Cineplex Employee Reviews in Canada

great atmosphere, bad hours.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON, CanadaSeptember 16, 2015
Although it is a fun place to work, the times when most people want time off, is when the movie theater is at its busiest, such as weekends and holidays.

As well pay was just above minimum wage, for a job the required many late evenings and weekends.

I really enjoyed my time at Cineplex, however, it is not a place I'd like to make a life long career.
Pros
free movies
Cons
very late nights
Silvershitty
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 23, 2015
Barely no benefits were given. Management is as awful as can be, most are incredibly conceited and extremely passive aggressive. They tend to take it out on cast members for things that doesn't involve cast members at all. Co-workers are the same everywhere, some you like, some you hate! I believe that they're one of the few reasons Cineplex is worth staying for because all other factors are ridiculous. The only great thing about cineplex is the flexibility of the schedules. Since it's always busy, you're almost always guaranteed a shift whether it be 4 hours all the way to 8 hours. Lots of people tend to give shifts away and take shifts from people, it all depends on the hours and the area you're trained in.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management, customers, toxic-environment for the most part, no raise will ever be given unless you apply to move up (it's not worth it)
Excellent place with open culture
Purchasing and Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of doing my job correctly and enjoying it even though it was not so stimulating. I learned the world of purchasing and corporate sales my short time there and grateful for it. Management was alright, they seemed to be absent a lot of the times and didn't get a proper feel for their employees. The co-workers were typically all nice and well liked.
Pros
Outings and open culture
Cons
lack of communication with management
Fast moving work place that requires exceptional customer service
Customer Service associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Working at Cineplex is all about team work.
- Prepping for the rush hours.
- Preparation of food
- Serving guests in a fast moving work environment.
- Sales, Cash handling, Serving food
- End of the day, inventory counts

- The biggest challenge is being prepared for the rush hours without knowing an exact number of customers to serve. At the same time, we constantly have to be aware of prepping, cooking and discarding expired food items on right times. While doing all those, we serve customers who are often in a hurry to get their food and enjoy the movie.
Good place to start off when young, only good thing it has is flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Super flexible, you can craft your schedule the way you want by taking or getting rid of shifts by trading with your co-workers

100+ employees meant someone is most of the time willing to cover your shift or you can take a shift

You deal with many people on your worse of nights and fight boredom on your less than stellar days

They're open 365 days a year, so you can work Stat. holidays and get paid more

Managers aren't collectively together so messages weren't always delivered to you about promotions and changes that happen overnight, it is like another high-school where drama and theft happens in the workplace

