CIRCUS WORLD DISPLAYS LIMITED

CIRCUS WORLD DISPLAYS LIMITED Employee Reviews

Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 February 2017
I worked here on contract for a few months, the people there were nothing but kind. Whether they were in your department or not, everyone made you feel welcomed.
horrible place to work
Email Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 October 2016
very picky personally!! it don't matter how well you work or how hard you work it doesn't mean anything there. I do not recommend working for this company.
Stressful, long, and not worth it
Prefer not to say or ill be next (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 June 2016
The company boasts about work life balance, however this happens rarely. You are expected to work nights, weekends, and overtime, they don't "say it" but it gets hit home in your "huddles" and "one on ones"

The focus is always what you are doing wrong and never what you are doing well. Managers in this company do not train on anything, its expected for you to know or self learn without any guidance.

BODs are difficult to deal with. Coworkers are friendly however also stressed to the max. Company fires people and never replaces them. Claims the company is doing less with more but that is at the sacrifice of all the other employees. Tasks just get piled on to other team members until they either quit or get fired for not meeting deadlines, or not being a good fit.

Its sink or swim in this company and not many make it to shore.
Very nice workplace that provides its employees with amazing experience
Operations assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 October 2015
Had an amazing experience working there. CWD is a good team that gave me a lot of opportunities for my future career. I learnt a lot about organization, its culture and operations.
Fun place to work
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 September 2015
Everyone that works here are great people! There is a positive attitude here which is a nice refreshing change in the workplace.

They try to have a corporate lunch each month and there are always team events every quarter. Who doesn't love free lunch!

With the company working out policies and procedures as they go, there are a lot of rolling changes, so if you do not like change, this place is not for you.

Most direct supervisors are very friendly, outgoing and open minded. They are constantly asking for feedback to improve how things are run and have come a long way in making changes for the better.

There are lots of opportunities for advancement into other departments which is nice to know that you aren't "Stuck" in the same role that you started in.

I don't have much negative to say other than it would be nice to make a bit more $ an hour, but in Niagara you can't expect much. I truly like coming to work everyday and being part of the team here.
Pros
Benefits, Free lunches, Good Vibe
Cons
better compensation would be nice.
Great Place to Work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls28 September 2015
I am currently employed at CWD and have been for several years.

The most enjoyable part of being at CWD is working alongside my peers. Most of us have similar interests and are within the same age group and collaborate really well with eachother

Some things I've noticed in my time at CWD:

-Those with egos tend to last a very short time at CWD. Also, If you can't take criticism well or tend to take things personally, then it's very likely this might not be the right fit for you. Requiring approval on almost every task requires you to swallow your pride and be willing to compromise.

-BOD is making a great effort to improve corporate culture. We now have corporate lunches almost monthly, education funds in place, and encouragement to bond with peers. When I first started, much of this was not present

-Moderately high turnover rate with little explanation often makes things stressful. Trust of employees often seems in question and adds to this stress. Employee morale is still quite low in some departments.

-Like any job, your experience will highly depend on who you report to and who you work with. Some people speak negatively about "micro-management" , however I can't really say it's been that bad. Almost everything requires approval, however you are given the freedom to experiment and try things. Managing Director however has final say which I don't think is outrageous.
Pros
-BOD is making a great effort to improve corporate culture.
Cons
Trust in the employees you hired
A Great Place to work - check your ego at the door
APM (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls28 September 2015
CWD is a place where doing things better is always encouraged. There is opportunity and you can grow into other positions as they prefer to hire from within. If you have the required skills you can likely land one of the postings you are qualified for. Even better, for those that have accepted a position and work hard to improve, grow and adapt to their role can move up. As mentioned there are many opportunities. It is a place that I have found you can work without a great amount of stress. Work/Life balance is monitored to ensure you are not working late. Management is open and understanding however they wouldn't be managers if they didn't hold you accountable. If you have done everything you can ( and can show it ) they are there to support you and get you to the next stage of your process/problem.

The company is SOP driven and you can learn your role from tribal knowledge as well as from the SOP documentation.

To speak briefly about the turn around the company faced last year I can tell you that the team that is currently present and driving the company is solid. Every company experiences growth where those that can adapt continue forward and those that can't must move on.

If you enjoy tech products and working towards making them successful in all areas of business and if you enjoy working with a team and sharing in the success this is a place for you.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life balance, Successful and Diversified Business, Niagara Local
Cons
Autonomy
Receptive to Ideas, Always Listening and Learning
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 September 2015
Everyone in the company is very receptive to good ideas, whether they come from the top or the bottom. It really feels like a team that is working to be the best they can be by consistently seeking improvements to get better together.

There are times when it feels like some roles can be given more direct authority/control on decisions as approvals result in some delay, but I have worked in other organizations which were much worse about this. I have a positive outlook for the organization in the near future and beyond.
Pros
Full time, decent wage, open to suggestion, positive atmosphere
Cons
Some bottlenecking
Great work environment
Operations (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls ON25 September 2015
There is opportunity for advancement for the right person. You can approach any manager in any department for your input or suggestion. The department I work in is absolutely terrific. Our manager urges us to speak up and voice our opinion. This is the only way it can get resolved if need be. We go one step further in having one on one updates every month besides our monthly meeting as a department team. You can rely on your co-workers if you plan to take a day off. Your tasks are done by them with no issues. During our busy season which is coming up, we work as a team not solo.
Pros
Great company events, different corporate monthly lunches, good benefits some places don't even offer this, pleasant work atmosphere, BOD are approachable and friendly
Cons
Former employees who bad mouth this company. Their issues with not being able to handle the work, their attitudes, should not be blamed on the company. I guess they did not know how to voice their concerns properly.
You'll like it here!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 September 2015
Great company to support your professional development. I have worked at CWD for almost 3 years and have personally been promoted twice within my department. We have a call centre like no other! The leadership team often will approach us for our opinions on new products & new policy/process ideas. In this company, your opinion matters. If you are serious about your future and are looking to grow professionally, this is the place for you. Best part of working at CWD is the teamwork between each department and the genuine desire to achieve results as individuals and a team members.
Constant surveillance and difficult management
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 September 2015
Just a terrible place to work! Management is suspicious and doesn't take suggestions well. Weird start hours that hurt the hourly employees because the owners and managers couldn't get in to open the building on time. Forget it!
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
working here at all!
Great Company for Internship or Co-op
Quality Assurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 September 2015
I've the opportunity to work at this Company as an Intern. Over 4 months at CWD and I would say that I'm glad for this huge experience. CWD provides to the employee the appropriate training besides all of the tools that it is necessary for them. Also, the team members are always there to assist you whenever you need. Sincerely, I do enjoy the tasks that I've done and also the new stuffs that I learn day by day.
It is great to have this kind of experience because we are able to learn a practical task in a real workplace and to see how everything works, since we learn the theory at the College. Also, I would say that I did increase my knowledge while working at CWD.
not a very good place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara Fall29 July 2015
The management team doesn't know what the others are doing. Its a joke. They have no idea what they want and everyone is doing. Their time lines are ridiculous. They have terrible communication skills. Yes they have fun parties but never enough food. They let people go all the time and they never know what to do.
Pros
lunches benifits and schooling
Cons
micromanage and no consistency bad communication skills
Not worth it.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls15 July 2015
Owners micromanage to an extreme. Hard to actually complete a task. Management is full of under qualified people who worked their way up and filled positions after those with more experience finally found a way out.
Wages are so far below industry standards, but they rely on the fact that people in their industry don't have a lot of opportunity in the area. Frequently hire students so they can pay them below average salaries. Lots of turnover, so you'll always be training someone new.
Pros
Standard benefits. Some of the people who work there are great.
Cons
Poor management. Low salaries.
Good place to work unless you're in the warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  40807 July 2015
Very few learning opportunities. Warehousemen are excluded from process change discussions. Hard to advance internally My co-worker were great. Management was blind to true issues.
Good Opportunity to Learn
Other (prefer not to say) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls11 June 2015
-Typical work day is 8-5, sometimes you have to stay later but show me a job that you don't.
- There are a lot of company lunches and quarterly team events that are fun and help to build moral in the company
-The tuition reimbursement is a great perk that allows you to always better your self.
- Company offers benefits which is always a plus.
- They generally promote within allowing people to always more up the ladder.
-Most people are friendly. There is lunch rooms and table outside to sit an eat lunch on nice days.
-A lot of learning what to do comes from very well written SOPs, no one really guides you on how to do things. This can be hard because they expect things done a certain way but don't tell you, then when they are done wrong withing moments people jump all over you for it.
- The BODs are the same as your everyday owners, they want results if you cant hack it then you generally don't stay long.
-Most managers have been with the company a long time and forget how to use "people skills". Some are unapproachable or unrealistic on tasks. They want things done "their way" and when they are not they do not hesitate to report you to your supervisor instead of just coming and saying "hey this needs to be done this way, so you know for next time"
Pros
Company lunches, benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Managers do not have good people skills, because they have been there for a long time think they are above everyone else.
Fast Growing Private Company
RAD (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls10 June 2015
Begin work at 8.15 am and work until 5 pm.
45 min lunch depending on which department you work in.
I have definitely learnt a lot since working here, the hands on work experience is very valuable. They are very accommodating to appointments and family emergencies.Regular meetings are scheduled to provide you with a great feedback system for areas of improvement and areas excelling.
A lot of opportunity for growth because we are a fast growing company but you have to be patient. Excellent Support from Colleagues, everyone who works at CWD is very polite and happy.
Open Concept Workplace, no cubical, you don't feel trapped or alone in a corner.
There has also been a newly implemented education fund available for all employees, you are encouraged to take courses
Regular Training for Personal Development
Employee Pricing for all products
Young Culture
Local Business supporting the Niagara Region

Lack of Direction at times
Constant Change, makes it hard to follow
Department Objectives may not always align as a company
Pros
Monthly Corporate Lunches, Quarterly Corporate Events
Cons
Lack of Resources
Great place to work and build your career!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls9 June 2015
Everyone genuinely tries to work together to "make it happen".

Continuous training for team members

Good benefits - department lunches, contests, and employee recognition.

Owners have strong sense of business longevity and work to ensure success as they take the responsibility of ensuring jobs and growth for their workforce seriously.

Company working hard to reduce employee turnover rate.

Great on-boarding process.
Pros
Lots of room for growth - promote from within whenever it is a possibility
Cons
Fast paced environment with lots of running projects that can sometimes have unrealistic timeframes
Great place to work and build your career!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario8 June 2015
Amazing company culture and environment. Company invests in its employees with continuous training and development.
Pros
Culture, Training & Development, Company Lunches&Events, Work-life Balance
Great place. room for advancement
Operations (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls ON7 June 2015
Great moral among happy team members
You can approach BOD at any given time, being personal or business
They offer discounts on products we sell
They sponsor team events, lunches, family picnics
They are open to suggestions, can be critical or positive
Move for advancement if interested and suits your needs
Cons
Need to start thinking about profit sharing since we do so well and meet our goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIRCUS WORLD DISPLAYS LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.

CIRCUS WORLD DISPLAYS LIMITED Reviews by Location