Cintas Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2015
I started at Cintas as a Service Manager and I was groomed very early to take on more as Cintas and I became an immediate fit. I fell in love with the people and culture and did well in my role as Service Manager. I was promoted to General Manager 3 years later and enjoy leading a Sales/Production/Operations/Office team of 150 people. We service 5000 customers in the local area. I enjoy keeping the team safe and happy on a daily basis.
Laid back environment but terrible management and moral and low salary with no advancement opportunity
Employee (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 April 2015
There is no movement within the company in terms of advancement. The training is non-existent.
This location in particular has very lazy and unprofessional service managers who bully their employee's and constantly talk about them behind their backs. The location itself is a dump and has next to no heat or a/c. Don't work here.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
low pay, bullying, lazy and terrible environment
An excellent business to establish and improve yourself
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
Cintas is difficult to put into words, it is 100% a self driven give and take job. The more you put into it, the more it will give back to you.
The guys you work alongside on the ground with are what make this company great.

However the training you receive and the real life situations you will come into are really what sets this company above. You polish, fine tune, or even gain your personality and business skills through a company like this as you will be placed in situations that require you to be a strong minded individual on a consistent basis.

The training is extensive and will set you up for success, although you will have to keep your mind open to change as this company changes its policies, and rules, and regulations often to better suit their corporations needs and goals.

The beginning is always the hardest anywhere you go, especially with Cintas. You will have to be willing to study the material, work many extra unpaid hours, and continuously push yourself to succeed.

Overall is a great place to start your first career and gain world applicable knowledge, and polish your own set of skills.
Pros
Team dinners, team outings, extensive training, role plays.
Cons
Unrealistic goals and expectations, low commission structure
a lot of driving
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2015
I got to drive all over the city. I met a lot of people on my routes. I learned how to organize my daily routes to make it as efficient as possible.
Pros
good hours
Cons
city driving
Bust your back for very little pay.
Loader / Unloader (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2015
Unloader / Loader position ;

Horrible schedule , work from 1-10 or 11 pm. You have to work in either very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures . You have to absolutely bust your back to get your job done on time and be out before 11 pm. All this for $ 13.00 a hour. The worst part is that you get treated like mules to unload and re load these trucks for little pay while the drivers get triple the money to go deliver it and talk to the customers. If you do have a legitimate complaint , and you go to your manager they will literally tell you they " do not have time " to deal with your complaints / ideas. They talk a big game but fall short when it counts.
Pros
Good work out, walk over 30 km's a day
Cons
Low pay, treated like a mule, management.
Overall was an interesting place of employment.
Project / Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
Working with sales to provide valuable information to clients i.e: budget, delivery dates. Handling any issues that arose and providing solutions that would benefit the company and the clients.

Management was adequate.

With respect to co-workers, there were those who worked hard and as a team. There were others who just showed up. Unfortunately this did not help those us us who were there to be productive.

The work was enticing and kept you busy. The hardest part was working as a team with those who were just there to get paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the successful roll out of a program and the client's satisfaction. Put a smile on your face and made all the hard work worth while.
Demanding fast paced work environment
Procurement & Inventory / Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2013
Each day was a series of supervised employee functions, payroll, inventory, vendor relations, and daily problem solving.

Learning to be available at all times for any type of situation to arise, and be quick to resolve the situation long term was the most challenging part of the position.

Meeting daily deadlines while maintaining a positive employee moral was a daily challenge.
Although, when we did succeed in meeting the heavy production deadlines and I still saw smiling faces at the end of the day - this was the most rewarding part of the position.
Cons
low pay
Better management to run the production
MAT ROLLER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2013
Keep myself productive at all times.If not busy rolling mats,I helped my other co-worker loading or unloading the trucks with dirty stuffs.Management they keep on changing people who run the production.I like my job but there are times that I was not paid for my incentives which is really upsetting because I worked so hard and I deserved to get paid.My job is quite hard because,I work just by myself and no one likes to do my job.If there are a lot of mats to roll it is really hard for me,but I dont mind.The most enjoyable part of my job is that most of my co-worker are my friends too which is somehow helping me to relieve stress.
Pros
N/A
Cons
overtime
Flexible
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 August 2014
At Cintas you are allowed to start as early as you need. I was fully SMITH trained and Safety Certified. Most co-workers are great and easy to get along with. The job can sometimes be overwhelming and stressful but is very rewarding. We have team outing on a quarterly basis and a company BBQ once a month. Overall its a rewarding career.
Pros
missing traffic, ability to start as early as needed.
Cons
Heavy lifting
Horrible Management
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 March 2014
The management is horrible and unable to deal with in-house issues. I worked above and beyond what was asked for me and when given a promotion they waited two months and I never saw the 'promotion'. Was being bullied and walked all over and HR and management did nothing. They lost a good worker who loved their job even though the pay was bad.
Cons
Low pay, bad management, don't care for well-being of employees just that their job gets done
Productive and great co workers
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 August 2014
With the company Cintas, it is a great company to work at. Where you work as a team with great co workers assisting you with any needs. What I have improve on during my time at Cintas was my abilities to work with others. Cintas strongly enforce team work as a day to day basis and that is also one of the most enjoyable part of the job. To be able to connect with your co workers and feel as one.
To much responsibility but theres breakfest at meetings
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2015
Good hours but little work/life balance. Management is kind to your face but dont mess it or everything changes very quickly.
All professionals should avoid this place!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Mississauga25 May 2013
If you have integrity, value work ethics and hope to learn and
progress in your career -steer clear of this place!

A lot of old school mentality - not innovative or forward thinking.
Very slow-paced environment.
Benefits are not the best!

As other posters have said, very cheap!
Pros
Friendly, nice people
Cons
Lacks respect and privacy; personal growth and opportunity.
great learning experience
Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2012
as a general manager I was responsible for the day to day operation of the restaurant. duties included training, budgeting, Inventory control, staff scheduling, food prep. I learned how to effectively manage staff and how to motivate and instruct people to maximize productivity.
Pros
dedicated to training
fun great atmosphère
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2013
co-workers are amazing to work with we are like a family
i owe alot to cintas because they helped me grow into thier company and become who became today.the hardest part of the job is i really do not have a found my place in life and that is selling i love my job
but iam ready for a new challange in my life
Pros
build my own week
Cons
long day of driving a truck to diffenert destinations
Service Security Representative (Former Employee) –  missisauga, ON1 April 2014
driving a mobile truck to pick up documentations from different destination for the purpose of shredding and destroying them.
daily check up of truck safety and cleanliness.
doing a daily paperwork.
daily loading and unloading of truck equipments.
Great company which has given me an outstanding start to my career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2014
I have really enjoyed my time with Cintas. They are very focused on training and developing skills. Each location is vastly different in the culture and mentality of the employees.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
offices are often run down
Drove a van around and cleaned bathrooms
Sanis Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2013
I drove a van around Calgary and Red Deer and cleaned bathrooms. I worked from 4:30am to 4:30pm four days a week. The main focus of the company was on a different department and therefore I felt like I was often being overlooked.
not bad
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 April 2014
its a typical warehouse/plant job. long boring shifts, learned how to operate 1 ton trucks, management is too soft. give every1 days off at the same time and screw the people left working over. good mix of young/old coworkers, hardest thing is the hours
If youlike labor then a great place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2015
Good place to work good people and benefits. Flexible on hours for Friday shift as normally you're done within three hours.
good h.r. Mangement
Pros
Get benefits after 2 weeks
Cons
Long Hours

2.9