Cintas Employee Reviews

Laid back environment but terrible management and moral and low salary with no advancement opportunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 April 2015
There is no movement within the company in terms of advancement. The training is non-existent.
This location in particular has very lazy and unprofessional service managers who bully their employee's and constantly talk about them behind their backs. The location itself is a dump and has next to no heat or a/c. Don't work here.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
low pay, bullying, lazy and terrible environment
ancienne employé
journaliere (Former Employee) –  Boucherville28 February 2015
tres physique,aucune posibilité davancement,aucun support moral,l aspect difficile ses d etre lesser a toi meme aucune collaboration de ton chef d équipe,le seule avatage ses tes assurance mais tu doit etre permanent pour les assurance,le seul aspect agreable les employé,,,,,,,
Pros
aucune
Cons
lessert a toi meme
Bust your back for very little pay.
Loader / Unloader (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2015
Unloader / Loader position ;

Horrible schedule , work from 1-10 or 11 pm. You have to work in either very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures . You have to absolutely bust your back to get your job done on time and be out before 11 pm. All this for $ 13.00 a hour. The worst part is that you get treated like mules to unload and re load these trucks for little pay while the drivers get triple the money to go deliver it and talk to the customers. If you do have a legitimate complaint , and you go to your manager they will literally tell you they " do not have time " to deal with your complaints / ideas. They talk a big game but fall short when it counts.
Pros
Good work out, walk over 30 km's a day
Cons
Low pay, treated like a mule, management.
Overall was an interesting place of employment.
Project / Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
Working with sales to provide valuable information to clients i.e: budget, delivery dates. Handling any issues that arose and providing solutions that would benefit the company and the clients.

Management was adequate.

With respect to co-workers, there were those who worked hard and as a team. There were others who just showed up. Unfortunately this did not help those us us who were there to be productive.

The work was enticing and kept you busy. The hardest part was working as a team with those who were just there to get paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the successful roll out of a program and the client's satisfaction. Put a smile on your face and made all the hard work worth while.
'Sin'tas
Mechanical Maintenance Partner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2015
I was a Maintenance Partner, they hired me because I have my 4th Class Power Engineering ticket so they are legally covered by Albertas boiler laws. What they should really hire is a Millwright.

Cintas will really sell the position in interviews. They will speed up the hiring process to get you locked in and its not until after you understand what is like to work in a Cintas plant.

Their plants are built using the cheapest methods possible, its very cookie cut. One staff bathroom in the office side of plant, cant just put another one in production Cintas? CHEAP.

They have extensive safety training because of the employees that have died on the job in previous years. I felt like I was a 1st gradee being taught common sense.

Their benefits are not the best. They dont even cover quiting smoking medications. You get NO SICK TIME. If your sick they still want you there! They offer the lowest vacation time and you dont get paid vacation until you have served for a year....and really its you who pays for your vacation time they take little amounts from each pay cheque to cover when you use it down the road.

The fumes and chemicals in the plant are toxic and cancerous but they wont tell you this or talk about it. If you care for your personal long term health do not work here.

Unpaid breaks and lunches. You scan in using a card and they round down to the nearest 15 minute intervals always.

Lot of the management have low IQ and common sense...however they are nice people. That doesnt compensate for the constant screw ups they make and the employees end up paying
  more... for.

This company is fake, dont be tricked, its the worst place i have ever worked because of the dirty/toxic atmosphere, physical demands all day each day, poor equipment always breaking down...and they dont care about the environment at all.

They pump up to 75000 gallons of dirty water with chemicals into or sewer system. Then just pay the fines since its cheaper in the long run.

Stop polluting our atmosphere Cintas. This is very much an American company with low morals and ethics.

