Cintas Employee Reviews

Good easy work but all part time
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Part time work for almost every position not likely to get full time but as part time you can get benefits. also you can pick up more hours if you want to.
Fast-paced high stress work environment; good compensation
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 21, 2016
This company hires great people and is a good place to work. They expect a lot in terms or activity and results but you are well compensated for your efforts and they have great benefits. It is a large corporation, and as with many, it can be hard to change things. Good culture.
Fast paced job environment with good benefits
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2016
Busy job, I learned to work well on my own and manage my time. I would drive upwards of 2000 kms a week so i am comfortable driving. Typical day would be delivering various products and services that Cintas would offer, and managing my customers accounts and inventory levels. The hardest part of the job for me was staying over night out of town. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and growing lasting relationships with my customers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a lot to learn
Good earning potential for motivated people.
Sales & Service Rep (SSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2016
The moment the economy dropped I was asked by my service Manager to bill products and services that were not being delivered. after refusing to do this I was getting a warning everyday. most I could fight. I was fired for something my GM asked everyone to do 6 months earlier. The management in Calgary is a joke.
Pros
4 day weeks, salary plus commissions on sales
Cons
Long hours, Poor (yes man) management
garbage company
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2016
This company is a pipe dream promising piece of work.
they hire people with promises of promotion, and make you work hours like 1-930 pm, basically trapping you in the job and position at hand.
the management is power hungry, and unorganized, and the work is slave drive worthy. do not work here if you have other options, because you will not enjoy it. The employees at this company are even advising new hires not to take the job.

Any good review here is by upper management and people in the company no where near the bottom.
Pros
zip
Cons
everything
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 16, 2016
This is a solid company with great performance metrics. Lots of investment in training Partners of all levels. Most people really enjoy working there
Old fashioned, disconnected, behind the curve place with struggling leadership
Production Supervisor/Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 9, 2016
Cintas is a fast pace business. Because processes are inefficient the staff there are required to work much harder than they need to. There are many good practices that other business have adopted that Cintas will take a long time to adopt. This is partly due to the large size of the business. With any large business change is difficult but Cintas doesn't have ISO 9001 slowing it down, it is just slow to change.

The people I worked with were a pleasure to be around and all worked very hard towards the same goal. Cintas is a promote from within type place which keeps employees happy. This also makes change difficult because it stops new ideas from coming from outside. Sometimes a fresh perspective is what turns a process around.

The hardest part of the job was promoting change. It took me one year before I could get approval for a project that I was working on. When we ended up launching that project I was not happy to see the rushed duck taped job that had been completed. Even with the poor launch the project was successful.

Watching the numbers grow and hitting my goals was what I enjoyed most. Really it starts with the people on the floor. Making sure that they feel validated in what they do and not allowing them to except mediocrity. There is a certain high from being asked to do something and then delivering more than what was asked.
Pros
Everyone is trying their best
Cons
Disconnected departments and slow adaptability
Good company but near minimum wage
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 7, 2016
Good company but near minimum wage.

People are friendly and competitive as bonuses are dependent on numbers completed.
Productive and energetic place to work with a strong focus on safety
Sales -Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMay 7, 2016
Cintas is an excellent place to work with a strong focus on safety for their employees. They have an extensive training program that sets you up for success.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 1, 2016
Hard work, no micro management, must be independent and great with customers. Cintas is an absolutely fantastic company to work for.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
I really enjoy working for them
the reason why i did not go back it because it is to slow and right now alot of peoples got layd off
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great partners
Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Great people to work with, management team not the greatest, little room for advancement. Salary very low for the job required, benefits ok,
Review
Office (Current Employee) –  Mason, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Run, seriously I mean that run for your life. Getting a job here is anything but a good thing. You would be better off being unemployed than working here!!! This is the worst job of my life, I have been belittled, overworked, severely underpaid, bullied, ridiculed, treated with absolutely no dignity, civility, respect or decency since I've been working here and can't wait to quit! It's so bad I feel like committing suicide when I leave work half the time and contemplate when I am at work. Jobs don't get any worse than Cintas.
Cons
An excellent business to establish and improve yourself
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Cintas is difficult to put into words, it is 100% a self driven give and take job. The more you put into it, the more it will give back to you.
The guys you work alongside on the ground with are what make this company great.

However the training you receive and the real life situations you will come into are really what sets this company above. You polish, fine tune, or even gain your personality and business skills through a company like this as you will be placed in situations that require you to be a strong minded individual on a consistent basis.

The training is extensive and will set you up for success, although you will have to keep your mind open to change as this company changes its policies, and rules, and regulations often to better suit their corporations needs and goals.

The beginning is always the hardest anywhere you go, especially with Cintas. You will have to be willing to study the material, work many extra unpaid hours, and continuously push yourself to succeed.

Overall is a great place to start your first career and gain world applicable knowledge, and polish your own set of skills.
Pros
Team dinners, team outings, extensive training, role plays.
Cons
Unrealistic goals and expectations, low commission structure
Machine Operator, Loading and Unloading
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 3, 2016
It was fun except i was in school and the schedule was related.
I choose to finish the school and after i finished my courses I found a job in auto Industry.
Na
Facility Service Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
Great company, amazing training program. Invest in their people! Weekly pressure to maintain quota is high pressure and high stress.
Best place I have ever worked!
Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
The most exciting adventurous job I have ever herd of. Incredible life experiences. Great team and management to work with. extremely rewarding position, except for the monetary compensation
Pros
Incredible experiences while on the job
Cons
low compensation
a lot of driving
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
I got to drive all over the city. I met a lot of people on my routes. I learned how to organize my daily routes to make it as efficient as possible.
Pros
good hours
Cons
city driving
very nice work space, with spacious lunch room
laborer (Former Employee) –  etobickoAugust 10, 2015
it was great opportunity, you get to learn about their company in such a short time. all of us got along very well, we get smoke breaks and and its not just one person going out its like half the staff. we don't have similar ways but in a way we can all relate.
Cons
nice pay
To much responsibility but theres breakfest at meetings
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2015
Good hours but little work/life balance. Management is kind to your face but dont mess it or everything changes very quickly.

2.9