Cintas Employee Reviews in Canada

'SIN'TAS
Mechanical Maintenance Partner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2015
I was a Maintenance Partner, they hired me because I have my 4th Class Power Engineering ticket so they are legally covered by Albertas boiler laws. What they should really hire is a Millwright.

Cintas will really sell the position in interviews. They will speed up the hiring process to get you locked in and its not until after you understand what is like to work in a Cintas plant.

Their plants are built using the cheapest methods possible, its very cookie cut. One staff bathroom in the office side of plant, cant just put another one in production Cintas? CHEAP.

They have extensive safety training because of the employees that have died on the job in previous years. I felt like I was a 1st gradee being taught common sense.

Their benefits are not the best. They dont even cover quiting smoking medications. You get NO SICK TIME. If your sick they still want you there! They offer the lowest vacation time and you dont get paid vacation until you have served for a year....and really its you who pays for your vacation time they take little amounts from each pay cheque to cover when you use it down the road.

The fumes and chemicals in the plant are toxic and cancerous but they wont tell you this or talk about it. If you care for your personal long term health do not work here.

Unpaid breaks and lunches. You scan in using a card and they round down to the nearest 15 minute intervals always.

Lot of the management have low IQ and common sense...however they are nice people. That doesnt compensate for the constant screw ups they make and the employees end up paying for.

This company
  more... is fake, dont be tricked, its the worst place i have ever worked because of the dirty/toxic atmosphere, physical demands all day each day, poor equipment always breaking down...and they dont care about the environment at all.

They pump up to 75000 gallons of dirty water with chemicals into or sewer system. Then just pay the fines since its cheaper in the long run.

Stop polluting our atmosphere Cintas. This is very much an American company with low morals and ethics.

SINTAS
Pros
nice people
Cons
toxic, unhealthy, back breaking, no ethics, environmentally unfriendly, cheap
Laid back environment but terrible management and moral and low salary with no advancement opportunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 7, 2015
There is no movement within the company in terms of advancement. The training is non-existent.
This location in particular has very lazy and unprofessional service managers who bully their employee's and constantly talk about them behind their backs. The location itself is a dump and has next to no heat or a/c. Don't work here.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
low pay, bullying, lazy and terrible environment
a lot of driving
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
I got to drive all over the city. I met a lot of people on my routes. I learned how to organize my daily routes to make it as efficient as possible.
Pros
good hours
Cons
city driving
Overall was an interesting place of employment.
Project / Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Working with sales to provide valuable information to clients i.e: budget, delivery dates. Handling any issues that arose and providing solutions that would benefit the company and the clients.

Management was adequate.

With respect to co-workers, there were those who worked hard and as a team. There were others who just showed up. Unfortunately this did not help those us us who were there to be productive.

The work was enticing and kept you busy. The hardest part was working as a team with those who were just there to get paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the successful roll out of a program and the client's satisfaction. Put a smile on your face and made all the hard work worth while.
Bust your back for very little pay.
Loader / Unloader (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Unloader / Loader position ;

Horrible schedule , work from 1-10 or 11 pm. You have to work in either very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures . You have to absolutely bust your back to get your job done on time and be out before 11 pm. All this for $ 13.00 a hour. The worst part is that you get treated like mules to unload and re load these trucks for little pay while the drivers get triple the money to go deliver it and talk to the customers. If you do have a legitimate complaint , and you go to your manager they will literally tell you they " do not have time " to deal with your complaints / ideas. They talk a big game but fall short when it counts.
Pros
good work out, walk over 30 km's a day
Cons
low pay, treated like a mule, management.
Solid company with challenges at the local level.
SERVICE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2014
Cintas was very good to me on a variety of levels, with the opportunity at times to learn valuable skills from a talented pool of leaders and colleagues. Unfortunately over time, this talent pool was eroded and replaced with individuals who did not embody the spirit of how Cintas says they want to do business, or treat their employees.

There is an arrogance to middle management, in that they are unable or unwilling to adapt to market conditions. They also project a bonus cheque first, people second attitude.

Hardest part of the job is the complete disregard for work-life balance of middle management. They model and impose this on everyone.