SINTAS
Pros
nice people
Cons
toxic, unhealthy, back breaking, no ethics, environmentally unfriendly, cheap
If youlike labor then a great place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2015
Good place to work good people and benefits. Flexible on hours for Friday shift as normally you're done within three hours.
good h.r. Mangement
Pros
Get benefits after 2 weeks
Cons
Long Hours
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 January 2015
Good staff. Who are very polite. Customer Service Representative is a fairly easy job. Great pay.
Pros
Great pay
Productive and great co workers
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 August 2014
With the company Cintas, it is a great company to work at. Where you work as a team with great co workers assisting you with any needs. What I have improve on during my time at Cintas was my abilities to work with others. Cintas strongly enforce team work as a day to day basis and that is also one of the most enjoyable part of the job. To be able to connect with your co workers and feel as one.
Flexible
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 August 2014
At Cintas you are allowed to start as early as you need. I was fully SMITH trained and Safety Certified. Most co-workers are great and easy to get along with. The job can sometimes be overwhelming and stressful but is very rewarding. We have team outing on a quarterly basis and a company BBQ once a month. Overall its a rewarding career.
Pros
missing traffic, ability to start as early as needed.
Cons
Heavy lifting
Terrible management
aaa (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 July 2014
Terrible interview process. Management and HR does not care about anything.
Cons
7 interviews for a junior position, your time and talent won't get valued
Great company which has given me an outstanding start to my career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2014
I have really enjoyed my time with Cintas. They are very focused on training and developing skills. Each location is vastly different in the culture and mentality of the employees.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
offices are often run down
Not a place to feel valued
Catalogue Manger (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2014
work/ family is completely off balance, always working extra hours which you are not compensated for. Heaven forbid you need to get home to your family
not bad
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 April 2014
its a typical warehouse/plant job. long boring shifts, learned how to operate 1 ton trucks, management is too soft. give every1 days off at the same time and screw the people left working over. good mix of young/old coworkers, hardest thing is the hours
long day of driving a truck to diffenert destinations
Service Security Representative (Former Employee) –  missisauga, ON1 April 2014
driving a mobile truck to pick up documentations from different destination for the purpose of shredding and destroying them.
daily check up of truck safety and cleanliness.
doing a daily paperwork.
daily loading and unloading of truck equipments.
Horrible Management
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 March 2014
The management is horrible and unable to deal with in-house issues. I worked above and beyond what was asked for me and when given a promotion they waited two months and I never saw the 'promotion'. Was being bullied and walked all over and HR and management did nothing. They lost a good worker who loved their job even though the pay was bad.
Cons
Low pay, bad management, don't care for well-being of employees just that their job gets done
agreable
Préposé aux commandes (Former Employee) –  Boucherville20 March 2014
j'ai acquis d'experience canadiene. travail typique dans usine.
Solid company with challenges at the local level.
SERVICE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2014
Cintas was very good to me on a variety of levels, with the opportunity at times to learn valuable skills from a talented pool of leaders and colleagues. Unfortunately over time, this talent pool was eroded and replaced with individuals who did not embody the spirit of how Cintas says they want to do business, or treat their employees.

There is an arrogance to middle management, in that they are unable or unwilling to adapt to market conditions. They also project a bonus cheque first, people second attitude.

Hardest part of the job is the complete disregard for work-life balance of middle management. They model and impose this on everyone.

Greatest part of the job is the quality of people that Cintas attracts via strong recruiting and an excellent track record in other markets. I only hope that things improve locally before more of these great folks move on to companies that value them beyond tools to improve middle managements bonus cheques.
Pros
Training Available, excellent people in general
Cons
Lack of work/life balance. Middle management questionable ethics.
Drove a van around and cleaned bathrooms
Sanis Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2013
I drove a van around Calgary and Red Deer and cleaned bathrooms. I worked from 4:30am to 4:30pm four days a week. The main focus of the company was on a different department and therefore I felt like I was often being overlooked.
fun great atmosphère
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2013
co-workers are amazing to work with we are like a family
i owe alot to cintas because they helped me grow into thier company and become who became today.the hardest part of the job is i really do not have a found my place in life and that is selling i love my job
but iam ready for a new challange in my life
Pros
build my own week
Milieu agréable
Entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC11 August 2013
J'ai travaillé dans un environnement agréable qui n'est décevant.
Au travail parfois on trouve des moments difficiles C'est le travail, par ce que il y a des moments qui demandent plus d'énergie il faut être en mesure pour qu'on puisse gérer votre stress avec efficacité.
Dans quelque soit le travail il y a toujours des moments difficiles.
Pros
Milieu agréable
Cons
manque de possibilité d'avancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval