Cineplex Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to start off when young, only good thing it has is flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Super flexible, you can craft your schedule the way you want by taking or getting rid of shifts by trading with your co-workers

100+ employees meant someone is most of the time willing to cover your shift or you can take a shift

You deal with many people on your worse of nights and fight boredom on your less than stellar days

They're open 365 days a year, so you can work Stat. holidays and get paid more

Managers aren't collectively together so messages weren't always delivered to you about promotions and changes that happen overnight, it is like another high-school where drama and theft happens in the workplace

You aren't paid for your 15 min breaks, let alone even get one if you work more than 4 hours.
Pros
flexible, always open = more shifts, can pick up and give shifts with ease
Cons
no paid breaks, very petty and you have to kiss up to managers to get noticed
Silvershitty
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 23, 2015
Barely no benefits were given. Management is as awful as can be, most are incredibly conceited and extremely passive aggressive. They tend to take it out on cast members for things that doesn't involve cast members at all. Co-workers are the same everywhere, some you like, some you hate! I believe that they're one of the few reasons Cineplex is worth staying for because all other factors are ridiculous. The only great thing about cineplex is the flexibility of the schedules. Since it's always busy, you're almost always guaranteed a shift whether it be 4 hours all the way to 8 hours. Lots of people tend to give shifts away and take shifts from people, it all depends on the hours and the area you're trained in.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management, customers, toxic-environment for the most part, no raise will ever be given unless you apply to move up (it's not worth it)
Fun and active work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Working at Cineplex has been a great experience for being a first job. The hours are quite flexible and the benefits are very nice for a working student. Management has been very welcoming and understanding to my as an employee . They are very helpful and accommodate to me being a working student. The hardest part of the job would be working late hours or just doing closing shifts but overall I recommend this job for high school students for its flexibility , gaining work experience, and working with such great co-workers who are very reliable and nice.
fun and productive
Senior Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 22, 2015
very good employee . very good good to work for and advance. A very fun and starter job. provides flex hours. No experience necessary training provided.
Very Good work live balance.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaSeptember 18, 2015
Great scheduling leading to great work life balance, however tough to be able to afford much working there. It is a fun environment and offers the ability to move up within the company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
great atmosphere, bad hours.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON, CanadaSeptember 16, 2015
Although it is a fun place to work, the times when most people want time off, is when the movie theater is at its busiest, such as weekends and holidays.

As well pay was just above minimum wage, for a job the required many late evenings and weekends.

I really enjoyed my time at Cineplex, however, it is not a place I'd like to make a life long career.
Pros
free movies
Cons
very late nights
3/5
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 12, 2015
Sometimes unorganized, Managers can be biased. Sometimes unfair management decisions. Unnecessary confrontations with managers and other cast members.

Yet, managers are willing to help most of the time. Easy to get a long with for the majority. Most are easy going.

Sometimes can feel helpless when their is a concern with guest (customer) and Cast member. Manager doesn't support cast member OFTEN. when in a confrontation and the guest is being very unreasonable.

Good first job.

Hours go by quick

Many opportunities for different kinds of work there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Constant new things added to the menu that are sometimes time consuming.
Excellent place with open culture
Purchasing and Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of doing my job correctly and enjoying it even though it was not so stimulating. I learned the world of purchasing and corporate sales my short time there and grateful for it. Management was alright, they seemed to be absent a lot of the times and didn't get a proper feel for their employees. The co-workers were typically all nice and well liked.
Pros
Outings and open culture
Cons
lack of communication with management
Good people, terrible pay
Assistant Manager at Silvercity Richmond Hill (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 27, 2015
This job was amazing for many reasons, but equally bad for the same amount of reasons. The management team and the team you work with ends up to be your family at the end of the day and the environment it great. I'm sure everywhere you go you get people that aren't the best to serve, but this location specially has a lot of people that are constantly grumpy and that's not even the bad part about it. You work the worst possible hours starting around 4 and leaving around 2 am until the last show gets out. Its not an ideal job if you are in school or attempting to provide for a family because the pay is the worst part about it. As an assistant manager I was only paid 11.75 an hour for doing the exact same thing that a full time manager did but they got paid 30000 a year. This job is okay for pocket money but isn't good for the amount of hours and labor put into the job. However if you are doing it for the experience then Cineplex has a lot of knowledge to offer
Pros
Free Movies Every Week, 75% off food ONLY when youre working.
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, and labor depending on your position
Fast moving work place that requires exceptional customer service
Customer Service associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Working at Cineplex is all about team work.
- Prepping for the rush hours.
- Preparation of food
- Serving guests in a fast moving work environment.
- Sales, Cash handling, Serving food
- End of the day, inventory counts

