Cintas Employee Reviews

not your typical company
Field Support Manager / General Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2017
Cintas is a US based company that provides uniform, entrance map rental & now first aid services in Canada. It's an interesting company with good values & company beliefs.
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 January 2017
Had to drive pretty nasty roads on my route. The fleet vehicles are a bit old. Got paid really well to sell Products to customers.
Pros
Great hours good people good pay.
Cons
Physically demanding job
Great staff, a lot of laughs and team work. Everyone is always willing to help.
Executive Assistant to the Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON26 January 2017
There is very little time for a learning curve. I personally came into the position not knowing the company very well and was expected to learn everything on my own. There was no formal training at all, my supervisor was never present. I was covering a maternity leave, and was left wondering about a permanent job right until the last minute when they then divided my job into two jobs-i had been working very hard to do all of it and was starting to succeed finally before being let go.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Cut throat business!
always helping increase your potential
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton24 January 2017
very culture focused, lots of potential for growth, always striving to be the best in the industry. healthy team environment, professional and forward thinking,
Bad work Ethics
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
They don't care about the employees,
The times i've been working there, it seems they have been ripping off all these customers. locking them into contracts and saying otherwise but making them sign contracts and convincing them its nothing.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Long hours, Disrespect, Low Pay
Route Sales First Aid & Safety
Route Sales - First Aid & Safety (Former Employee) –  Edmonton and area10 January 2017
Great people to work with but you are mainly on your own all day except for the customers you visit. There is a HUGE learning curve and you are expected to learn quickly and be on your own after a few weeks. You are expected to increase your sales through selling customers things they don't actually need in their first aid kits. You are also expected to learn the other products the company offers in terms of safety like gloves, respiratory equipment, glasses etc. This as well on your own. The pay is very low for what they expect. They also track your every move as to where and what you are doing. You drive around in a set territory in a van that as well you are expected to keep up inventories in order to make sales. In order to increase sales you need to bring on new customers, sell items customers don't need, sell safety products, - which you have to learn about yourself. You are warrant to the elements as you work outside part of the time getting product from the van. The customers rely on you to know the OHS guidelines which you have to research and figure out for yourself what is expected. You mainly learn from the other reps who all have their own way of doing things. No consistency and no procedures in place to ensure you are following the OHS guidelines. You do set your own hours so if you start the day early you can finish early (around 3-3:30 pm) but you have to keep up with emails, dropping off catalogues to new customers, extra sales in order to make better money. The company was originally Zee Medical and is now Cintas - numerous changes within the organization and  more... almost 1/2 of Zee Medical sales staff has left. A great deal to learn, low pay for what is expected, very frustrating at times with what is expected. Great customers and reps.  less
Pros
* You set your own schedule * Good group of reps * Lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
Low pay, *High expectaions, * No consistency in training, * HUGE learning curve, * So many changes all of the time
At first its all smoke and mirrors
Ssr (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2017
At first it starts good, good pay and a welcoming atmosphere. The training promised to me was supposedly "world class". I ended up having to teach it to myself as the Jr management was unable to answer any of my questions. There is no help here if you have trouble. After a few months you begin to see the dynamics of a dysfunctional management team.
They only care about the bottom line with no regard for a work/ life balance.
Management is some of the worst I've ever seen.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Training, Hours
I'll never forget my 'trial run'
RSSR (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 December 2016
A few years back I applied here and after two interviews was told I was going out with a sales route associate (or whatever they called it) for a day of 'training' to see if I fit.
I showed up at 3:30 in the morning and proceeded to work with their employee...sorry...work FOR their employee as he did nothing other than sit in the truck and bark orders. I was game for it, however as it IS hard work. But what the heck. After a fifteen hour day (no word of a lie) I left and asked this fella how I did. He told me 'Great and to expect a job'.
I never heard from these guys again.
My calls were not returned and I was never paid for the day I worked.

