Circle K
1,195 reviews

Circle K Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Memphis,TNNovember 18, 2014
Circle K was one of my favorite jobs. The pay wasn't enough but I learned alot and had the oppurtunity to exercise my interpersonal skills while being employed there. Management staff could have been better.
Expect way to much and offer way to little
CASHIER (Former Employee), Columbus, Indiana 47203November 18, 2014
Pros: it is a job
Cons: insurance pay work schedule
You're expected to maintain about every aspect of the store for little more than minimum wage. Co-workers want to put off work on the next person or next shift. Market Manager tells you things to please you for the time being but then never follows through with what he has promised.
did not take time to train thoroughly
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee), Milton, FLNovember 17, 2014
did not take time to train me thoroughly and specify my duties before I was left to run the store alone
Interesting place to work
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2014
I would go in and stock inventory. Then I would clean up and serve customers. I learned to be more patient
Productive and fun workplace
Lead CSR (Former Employee), Los Banos, CANovember 16, 2014
Very fast paced work place
Get customers in an out fast
Not fair at all cut your hours if you don't want to come in on your day off. Fix there time clock when they are late, blame and get you in trouble for things they did.
Love meeting new people and best part of the job is the customers
The worst job I have had
Sales associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2014
The worst job I have ever had.The store manager was rude and never gave the lower level employees the time they requested off. Refused to work around other jobs. Was forced into working overnights when they fired another employee even though it was against my availability .
I LEARN HOW HANDLE AT STORE IN ALL PART
INTERNSHIP STUDENT (Former Employee), Sandakan, M12November 13, 2014
Pros: on time finish work, on time come work and ability of work
Cons: late payment supplier, late pay salary staff
-THE STORE AS RETAIL
-I LEARN CAN HANDLE MONEY, CAN DO IT WORK IN STORE ,CAN KEY IN INVOICE ANDA DATA ,CAN MAKE EOD(END OF DATE), CAN SERVE CUSTOMER, HANDLE SERVICE FOOD AND CAN BANKING .
-MANAGEMENT IS SO FAR GOOD BUT SOMETIMES BALANCE
-NOT, I INTERNSHIP STUDENT ONLY AND WITH GRADUATE
-I LIKE HANDLE ALL JOB
-I ENJOY MY PART AREA OFFICE AND CASHIER.
circle k
cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2014
i loved working for circle k, taught me face to face customer service, and cash handling skills
The job was a face pace store that served customers and keep the store stocked and maintanced hourly, and had fresh items to drink and eat
Cashier (Current Employee), Phoenix,AZNovember 12, 2014
Pros: always positive attitudes
Cons: always super busy
It is a fast pace company. They service hundreds of customers daily. It has a lot of items for convince, I enjoyed working there, at 1850 W happy valley , the management was always willing to educate the staff. I loved this job.
Liked working there got along with all the employees
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Springerville, AZNovember 12, 2014
Circle k was a very fun place to work. Loved talking and meeting new people. I learned how to be a team player and help out others re doing the cooler,stocking the candy. The least thing i didnt like about this job was having to leave and move to Washington.
Circle K
Store General Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
Great company for advancement. Not so great for family life if you're a manager.
work ethic is a little off varying from store to store
Cashier (Former Employee), dobson rd & warnerNovember 11, 2014
Pros: varies from store to store
Cons: sometimes night shifts were a litttle scary
I was trained for a day or two and then released after a week of working with another coworker to start working solo on night shifts from 10pm to 6am. At my first store the coworkers were very nice, fun environment and relaxed atmosphere. Everything was done to our managers specifications. And when I had to switch to a different store the atmosphere was very stoic and I was made aware that I was unwanted at that store and the coworkers had all been working together for 10+ years and weren't fond of new comers. I never met the manager the short while I was working there and was soon released from hours at that store.
Terrible workplace where management would steal money and then blame it on new employees to get them fired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2014
Pros: the only pro was getting tips from customers from the casino machines.
Cons: management was the worst i have ever experienced in my life.
I would never work here again. I would also never recommend that anyone ever work there. It is a terrible work environment where employees and customers are talked down to by management.
Never agin
Store Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2014
Greeted customers and provided excellent services on a daily basis
Received orders, computed calculations on the computer and received money from customers while providing accurate change
Maintained cleanliness throughout the entire store and resolved conflict
Loved the place felt like family there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZNovember 7, 2014
Pros: felt like family there
Great environment to work in, professional and friendly. Boss was very fair to her employees
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 6, 2014
Just horrible after the company sold to the franchisee. would not recommend anyone to work for them, Del Rosa store and Highland Store
Very fast paced, upbeat place
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee), Bryan, OHNovember 6, 2014
Pros: we had someone else working with us on first and second shift, customers & employees knew eachother by name
Cons: the insurance was not great, not a long break, no lunch break
A typical day at Circle K is very stressful. You deal with customers that are happy one second and then they start calling you names. Its a very busy place so in between running around the store trying to keep the store clean and waiting on the customers you have to remind yourself and coworker to breathe.
What I learned working at Circle K is that you can not please everyone. No matter how hard you try to make them happy they are just dead set on being unhappy.
The management there was okay. She was not the most perfect boss but she was by far my favorite. Sometimes she crossed lines that should not have even had to be addresses but overall she was an understanding boss that was nice to her employees.
My co-workers at Circle K relied on me a lot more than they should have. If something went wrong, they called me to try and fix it. If someone did not come in for work, quit, or called off they called me first. They did not actually step up in my eyes. I felt like I had to spoon feed them because they did not want to take the time out of their day to try and learn how to be better at their job.
The hardest part of the job for me would have to have been the hours that I worked. I was hired for part time and I worked more than full time employees did. I worked anywhere from 29 hours to 45 hours in a week. Most of those hours served consecutively. That was not my problem though. I was only hired for second shift. I ended up being thrown on all three shifts. I could work first Saturday, come in for third that night, and be back Sunday for second shift. I was physically drained by time I quit.
The most enjoyable part of the job was nothing to do with the job itself. It had to do with how well the employees got along. We were always laughing, always smiling, and always had eachother's backs. We were close to each other. It was great to feel like I did not have co workers, I had friends.
This job sucked
CRS (Former Employee), Phoenix AzNovember 5, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: crazy hours
The hours they had me working were unreasonable. The one thing that was good about this job was the customers and co workers.
productive and fun environment
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2014
Helping customers with their purchase. I learned how to deal with different type of customers. Management was not as good as they could have been. I got a long with most of my co-workers and they all did there jobs as they seen fit. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the co-workers acting like we was back in high school.. The part i enjoyed the most was helping customers and getting to know them
Great Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, OHNovember 4, 2014
Worked third shift so I just kept store clean and handle custmors

About Circle K

Alimentation Couche-Tard can gas up you and your car on both sides of the US-Canada border. It's the second-largest convenience – Read more