Cineplex Employee Reviews

Good people, terrible pay
Assistant Manager at Silvercity Richmond Hill (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 27, 2015
This job was amazing for many reasons, but equally bad for the same amount of reasons. The management team and the team you work with ends up to be your family at the end of the day and the environment it great. I'm sure everywhere you go you get people that aren't the best to serve, but this location specially has a lot of people that are constantly grumpy and that's not even the bad part about it. You work the worst possible hours starting around 4 and leaving around 2 am until the last show gets out. Its not an ideal job if you are in school or attempting to provide for a family because the pay is the worst part about it. As an assistant manager I was only paid 11.75 an hour for doing the exact same thing that a full time manager did but they got paid 30000 a year. This job is okay for pocket money but isn't good for the amount of hours and labor put into the job. However if you are doing it for the experience then Cineplex has a lot of knowledge to offer
Pros
Free Movies Every Week, 75% off food ONLY when youre working.
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, and labor depending on your position
The managers are bullies in Red Deer
Box office, concession, and usher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 16, 2015
I worked at this place for almost two years and got passed over for promotions many, many times. I trained the people that got promoted to Supervisor, Asst. Manager and Teller. Countless kids would come to me about how the GM was treating them and claiming they couldn't do anything about it, I always told them to go to HR and the Labor Standards Board. I emailed HR on two different occasions about the GM with my own problems and nothing was done about it or him. This company is only in it for the money, the employees mean nothing to them because there is always another naive kid to take your place if you try to fight for your rights. APPLICANTS BEWARE!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
THE MANAGERS
love working here
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 21, 2016
Cineplex is a great place to work if you are a student with a busy life and need flexible hours. You get to meet a lot of interesting people and they offer you great training for future jobs
Good Experience
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2015
There are several positions that you could work as a cast member: concession, floor, box office, outtakes, and yoyo's to name a few. Working at Cineplex you will acquire the benefits of getting the experience in the customer service industry. In my experience, I would say management displayed a lot of favoritism, and it showed in scheduling, promotions, and treatment to the employees. The co-workers for the most part were friendly, but sometimes the atmosphere reminded me of high-school, a lot of "cliques" and drama. The hardest part of the job was probably the late hours, I've been scheduled to work as late as 1am, and would clock out at 3 am. Consider your weekends gone too. The most enjoyable part of the job is the cast passes (free movies) and the cast food discount of course, our theater was unionized and we had a lot of opportunities to get perks and tuition bursaries. We also received paid breaks, 2 weeks vacation per year, and there are opportunities to receive scholarships for those in post-secondary school. Overall the experience was a good one, I would recommend the job to anyone looking for a part-time job and doesn't mind the late hours.
Pros
50% discount on concession items, free cast passes, tuition bursaries, unionized (paid breaks)
Cons
Late hours, Favoritism, Low Pay
Friendly workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2016
A typical day would be to open the restaurant by making the necessary preparations for the day. Make sure everything is set to properly and efficiently serve the guest. I learned to work better in groups and under pressure also better communication. The hardest part of the job was to learn to work under pressure. The most enjoyable part was working with such a big base of employees because it had a very friendly environment, even with the managers.
Pros
free movies.
Cons
short breaks.
Great Community
Team Leader (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 24, 2016
Cineplex is a great first jobs for a lot of students, making a very fun and exciting community to work with. Moreover, management is accustomed to dealing with new hires, thus they know how to teach younger employees.
Entertainment company
Part Time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 5, 2016
Entertainment company that provides a variety of different roles within the Cineplex community, I worked as floor member and a concession member.
Pros
free movies
Socially Interactive & Supportive Team Enviroment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 17, 2016
As a cast member, I truly enjoy working with Cineplex. At my theater my management team is truly amazing and they go above and beyond to make sure that you are in a comfortable and safe work environment.
Pros
Free Movies, Flexible Hours
Cons
Minimum Wage Pay
work was bareable.
Concession/Floor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2012
A typical day at work is coming in 30 minutes before to make sure i swipe in within the last 5 minutes. After that I will go grab my till and sign in on this computer so I can have money in my cash register, I will than have to wait for someone to walk me over to main concession. As I get there I will make popcorn verify that everyone has lids and cups trays and kid trays. I will than take orders or help others if I'm not busy. When were on our last hour of work we will start to clean up and put away the nachos and fill up the candy section. In my opinion my salary was not worth all the work I was doing, $9.60 hourly rate.
