Cintas Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Superviseur de service (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC20 October 2017
Cintas a été une bonne école de travail. J'ai énormément grandi tout au long de mon expérience Cintas. Les valeurs et la culture d'entreprise sont excellente au niveau de cette compagnie .
Pros
assurance collective
Cons
trop d'heure de travail
Good
Warehouse Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 August 2017
Overall good place to work, Only complaint is the hours of work (Evening/overnight shifts mostly). Staff are super friendly, hang outside of work often.
This is a short term contract so lots of work and job burden was very high.
FINANCAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2017
Though short term contract but lots of work to be completed. So, there were good room to learn new things. Specially I worked for tax and lots of supporting calculations required.
Pros
Good rooms for learn.
Cons
Job pressure was very high because of time constraint
Busy meet many contacts
NEW BUSINESS SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Well managed, good training.
Provide the opportunity to succeed and required employees to stay focused and organized.
Good business plan and provide careers for many people
pretty good
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 July 2017
4 day work week with a meeting Friday mornings. Monday - Thursday has long and hard work hours. Not much room for advancement within the company unless you are willing to relocate.
Pay is okay, it is what you would expect for a job not requiring a college diploma.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Very hard on body
Cintas
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 June 2017
Cintas has a good base pay and benefits. Commission is also good. However, the expectations are unreasonable and unattainable. Management is poor. You work and learn on your own with little help from above.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations
Great workplace to grow with.
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 May 2017
Working for Cintas has definitely helped shape me to have an excellent work ethic as I have been employed here for 5 years and don't plan to leave. I would be proud to retire from this outstanding Corporation!

I have learned many great skills that I will use for my lifetime. I have developed good customer service skills, learned to drive a Freight Truck, good organization and professionalism all thanks to every single one of my Managers and Supervisors.

The hardest part of my job would definitely be the early morning start to my day. Yes, I have adjusted to my schedule throughout the years.. I guess there really isn't anything challenging about my job!

I really enjoy that I have three consecutive days off. It allows me to have that work/ life balance and more time with my family.
Fast-Paced Rewarding Career
Service Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 April 2017
Positive work environment. Plenty opportunities for advancement. Great benefits! The hiring process is very meticulous but for a good reason. Everyone is great to work with!
not your typical company
Field Support Manager / General Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2017
Cintas is a US based company that provides uniform, entrance map rental & now first aid services in Canada. It's an interesting company with good values & company beliefs.
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 January 2017
Had to drive pretty nasty roads on my route. The fleet vehicles are a bit old. Got paid really well to sell Products to customers.
Pros
Great hours good people good pay.
Cons
Physically demanding job
Great staff, a lot of laughs and team work. Everyone is always willing to help.
Executive Assistant to the Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON26 January 2017
There is very little time for a learning curve. I personally came into the position not knowing the company very well and was expected to learn everything on my own. There was no formal training at all, my supervisor was never present. I was covering a maternity leave, and was left wondering about a permanent job right until the last minute when they then divided my job into two jobs-i had been working very hard to do all of it and was starting to succeed finally before being let go.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Cut throat business!
Bad work Ethics
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
They don't care about the employees,
The times i've been working there, it seems they have been ripping off all these customers. locking them into contracts and saying otherwise but making them sign contracts and convincing them its nothing.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Long hours, Disrespect, Low Pay
Route Sales First Aid & Safety
Route Sales - First Aid & Safety (Former Employee) –  Edmonton and area10 January 2017
Great people to work with but you are mainly on your own all day except for the customers you visit. There is a HUGE learning curve and you are expected to learn quickly and be on your own after a few weeks. You are expected to increase your sales through selling customers things they don't actually need in their first aid kits. You are also expected to learn the other products the company offers in terms of safety like gloves, respiratory equipment, glasses etc. This as well on your own. The pay is very low for what they expect. They also track your every move as to where and what you are doing. You drive around in a set territory in a van that as well you are expected to keep up inventories in order to make sales. In order to increase sales you need to bring on new customers, sell items customers don't need, sell safety products, - which you have to learn about yourself. You are warrant to the elements as you work outside part of the time getting product from the van. The customers rely on you to know the OHS guidelines which you have to research and figure out for yourself what is expected. You mainly learn from the other reps who all have their own way of doing things. No consistency and no procedures in place to ensure you are following the OHS guidelines. You do set your own hours so if you start the day early you can finish early (around 3-3:30 pm) but you have to keep up with emails, dropping off catalogues to new customers, extra sales in order to make better money. The company was originally Zee Medical and is now Cintas - numerous changes within the organization and  more... almost 1/2 of Zee Medical sales staff has left. A great deal to learn, low pay for what is expected, very frustrating at times with what is expected. Great customers and reps.  less
Pros
* You set your own schedule * Good group of reps * Lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
Low pay, *High expectaions, * No consistency in training, * HUGE learning curve, * So many changes all of the time
At first its all smoke and mirrors
Ssr (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2017
At first it starts good, good pay and a welcoming atmosphere. The training promised to me was supposedly "world class". I ended up having to teach it to myself as the Jr management was unable to answer any of my questions. There is no help here if you have trouble. After a few months you begin to see the dynamics of a dysfunctional management team.
They only care about the bottom line with no regard for a work/ life balance.
Management is some of the worst I've ever seen.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Training, Hours
I'll never forget my 'trial run'
RSSR (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 December 2016
A few years back I applied here and after two interviews was told I was going out with a sales route associate (or whatever they called it) for a day of 'training' to see if I fit.
I showed up at 3:30 in the morning and proceeded to work with their employee...sorry...work FOR their employee as he did nothing other than sit in the truck and bark orders. I was game for it, however as it IS hard work. But what the heck. After a fifteen hour day (no word of a lie) I left and asked this fella how I did. He told me 'Great and to expect a job'.
I never heard from these guys again.
My calls were not returned and I was never paid for the day I worked.

I finally posted an extended version of this story on Facebook as I was fine if they felt I wasn't the right fit, but to ignore my calls and not offer me a fair days pay was ludicrous. I was contacted via Facebook by a corporate rep and was told that someone from the Vancouver Island office would be in touch as my concerns were legitimate.

I never heard a word.

Pretty shoddy in my mind,
fun good people good pay
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 December 2016
Very good good paying good people good if your looking for a long term career I worked there for 6 months left due to it effecting my asthema
Bonne place
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC25 October 2016
Bon travaille d'équipe
Les journee sont bien charger
J'ai appris plusieurs poste
Management très bien
Collaborateurs très bien
Le plus dure est le classement
Ce que j'ai aimer çes de scanner le linge
Your the face of this company.
Scholar / Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2016
This Company is awesome! The atmosphere felt welcoming & it inspired me to perfect on public relations. I would get up so early in the morning, help every Sales Rep on their routes making sure that every client was satisfied so they can uphold their proficiency. At the end of the day I would go home & would want to talk about work because I never had a bad day working there. I do miss it at times.
Fast-paced high stress work environment; good compensation
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2016
This company hires great people and is a good place to work. They expect a lot in terms or activity and results but you are well compensated for your efforts and they have great benefits. It is a large corporation, and as with many, it can be hard to change things. Good culture.
Fast paced job environment with good benefits
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
Busy job, I learned to work well on my own and manage my time. I would drive upwards of 2000 kms a week so i am comfortable driving. Typical day would be delivering various products and services that Cintas would offer, and managing my customers accounts and inventory levels. The hardest part of the job for me was staying over night out of town. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and growing lasting relationships with my customers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a lot to learn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.