Cintas Employee Reviews in Canada

Good earning potential for motivated people.
Sales & Service Rep (SSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2016
The moment the economy dropped I was asked by my service Manager to bill products and services that were not being delivered. after refusing to do this I was getting a warning everyday. most I could fight. I was fired for something my GM asked everyone to do 6 months earlier. The management in Calgary is a joke.
Pros
4 day weeks, salary plus commissions on sales
Cons
Long hours, Poor (yes man) management
garbage company
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2016
This company is a pipe dream promising piece of work.
they hire people with promises of promotion, and make you work hours like 1-930 pm, basically trapping you in the job and position at hand.
the management is power hungry, and unorganized, and the work is slave drive worthy. do not work here if you have other options, because you will not enjoy it. The employees at this company are even advising new hires not to take the job.

Any good review here is by upper management and people in the company no where near the bottom.
Pros
zip
Cons
everything
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 16, 2016
This is a solid company with great performance metrics. Lots of investment in training Partners of all levels. Most people really enjoy working there
Old fashioned, disconnected, behind the curve place with struggling leadership
Production Supervisor/Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 9, 2016
Cintas is a fast pace business. Because processes are inefficient the staff there are required to work much harder than they need to. There are many good practices that other business have adopted that Cintas will take a long time to adopt. This is partly due to the large size of the business. With any large business change is difficult but Cintas doesn't have ISO 9001 slowing it down, it is just slow to change.

The people I worked with were a pleasure to be around and all worked very hard towards the same goal. Cintas is a promote from within type place which keeps employees happy. This also makes change difficult because it stops new ideas from coming from outside. Sometimes a fresh perspective is what turns a process around.

The hardest part of the job was promoting change. It took me one year before I could get approval for a project that I was working on. When we ended up launching that project I was not happy to see the rushed duck taped job that had been completed. Even with the poor launch the project was successful.

Watching the numbers grow and hitting my goals was what I enjoyed most. Really it starts with the people on the floor. Making sure that they feel validated in what they do and not allowing them to except mediocrity. There is a certain high from being asked to do something and then delivering more than what was asked.
Pros
Everyone is trying their best
Cons
Disconnected departments and slow adaptability
Good company but near minimum wage
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 7, 2016
Good company but near minimum wage.

People are friendly and competitive as bonuses are dependent on numbers completed.
Productive and energetic place to work with a strong focus on safety
Sales -Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMay 7, 2016
Cintas is an excellent place to work with a strong focus on safety for their employees. They have an extensive training program that sets you up for success.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 1, 2016
Hard work, no micro management, must be independent and great with customers. Cintas is an absolutely fantastic company to work for.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
I really enjoy working for them
the reason why i did not go back it because it is to slow and right now alot of peoples got layd off
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great partners
Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Great people to work with, management team not the greatest, little room for advancement. Salary very low for the job required, benefits ok,
Review
Office (Current Employee) –  Mason, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Run, seriously I mean that run for your life. Getting a job here is anything but a good thing. You would be better off being unemployed than working here!!! This is the worst job of my life, I have been belittled, overworked, severely underpaid, bullied, ridiculed, treated with absolutely no dignity, civility, respect or decency since I've been working here and can't wait to quit! It's so bad I feel like committing suicide when I leave work half the time and contemplate when I am at work. Jobs don't get any worse than Cintas.
Cons
An excellent business to establish and improve yourself
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Cintas is difficult to put into words, it is 100% a self driven give and take job. The more you put into it, the more it will give back to you.
The guys you work alongside on the ground with are what make this company great.

However the training you receive and the real life situations you will come into are really what sets this company above. You polish, fine tune, or even gain your personality and business skills through a company like this as you will be placed in situations that require you to be a strong minded individual on a consistent basis.

The training is extensive and will set you up for success, although you will have to keep your mind open to change as this company changes its policies, and rules, and regulations often to better suit their corporations needs and goals.

The beginning is always the hardest anywhere you go, especially with Cintas. You will have to be willing to study the material, work many extra unpaid hours, and continuously push yourself to succeed.

Overall is a great place to start your first career and gain world applicable knowledge, and polish your own set of skills.
Pros
Team dinners, team outings, extensive training, role plays.
Cons
Unrealistic goals and expectations, low commission structure
Machine Operator, Loading and Unloading
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 3, 2016
It was fun except i was in school and the schedule was related.
I choose to finish the school and after i finished my courses I found a job in auto Industry.
Na
Facility Service Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
Great company, amazing training program. Invest in their people! Weekly pressure to maintain quota is high pressure and high stress.
Best place I have ever worked!
Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
The most exciting adventurous job I have ever herd of. Incredible life experiences. Great team and management to work with. extremely rewarding position, except for the monetary compensation
Pros
Incredible experiences while on the job
Cons
low compensation
a lot of driving
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
I got to drive all over the city. I met a lot of people on my routes. I learned how to organize my daily routes to make it as efficient as possible.
Pros
good hours
Cons
city driving
very nice work space, with spacious lunch room
laborer (Former Employee) –  etobickoAugust 10, 2015
it was great opportunity, you get to learn about their company in such a short time. all of us got along very well, we get smoke breaks and and its not just one person going out its like half the staff. we don't have similar ways but in a way we can all relate.
Cons
nice pay
To much responsibility but theres breakfest at meetings
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2015
Good hours but little work/life balance. Management is kind to your face but dont mess it or everything changes very quickly.
Great trainning. unorganized mamagement. Little manager involvement.
Business to buisness sales person (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2015
Cintas overall is a great company. However Edmonton specifically had trouble on the service end of the business. As a salesperson my job was to sell to new customers. Unfortunately the service I sold was to much for the service team to handle. On a very consistent basis my customers would not receive their products and services. The service truck would show up with no clean uniforms, or entrance mats etc. Sales and service management was very disconnected making it so improvements were unlikely to ever happen. My status is still great with Cintas today.
Pros
great out of town trainers
Cons
inconisitent pay
overall decent company to work for
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
great company to work for, the people weren't the greatest, gave very limited room for error!! Management tended to demand respect but didn't want to give much or any at all!!!

co workers all had the same complaints!! nothing was being done to change the issues being brought forward.
Pros
on the road everyday, you are your own boss on the road
Cons
long hours at time, low respect level from management
Good place to work for some people.
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WindsorApril 27, 2015
I enjoy delivering to my customer base, making sales, getting leads, and most of what my day involves. Being trained through sessions, one on ones, through training on demand (internet) and the daily grind has made me a well rounded service/sales man. My coworkers are great, and my day is mostly filled with smiles. My management is brutal. I am regularly on the top of the board for numbers, but I get overlooked and bullied. It has become too much to overlook at this point.
Pros
Good training, nice benefits.
Cons
Tough work.

2.9