You aren't paid for your 15 min breaks, let alone even get one if you work more than 4 hours.
Pros
flexible, always open = more shifts, can pick up and give shifts with ease
Cons
no paid breaks, very petty and you have to kiss up to managers to get noticed
Fun starting job
team member (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 3, 2015
Cineplex is a good starting job if you are looking for full time and or part time work , the people are friendly and the pay isnt to bad , they have great discounts for employees
Pros
Good benfits
Cons
Not enough hrs
Easy going environment with efficient cooperationg
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
People there great to work with, good sense of teamwork. busy environment well kept under stress. Decent employment perks, but awfully disorganized management.
An interesting experience to say the least.
Cast Member (Customer Service/ Sales) (Current Employee) –  TrinityJuly 27, 2015
Cineplex is one of those jobs that I will most likely look back on very fondly. Whether it's the staff, management, or just those days with very little to do and more time to focus on prepping the building, there always seems to be something to love about the job. You won't want to leave it. I can tell you that, there will always be those customers that make you say "maybe I ca stay for just a few more weeks" because the job experience is through the roof. There are some stressful situations so always take this with the assumption that you can handle stress but definitely a great place to spend your first working portion of your life.
Pros
Free food/ Discounts for cast, Free movies, Awesome Staff, Fabulous work experiences
Cons
Few Hours Common, Removal of 15 minute breaks for shorter shifts, Moderately High Stress at times
Fast-paced and friendly working environment.
frontline cook/ concession attendant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONNovember 20, 2015
A typical day at work was attending to the guest at the movie theater and always go above and beyond to make a lasting impression. One thing that sticks with me till this day is, "Deliver An Exceptional Guest Service Experience."
I learned the intricacies of the customer service industry.
I learned good communication skills and interpersonal skills. For example. How to upsell, how to stock merchandise, how to be neat and tidy.
The co-workers were from all different walks of life and backgrounds.
The co-workers were friendly for the most part but at times can be selfish. With that being said if you would ask for help; there response would be ask someone else or the Team Leader. Don't get me wrong your work life is not your personal and Cineplex thought me how to be a professional individual.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with rushes and showtimes and keeping a smile on your face because of the fast-paced work environment. As an employee of Cineplex you were always on your feet.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the free movie voucher every pay stub.
fun work place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 31, 2015
you work nights holidays and weekends. great place to start your career but not great when you have a family. You will enjoy working with first time employees and are able to help mold them into great workers. Everyday is a new challenge which make the job fun
Pros
free movies
Cons
Nights Holidays and weekends are the work schedule
High level of quality, great workplace
Junior Network Administrator- Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
My review of Cineplex Head Office in Toronto starts with the word, fantastic. I was able to enter the level 3 Administration role of Junior Network Administrator and work closely with the Networking team. Not only the Networking team but the entire IT Operations team were helpful and I felt as one of the team right away. I reconfigured every switch HP Procurve in the Canada wide Infrastructure, every time I enter a theatre I think, "Hey I managed every switch in here for PCI Compliance"
Pros
Take a 10 minute break get a coffee anytime
Very Good work live balance.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaSeptember 18, 2015
Great scheduling leading to great work life balance, however tough to be able to afford much working there. It is a fun environment and offers the ability to move up within the company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Fast paced, Friendly enviroment with a great crew!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 2, 2015
Silvercity Richmond Hill is a great place to work at! The first time you are hired, you instantly feel welcomed and the environment is very friendly. The hardest part I would say is at the very beginning, since movie theaters can instantly attract traffic and time management and having the right skills is everything. However, the staff and the cast members are there to help you out in every step!

The most enjoyable part of silver city would be the cast members and the staff and the satisfaction of being part of a family that really cares for one another!
Pros
Cast meal discount! Free movies (VIP, AVX etc)
Cons
Summer times, late closing hours
good work place
cashier/usher (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSOctober 4, 2015
I loved working at cineplex , great people and great staff and management. There was always something to do while you were working it was never boring , and great work benefits.
Fast paced and entertaining place to work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2015
Dealing with lots of people everyday, always something new. Lots of room to move up in the company and opportunities to learn new things are always available. Lots of managers on duty to help with any issues we may have. Hardest part of my job is dealing with faulty technology and the customer issues that creates (computer systems freezing, and ATK machines breaking down). The highlight of my job is every pay cycle we are awarded with free movie passes.
Pros
Free movies and discounts on Outtakes food
Cons
Working late nights may occur
Fun working environment
Employee at Cineplex Scarborough Cinemas (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a part time job and are in school, schedule can be very lenient. Cineplex seems to hire the best people to work with, very easy to get along with everyone.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management has changed, not as good as before
Not enough hours but lots of perks
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcMay 15, 2015
I loved working at Cineplex, the hours were flexible until they started basing your shifts on your seniority. I would get 1 shift every 2 months if I was lucky. The people are nice and you get free movies passes and discounts on concessions. If you work in concessions you get commission on the combos you sell. This is a great starter job, however there is very little room for advancement, or at least at the theater I worked at.
Good atmosphere and company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  La Salle, QCOctober 20, 2015
Great company to work for.
Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Great co-workers.
Flexible schedule.
Good benefits.
fun and productive
Senior Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 22, 2015
very good employee . very good good to work for and advance. A very fun and starter job. provides flex hours. No experience necessary training provided.
The job was really simple.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2015
=>Typical day of work was cooking and cleaning
=> didn't really learn anything useful
=> management was helpful for the most part
=> co-workers were teenage kids, about half of them were motivated while the other half were lazy

=> If you are working with your friends it makes the job enjoyable, other wise it's really boring
Pros
Free movie tickets, worked with many people

2.8