Pros
disounts on break only.
Cons
long hours on school days, far traveling. when coming late it was pointless calling management, no one answered nor read the voicemails
Its ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 28, 2016
Not horrible. but its pretty good. Managers are very caring and flexible with schedules. Working there was fun. Recommend working there to gain experience and meet new people!
good
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2016
it is good its good great good wonderful its good why yall making me write dis huh imma get bare thumbs down still but its all cool i is smartt very smart kbye
A great group of people to work with
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 20, 2016
Everyday working there was made enduring by the excellent group of people that I worked with on a daily basis. The job itself was hard work, and fulfilling. The management staff was not as involved and personable as I would have liked
Fun workplace with an inviting atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
This job has been very fun. As an employee, you get to learn a lot of interpersonal skills when interacting with guests and co-workers. I can say that I never have an awful day working at Cineplex!
Fast-paced and friendly working environment.
frontline cook/ concession attendant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONNovember 20, 2015
A typical day at work was attending to the guest at the movie theater and always go above and beyond to make a lasting impression. One thing that sticks with me till this day is, "Deliver An Exceptional Guest Service Experience."
I learned the intricacies of the customer service industry.
I learned good communication skills and interpersonal skills. For example. How to upsell, how to stock merchandise, how to be neat and tidy.
The co-workers were from all different walks of life and backgrounds.
The co-workers were friendly for the most part but at times can be selfish. With that being said if you would ask for help; there response would be ask someone else or the Team Leader. Don't get me wrong your work life is not your personal and Cineplex thought me how to be a professional individual.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with rushes and showtimes and keeping a smile on your face because of the fast-paced work environment. As an employee of Cineplex you were always on your feet.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the free movie voucher every pay stub.
It's a nice place to work.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
It's a good place to work they just don't give enough shifts to the people that need them. The people there are really nice and it's a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good place to work/
Cons
Not enough shifts
A decent job for someone with a tight availability.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 14, 2014
Working at cineplex has its benefits but it also lacks in other areas
The pay is minimum for everyone under full-time management, with supervisors receiving 25 cents more and assistant managers about 75 cents more per hour. There's no real chance for a raise if you're just a part time employee and depending on the time of year and what movies happen to be released that year, the amount of hours available fluctuates GREATLY. On slow days you can be sent home early because they need to save hours, good for those that want to just leave that day, but bad for those that are trying to make money. The job has its rewards like almost never having to pay for a movie, and getting discounts on food. If you're trying to make money during the summer this is a good job, but if you're trying to save throughout the year and earn a stable paycheque then you're better off somewhere else.
Pros
flexible schedule, free movies, good work environment.
Cons
hard to find hours during dead seasons, no raises under management, sometimes work past 1 am.
Tedious Job with Great Benefits
Employee at Cineplex Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
This job was a very repetitive one, and required much social interaction. There are typically large crowds, and many available diverse jobs. Co-workers were typically in their twenties, and acted as such. They could be very immature, and would swear a lot. However, they did their work with no problems. Managers were a little intimidating, however, they were reasonable and flexible regarding shifts and hours. The hardest part of the job were the large crowds. This job is not recommended for introverts or those with social anxiety. The best part of the job were the benefits, including free movie passes, and free food during shifts.
Pros
free movie passes and free food during shifts
Cons
long hours, large crowds
Fun!
Part time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 7, 2016
Great place for my 1st part time job, I learned a lot if my customer service skills here. Made some long lasting friends! It was a lot of fun!
Great Job, but problems
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 19, 2016
Hired a bunch of people and now university students who need work in the summer and being punished for calling in sick

Free movies great, typical service job, dealing with the same things you usually deal with. Not a bad job, best part is the coworkers
Pros
free movies
Cons
Can't get your hours
An interactive and social workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be walking in, starting the day off by greeting guests, and selling cineplex concession items. The management team is motivating and understanding. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting different guests everyday and providing happiness by giving them their movie tickets. You gain customer service experience, cleaning experience, and retail experience.
Pros
Free movies

2.8