- The biggest challenge is being prepared for the rush hours without knowing an exact number of customers to serve. At the same time, we constantly have to be aware of prepping, cooking and discarding expired food items on right times. While doing all those, we serve customers who are often in a hurry to get their food and enjoy the movie.
The Life of a Cast Member
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 6, 2015
As a Cineplex cast member we are supposed to complete the jobs we are assigned that day. As I generally work in concession my job is to sell the customers their food, get their food to them as well as trying to sell combos. During all this, cast members are supposed to keep their areas stocked as well as doing some cleaning of our work areas. At the end of the shift, each of the two cast members assigned to a zone are supposed to clean the dishes and area of that zone as well as restocking the candy tier. After all this is done, generally the cast members are allowed to leave at the end of their shift. However they must complete the cleaning and restocking before they go, unless some other arrangements with management have been made. To do all this work without falling behind each cast member has to work as fast and effective as possible.

All in all a person's satisfaction with this job can be decided by 3 factors. The Management, the other employees, and that person them self.
Pros
Some items are free, free movies for yourself and one other.
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, 30 minute unpaid break, and no benefits for those below a certain level of management.
fun work place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 31, 2015
you work nights holidays and weekends. great place to start your career but not great when you have a family. You will enjoy working with first time employees and are able to help mold them into great workers. Everyday is a new challenge which make the job fun
Pros
free movies
Cons
Nights Holidays and weekends are the work schedule
An interesting experience to say the least.
Cast Member (Customer Service/ Sales) (Current Employee) –  TrinityJuly 27, 2015
Cineplex is one of those jobs that I will most likely look back on very fondly. Whether it's the staff, management, or just those days with very little to do and more time to focus on prepping the building, there always seems to be something to love about the job. You won't want to leave it. I can tell you that, there will always be those customers that make you say "maybe I ca stay for just a few more weeks" because the job experience is through the roof. There are some stressful situations so always take this with the assumption that you can handle stress but definitely a great place to spend your first working portion of your life.
Pros
Free food/ Discounts for cast, Free movies, Awesome Staff, Fabulous work experiences
Cons
Few Hours Common, Removal of 15 minute breaks for shorter shifts, Moderately High Stress at times
Fun working environment
Employee at Cineplex Scarborough Cinemas (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 18, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a part time job and are in school, schedule can be very lenient. Cineplex seems to hire the best people to work with, very easy to get along with everyone.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management has changed, not as good as before
High level of quality, great workplace
Junior Network Administrator- Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
My review of Cineplex Head Office in Toronto starts with the word, fantastic. I was able to enter the level 3 Administration role of Junior Network Administrator and work closely with the Networking team. Not only the Networking team but the entire IT Operations team were helpful and I felt as one of the team right away. I reconfigured every switch HP Procurve in the Canada wide Infrastructure, every time I enter a theatre I think, "Hey I managed every switch in here for PCI Compliance"
Pros
Take a 10 minute break get a coffee anytime
Great place to work in a fast pace environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 24, 2015
Great company to work for. Typical Days at work differ depending on the tasks for the day. Learned a great deal in leadership, communication, health & safety, marketing, media, event planning.
Pros
Flexible schedules
oTHER
Bilingual Guest Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Other. It was ok. It was good for students in school and post secondary students. Good part time job. Experience is good.
Fast paced, Friendly enviroment with a great crew!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 2, 2015
Silvercity Richmond Hill is a great place to work at! The first time you are hired, you instantly feel welcomed and the environment is very friendly. The hardest part I would say is at the very beginning, since movie theaters can instantly attract traffic and time management and having the right skills is everything. However, the staff and the cast members are there to help you out in every step!

The most enjoyable part of silver city would be the cast members and the staff and the satisfaction of being part of a family that really cares for one another!
Pros
Cast meal discount! Free movies (VIP, AVX etc)
Cons
Summer times, late closing hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cast Member/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Experience of a customer service
Pressure hour and pushed your limits
Deep understanding towards the customers
Work times are bit off
It's part time indeed but it's flexing to the hours given
Fast paced and entertaining place to work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2015
Dealing with lots of people everyday, always something new. Lots of room to move up in the company and opportunities to learn new things are always available. Lots of managers on duty to help with any issues we may have. Hardest part of my job is dealing with faulty technology and the customer issues that creates (computer systems freezing, and ATK machines breaking down). The highlight of my job is every pay cycle we are awarded with free movie passes.
Pros
Free movies and discounts on Outtakes food
Cons
Working late nights may occur

2.8