Cintas Employee Reviews

Solid company with challenges at the local level.
SERVICE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2014
Cintas was very good to me on a variety of levels, with the opportunity at times to learn valuable skills from a talented pool of leaders and colleagues. Unfortunately over time, this talent pool was eroded and replaced with individuals who did not embody the spirit of how Cintas says they want to do business, or treat their employees.

There is an arrogance to middle management, in that they are unable or unwilling to adapt to market conditions. They also project a bonus cheque first, people second attitude.

Hardest part of the job is the complete disregard for work-life balance of middle management. They model and impose this on everyone.

Greatest part of the job is the quality of people that Cintas attracts via strong recruiting and an excellent track record in other markets. I only hope that things improve locally before more of these great folks move on to companies that value them beyond tools to improve middle managements bonus cheques.
Pros
Training Available, excellent people in general
Cons
Lack of work/life balance. Middle management questionable ethics.
overall decent company to work for
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2015
great company to work for, the people weren't the greatest, gave very limited room for error!! Management tended to demand respect but didn't want to give much or any at all!!!

co workers all had the same complaints!! nothing was being done to change the issues being brought forward.
Pros
on the road everyday, you are your own boss on the road
Cons
long hours at time, low respect level from management
Review
Office (Current Employee) –  Mason, ON15 February 2016
Run, seriously I mean that run for your life. Getting a job here is anything but a good thing. You would be better off being unemployed than working here!!! This is the worst job of my life, I have been belittled, overworked, severely underpaid, bullied, ridiculed, treated with absolutely no dignity, civility, respect or decency since I've been working here and can't wait to quit! It's so bad I feel like committing suicide when I leave work half the time and contemplate when I am at work. Jobs don't get any worse than Cintas.
Horrible Management
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 March 2014
The management is horrible and unable to deal with in-house issues. I worked above and beyond what was asked for me and when given a promotion they waited two months and I never saw the 'promotion'. Was being bullied and walked all over and HR and management did nothing. They lost a good worker who loved their job even though the pay was bad.
Cons
Low pay, bad management, don't care for well-being of employees just that their job gets done
Great trainning. unorganized mamagement. Little manager involvement.
Business to buisness sales person (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2015
Cintas overall is a great company. However Edmonton specifically had trouble on the service end of the business. As a salesperson my job was to sell to new customers. Unfortunately the service I sold was to much for the service team to handle. On a very consistent basis my customers would not receive their products and services. The service truck would show up with no clean uniforms, or entrance mats etc. Sales and service management was very disconnected making it so improvements were unlikely to ever happen. My status is still great with Cintas today.
Pros
great out of town trainers
Cons
inconisitent pay
All professionals should avoid this place!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Mississauga25 May 2013
If you have integrity, value work ethics and hope to learn and
progress in your career -steer clear of this place!

A lot of old school mentality - not innovative or forward thinking.
Very slow-paced environment.
Benefits are not the best!

As other posters have said, very cheap!
Pros
Friendly, nice people
Cons
Lacks respect and privacy; personal growth and opportunity.
Old fashioned, disconnected, behind the curve place with struggling leadership
Production Supervisor/Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 June 2016
Cintas is a fast pace business. Because processes are inefficient the staff there are required to work much harder than they need to. There are many good practices that other business have adopted that Cintas will take a long time to adopt. This is partly due to the large size of the business. With any large business change is difficult but Cintas doesn't have ISO 9001 slowing it down, it is just slow to change.

The people I worked with were a pleasure to be around and all worked very hard towards the same goal. Cintas is a promote from within type place which keeps employees happy. This also makes change difficult because it stops new ideas from coming from outside. Sometimes a fresh perspective is what turns a process around.

The hardest part of the job was promoting change. It took me one year before I could get approval for a project that I was working on. When we ended up launching that project I was not happy to see the rushed duck taped job that had been completed. Even with the poor launch the project was successful.