I finally posted an extended version of this story on Facebook as I was fine if they felt I wasn't the right fit, but to ignore my calls and not offer me a fair days pay was ludicrous. I was contacted via Facebook by a corporate rep and was told that someone from the Vancouver Island office would be in touch as my concerns were legitimate.

I never heard a word.

Pretty shoddy in my mind,
fun good people good pay
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 December 2016
Very good good paying good people good if your looking for a long term career I worked there for 6 months left due to it effecting my asthema
Your the face of this company.
Scholar / Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2016
This Company is awesome! The atmosphere felt welcoming & it inspired me to perfect on public relations. I would get up so early in the morning, help every Sales Rep on their routes making sure that every client was satisfied so they can uphold their proficiency. At the end of the day I would go home & would want to talk about work because I never had a bad day working there. I do miss it at times.
Fast-paced high stress work environment; good compensation
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2016
This company hires great people and is a good place to work. They expect a lot in terms or activity and results but you are well compensated for your efforts and they have great benefits. It is a large corporation, and as with many, it can be hard to change things. Good culture.
Fast paced job environment with good benefits
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
Busy job, I learned to work well on my own and manage my time. I would drive upwards of 2000 kms a week so i am comfortable driving. Typical day would be delivering various products and services that Cintas would offer, and managing my customers accounts and inventory levels. The hardest part of the job for me was staying over night out of town. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and growing lasting relationships with my customers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a lot to learn
Good earning potential for motivated people.
Sales & Service Rep (SSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2016
The moment the economy dropped I was asked by my service Manager to bill products and services that were not being delivered. after refusing to do this I was getting a warning everyday. most I could fight. I was fired for something my GM asked everyone to do 6 months earlier. The management in Calgary is a joke.
Pros
4 day weeks, salary plus commissions on sales
Cons
Long hours, Poor (yes man) management
garbage company
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2016
This company is a pipe dream promising piece of work.
they hire people with promises of promotion, and make you work hours like 1-930 pm, basically trapping you in the job and position at hand.
the management is power hungry, and unorganized, and the work is slave drive worthy. do not work here if you have other options, because you will not enjoy it. The employees at this company are even advising new hires not to take the job.

Any good review here is by upper management and people in the company no where near the bottom.
Pros
zip
Cons
everything
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2016
This is a solid company with great performance metrics. Lots of investment in training Partners of all levels. Most people really enjoy working there
Old fashioned, disconnected, behind the curve place with struggling leadership
Production Supervisor/Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 June 2016
Cintas is a fast pace business. Because processes are inefficient the staff there are required to work much harder than they need to. There are many good practices that other business have adopted that Cintas will take a long time to adopt. This is partly due to the large size of the business. With any large business change is difficult but Cintas doesn't have ISO 9001 slowing it down, it is just slow to change.

The people I worked with were a pleasure to be around and all worked very hard towards the same goal. Cintas is a promote from within type place which keeps employees happy. This also makes change difficult because it stops new ideas from coming from outside. Sometimes a fresh perspective is what turns a process around.

The hardest part of the job was promoting change. It took me one year before I could get approval for a project that I was working on. When we ended up launching that project I was not happy to see the rushed duck taped job that had been completed. Even with the poor launch the project was successful.

Watching the numbers grow and hitting my goals was what I enjoyed most. Really it starts with the people on the floor. Making sure that they feel validated in what they do and not allowing them to except mediocrity. There is a certain high from being asked to do something and then delivering more than what was asked.
Pros
Everyone is trying their best
Cons
Disconnected departments and slow adaptability
Good company but near minimum wage
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
Good company but near minimum wage.

People are friendly and competitive as bonuses are dependent on numbers completed.
Productive and energetic place to work with a strong focus on safety
Sales -Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 May 2016
Cintas is an excellent place to work with a strong focus on safety for their employees. They have an extensive training program that sets you up for success.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 April 2016
Hard work, no micro management, must be independent and great with customers. Cintas is an absolutely fantastic company to work for.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2016
I really enjoy working for them
the reason why i did not go back it because it is to slow and right now alot of peoples got layd off
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval