Cintas

Cintas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Coworkers and supervisors, bad GM
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Normal, ILAugust 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers, customers
Cons: everything else, gm
Very heavy work load with 0 work/life balance, I'm sure some Cintas plants run much better, ours used to until our GM got promoted to Seattle. They WILL change your pay plan every so often and tell you its to give you the chance to make more when nobody ever does. Price increases for the customers and pay decreases for the people they expect to get – more... those increases. If your route is too big, don't be a hard worker and go faster and work harder, they will pile on until you break. Go really slow and don't work hard and you will be graciously rewarded by a light workload. Had a route for 2 years, loved my coworkers and customers! Had 150 customers to service in 4 days with 600 miles of driving. Asked for nearly a year to get some relief and cut up my route and it never came. I can't say that I wouldn't recommend Cintas in general, but I can strongly say that the Normal, IL location is a sinking ship and beware. They will be looking to fill A LOT of positions coming up, and for good reason so beware. – less
Customer Service
Reception, Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, CoAugust 29, 2014
Cons: lack of any friendliness due to their constantly changing employee base
My job was quite enjoyable, dealing with and helping customers and service route drivers resolve issues in a timely and productive manner was a highlight of my day. Dealing with constantly changing management and their constantly, daily, changing expectations became impossible.
Productive and safe place to work.
Unloader/Loader , Forklift Operater (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2014
I setup and prepare my area to unload the trucks . I unload 2 to 2 1/2 trucks an hour. We meet for a stretch an flex . 3 people on the unload team . The group I work with on second shift are great . It's only hard if one makes it that way. Management is fair in they're decision making and treat all equally.
My job at Cintas
Technician (Current Employee), Cumberland, RIAugust 25, 2014
I start my shift by heading to the main office to pick up the account folder for that day and review it. I'll head to the parking lot to preform preventative maintenance on the truck (IE. check oil and fuel levels) then I make sure all the chemicals and equipment needed for that account are ready and in good working condition. I will then contact the – more... account just to make sure the are ready to receive the agreed upon service. I will meet up with my team leader or fellow technician and make my way to the accounts location. I will check in with the point of contact, receive any special orders or request and begin servicing the account (IE. clean air conditioning units, tile or carpet floor) After the jobs completion I will clean and put away all my equipment and tools, check in with the point of contact to review the work and conclude any other business. After returning to the plant check in with my market manager to him know how the job went.

At Cintas I learned a great deal about proper use of chemicals, vehicle maintenance and how to operate the equipment that we use. I also learned to refine my customer service skills and selling techniques.

The hardest part of my job is when a specific area will not come clean or our chemicals and process did not meet the customers expectations.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the "wow factor" I receive when showing the customer the difference our process makes and side by side pictures – less
Fair day's pay for a fair day's work
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 25, 2014
Pros: weekends/holidays off, set your own schedule
Cons: working in all weather conditions, lack of communnication at times
the Service sales rep position can be challenging and it takes time to build/grow a route after you are assigned one. decent pay for the work you do.
Great experience
Picker (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILAugust 22, 2014
It was great. Great coworkers, great management, and a great work environment.
good enviroment
Driver (Current Employee), tampaAugust 20, 2014
delivering material to be destroyed using tractor trailer
A typical day at work is tasking
Truck Driver and Document Shredder (Current Employee), WPBAugust 20, 2014
Pros: they have companies nationwide if you are considering relocating
Cons: this profession involves extensive heavy labor and lifting
A typical day at work involves heavy labor it usually includes extensive driving to multiple stops during the day; generally loading heavy bins onto your truck. It is a fast paced work environment.
I hated working there.
CSR (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 20, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: high employee turnover. favoritism.
I worked for this company for two years and was so glad when I left due to the backstabbing and gossip mongers. Management fawns over fakes who are drug addicts, theives and alcoholics but great brown nosers. The health benefits are great but the pay maxes out around 13.00 per hour unless you have a degree.
Profits were my daily goal-I enjoyed what I did very much!
Direct Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed my work hours-allowed balance in my life.
Cons: no accountability broke the team chain.
The Corporation (400 locations) operations and expectations are commendable... the Lancaster location had very weak Management-large turnover rate in all Management positions.
no comment
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), river sideAugust 19, 2014
bad management, no safety procedure, some are unfaithful each other,
Fast paced, Fun and Cultured enviornment
Garment Sorter (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, holiday dinners, & company education
Cons: income for the labor
A typical workday consisted of Sorts and updates. Seal and label press. Also manual hang line sort. I learned a lot about different cultures and that this company prides themselves in diversity. Management was very understanding and always open for questioning and any work related assistance. The most enjoyable part of this job was the diversity and – more... unity. – less
overall good company
lead tech (Current Employee), elkridge,mdAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: raises
everybody is friendly, u travel, good company to learn a lot of new adventures. Good company to grow in
Bad Pay
AR Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Colinas, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: the ar coordinator position is easy
Cons: the pay is horable
Cintas doesn't pay enough money. The AR Coordinator position is very easy
fun to work there at first.
stockroom/ order filler (Former Employee), Westland, MIAugust 8, 2014
Cons: too hot in summer, management played favorites.
Too hot in the summer and really cold in winter. Seems like they get rid of you after you reach a certain pay rate/ number of years. Team leaders dont communicate.
Love the environment and co workers
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), irving, txAugust 7, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: salary
pretty business, ongoing calls coming in. i love the workers and environment , its a pretty laid back company and always have someone around to listen and help you when you need help. We always have recognition and they acknowledge your work.
Great Experience, Training was OK, and Office Culture was AWFUL
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great sales experience, training, and pay is good not great.
Cons: work culture, micromanagement, micromanagement!
A typical day at work as an outside sales rep. at Cintas is tons of cold calling and presenting. The Monday/Wednesday phone blocks are AWFUL and not needed to be successful in sales in any industry! The work culture at the Chester, VA Cintas location sucks at best. The GM has been there for ever so its his way or the highway. Overall you learn on the – more... fly as you go because the sales manager that hired me was young and not a great trainer. Sales and Operations don't get along and there is always inter-department fighting. Field time is great for experience, but overall I have not hated a job so much as this one! – less
Great Job Bad Management
Sales Service Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
Every morning I get up at around 4:30, get to work around 5, do my paper work, run my route and I'm usually home at 1:30. I'm off! . . . . That is until I get bombarded with phone call after phone call after phone call. Complaints complaints and complaints. Not from the customer but from management themselves. They are really big on saying "Its YOUR – more... route" that is true as long as they get to dictate how you run it. The plant partners are lazy and will sometimes not wash your clothes nor load it on your truck. The pay is good but not worth the headache management gives you. – less
Great workplace
Unloader & Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2014
Very family orientated establishment. Real good benefits, you work hard they do let you move up in the company.
very conservative work environment
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management
company not layered. Not much room for advancement unless you want to move to a very slow city

About Cintas

Businesses, large and small, trust us to handle their uniform, facility services, first aid & safety, fire protection, and – Read more

Cintas Photos