Cintas

Cintas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place where one can really grow as a person
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: very long hours and pressure to make sales targets
No day is the same, as you are driving a different route everyday within a specific region and visiting as many as 30 customers in a day.
I learned about the importance of never making a promise that I am uncertain if I can follow through on and to always build relationships with clients.
At Cintas, you are a member of a large team of salesmen/women – more... and SSRs who truly work together to make the customer experience the best it can be. We delivered uniforms, towels, sanitary equipment and supplies.
The most difficult part of the job was trying to resign customers to rental contracts when other companies are approaching them and trying to undersell your pricing. This is why it was important to create a good relationship with the client so that they could see the value of our service over that of another company. Our goal was to increase the value of Cintas for our stockholders, clients and partners by exceeding our customers expectations.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships with the customers and my co-workers who would often time run errands to customers near their routes as a favour to me when those customers ran out of products.It really was like a big team. – less
Worthless trainings. Loves to waste your time
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), MinnesotaMay 21, 2014
Pros: four day work week.
Cons: managers are worthless, lie, have excuses on not paying you bonuses
To many meetings and managers always look to micro manage you. Benefits are good but they always look and find ways to cut your pay and add more work to you. Its never managers problem, always the workers.
ok
New Account Installer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2014
its ok to work here,driving long distances,
great people.customer service is the number one thing for this company
Garment Inspector (Former Employee), Chester, VAMay 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no air given
This job was okay consider but it was very hot and hard but I work there until I found something better with higher pay. The best part of my job was working with my coworkers because we had fun while working and everything was done. The hardest part was the heat in the building and a typical day for me was to inspect uniforms for defects and management – more... was confusing because the supervisors would quit at the drop of a dime. – less
Great Company to work for!
Facility Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 14, 2014
Great Compnay to work for and great potential to make six figures. Benefits are great.
Fast paced, high volume environment, large customer base
Office Manager (Former Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAMay 13, 2014
Good management trainee program, long hours and weekends at times. Big on career advancement and development and benefits
Great Company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXMay 13, 2014
Again lots of opportunity to advance within the company. Multi tasking a must, on feet all day in outside weather.
Not the worst job , but I can't recommend it though.
Mobile Shred Operator (Current Employee), Houston,TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week.all the ice you need, free water jug&boots.if you usually get your work done, bosses leave you alone.
Cons: a lot of work for not enough pay, lack of communication sometimes, turnover rate is a little high in and out of the office.
I believe the 4 day work week keeps a lot of the guys here,a lot to be said for it.But none of the drivers are happy here,or view this as a permanent job.The guys I have watched go in to the office for "advancement" seem unhappy with their decision.If the workload was reasonable and the pay met the standard for 2014,it would really change things.Some – more... routes really aren't bad,but the ones that are makes it feel that it's not worth it.The customers are the best parts of the day. – less
Jack of All Trades for this Company
Office Manager - HR Coordinator-Customer Service (Former Employee), Conroe, TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, off site meetings
Cons: long hours
My day started at 6:30 a.m. daily and included, working in collections (specifically collecting on 60-90 past due accounts) made 20-30 calls daily. Followup on calls made on a daily basis.
Meeting with General Manager, Service Managers, and Accounts Receivables Clerk. Supervised the Receptionist and AR Clerk so provided for their needs. Ordered supplies, – more... processed payroll for my team, monthly billing reports, counted and verified collected money from route drivers. Assisted with HR activities, including hiring and witness terminations, (that weren't my own staff). I conducted Orientation and interviewed employees for Plant, Driver, and Office Positions.
The hardest part of the job was too many hats. I enjoyed the employees, working and talking with customers and the office managers. – less
Great company to work for.
Sales Professional- Document Management (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAMay 11, 2014
Pros: comprehensive benefit packages were great
Cons: service failures would occasionally hinder business relationships with clients.
Meetings in the early morning. This would be followed by setting up appointments for retention, penetration and conversion sales calls for the day and week. Field work would follow.
No culture
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 10, 2014
Great benefits and insurance but that is about it. Always finding a way to pay the employee less money. Lots of changes and never for the better. I am sure it is like other companies, but more work and less pay.
Fast paced and hard work
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 7, 2014
Great to see a different side to an industry that you didn't even know existed. Hard work but fair pay and 4-day work weeks...
Great place
Fire Core Sales Representative (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 2, 2014
Overall a great place to work. Very tough on their workers but they are able to promote within very fast.
ok work place
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: shot breaks
if your Mexican its a good place to work other than that its ok
Cintas
Bulk Folding and Mat Rolling (Former Employee), Painesville, OHApril 28, 2014
Pros: worked with great people.
Cons: expect you to do way more then one person can do in three days in one day.
A good company, and great co-workers. Management isn't the best.
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2014
Cintas taught me about customer relationships. I learned the importance of strong communication skills, and the integrity of your service. The hardest part was the lack of resources (raw materials). The most enjoyable part of the job was work life balance.
Extremely aggressive & challenging company, view more as a job vs a career
Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAApril 28, 2014
Pros: rewarding position, training cpr.
Cons: management, not even at a management 101 level.
I grew professionally with Cintas. However most of my growth was due to self motivation, promised training rarely materialized.
My typical day consisted of 10+ hours and frequent evening and weekend hours.
While I loved what I was doing (CPR & Safety instructor) it was extremely stressful dealing with management on a daily basis. Naturally the highest – more... quality results were expected, but with as little involvement from management as possible. – less
Industry Leader
MANAGER (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 27, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: long hours
A ton of work and long hard days, but the pay is good. Cintas is great at hiring and developing the best people.
Very physical
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Statesville, NCApril 25, 2014
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: working conditions for very long hours
This is a delivery company for customers who need uniforms, bar towels, and other things that businesses need to perform their daily tasks. The management was never willing to help with customers that the employee could not reach their satisfaction and would allow an individual to fail because they were not meeting the customers expectations. The other – more... employees were also not willing to help when one needed it. The hardest part of the job was the lifting of heavy products, working in weather conditions whether hot, cold, raining, or snowing; the job still had to be done. – less
Slow and steady
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: not innovative
Cintas is a great organization that values its employees. I am most impressed with how steadily they've grown their business since its founding 85 years ago. Not the most innovative company, they move slowly into profitable businesses.
This conservative (slow) growth, and the fact that they are in the services industry, means that their pay tends to – more... be slightly lower than competitive. However, job security is great. – less

About Cintas

Businesses, large and small, trust us to handle their uniform, facility services, first aid & safety, fire protection, and – Read more

Cintas Photos