Watching the numbers grow and hitting my goals was what I enjoyed most. Really it starts with the people on the floor. Making sure that they feel validated in what they do and not allowing them to except mediocrity. There is a certain high from being asked to do something and then delivering more than what was asked.
Pros
Everyone is trying their best
Cons
Disconnected departments and slow adaptability
Productive and energetic place to work with a strong focus on safety
Sales -Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 May 2016
Cintas is an excellent place to work with a strong focus on safety for their employees. They have an extensive training program that sets you up for success.
To much responsibility but theres breakfest at meetings
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2015
Good hours but little work/life balance. Management is kind to your face but dont mess it or everything changes very quickly.
Overall was an interesting place of employment.
Project / Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
Working with sales to provide valuable information to clients i.e: budget, delivery dates. Handling any issues that arose and providing solutions that would benefit the company and the clients.

Management was adequate.

With respect to co-workers, there were those who worked hard and as a team. There were others who just showed up. Unfortunately this did not help those us us who were there to be productive.

The work was enticing and kept you busy. The hardest part was working as a team with those who were just there to get paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the successful roll out of a program and the client's satisfaction. Put a smile on your face and made all the hard work worth while.
Great company which has given me an outstanding start to my career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2014
I have really enjoyed my time with Cintas. They are very focused on training and developing skills. Each location is vastly different in the culture and mentality of the employees.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
offices are often run down
Bust your back for very little pay.
Loader / Unloader (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2015
Unloader / Loader position ;

Horrible schedule , work from 1-10 or 11 pm. You have to work in either very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures . You have to absolutely bust your back to get your job done on time and be out before 11 pm. All this for $ 13.00 a hour. The worst part is that you get treated like mules to unload and re load these trucks for little pay while the drivers get triple the money to go deliver it and talk to the customers. If you do have a legitimate complaint , and you go to your manager they will literally tell you they " do not have time " to deal with your complaints / ideas. They talk a big game but fall short when it counts.
Pros
Good work out, walk over 30 km's a day
Cons
Low pay, treated like a mule, management.
Laid back environment but terrible management and moral and low salary with no advancement opportunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 April 2015
There is no movement within the company in terms of advancement. The training is non-existent.
This location in particular has very lazy and unprofessional service managers who bully their employee's and constantly talk about them behind their backs. The location itself is a dump and has next to no heat or a/c. Don't work here.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
low pay, bullying, lazy and terrible environment
Better management to run the production
MAT ROLLER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2013
Keep myself productive at all times.If not busy rolling mats,I helped my other co-worker loading or unloading the trucks with dirty stuffs.Management they keep on changing people who run the production.I like my job but there are times that I was not paid for my incentives which is really upsetting because I worked so hard and I deserved to get paid.My job is quite hard because,I work just by myself and no one likes to do my job.If there are a lot of mats to roll it is really hard for me,but I dont mind.The most enjoyable part of my job is that most of my co-worker are my friends too which is somehow helping me to relieve stress.
Pros
N/A
Cons
overtime
If youlike labor then a great place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2015
Good place to work good people and benefits. Flexible on hours for Friday shift as normally you're done within three hours.
good h.r. Mangement
Pros
Get benefits after 2 weeks
Cons
Long Hours
Amazing company to work for!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2015
I started at Cintas as a Service Manager and I was groomed very early to take on more as Cintas and I became an immediate fit. I fell in love with the people and culture and did well in my role as Service Manager. I was promoted to General Manager 3 years later and enjoy leading a Sales/Production/Operations/Office team of 150 people. We service 5000 customers in the local area. I enjoy keeping the team safe and happy on a daily basis.
Flexible
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 August 2014
At Cintas you are allowed to start as early as you need. I was fully SMITH trained and Safety Certified. Most co-workers are great and easy to get along with. The job can sometimes be overwhelming and stressful but is very rewarding. We have team outing on a quarterly basis and a company BBQ once a month. Overall its a rewarding career.
Pros
missing traffic, ability to start as early as needed.
Cons
Heavy lifting
fun great atmosphère
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2013
co-workers are amazing to work with we are like a family
i owe alot to cintas because they helped me grow into thier company and become who became today.the hardest part of the job is i really do not have a found my place in life and that is selling i love my job
but iam ready for a new challange in my life
Pros
build my own week
great learning experience
Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2012
as a general manager I was responsible for the day to day operation of the restaurant. duties included training, budgeting, Inventory control, staff scheduling, food prep. I learned how to effectively manage staff and how to motivate and instruct people to maximize productivity.
Pros
dedicated to training
Machine Operator, Loading and Unloading
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2016
It was fun except i was in school and the schedule was related.
I choose to finish the school and after i finished my courses I found a job in auto Industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.