Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Administrative Technician - « Fly-In » Management (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: flex-hours / compressed work week
Worked in a great environment with a fantastic team. Was a laid-back and casual atmosphere, nonetheless, we all took our jobs very seriously while managing more than 6 traveling shows around the world.
Unforgettable experience at Cirque du Soleil
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 18, 2013
I have been working for Cirque as a project coordinator for over a year. I must admit this was my greatest professional experience where I combined my passion for planning/coordinating with the most stimulating environment. Implementing Concur travel& expense system and coordinating (and leading) other financial projects, not only made me grow as a – more... professional, but also made me realize that without my passion for cirque, the results would not be the same. – less
Exciting and fun workplace at the circus
VIP Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: free food, great people, great show
Cons: sore feet at the end of the day
A typical day at work required preparing leaving home early. By the time I get to work I would meet up with my coworkers along the way. we would meet our supervisor and debrief before the shift started. During the shift we would prepare merchandise, clean and review the specifics about the different clients that would be in each section. As the tent – more... opens all guests would be greated with a smile and given and lanyard. We would answer questions about the tent and circus and make sure each participant was happy.

I learned a lot about professionalism and timing. I always had to have a smile on my face even if my day was not going so well. In the end it was great though. I met alot of great people and I am still friends with a few of my co-wokers.

The hardest part about my job was dealing with my shoes. They weren't the best shoes but at the time I couldn't afford new ones, but I made the best of it.

The best part of the show was meeting new people and seeing the show. – less
Top Management In Quality Corporate Environments
Public Service Director, Europe/Asia/South America (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 2, 2013
Multi- Tasking in variety of fields environments and countries
Fun with performers
Usher/Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2012
amazing experience, seeing how the acrobats did their stunts
Pleasure work with people,take great experience and enjoy my time at work
Artist-Strength Conditioning Coach in Saltimbanco (Former Employee), Montreal,CanadaNovember 6, 2012
day at work follow my schedule
the best ways how to work better
manage and communicate are to important rules
work in a team
be aware about everything around!!!Crazy life is in Arena Tour Show
work with people from different countries and of all ages, from different background
An exciting and stimulating workplace!
Administrative Technician (Current Employee), Montreal, QCNovember 6, 2012
Pros: cafeteria food, employee activities, working conditions
Cons: far from my home :(
Working here has been the best opportunity I’ve been given. Although no job is totally perfect, this one is close! The ambiance in the office is friendly and outgoing , they amuse the employees with entertaining activities for all tastes and ages almost every week. Working in this creative environment has been a great experience so far and I hope to – more... enjoy it for years to come! – less
Fast paced but fun.
VIP Host (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2012
Pros: getting to meet & talk to tons of people, from all over the world. good hours & getting paid weekly. gaining experience with hospitality work.
Cons: that cirque only stays in calgary for a month, every one or two years.
The 'Tapis Rouge' tent is the 'VIP' tent at Cirque Du Soleil; people pay allot of extra money just to experience it. There's five star food & five star service. But we only had a certain amount of time to get everything ready in between shows & breaks so it was definitely one of the most fast paced environments I've ever worked in. My managers were – more... great, they knew exactly what to do to make everything perfect even with the little amount of time they had to put it all together. But all in all it was an awesome experience. – less
Good job, fun and comfortable work environment. Not much possibility for advancement since they mostly hire temps.
Gestionnaire d'inventaires de tournée - Web (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCJuly 13, 2012
Pros: fair salary, friendly work environment, employee morale condusive to productivity.
Working at CDS was great, management trusts it's employees to
work without supervision, the stress level is very low, yet everyone
is productive and gets the job done efficiently. Friendly co-workers
and bosses alike.
fun to work at and great expirience
Character / Clown / Coach (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 23, 2012
i got a chance to see most of the world , great pay and easy to save money , charter planes take us to our destinations and hotel are 4star.. and i met tons of people and made lots of friends.
great work place but is only temorary
Merchandising clerk (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 18, 2014
i worked here seasonal and wish it was fulltime, company moves around visiting city to city state to state. different shows with the same posistive work experience.
Retail in the Food and Beverage Department
Retail in the Food and Beverage Department (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 12, 2014
This was an extremely fast paced work ethic. We had to prep before the show, make our sales, prep before intermission, and make more sales.
Cirque du Soleil
Global Citizenship Director - Asia Pacific (Former Employee), JPCNovember 11, 2014
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) service of Cirque du Soleil. Exciting but challenging place to work.
Duties
Artist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
I had the great honor of working for this world respected company.It was hard work of training and pushing yourself to your physical and mental abilities.My management and co-workers were encouraging and inspiring to work with.The greatest reward every night was seeing the audience leaving with a smile.
Unlike any Job
Artistic Manager (Former Employee), 2 years north america, 3 years europe and asiaSeptember 4, 2014
Every week i would be in a new city. Cirque du Soleil would have us in the best hotels and in the best parts of the city. The owner believes if we put them in motel 6, then we must expect motel 6 performances. Each week we would do anywhere from 8-10 performances and 2-3 practices. Typically I would wake up, take a shuttle to the arena where we would – more... have catered meals. My team would practice to make sure all technical aspects are show ready. Then the performance. As the manager of my team I was responsible for facilitating practices, and to deal with any and all issues. The most difficult aspect of the job other than the physical intensity was making sure every team mate was satisfied, which was difficult. my team consisted of 3 Russians, a Brazilian, 3 Ukrainians, 2 American, 1 Frenchman, and 1 Chinese guy. Obviously this language and cultural differences proved challenging. However it always worked out. Co workers were some of the most interesting people in the world and the entire company was managed very well. I loved most the travel and the creative flexibility I had with my act. It was nice knowing they trusted me to bring results, and I did every time. – less
Exciting
Usher (Former Employee), San PedroAugust 7, 2014
Enjoyed the experience of the Cirque loved meeting new people and helping customers
Awesome Job
Usher (Former Employee), MiamiJuly 1, 2014
Super fun, alot of cleaning but worth it. The best job you can ever have.
Such an Amazing place to Work!
VIP Hostess/Cocktail (Former Employee), BaltimoreMay 14, 2014
Pros: free pair of tickets to see the show, personable staff, amazing atmosphere! the arts and culture of it all! seeing, meeting and greeting politicians, diplomats and other well known persons
Cons: not one!
I worked in The Tapis Rouge VIP Tent and I had an awesome experience! From set up to breakdown and all the fun, greeting and hostessing in between. The management was Fun and Focused. The operation ran so smoothely. The most enjoyable part of the job was the buzz of warm cheer when all the guests were in the tent and having a Great cocktail lounge experience! – more... It was Electric! – less
I highly recommend working for Cirque at least once in your life
Usher (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaApril 28, 2014
I loved working for Cirque Du Soleil for their production of Totem. The production staff as well as the performers were unbelievably friendly and easy to work with. If I could work for them again, I would.
Energetic and fun
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 15, 2014
Pros: cultural diversity
Cons: temporary position
Everyday was a good day, the performers were always nice and the atmosphere was busy and exciting. The chefs were helpful and patient while they showed me the ropes. The hardest part of the job was working through the language barrier with some of the performers.

1 2 3 4

About Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil ("Circus of the Sun") is a Canadian entertainment company, self-described as a "dramatic mix of – Read more

Cirque du Soleil Photos