Cintas

Cintas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
To much responsibility but theres breakfest at meetings
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2015
Good hours but little work/life balance. Management is kind to your face but dont mess it or everything changes very quickly.
Great trainning. unorganized mamagement. Little manager involvement.
Business to buisness sales person (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2015
Pros: great out of town trainers
Cons: inconisitent pay
Cintas overall is a great company. However Edmonton specifically had trouble on the service end of the business. As a salesperson my job was to sell to new customers. Unfortunately the service I sold was to much for the service team to handle. On a very consistent basis my customers would not receive their products and services. The service truck would show up with no clean uniforms, or entrance mats etc. Sales and service management was very disconnected making it so improvements were unlikely to ever happen. My status is still great with Cintas today.
overall decent company to work for
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: on the road everyday, you are your own boss on the road
Cons: long hours at time, low respect level from management
great company to work for, the people weren't the greatest, gave very limited room for error!! Management tended to demand respect but didn't want to give much or any at all!!!

co workers all had the same complaints!! nothing was being done to change the issues being brought forward.
Good place to work for some people.
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee), WindsorApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good training, nice benefits.
Cons: Tough work.
I enjoy delivering to my customer base, making sales, getting leads, and most of what my day involves. Being trained through sessions, one on ones, through training on demand (internet) and the daily grind has made me a well rounded service/sales man. My coworkers are great, and my day is mostly filled with smiles. My management is brutal. I am regularly on the top of the board for numbers, but I get overlooked and bullied. It has become too much to overlook at this point.
Good career start to gain valuable experience
Fourth Class Power Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
Pros: supervisor, coworkers, learning opportunities
Cons: work/life balance, toxic chemicals, Lint, MGMT
Went through a couple of interviews, at one of them no one was available to interview me. Wasted my time but eventually I got the job. Nice supervisor and co-workers. Work life balance is not good but only through winter months.
Overall a decent place to start for your career and gain valuable experience. There's also room for advancement. A few changes here and there with regards to management placing of employees and you'll have great company to work for the long term.
Amazing company to work for!!!
General Manager (Current Employee), London, ONApril 14, 2015
I started at Cintas as a Service Manager and I was groomed very early to take on more as Cintas and I became an immediate fit. I fell in love with the people and culture and did well in my role as Service Manager. I was promoted to General Manager 3 years later and enjoy leading a Sales/Production/Operations/Office team of 150 people. We service 5000 customers in the local area. I enjoy keeping the team safe and happy on a daily basis.
Laid back environment but terrible management and moral and low salary with no advancement opportunity
Employee (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, laid back
Cons: low pay, bullying, lazy and terrible environment
There is no movement within the company in terms of advancement. The training is non-existent.
This location in particular has very lazy and unprofessional service managers who bully their employee's and constantly talk about them behind their backs. The location itself is a dump and has next to no heat or a/c. Don't work here.
Bust your back for very little pay.
Loader / Unloader (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good work out, walk over 30 km's a day
Cons: low pay, treated like a mule, management.
Unloader / Loader position ;

Horrible schedule , work from 1-10 or 11 pm. You have to work in either very cold temperatures or very hot temperatures . You have to absolutely bust your back to get your job done on time and be out before 11 pm. All this for $ 13.00 a hour. The worst part is that you get treated like mules to unload and re load these trucks for little pay while the drivers get triple the money to go deliver it and talk to the customers. If you do have a legitimate complaint , and you go to your manager they will literally tell you they " do not have time " to deal with your complaints / ideas. They talk a big game but fall short when it counts.
Overall was an interesting place of employment.
Project / Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Working with sales to provide valuable information to clients i.e: budget, delivery dates. Handling any issues that arose and providing solutions that would benefit the company and the clients.

Management was adequate.

With respect to co-workers, there were those who worked hard and as a team. There were others who just showed up. Unfortunately this did not help those us us who were there to be productive.

The work was enticing and kept you busy. The hardest part was working as a team with those who were just there to get paid.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the successful roll out of a program and the client's satisfaction. Put a smile on your face and made all the hard work worth while.
'SIN'TAS
Mechanical Maintenance Partner (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: toxic, unhealthy, back breaking, no ethics, environmentally unfriendly, cheap
I was a Maintenance Partner, they hired me because I have my 4th Class Power Engineering ticket so they are legally covered by Albertas boiler laws. What they should really hire is a Millwright.

