Circles

Circles Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Concierge Associate
Concierge Associate (Former Employee), BurlingtonJune 17, 2014
American Express Concierge. Delighting the client with dinner, flowers, odd and ends
Fast paced, demanding job with great opportunity for learning
Open Experiences (Former Employee), BurlingtonAugust 12, 2013
Pros: wages, benefits, stability
Cons: difficult to change shifts, minimal advancement
Suitable place of employment for those looking to earn good money with solid hours and set schedule.
Fast paced work environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 17, 2013
Pros: great team environment
Cons: being open 24 hours, 7 days a weeks all year.
- On a typical day I would plan my approach for the day and often had to adapt based on service level focuses, new trainings, new directive from my manager and adjusted my approach to complete all my deliverables.

- I learned a lot of transferrable skills. I learned how to be more organized and how to be an effective manager. I became proficient with – more... Excel. My time management skills improved throughout my tenure at Circles.

- I enjoyed working with my co-workers. At this call centre I worked with roughly 200 employees and I had to adapt my management style based on those personalities.

- The hardest part of the job was constantly adjusting to new directors. We had a lot of change over in management and we were still trying to figure out our identity as a company. This left a lot of the staff feel that it was an unprofessional work environment in which I would address from a managers point of view to get everyone back on track.

- The most enjoyable part of the job for me was becoming a manager. I got to inspire and motivate so many customer care professionals. Being able to work as a team and watching the development of those I managed was a very rewarding experience. – less
Great work place and great people
Workflow Coordinator - Concierge (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 19, 2012
I really enjoy working at Circles. Great people and a great place to learn all about places and events all over the world.
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 12, 2012
Cons: inflexible hours
It's a fun place to answer calls and speak with a multitude of different people. However, the only *CON* is that the hours are not flexible.

Hours are OK if you are the parent of older teens or do not have any children at all.
Interesting job that keeps you learning but overall unhappy employees
Senior Concierge Email Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 19, 2012
Pros: decent wages and great benefits package
Cons: 24 hour service and no choice of shift
As it is a call center a typical day involves taking inbound calls and emails from VIP clients and researching and assisting with their requests.
The concierge role is fun and interesting as you are constantly obtaining information and problem solving.
The company has good ideas but they are poorly executed and management does not take into account – more... how new processes would actually work within the job role so new processes often fail. The company is constantly changing and there is no consistency within management.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance taking calls, the volume of work assigned to you all while meeting quality standards when the company is understaffed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and researching their requests. You never know what the next request will be. – less
Really fun workplace, I have learned allot in two years.
Service Professional (Current Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 30, 2012
Handled all members requests through incoming phone calls requesting personal services such as dining reservations and suggestions, flower orders, and gift baskets for special occasions, ticket inquiries, locating hard to find items, arrangements for Bed and Breakfasts and other unique.
Responsible for all initial interaction with members (customers) – more... via phone, identifying and fulfilling requests, and passing along more research intensive requests to coworkers when required.
Accurately and completely captured information regarding member (customer) requests, and update into systems appropriately.
Consistently provide high-level customer service in a fast paced, structured environment.
Work towards pre-defined individual performance objectives based on customer satisfaction, productivity and overall positive / proactive behavior – less
Would work for them again
Onsite & Virtual Concierge (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 1, 2014
I loved working for Circles. My direct support was always there.
Decent Job
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: shorts breaks, micromanaged.
Call center job that can be overwhelming and micromanaged. A lot of co-workers complained about the job but I personally never had an issue. Found it very easy to take time off that I needed, pay was great for the type of job it is, and co-workers were all great.
Concierge for American Express= Worst job ever !!!!
Concierge (Former Employee), ChelmsfordJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good insurance, 15.50 @ hr if work past 9pm.
Cons: management is so bad . in this economy the rate of people that quit that job is mind boggling .
Horrible management and hours .You will notice on here that everyone who likes this job is from Burlington , Canada . The Chelmsford site is so poorly run From Tara the Head manager all the way down .
Poor Management but good benefits
Concierge (Former Employee), ChelmsfordMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else especially the management
Benefits are good, however the company is very poorly run Specifically the Leaders of the floor and their managers. They say they will help with schedule changes which is not true, they say change policies and can't even tell you why it is a good thing or if it will work. It used to be fun, but now it is all about number and they do not review the client – more... surveys. People were discharged for bad surveys, yet the surveys were not even about the employee or the issue. The management will constantly dissect all of the calls they deem as bad but will not waste time on the positive calls. – less
Incompetent and exploitive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: overtime offered
Cons: management, company practices
I was told by one of my managers 2 or 3 times to act more "gay" while I was interacting with customers as to come off more appealing to them. Managers also would huddle together in rooms or on the floor talking about their fantasy sports gambling and other non business related subjects while the members of their team would be very busy and sometimes – more... need their assistance. Company also would let go of people regularly after a short time of employment as to not give raises; being a Sodexo company the practice is not that surprising. – less
Current Tenured Employee
CCP (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: everything else
Do not work here. It is the worst job you will ever have. Everything you do is wrong, even if it's right. You will be micro-managed, scrutinized, and expected to meet unattainable goals. There is no work/life balance. If you were in a 10 car pile-up and had to have all of your limbs amputated, they'd expect you to be at work the following day. And if – more... you weren't and you were out of available call-outs, you'd be put on a warning. There are no exceptions for missing a day of work.

