Cintas Employee Reviews

Productive and energetic place to work with a strong focus on safety
Sales -Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 May 2016
Cintas is an excellent place to work with a strong focus on safety for their employees. They have an extensive training program that sets you up for success.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 April 2016
Hard work, no micro management, must be independent and great with customers. Cintas is an absolutely fantastic company to work for.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2016
I really enjoy working for them
the reason why i did not go back it because it is to slow and right now alot of peoples got layd off
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great partners
Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
Great people to work with, management team not the greatest, little room for advancement. Salary very low for the job required, benefits ok,
Review
Office (Current Employee) –  Mason, ON15 February 2016
Run, seriously I mean that run for your life. Getting a job here is anything but a good thing. You would be better off being unemployed than working here!!! This is the worst job of my life, I have been belittled, overworked, severely underpaid, bullied, ridiculed, treated with absolutely no dignity, civility, respect or decency since I've been working here and can't wait to quit! It's so bad I feel like committing suicide when I leave work half the time and contemplate when I am at work. Jobs don't get any worse than Cintas.
Cons
An excellent business to establish and improve yourself
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
Cintas is difficult to put into words, it is 100% a self driven give and take job. The more you put into it, the more it will give back to you.
The guys you work alongside on the ground with are what make this company great.

However the training you receive and the real life situations you will come into are really what sets this company above. You polish, fine tune, or even gain your personality and business skills through a company like this as you will be placed in situations that require you to be a strong minded individual on a consistent basis.

The training is extensive and will set you up for success, although you will have to keep your mind open to change as this company changes its policies, and rules, and regulations often to better suit their corporations needs and goals.

The beginning is always the hardest anywhere you go, especially with Cintas. You will have to be willing to study the material, work many extra unpaid hours, and continuously push yourself to succeed.

Overall is a great place to start your first career and gain world applicable knowledge, and polish your own set of skills.
Pros
Team dinners, team outings, extensive training, role plays.
Cons
Unrealistic goals and expectations, low commission structure
Machine Operator, Loading and Unloading
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2016
It was fun except i was in school and the schedule was related.
I choose to finish the school and after i finished my courses I found a job in auto Industry.
Na
Facility Service Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2015
Great company, amazing training program. Invest in their people! Weekly pressure to maintain quota is high pressure and high stress.
Best place I have ever worked!
Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
The most exciting adventurous job I have ever herd of. Incredible life experiences. Great team and management to work with. extremely rewarding position, except for the monetary compensation
Pros
Incredible experiences while on the job
Cons
low compensation
a lot of driving
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2015
I got to drive all over the city. I met a lot of people on my routes. I learned how to organize my daily routes to make it as efficient as possible.
Pros
good hours
Cons
city driving
very nice work space, with spacious lunch room
laborer (Former Employee) –  etobicko10 August 2015
it was great opportunity, you get to learn about their company in such a short time. all of us got along very well, we get smoke breaks and and its not just one person going out its like half the staff. we don't have similar ways but in a way we can all relate.
Cons
nice pay
To much responsibility but theres breakfest at meetings
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2015
Good hours but little work/life balance. Management is kind to your face but dont mess it or everything changes very quickly.
Great trainning. unorganized mamagement. Little manager involvement.
Business to buisness sales person (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2015
Cintas overall is a great company. However Edmonton specifically had trouble on the service end of the business. As a salesperson my job was to sell to new customers. Unfortunately the service I sold was to much for the service team to handle. On a very consistent basis my customers would not receive their products and services. The service truck would show up with no clean uniforms, or entrance mats etc. Sales and service management was very disconnected making it so improvements were unlikely to ever happen. My status is still great with Cintas today.
Pros
great out of town trainers
Cons
inconisitent pay
overall decent company to work for
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2015
great company to work for, the people weren't the greatest, gave very limited room for error!! Management tended to demand respect but didn't want to give much or any at all!!!

co workers all had the same complaints!! nothing was being done to change the issues being brought forward.
Pros
on the road everyday, you are your own boss on the road
Cons
long hours at time, low respect level from management
Good place to work for some people.
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor27 April 2015
I enjoy delivering to my customer base, making sales, getting leads, and most of what my day involves. Being trained through sessions, one on ones, through training on demand (internet) and the daily grind has made me a well rounded service/sales man. My coworkers are great, and my day is mostly filled with smiles. My management is brutal. I am regularly on the top of the board for numbers, but I get overlooked and bullied. It has become too much to overlook at this point.
Pros
Good training, nice benefits.
Cons
Tough work.
Amazing company to work for!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2015
I started at Cintas as a Service Manager and I was groomed very early to take on more as Cintas and I became an immediate fit. I fell in love with the people and culture and did well in my role as Service Manager. I was promoted to General Manager 3 years later and enjoy leading a Sales/Production/Operations/Office team of 150 people. We service 5000 customers in the local area. I enjoy keeping the team safe and happy on a daily basis.
Laid back environment but terrible management and moral and low salary with no advancement opportunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 April 2015
There is no movement within the company in terms of advancement. The training is non-existent.
This location in particular has very lazy and unprofessional service managers who bully their employee's and constantly talk about them behind their backs. The location itself is a dump and has next to no heat or a/c. Don't work here.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
low pay, bullying, lazy and terrible environment
ancienne employé
journaliere (Former Employee) –  Boucherville28 February 2015
tres physique,aucune posibilité davancement,aucun support moral,l aspect difficile ses d etre lesser a toi meme aucune collaboration de ton chef d équipe,le seule avatage ses tes assurance mais tu doit etre permanent pour les assurance,le seul aspect agreable les employé,,,,,,,
Pros
aucune
Cons
lessert a toi meme
Bust your back for very little pay.
Loader / Unloader (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2015
Unloader / Loader position ;

Horrible schedule , work from 1-10 or 11 pm. You have to work in either very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures . You have to absolutely bust your back to get your job done on time and be out before 11 pm. All this for $ 13.00 a hour. The worst part is that you get treated like mules to unload and re load these trucks for little pay while the drivers get triple the money to go deliver it and talk to the customers. If you do have a legitimate complaint , and you go to your manager they will literally tell you they " do not have time " to deal with your complaints / ideas. They talk a big game but fall short when it counts.
Pros
Good work out, walk over 30 km's a day
Cons
Low pay, treated like a mule, management.
Overall was an interesting place of employment.
Project / Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
Working with sales to provide valuable information to clients i.e: budget, delivery dates. Handling any issues that arose and providing solutions that would benefit the company and the clients.

Management was adequate.

With respect to co-workers, there were those who worked hard and as a team. There were others who just showed up. Unfortunately this did not help those us us who were there to be productive.

The work was enticing and kept you busy. The hardest part was working as a team with those who were just there to get paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the successful roll out of a program and the client's satisfaction. Put a smile on your face and made all the hard work worth while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.