Cintas

Cintas Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing company to work for!!!
General Manager (Current Employee), London, ONApril 14, 2015
I started at Cintas as a Service Manager and I was groomed very early to take on more as Cintas and I became an immediate fit. I fell in love with the people and culture and did well in my role as Service Manager. I was promoted to General Manager 3 years later and enjoy leading a Sales/Production/Operations/Office team of 150 people. We service 5000 customers in the local area. I enjoy keeping the team safe and happy on a daily basis.
Toxic environment, Hiring wrong people, Labor intensive, Pay not competative
4th class Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: supervisor, co-workers
Cons: Work life balance, Toxic atmostphere, CHEAP on paying to hire the right people, MGMT screw ups, unsympathetic againsts workers health, off shift schedule that messes up your sleep cycle, high staff turnover, Faulty equipment that breaks often, executives who think they're better than who really does all the work
Not a company for the long term. Work life balance is TERRIBLE. Even when injured they want you to work. If your doing a really important tasks and MGMT stops by and ask you to do something else they expect you to drop whatever it is you were doing before and do what they say. LACK of understsnding.

WAY better opportunities and more competative pay exists in calgary than what they tell you.
Laid back environment but terrible management and moral and low salary with no advancement opportunity
Employee (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, laid back
Cons: low pay, bullying, lazy and terrible environment
There is no movement within the company in terms of advancement. The training is non-existent.
This location in particular has very lazy and unprofessional service managers who bully their employee's and constantly talk about them behind their backs. The location itself is a dump and has next to no heat or a/c. Don't work here.
Bust your back for very little pay.
Loader / Unloader (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good work out, walk over 30 km's a day
Cons: low pay, treated like a mule, management.
Unloader / Loader position ;

Horrible schedule , work from 1-10 or 11 pm. You have to work in either very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures . You have to absolutely bust your back to get your job done on time and be out before 11 pm. All this for $ 13.00 a hour. The worst part is that you get treated like mules to unload and re load these trucks for little pay while the drivers get triple the money to go deliver it and talk to the customers. If you do have a legitimate complaint , and you go to your manager they will literally tell you they " do not have time " to deal with your complaints / ideas. They talk a big game but fall short when it counts.
Overall was an interesting place of employment.
Project / Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Working with sales to provide valuable information to clients i.e: budget, delivery dates. Handling any issues that arose and providing solutions that would benefit the company and the clients.

Management was adequate.

With respect to co-workers, there were those who worked hard and as a team. There were others who just showed up. Unfortunately this did not help those us us who were there to be productive.

The work was enticing and kept you busy. The hardest part was working as a team with those who were just there to get paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the successful roll out of a program and the client's satisfaction. Put a smile on your face and made all the hard work worth while.
'SIN'TAS
Mechanical Maintenance Partner (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: toxic, unhealthy, back breaking, no ethics, environmentally unfriendly, cheap
I was a Maintenance Partner, they hired me because I have my 4th Class Power Engineering ticket so they are legally covered by Albertas boiler laws. What they should really hire is a Millwright.

Cintas will really sell the position in interviews. They will speed up the hiring process to get you locked in and its not until after you understand what is like to work in a Cintas plant.

Their plants are built using the cheapest methods possible, its very cookie cut. One staff bathroom in the office side of plant, cant just put another one in production Cintas? CHEAP.

They have extensive safety training because of the employees that have died on the job in previous years. I felt like I was a 1st gradee being taught common sense.

Their benefits are not the best. They dont even cover quiting smoking medications. You get NO SICK TIME. If your sick they still want you there! They offer the lowest vacation time and you dont get paid vacation until you have served for a year....and really its you who pays for your vacation time they take little amounts from each pay cheque to cover when you use it down the road.

The fumes and chemicals in the plant are toxic and cancerous but they wont tell you this or talk about it. If you care for your personal long term health do not work here.

Unpaid breaks and lunches. You scan in using a card and they round down to the nearest 15 minute intervals always.

Lot of the management have low IQ and common sense...however they are nice people. That doesnt compensate for the constant screw ups they make and the employees end up paying for.

This company – more... is fake, dont be tricked, its the worst place i have ever worked because of the dirty/toxic atmosphere, physical demands all day each day, poor equipment always breaking down...and they dont care about the environment at all.

They pump up to 75000 gallons of dirty water with chemicals into or sewer system. Then just pay the fines since its cheaper in the long run.