You are held accountable for things that are out of your control, constantly fixing other people's mistakes and then blamed for their mishaps. You are rushed to complete work and take another call and then reprimanded because you didn't take enough time to send quality results, or spend enough time on each call.
Trying to get time off is nearly impossible. You need to know one year in advance what dates you need off otherwise you are screwed.

Metrics and goals are constantly changing and you never know what you are trying to attain. The systems are outdated and slow and do not support your work load. I could go on forever. – less
Call Center
Senior Service Professional/Concierge (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 3, 2014
Call Center
Poor Hours
Lack of compensation......................
Mediocre place to work that does not care about its employees
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAFebruary 10, 2014
circles used to be a fun place to work but they are constantly changing policy and rules. They do not work with their employees even though the employee handbook states that they will work with you to accommodate any schedule changes due to health or child care issues which they certainly do not
horrible environment with little to no management support.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: decent pay and bonuses
Cons: everything else.
This is a terrible company with horrible hiring practices. They prefer you to not use the bathroom or leave your desk for anything other than your scheduled breaks, your supervisors aren't there to assist you with anything only to nag you about your daily numbers and the management ignores statistics and trends that go against their "model". The bonuses – more... are pretty good, but they will make up reasons to take them away from you. Good employees get fired or quit all the time – less
Stressful workplace
Customer Care Professional (Concierge) (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers and 5 year anniversary sabbatical
Cons: everything else.
The only part of Circles that is positive is the people that work there. Aside from that the company really has no idea on how to run a business. They fire people rapidly and mostly based on client surveys that we have no control over and most of the time have nothing to do with the representative.
They do not care about employees as the business has – more... become 100% about numbers and not about client care.
Top management has refused to assist employees with "out of week" shift swaps, leaving the employees to either call out or miss important life situations.
There is no feeling of job security nor are there any congratulations on a "job well done". – less
Very fun and busy environment
Concierge (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MADecember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch
24 hour company taking callls helping clients with all personal things.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MANovember 11, 2013
Circles is a great company to work for. How would I describe a typical day at work? I arrive and log into my phone. I begin speaking with American Express Platinum Card Members about their wants and needs. Some members need assistance in simple tasks such as securing a reservation at a popular Manhattan restaurant, while others need assistance in planning – more... their honeymoons start to finish. It's definitely a job that keeps you on your toes, as each and every call is different.

Management is management. Their job is to keep service levels at and above goal. The hardest part about the job is when there's such a heavy call volume and you're trying to give your time and attention to one specific person. I have always felt it is important. Our company strives to give the best customer experience out there, but when heavy call volume is in progress, it can make it kind of difficult to manage. I just make sure I treat each client to the best of my ability.

My favorite part about this job is the relationships I'm able to form over the phone - as short as they may be. The ability to be able to assist someone in creating a life-long memory makes the job worth it. – less
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MASeptember 30, 2013
This company is great to work for and I highly suggest applying for the Customer Service Professional Position.

About Circles

Headquartered in Boston, MA, Circles is the leading provider of concierge and loyalty marketing services. Circles creates engagement: – Read more

Circles Photos