Circle K
1,198 reviews

Circle K Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good starter job. Wouldn't make it a career though.
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks on the clock, live close by, and management
Cons: terrible pay for the working conditions, next to no benefits, and no help for every shift
A typical day at work would leave me exhausted and drained. Most of the customers are cranky and almost never gave the register operator the time of day. We were just pieces of meat for them to give money to and pump out the products they wanted. Through it all I did learn how to handle customer complaints better. The best thing about Circle K has to be the management and employees. It never is a dull day when I get the chance to work with someone. The hardest part of the job has to be the fact that I had to run the ENTIRE store by myself. Keeping the store clean, stocked, and handling customers was very tiresome and almost impossible when working by myself.
Fun times
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Good work environment excellent coffee. Interesting customers. Working at Circle K make you feel like you are working multiple jobs, customer service, counceling, janitor, coffee maker, gas pump attendant, bouncer. all and all not that bad of a place to work. pay could be better though.
Nice business to work for
Customer service (Current Employee), Zephyrhills FlJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: training
We start by opening our shift -- greeting customer as they come into the convenice store. Doing good customer service -- stocking and refacing of shevles. Making sure food is hot and available for the customer. Doing closing of shift and end of day paperwork. The staff has been great to work. The training program needs to be looked at -- some of the training isn't getting done at the training stores.
some that is a little hard for me is the lottery
not a very good place to work for
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: bad company
the store that i was at is terrible. bad management, no hours, the store is always busy with no help.
Excellent
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: short lunches
Working at circle k was awesome. The customer service and the hard work. My bosses were wonderful. I wish some of my co-workers at times were more motivated but nobody has control of others. I learned so much and being a fast learner helped in my promotions. I always enjoyed going to work and that's due to my customers and supervisors.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Hampton, NHJanuary 14, 2015
I loved going to work everyday and working with my fellow co-workers. It was a laid back enviroment but still had all the structure of a fortune 500 company. The customer base was excellent. We saw alot of the same people and loved to see them whenever they came in.
Great friendly service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great customer service
Cons: no lunch breaks
Great teamwork clean store great customer service always helped when needed. Great benefits. Lots of room for advancement
great learning Experience
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: no breaks
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people.
turn overs is the hardest part of the job
Steady work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: it's a job that pays money
Cons: no breaks, and upper management doesn't care/talk to cashiers
If you come to work on time and do your job it is really easy to advance in the company.
fun place to work, minimum wage and not much room for advancement
P.O.S. clerk (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free refills all day long while working, not bad benefits
fun, fast paced work. lots of friendly people, co workers were awesome.
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Since I was an assistant manager, I was in charge of making schedules, cash audits, store orders, bank runs, balancing out the day before making sure that the day balances out, making sure that we as a team have number 1 customer service and upbeat, and being a team leading and helping other employees succeed,
Stressful and Low Pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: just about everything else
Although Circle K is a great place to visit and shop, I do not have the same opinion as an employee. A typical day at work includes running around like a chicken with your head cut off because none of the other employees (including the manager and assistant) have done their responsibilities. You are paid minimum wage to work by yourself in one of the busiest gas and convenience stores and expected to have everything cleaned and ready for each costumer while you are not aloud to leave the register because there are constantly costumers needing to be serviced. The managers prefer to sit in their office because they are "backed up on paperwork" and only come out of the office if absolutely necessary. The only way to enjoy this job is to think about how much you need a paycheck, even though your hours are limited and your lucky to make 200 a week.
Circle K
Customer Service (Current Employee), baton rouge, laJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: work night shift
Cons: no overtime
Help customers with the things they need to buy. Then I have to stock the floor and the coolers every night. Make coffee and put the food on the grill. Then the store so it will be clean when the day shift comes in.

I love my co-workers most of the time they come in on time. When they don't it's ok cause I do not mine stay a little bit over.

The hardest part is not being able to get any overtime

I love working nights. I love cleaning and stocking the cooler
its a nice place to work
csr (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2015
the customers are awesome my coworkers are great I don't think it would be what it is honestly with out the customers I do wish the pay was more because just like we have sweet and kind customers we also have rub just plain down right mean customers
Only if desperate
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free soda
Cons: no breaks. staying for 2 shifts. minimum pay. part time only. no discounts.
Really bad company to work for. They do not care about you. There are several assistant managers who are ready to be store managers but none of them ever want to. Employees last here 3 months on average and everyone is always being called in to cover for someone else's shift and graveyard.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2015
Typical day would be serving the general public, providing quality customer service, inventory, and managing large sums of money. I learned how to provide great customer service. Management was very active in the workplace I loved working under the Company. The hardest part of the job was having to work in an open environment wasn't secure. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet customers from different areas and building a connection with all customers.
not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Laplace, LAJanuary 6, 2015
the pay is nice bu they always playing with your money. they are always low on employees
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2015
great place to work with people, whether it be customers, fellow employees and management.
Fun and productive workplce
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 3, 2015
It was pretty fun working there , good benefits , you get paid weekly we have 401k as well so it wasnt too bad.
It was a pretty fun job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: getting to know the regular customers and make friends, steady hours, good job security, benefits
Cons: short or no breaks at all, no lunch break, tendeny to get stressful at times, very low hourly wage
In the year I worked for Circle K, I did a lot for the store I worked at. The daily routine did get to be somewhat monotonous, but the customers are what kept me going. Being new to town when I started working there, I made a lot of good friends from the other side of the register - I don't mean to brag, but I was a favorite amongst most of the customers. This job taught me a lot about working a point of sale system, handling money, handling food & beverages, and overall customer service. There was nothing too hard about this job, really. Standing for 8+ hours a day would get tiresome, but was never an issue for my bad knees.

About Circle K

Alimentation Couche-Tard can gas up you and your car on both sides of the US-Canada border. It's the second-largest convenience – Read more