Cintas

Cintas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Solid company with challenges at the local level.
SERVICE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: training available, excellent people in general
Cons: lack of work/life balance. middle management questionable ethics.
Cintas was very good to me on a variety of levels, with the opportunity at times to learn valuable skills from a talented pool of leaders and colleagues. Unfortunately over time, this talent pool was eroded and replaced with individuals who did not embody the spirit of how Cintas says they want to do business, or treat their employees.

There is an arrogance to middle management, in that they are unable or unwilling to adapt to market conditions. They also project a bonus cheque first, people second attitude.

Hardest part of the job is the complete disregard for work-life balance of middle management. They model and impose this on everyone.

Greatest part of the job is the quality of people that Cintas attracts via strong recruiting and an excellent track record in other markets. I only hope that things improve locally before more of these great folks move on to companies that value them beyond tools to improve middle managements bonus cheques.
Drove a van around and cleaned bathrooms
Sanis Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2013
I drove a van around Calgary and Red Deer and cleaned bathrooms. I worked from 4:30am to 4:30pm four days a week. The main focus of the company was on a different department and therefore I felt like I was often being overlooked.
fun great atmosphère
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: build my own week
Cons: long hours
co-workers are amazing to work with we are like a family
i owe alot to cintas because they helped me grow into thier company and become who became today.the hardest part of the job is i really do not have a found my place in life and that is selling i love my job
but iam ready for a new challange in my life
liked the the four days on 10hr days and 3 days off.
Sales Services Representative (Former Employee), Langley, BCJuly 16, 2013
Good company. good pay, good people, good learning environment.
Better management to run the production
MAT ROLLER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 6, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: overtime
Keep myself productive at all times.If not busy rolling mats,I helped my other co-worker loading or unloading the trucks with dirty stuffs.Management they keep on changing people who run the production.I like my job but there are times that I was not paid for my incentives which is really upsetting because I worked so hard and I deserved to get paid.My job is quite hard because,I work just by myself and no one likes to do my job.If there are a lot of mats to roll it is really hard for me,but I dont mind.The most enjoyable part of my job is that most of my co-worker are my friends too which is somehow helping me to relieve stress.
All professionals should avoid this place!
N/A (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 25, 2013
Pros: friendly, nice people
Cons: lacks respect and privacy; personal growth and opportunity.
If you have integrity, value work ethics and hope to learn and
progress in your career -steer clear of this place!

A lot of old school mentality - not innovative or forward thinking.
Very slow-paced environment.
Benefits are not the best!

As other posters have said, very cheap!
Demanding fast paced work environment
Procurement & Inventory / Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Cons: low pay
Each day was a series of supervised employee functions, payroll, inventory, vendor relations, and daily problem solving.

Learning to be available at all times for any type of situation to arise, and be quick to resolve the situation long term was the most challenging part of the position.

Meeting daily deadlines while maintaining a positive employee moral was a daily challenge.
Although, when we did succeed in meeting the heavy production deadlines and I still saw smiling faces at the end of the day - this was the most rewarding part of the position.
good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: lots of bbqs
Cons: everything is urgent
satisfied with the job, looking for better job opportunities
Fun but productive place to work
Garment Sorter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: piece work pay
The job is labour intensive but it can be very rewarding. It can be a fun place to work. The people are good people to work with.
great learning experience
Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 13, 2012
Pros: dedicated to training
Cons: long hours
as a general manager I was responsible for the day to day operation of the restaurant. duties included training, budgeting, Inventory control, staff scheduling, food prep. I learned how to effectively manage staff and how to motivate and instruct people to maximize productivity.
very fast pace company
Matt Roller (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 5, 2012
very team based service company that depended on quality and speed.
Fast paced environment
Service Sales Rep (Current Employee), London OntarioMarch 5, 2012
Cintas is a well known company in North America. Great place to work. Can be very physically demanding.
ancienne employé
journaliere (Former Employee), BouchervilleFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: aucune
Cons: lessert a toi meme
tres physique,aucune posibilité davancement,aucun support moral,l aspect difficile ses d etre lesser a toi meme aucune collaboration de ton chef d équipe,le seule avatage ses tes assurance mais tu doit etre permanent pour les assurance,le seul aspect agreable les employé,,,,,,,
agreable
Préposé aux commandes (Former Employee), BouchervilleMarch 20, 2014
j'ai acquis d'experience canadiene. travail typique dans usine.
Milieu agréable
Entretien ménager (Current Employee), Boucherville, QCAugust 11, 2013
Pros: milieu agréable
Cons: manque de possibilité d'avancement
J'ai travaillé dans un environnement agréable qui n'est décevant.
Au travail parfois on trouve des moments difficiles C'est le travail, par ce que il y a des moments qui demandent plus d'énergie il faut être en mesure pour qu'on puisse gérer votre stress avec efficacité.
Dans quelque soit le travail il y a toujours des moments difficiles.
Headquarters