Cintas

Cintas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
long day of driving a truck to diffenert destinations
Service Security Representative (Former Employee), missisauga, ONApril 1, 2014
driving a mobile truck to pick up documentations from different destination for the purpose of shredding and destroying them.
daily check up of truck safety and cleanliness.
doing a daily paperwork.
daily loading and unloading of truck equipments.
Horrible Management
Data Entry (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 31, 2014
Cons: low pay, bad management, don't care for well-being of employees just that their job gets done
The management is horrible and unable to deal with in-house issues. I worked above and beyond what was asked for me and when given a promotion they waited two months and I never saw the 'promotion'. Was being bullied and walked all over and HR and management did nothing. They lost a good worker who loved their job even though the pay was bad.
Solid company with challenges at the local level.
SERVICE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: training available, excellent people in general
Cons: lack of work/life balance. middle management questionable ethics.
Cintas was very good to me on a variety of levels, with the opportunity at times to learn valuable skills from a talented pool of leaders and colleagues. Unfortunately over time, this talent pool was eroded and replaced with individuals who did not embody the spirit of how Cintas says they want to do business, or treat their employees.

There is an – more... arrogance to middle management, in that they are unable or unwilling to adapt to market conditions. They also project a bonus cheque first, people second attitude.

Hardest part of the job is the complete disregard for work-life balance of middle management. They model and impose this on everyone.

Greatest part of the job is the quality of people that Cintas attracts via strong recruiting and an excellent track record in other markets. I only hope that things improve locally before more of these great folks move on to companies that value them beyond tools to improve middle managements bonus cheques. – less
Drove a van around and cleaned bathrooms
Sanis Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2013
I drove a van around Calgary and Red Deer and cleaned bathrooms. I worked from 4:30am to 4:30pm four days a week. The main focus of the company was on a different department and therefore I felt like I was often being overlooked.
fun great atmosphère
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: build my own week
Cons: long hours
co-workers are amazing to work with we are like a family
i owe alot to cintas because they helped me grow into thier company and become who became today.the hardest part of the job is i really do not have a found my place in life and that is selling i love my job
but iam ready for a new challange in my life
liked the the four days on 10hr days and 3 days off.
Sales Services Representative (Former Employee), Langley, BCJuly 16, 2013
Good company. good pay, good people, good learning environment.
Better management to run the production
MAT ROLLER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 6, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: overtime
Keep myself productive at all times.If not busy rolling mats,I helped my other co-worker loading or unloading the trucks with dirty stuffs.Management they keep on changing people who run the production.I like my job but there are times that I was not paid for my incentives which is really upsetting because I worked so hard and I deserved to get paid.My – more... job is quite hard because,I work just by myself and no one likes to do my job.If there are a lot of mats to roll it is really hard for me,but I dont mind.The most enjoyable part of my job is that most of my co-worker are my friends too which is somehow helping me to relieve stress. – less
All professionals should avoid this place!
N/A (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 25, 2013
Pros: friendly, nice people
Cons: lacks respect and privacy; personal growth and opportunity.
If you have integrity, value work ethics and hope to learn and
progress in your career -steer clear of this place!

A lot of old school mentality - not innovative or forward thinking.
Very slow-paced environment.
Benefits are not the best!

As other posters have said, very cheap!
Demanding fast paced work environment
Procurement & Inventory / Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Cons: low pay
Each day was a series of supervised employee functions, payroll, inventory, vendor relations, and daily problem solving.

Learning to be available at all times for any type of situation to arise, and be quick to resolve the situation long term was the most challenging part of the position.

Meeting daily deadlines while maintaining a positive employee – more... moral was a daily challenge.
Although, when we did succeed in meeting the heavy production deadlines and I still saw smiling faces at the end of the day - this was the most rewarding part of the position. – less
good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: lots of bbqs
Cons: everything is urgent
satisfied with the job, looking for better job opportunities
Fun but productive place to work
Garment Sorter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: piece work pay
The job is labour intensive but it can be very rewarding. It can be a fun place to work. The people are good people to work with.
great learning experience
Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 13, 2012
Pros: dedicated to training
Cons: long hours
as a general manager I was responsible for the day to day operation of the restaurant. duties included training, budgeting, Inventory control, staff scheduling, food prep. I learned how to effectively manage staff and how to motivate and instruct people to maximize productivity.
very fast pace company
Matt Roller (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 5, 2012
very team based service company that depended on quality and speed.
Good starting job but not a place i want to stay.
Quality Auditor (Current Employee), Macomb, MIApril 17, 2014
Just not the place for me. I do not enjoy my days there and production is treated like the "lower class" of Cintas. It was great for a first time job but that's about as far as it goes for me. Time to move on.
Things are not the same once you get in
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 16, 2014
delivering uniforms, picking up bulk towels, receiving money for products. The hardest part of my job is not giving the customer there product because it wasn't enough loaded on my truck. I enjoy going out and getting the job done safe and sound.
Fast paced environment with a great people and great culture
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: carreer advancement
Cons: work days can be 12 hours
Proven leader in the uniform rental business has a fast paced work environment with outstanding employees. The company culture is unique and plays a big part in shaping day to day activity. As a growth company, there are many managerial advancement opportunities for internal candidates.
productive
Pants Inspector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2014
Pros: breaks, healthcare
Cons: early mornings
had to do certian amount of clothing inspections per hour. it takes time till you get use to it but fun.
innovative to learn new ideas
IT personnel (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 14, 2014
scanning candidate exam papers onto the computer system and the followed by using web qc software to for corrections and matching their candidates details to their codes. The management was very strict employee performance .Hardest part of the job was working on the computer for a very long time. and the enjoying part of the job was scanning the candidates – more... sheets onto the computer screen. – less
Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, ect.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 13, 2014
Pros: the benifits, the avialability for career advancement, every months aniversaries and birthday a celebrated with cake.
Cons: high turn around rate because of high physical demand of the job.
Working at Cintas is fun every day and I enjoy working with the other employees. I have learned allot about what goes in to the laundry business, and what goes into the garment and ect. rental business. the hardest part of the job I find to be the most enjoyable part of the job and that is unloading the 30+ trucks every day. Unloading the trucks is – more... tough but it is a great work out and it makes the time fly by. – less
productive
spops (Current Employee), spopsApril 12, 2014
Pros: friends
Cons: short breaks
keep a watch out for quality . safty is always first. coworkers are helpful

1 2 3 4 5

About Cintas

Businesses, large and small, trust us to handle their uniform, facility services, first aid & safety, fire protection, and – Read more