Cintas Employee Reviews

At first its all smoke and mirrors
Ssr (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2017
At first it starts good, good pay and a welcoming atmosphere. The training promised to me was supposedly "world class". I ended up having to teach it to myself as the Jr management was unable to answer any of my questions. There is no help here if you have trouble. After a few months you begin to see the dynamics of a dysfunctional management team.
They only care about the bottom line with no regard for a work/ life balance.
Management is some of the worst I've ever seen.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Training, Hours
Your the face of this company.
Scholar / Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2016
This Company is awesome! The atmosphere felt welcoming & it inspired me to perfect on public relations. I would get up so early in the morning, help every Sales Rep on their routes making sure that every client was satisfied so they can uphold their proficiency. At the end of the day I would go home & would want to talk about work because I never had a bad day working there. I do miss it at times.
Fast paced job environment with good benefits
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
Busy job, I learned to work well on my own and manage my time. I would drive upwards of 2000 kms a week so i am comfortable driving. Typical day would be delivering various products and services that Cintas would offer, and managing my customers accounts and inventory levels. The hardest part of the job for me was staying over night out of town. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and growing lasting relationships with my customers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a lot to learn
Bad work Ethics
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
They don't care about the employees,
The times i've been working there, it seems they have been ripping off all these customers. locking them into contracts and saying otherwise but making them sign contracts and convincing them its nothing.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Long hours, Disrespect, Low Pay
Fast-paced high stress work environment; good compensation
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2016
This company hires great people and is a good place to work. They expect a lot in terms or activity and results but you are well compensated for your efforts and they have great benefits. It is a large corporation, and as with many, it can be hard to change things. Good culture.
Good earning potential for motivated people.
Sales & Service Rep (SSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2016
The moment the economy dropped I was asked by my service Manager to bill products and services that were not being delivered. after refusing to do this I was getting a warning everyday. most I could fight. I was fired for something my GM asked everyone to do 6 months earlier. The management in Calgary is a joke.
Pros
4 day weeks, salary plus commissions on sales
Cons
Long hours, Poor (yes man) management
garbage company
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 July 2016
This company is a pipe dream promising piece of work.
they hire people with promises of promotion, and make you work hours like 1-930 pm, basically trapping you in the job and position at hand.
the management is power hungry, and unorganized, and the work is slave drive worthy. do not work here if you have other options, because you will not enjoy it. The employees at this company are even advising new hires not to take the job.

Any good review here is by upper management and people in the company no where near the bottom.
Pros
zip
Cons
everything
I'll never forget my 'trial run'
RSSR (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 December 2016
A few years back I applied here and after two interviews was told I was going out with a sales route associate (or whatever they called it) for a day of 'training' to see if I fit.
I showed up at 3:30 in the morning and proceeded to work with their employee...sorry...work FOR their employee as he did nothing other than sit in the truck and bark orders. I was game for it, however as it IS hard work. But what the heck. After a fifteen hour day (no word of a lie) I left and asked this fella how I did. He told me 'Great and to expect a job'.
I never heard from these guys again.
My calls were not returned and I was never paid for the day I worked.

I finally posted an extended version of this story on Facebook as I was fine if they felt I wasn't the right fit, but to ignore my calls and not offer me a fair days pay was ludicrous. I was contacted via Facebook by a corporate rep and was told that someone from the Vancouver Island office would be in touch as my concerns were legitimate.

I never heard a word.

Pretty shoddy in my mind,
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2016
This is a solid company with great performance metrics. Lots of investment in training Partners of all levels. Most people really enjoy working there
Good easy work but all part time
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
Part time work for almost every position not likely to get full time but as part time you can get benefits. also you can pick up more hours if you want to.
Productive and energetic place to work with a strong focus on safety
Sales -Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 May 2016
Cintas is an excellent place to work with a strong focus on safety for their employees. They have an extensive training program that sets you up for success.
Review
Office (Current Employee) –  Mason, ON15 February 2016
Run, seriously I mean that run for your life. Getting a job here is anything but a good thing. You would be better off being unemployed than working here!!! This is the worst job of my life, I have been belittled, overworked, severely underpaid, bullied, ridiculed, treated with absolutely no dignity, civility, respect or decency since I've been working here and can't wait to quit! It's so bad I feel like committing suicide when I leave work half the time and contemplate when I am at work. Jobs don't get any worse than Cintas.
Cons
Good company but near minimum wage
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
Good company but near minimum wage.

People are friendly and competitive as bonuses are dependent on numbers completed.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 April 2016
Hard work, no micro management, must be independent and great with customers. Cintas is an absolutely fantastic company to work for.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2016
I really enjoy working for them
the reason why i did not go back it because it is to slow and right now alot of peoples got layd off
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great partners
Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
Great people to work with, management team not the greatest, little room for advancement. Salary very low for the job required, benefits ok,
Best place I have ever worked!
Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
The most exciting adventurous job I have ever herd of. Incredible life experiences. Great team and management to work with. extremely rewarding position, except for the monetary compensation
Pros
Incredible experiences while on the job
Cons
low compensation
Great trainning. unorganized mamagement. Little manager involvement.
Business to buisness sales person (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2015
Cintas overall is a great company. However Edmonton specifically had trouble on the service end of the business. As a salesperson my job was to sell to new customers. Unfortunately the service I sold was to much for the service team to handle. On a very consistent basis my customers would not receive their products and services. The service truck would show up with no clean uniforms, or entrance mats etc. Sales and service management was very disconnected making it so improvements were unlikely to ever happen. My status is still great with Cintas today.
Pros
great out of town trainers
Cons
inconisitent pay
Machine Operator, Loading and Unloading
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2016
It was fun except i was in school and the schedule was related.
I choose to finish the school and after i finished my courses I found a job in auto Industry.
Good place to work for some people.
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor27 April 2015
I enjoy delivering to my customer base, making sales, getting leads, and most of what my day involves. Being trained through sessions, one on ones, through training on demand (internet) and the daily grind has made me a well rounded service/sales man. My coworkers are great, and my day is mostly filled with smiles. My management is brutal. I am regularly on the top of the board for numbers, but I get overlooked and bullied. It has become too much to overlook at this point.
Pros
Good training, nice benefits.
Cons
Tough work.

2.9