Cineplex Employee Reviews

Was good, not very hard.
Concession Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
It was good experience. Although I worked for few months, I could feel that I am working with good people in great work environment.
If you like movies, I highly recommend to work for Cineplex.
Best Job Ever
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 September 2016
Cineplex Entertainment was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had, the management and crew were always smiling and very friendly! I learned a lot from this job that has helped me later on with previous jobs. Thank you Abbotsford Cineplex for making my time there memorable and amazing.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Not enough Pay
Postitive, easy-going & friendly.
Theatre Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2016
A typical day required you working with some incredible staff, in a very positive welcoming environment. Management was amazing, co-workers were sensational. It was definitely an enjoyable and encouraging experience.
Pros
Movie Passes
Fun and active work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2015
Working at Cineplex has been a great experience for being a first job. The hours are quite flexible and the benefits are very nice for a working student. Management has been very welcoming and understanding to my as an employee . They are very helpful and accommodate to me being a working student. The hardest part of the job would be working late hours or just doing closing shifts but overall I recommend this job for high school students for its flexibility , gaining work experience, and working with such great co-workers who are very reliable and nice.
Not too Bad for a First job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2016
I did enjoy my employment here. It is a good job for anyone who is looking for their first job. Unfortunately it is open EVERY day of the year..
Pros
Free Popcorn and Drinks while on shift. Free Entry to Movies anytime W/ notice to management
Cons
Sometimes works untill after midnight. Open EVERY day of year.
Perfect balance between work and play
Cast Trainer (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK2 September 2016
Working at the movie theatre is a perfect job for high school students. The management is great at scheduling time off work so you are able to do sports, vacation, etc. With the hours being based on high school students school times it works great. Start times aren't till four and you finish at nine on weekdays.
Pros
not many hours
Cons
not many hours
Excellent Workplace
Marketing Intern, Digital Strategies (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
An absolutely fantastic corporate culture with teams of individuals who are incredibly helpful and inclusive. Would completely recommend working at Cineplex to every member of society.
Productive workplace with interesting people
Cineplex Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2016
Working at Cineplex had a lot of benefits, they had flexible hours, and friendly workers.I enjoyed the people I worked with and have learned a lot about customer service and how to handle certain situations. It was an amazing place to work.
Pros
Lots of benefits; free movies
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Company
Film Settlements Associate, AP Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Cineplex is a good company. I want to focus on the Accounts Payable and work closer to home.

I spend a lot of time on traffic everyday.
Review
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
Cineplex was okay for a first job. I learned a lot but the training could have been a lot better. They quickly went through with hardly any time for questions.
Customer Service
Food & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Able to learn and resolve issue that customer have bring your attention to during their experience with their visit. Is a job that you are able to meet new friends
Fast Paced, Fun, Exciting and Interactive Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
A typical day at Cineplex is very fast moving day that involves a lot of human interactions. Making food and talking to everyone was part of a normal successful day. The team at Cineplex is very friendly and extremely fun to be around.
Great Place
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 March 2017
I love it and it's great to work here since everyone is so friendly. It's a great starting job as it teaches you the basics of the work environment and how to stay focused.
The Life of a Cast Member
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 August 2015
As a Cineplex cast member we are supposed to complete the jobs we are assigned that day. As I generally work in concession my job is to sell the customers their food, get their food to them as well as trying to sell combos. During all this, cast members are supposed to keep their areas stocked as well as doing some cleaning of our work areas. At the end of the shift, each of the two cast members assigned to a zone are supposed to clean the dishes and area of that zone as well as restocking the candy tier. After all this is done, generally the cast members are allowed to leave at the end of their shift. However they must complete the cleaning and restocking before they go, unless some other arrangements with management have been made. To do all this work without falling behind each cast member has to work as fast and effective as possible.

All in all a person's satisfaction with this job can be decided by 3 factors. The Management, the other employees, and that person them self.
Pros
Some items are free, free movies for yourself and one other.
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, 30 minute unpaid break, and no benefits for those below a certain level of management.
work was bareable.
Concession/Floor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2012
A typical day at work is coming in 30 minutes before to make sure i swipe in within the last 5 minutes. After that I will go grab my till and sign in on this computer so I can have money in my cash register, I will than have to wait for someone to walk me over to main concession. As I get there I will make popcorn verify that everyone has lids and cups trays and kid trays. I will than take orders or help others if I'm not busy. When were on our last hour of work we will start to clean up and put away the nachos and fill up the candy section. In my opinion my salary was not worth all the work I was doing, $9.60 hourly rate.
Pros
disounts on break only.
Cons
long hours on school days, far traveling. when coming late it was pointless calling management, no one answered nor read the voicemails
good
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 January 2017
good place to work lots of hours fair pay and everybody is close and have a lot of fun meet a lot of interesting people can't say enough good stuff about this place
Productive Workplace
Booth Staff/Projectionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2015
The job offers step by step tutorial for newcomers that will take them in a higher position. I learned from cleaning theaters to selling food/tickets to handling an old projector all in 2 years working for this company. Management are very flexible with schedules and very organized. Co-workers may be tough to work with at first, but once everyone gets to know one another everything will be fun and exciting to work with. Hardest part of the job when I made an mistake in front of my guest, but I learned from my past mistake and resolved all of the errors I made. Most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is working hard to make every guest happy, and feel comfortable in the theater.
Pros
Free movie tickets and benefits
Cons
N/A
A Good Start
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
Working at Cineplex was a good way to enter the work force, especially if you are just entering the work force as a student.
Tedious Job with Great Benefits
Employee at Cineplex Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2014
This job was a very repetitive one, and required much social interaction. There are typically large crowds, and many available diverse jobs. Co-workers were typically in their twenties, and acted as such. They could be very immature, and would swear a lot. However, they did their work with no problems. Managers were a little intimidating, however, they were reasonable and flexible regarding shifts and hours. The hardest part of the job were the large crowds. This job is not recommended for introverts or those with social anxiety. The best part of the job were the benefits, including free movie passes, and free food during shifts.
Pros
Free movie passes and free food during shifts
Cons
Long hours, Large crowds
Productive and Busy enviroment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2016
A shift consist of:
1. preparing food for guest
2. open or close the unit
3. Cleaning
4. Cashier

I also did extra cleaning jobs that was not in my job description. this include taking apart the pizza oven to repair and clean. also clean oil vents
Pros
they enjoyed my works at was considered for promotion within 4 months
Cons
unfair earning

2.8