Greatest part of the job is the quality of people that Cintas attracts via strong recruiting and an excellent track record in other markets. I only hope that things improve locally before more of these great folks move on to companies that value them beyond tools to improve middle managements bonus cheques.
Pros
training available, excellent people in general
Cons
lack of work/life balance. middle management questionable ethics.
very nice work space, with spacious lunch room
laborer (Former Employee) –  etobickoAugust 10, 2015
it was great opportunity, you get to learn about their company in such a short time. all of us got along very well, we get smoke breaks and and its not just one person going out its like half the staff. we don't have similar ways but in a way we can all relate.
Cons
nice pay
Amazing company to work for!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 14, 2015
I started at Cintas as a Service Manager and I was groomed very early to take on more as Cintas and I became an immediate fit. I fell in love with the people and culture and did well in my role as Service Manager. I was promoted to General Manager 3 years later and enjoy leading a Sales/Production/Operations/Office team of 150 people. We service 5000 customers in the local area. I enjoy keeping the team safe and happy on a daily basis.
Horrible Management
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 31, 2014
The management is horrible and unable to deal with in-house issues. I worked above and beyond what was asked for me and when given a promotion they waited two months and I never saw the 'promotion'. Was being bullied and walked all over and HR and management did nothing. They lost a good worker who loved their job even though the pay was bad.
Cons
low pay, bad management, don't care for well-being of employees just that their job gets done
Better management to run the production
MAT ROLLER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2013
Keep myself productive at all times.If not busy rolling mats,I helped my other co-worker loading or unloading the trucks with dirty stuffs.Management they keep on changing people who run the production.I like my job but there are times that I was not paid for my incentives which is really upsetting because I worked so hard and I deserved to get paid.My job is quite hard because,I work just by myself and no one likes to do my job.If there are a lot of mats to roll it is really hard for me,but I dont mind.The most enjoyable part of my job is that most of my co-worker are my friends too which is somehow helping me to relieve stress.
Pros
n/a
Cons
overtime
Great company which has given me an outstanding start to my career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
I have really enjoyed my time with Cintas. They are very focused on training and developing skills. Each location is vastly different in the culture and mentality of the employees.
Pros
great advancement opportunities
Cons
offices are often run down
Flexible
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 2, 2014
At Cintas you are allowed to start as early as you need. I was fully SMITH trained and Safety Certified. Most co-workers are great and easy to get along with. The job can sometimes be overwhelming and stressful but is very rewarding. We have team outing on a quarterly basis and a company BBQ once a month. Overall its a rewarding career.
Pros
missing traffic, ability to start as early as needed.
Cons
heavy lifting
fun great atmosphère
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 25, 2013
co-workers are amazing to work with we are like a family
i owe alot to cintas because they helped me grow into thier company and become who became today.the hardest part of the job is i really do not have a found my place in life and that is selling i love my job
but iam ready for a new challange in my life
Pros
build my own week
great learning experience
Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2012
as a general manager I was responsible for the day to day operation of the restaurant. duties included training, budgeting, Inventory control, staff scheduling, food prep. I learned how to effectively manage staff and how to motivate and instruct people to maximize productivity.
Pros
dedicated to training
Cons
Demanding fast paced work environment
Procurement & Inventory / Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Each day was a series of supervised employee functions, payroll, inventory, vendor relations, and daily problem solving.

Learning to be available at all times for any type of situation to arise, and be quick to resolve the situation long term was the most challenging part of the position.

Meeting daily deadlines while maintaining a positive employee moral was a daily challenge.
Although, when we did succeed in meeting the heavy production deadlines and I still saw smiling faces at the end of the day - this was the most rewarding part of the position.
Cons
low pay
Productive and great co workers
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONAugust 29, 2014
With the company Cintas, it is a great company to work at. Where you work as a team with great co workers assisting you with any needs. What I have improve on during my time at Cintas was my abilities to work with others. Cintas strongly enforce team work as a day to day basis and that is also one of the most enjoyable part of the job. To be able to connect with your co workers and feel as one.
not bad
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 30, 2014
its a typical warehouse/plant job. long boring shifts, learned how to operate 1 ton trucks, management is too soft. give every1 days off at the same time and screw the people left working over. good mix of young/old coworkers, hardest thing is the hours
Terrible management
aaa (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 25, 2014
Terrible interview process. Management and HR does not care about anything.
Cons
7 interviews for a junior position, your time and talent won't get valued
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Good staff. Who are very polite. Customer Service Representative is a fairly easy job. Great pay.
Pros
great pay
long day of driving a truck to diffenert destinations
Service Security Representative (Former Employee) –  missisauga, ONApril 1, 2014
driving a mobile truck to pick up documentations from different destination for the purpose of shredding and destroying them.
daily check up of truck safety and cleanliness.
doing a daily paperwork.
daily loading and unloading of truck equipments.

2.9