Stop polluting our atmosphere Cintas. This is very much an American company with low morals and ethics.

SINTAS – less
If youlike labor then a great place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: get benefits after 2 weeks
Cons: long hours
Good place to work good people and benefits. Flexible on hours for Friday shift as normally you're done within three hours.
good h.r. Mangement
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Good staff. Who are very polite. Customer Service Representative is a fairly easy job. Great pay.
Productive and great co workers
Unloader (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 29, 2014
With the company Cintas, it is a great company to work at. Where you work as a team with great co workers assisting you with any needs. What I have improve on during my time at Cintas was my abilities to work with others. Cintas strongly enforce team work as a day to day basis and that is also one of the most enjoyable part of the job. To be able to connect with your co workers and feel as one.
Flexible
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 2, 2014
Pros: missing traffic, ability to start as early as needed.
Cons: heavy lifting
At Cintas you are allowed to start as early as you need. I was fully SMITH trained and Safety Certified. Most co-workers are great and easy to get along with. The job can sometimes be overwhelming and stressful but is very rewarding. We have team outing on a quarterly basis and a company BBQ once a month. Overall its a rewarding career.
Terrible management
aaa (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 25, 2014
Cons: 7 interviews for a junior position, your time and talent won't get valued
Terrible interview process. Management and HR does not care about anything.
Great company which has given me an outstanding start to my career
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunities
Cons: offices are often run down
I have really enjoyed my time with Cintas. They are very focused on training and developing skills. Each location is vastly different in the culture and mentality of the employees.
Not a place to feel valued
Catalogue Manger (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
work/ family is completely off balance, always working extra hours which you are not compensated for. Heaven forbid you need to get home to your family
not bad
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 30, 2014
its a typical warehouse/plant job. long boring shifts, learned how to operate 1 ton trucks, management is too soft. give every1 days off at the same time and screw the people left working over. good mix of young/old coworkers, hardest thing is the hours
long day of driving a truck to diffenert destinations
Service Security Representative (Former Employee), missisauga, ONApril 1, 2014
driving a mobile truck to pick up documentations from different destination for the purpose of shredding and destroying them.
daily check up of truck safety and cleanliness.
doing a daily paperwork.
daily loading and unloading of truck equipments.
Horrible Management
Data Entry (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 31, 2014
Cons: low pay, bad management, don't care for well-being of employees just that their job gets done
The management is horrible and unable to deal with in-house issues. I worked above and beyond what was asked for me and when given a promotion they waited two months and I never saw the 'promotion'. Was being bullied and walked all over and HR and management did nothing. They lost a good worker who loved their job even though the pay was bad.
Solid company with challenges at the local level.
SERVICE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: training available, excellent people in general
Cons: lack of work/life balance. middle management questionable ethics.
Cintas was very good to me on a variety of levels, with the opportunity at times to learn valuable skills from a talented pool of leaders and colleagues. Unfortunately over time, this talent pool was eroded and replaced with individuals who did not embody the spirit of how Cintas says they want to do business, or treat their employees.

There is an arrogance to middle management, in that they are unable or unwilling to adapt to market conditions. They also project a bonus cheque first, people second attitude.

Hardest part of the job is the complete disregard for work-life balance of middle management. They model and impose this on everyone.

Greatest part of the job is the quality of people that Cintas attracts via strong recruiting and an excellent track record in other markets. I only hope that things improve locally before more of these great folks move on to companies that value them beyond tools to improve middle managements bonus cheques.
Drove a van around and cleaned bathrooms
Sanis Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2013
I drove a van around Calgary and Red Deer and cleaned bathrooms. I worked from 4:30am to 4:30pm four days a week. The main focus of the company was on a different department and therefore I felt like I was often being overlooked.
fun great atmosphère
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: build my own week
Cons: long hours
co-workers are amazing to work with we are like a family
i owe alot to cintas because they helped me grow into thier company and become who became today.the hardest part of the job is i really do not have a found my place in life and that is selling i love my job
but iam ready for a new challange in my life
liked the the four days on 10hr days and 3 days off.
Sales Services Representative (Former Employee), Langley, BCJuly 16, 2013
Good company. good pay, good people, good learning environment.

About Cintas

Businesses, large and small, trust us to handle their uniform, facility services, first aid & safety, fire protection, and – Read more