This is a volunteer position. Application deadline is May 5, 2013.
Cinevolution Media Arts Society is seeking creative, dedicated, and skilled people to join our team in planning the upcoming 3rd Annual Your Kontinent: Richmond International Film & Media Arts Festival (July 19-27). As the winner of the 2012 Richmond Arts Award for Artistic Innovation, Cinevolution (www.cinevolutionmedia.com) was dubbed one of the most promising media arts organizations in Greater Vancouver. Our annual Your Kontinent Festival (www.ykfestival.ca) is the first and foremost celebration of international film and media arts in Richmond, BC.
- A fun and memorable summer experience
- Networking opportunities with filmmakers, artists, leaders and peers in the arts and business
- Professional development and mentorship
- Opportunity for leadership and executive roles
- Watch films and performances free of charge
- Volunteer hours and/or letter of recommendation
- Assist festival programmers and curator in finalizing the festival program
- Assist with correspondence between filmmakers, artists, instructors, distributors, etc..
- Assist with the special event planning and implementation
- Assist with data entry and management
- Strong creative abilities to think out of the box
- Passion towards films and media arts
- Sound knowledge of filmmaking, media arts, fine arts, event planning, or related field
- Dedicated, self-motivated, well-organized, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Post secondary education in Fine Arts, Filmmaking, Media Arts, or related field is an asset
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of digital media technology
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills
- Minimum 3 month (May 1- July 31)
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week in addition to weekly meetings, during the festival time (July 19-27), approximately 4-6 hours per day including evenings and weekends
If you are interested in any of the positions, please email a cover letter and a resume to Edgar Sánchez.
Indeed - 16 months ago