Cintas will really sell the position in interviews. They will speed up the hiring process to get you locked in and its not until after you understand what is like to work in a Cintas plant.

Their plants are built using the cheapest methods possible, its very cookie cut. One staff bathroom in the office side of plant, cant just put another one in production Cintas? CHEAP.

They have extensive safety training – more... because of the employees that have died on the job in previous years. I felt like I was a 1st gradee being taught common sense.

Their benefits are not the best. They dont even cover quiting smoking medications. You get NO SICK TIME. If your sick they still want you there! They offer the lowest vacation time and you dont get paid vacation until you have served for a year....and really its you who pays for your vacation time they take little amounts from each pay cheque to cover when you use it down the road.

The fumes and chemicals in the plant are toxic and cancerous but they wont tell you this or talk about it. If you care for your personal long term health do not work here.

Unpaid breaks and lunches. You scan in using a card and they round down to the nearest 15 minute intervals always.

Lot of the management have low IQ and common sense...however they are nice people. That doesnt compensate for the constant screw ups they make and the employees end up paying for.

This company is fake, dont be tricked, its the worst place i have ever worked because of the dirty/toxic atmosphere, physical demands all day each day, poor equipment always breaking down...and they dont care about the environment at all.

They pump up to 75000 gallons of dirty water with chemicals into or sewer system. Then just pay the fines since its cheaper in the long run.

Stop polluting our atmosphere Cintas. This is very much an American company with low morals and ethics.

SINTAS – less
If youlike labor then a great place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: get benefits after 2 weeks
Cons: long hours
Good place to work good people and benefits. Flexible on hours for Friday shift as normally you're done within three hours.
good h.r. Mangement
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Good staff. Who are very polite. Customer Service Representative is a fairly easy job. Great pay.
Productive and great co workers
Unloader (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 29, 2014
With the company Cintas, it is a great company to work at. Where you work as a team with great co workers assisting you with any needs. What I have improve on during my time at Cintas was my abilities to work with others. Cintas strongly enforce team work as a day to day basis and that is also one of the most enjoyable part of the job. To be able to connect with your co workers and feel as one.
Flexible
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 2, 2014
Pros: missing traffic, ability to start as early as needed.
Cons: heavy lifting
At Cintas you are allowed to start as early as you need. I was fully SMITH trained and Safety Certified. Most co-workers are great and easy to get along with. The job can sometimes be overwhelming and stressful but is very rewarding. We have team outing on a quarterly basis and a company BBQ once a month. Overall its a rewarding career.
Terrible management
aaa (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 25, 2014
Cons: 7 interviews for a junior position, your time and talent won't get valued
Terrible interview process. Management and HR does not care about anything.
Great company which has given me an outstanding start to my career
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunities
Cons: offices are often run down
I have really enjoyed my time with Cintas. They are very focused on training and developing skills. Each location is vastly different in the culture and mentality of the employees.
Not a place to feel valued
Catalogue Manger (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
work/ family is completely off balance, always working extra hours which you are not compensated for. Heaven forbid you need to get home to your family
not bad
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 30, 2014
its a typical warehouse/plant job. long boring shifts, learned how to operate 1 ton trucks, management is too soft. give every1 days off at the same time and screw the people left working over. good mix of young/old coworkers, hardest thing is the hours
long day of driving a truck to diffenert destinations
Service Security Representative (Former Employee), missisauga, ONApril 1, 2014
driving a mobile truck to pick up documentations from different destination for the purpose of shredding and destroying them.
daily check up of truck safety and cleanliness.
doing a daily paperwork.
daily loading and unloading of truck equipments.
Horrible Management
Data Entry (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 31, 2014
Cons: low pay, bad management, don't care for well-being of employees just that their job gets done
The management is horrible and unable to deal with in-house issues. I worked above and beyond what was asked for me and when given a promotion they waited two months and I never saw the 'promotion'. Was being bullied and walked all over and HR and management did nothing. They lost a good worker who loved their job even though the pay was bad.
Headquarters