This is a volunteer position. Application Deadline May 5th, 2013
Cinevolution Media Arts Society is seeking creative, dedicated, and skilled people to join our team in planning the upcoming 3rd Annual Your Kontinent: Richmond International Film & Media Arts Festival (July 19-27). As the winner of the 2012 Richmond Arts Award for Artistic Innovation, Cinevolution (www.cinevolutionmedia.com) was dubbed one of the most promising media arts organizations in Greater Vancouver. Our annual Your Kontinent Festival (www.ykfestival.ca) is the first and foremost celebration of international film and media arts in Richmond, BC.
- A fun and memorable summer experience
- Networking opportunities with filmmakers, artists, leaders and peers in the arts and business community
- Professional development and mentorship
- Opportunity for leadership and executive roles
- Watch films and performances free of charge
- Volunteer hours and/or letter of recommendation
- Develop a volunteer recruitment and membership development strategy
- Establish and maintain a database for volunteer and membership management
- Establish relationships with volunteer programs from universities, clubs, civic groups, etc.
- Determine and schedule training session dates
- Monitor, support, motivate volunteer, and plan, organize and implement volunteer and membership recognition party
- Proven experience working/coordinating volunteering for community projects
- Good computer data management knowledge and skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, judgment, initiative and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking at events and functions
- Ability to organize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, plan schedules and coordinate events
- Minimum 3 month (May 1- July 31)
- Approximately 8-10 hours per week in addition to weekly meetings
- During the festival time (July 19-27), approximately 6 hours per day including evenings and weekends
If you are interested in any of the positions, please email a cover letter and a resume to the Human Resource Manager Edgar Sánchez.
Indeed - 22 months ago
As the winner of the 2012 Richmond Arts Award for Artistic Innovation, Cinevolution (www.cinevolutionmedia.com) was dubbed one of the most...