of managers that do nothing and worst of all annual massive layoffs.
Pros
salary, some very smart people
Cons
everything else, a lot of not-so-smart people
Fast Paced IT Juggernaut!
Virtual Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
Working for Cisco has been a phenomenal experience. They invested more in developing me in the first 4 months I was there than any other company has in my entire tenure. Management helps guide you in becoming a successful account manager but you need to take the proactive approach and schedule time with your management team for guidance as they have far too much on their plate. Because of the high pressure and high demands that Cisco puts on their teams there is a lot of turnover overall in the company.
Pros
great package, great people, phenomenal benefits, fantastic visability
Cons
High pressure, high turnover
good environment to handle
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
A great place to work with good salary and well organised environment . Co workers are very friendly and helpful with fast face people around, A good manager makes the job complete.
Review of Cisco
Consulting Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Great company, amazing culture, great work life balance, offices are very inviting and built to foster creativity. Great mix of young adults and veterans who are always lending a helping hand. Most enjoyable part of the job is actually having so many people to work with.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Hard to become permanent full-time
Great Worklife Balance and Chance and work on Interesting Projects
Senior Project Manager - Video Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Had a great experience working at Cisco. While there, one has the opportunity to work on very interesting projects, meet smart people and with generous working from home policies- a great work/life balance.
Pros
Working from Home.
Cons
It's a large company so at times you will feel like a small fish in a big sea.
Best Learning Experience
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
At Cisco, we used to have a culture of sharing, discussing, considering and executing.
My 10 year experience in the Company forged my character as a Tech Sales Professional.
There's no typical day at Cisco, which made it very enticing for me because I planned my days and weeks as my customers or my teams would progress in their projects.
Solutions
Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Company has some very good technologies and solutions. If you are committed to your customer, then everything is easy. Get ready for long rewarding hours
Pros
work life balance is ok
Cons
morale is not the best at this time
very good but not for me
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
It was a very good company to work for
very good dynamic
the bosses and coworkers are friendly
sometimes tiresome and boring work but not many compaints
good company with flexible hours, work from home option.
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2016
overall positive .Company has a friendly environment andd Flexibility to work from anywhere anytime.
Entire feature control in our hands, which lets us give the best at everything we do
Overally a good place to work and learn new staff
Software Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2016
Cisco is a generally a good company to work with balanced work and life, good benefit and reward, a creative and fun place to work and learn.

However, some common management problems often seen in a big company like this has adverse impacts on its operation efficiency.
Pros
regular free breakfast and free beer pizza time
Cons
efficiency
State of the art technologies
Quality Assurance Prime / Lead - S/W Testing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2016
Great people and great technologies, definitely a strong Team oriented culture. Agile methodology and customer satisfaction driven.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Large company at its best and worst
Senior Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  ottawa, on5 November 2014
Great compensation, bleeding edge technologies.
Too much politics
Productive place with video conference system. Very good family benefits.
Customer Service Specialist Advocate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2012
At first it was Scientific Atlanta and then Cisco. I can not stress enough how exiting and challenging my job was at SA and Cisco.
I loved working for both SA and Cisco because both companies were committed and loyal to their customers.
Cisco Systems is very fast technology growing company and it has very rewording programs for their employees.

My management was extremely hallepful in my accomplishments to gain customers loyalty.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I received thank you notes from my customers after I managed to provide last minute service to their clients.

The hardest part of the job was when I left the company
Pros
honesty in dealing with customers
Cons
Great culture, and great work load
Lobby ambassador, Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, On6 March 2015
This is a great place to work, the only unfortunate thing about Cisco is that it is US based, and all position modelling is based on that mode. This makes it very difficult for the Admin world at Cisco Canada to feel secure in their work position and can effect productivity. However, they are one of THE best, outside of using the same US based Admin position model for the last 2o yrs. For an innovative and VERY intelligent Global company, this is not a smart action. They are very communicative, resourceful, efficient, they do a good attempt to balance work and life.... They simply need to open their minds to the "back bone" of their supporting culture ~ Administration.
Pros
innovative, fair, planning
Cons
old position models; remain in place making for unstable support
Enterprise / Java / Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / E-Commerce
IT Project Manager / IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  CA15 March 2013
Forward-thinking and value-driven professional with a progressive career path consist of over 10 years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Business Analysis and Application Development. Instrumental in advancing time-sensitive initiatives through expert leadership of teams and processes, with a reputation for developing innovative solutions that address both immediate and long- team goals. Skilled communicator, relationship-builder with ability to translate objectives and serve as a vital partner to clients and organizational leaders. Administer cross functional teams leading to increased leadership responsibilities.
Very upbeat environment with a great group of guys
Regional Administrator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2015
A typical day at work. Unlock front door, prepare meeting rooms, greet visitors, catering, mail deliveries, coffee orders. Management was not always consistent. A little on the micromanagement side at times and then completely the opposite in other issues. My coworkers were all male engineers and the nicest guys in the world! Cisco is so huge that some things were difficult to find the answers to in finding the right people to contact. However, my peers in other cities were extremely helpful and friendly.
Pros
working with people
Cons
sometimes lonely and such a huge company it could be hard to find the right department for an answer
Working Internationally
Cisco - Project Manager and Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Netherlands and Toronto11 November 2015
Mobile worker, majority of work is online
Working with many different Countries and cultures has proven to be very fulfilling and educational.
Pros
ability to work from home and travel
It is a great place to learn new things everyday
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2013
This job requests both accounting, finance knowledge/skills and up to date understanding to business practice and new technologies. To provide accurate finance forecast, this job need to follow big project progress and pipeline managment closely. Required effective communicate with business team on daily basis. To provide solid finance analysis, this role need to have strong skills of data mananagment and problem solving.Support business growth wtih limited budget resources is the hardest part of this job, but it is also the most enjoyable part of the job, it needs finance people to show the talent of professional and business.
Pros
Flexible working hours and trust based managment
Cons
End up with long working hours