Cineplex Employee Reviews in Canada

A great group of people to work with
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 20, 2016
Everyday working there was made enduring by the excellent group of people that I worked with on a daily basis. The job itself was hard work, and fulfilling. The management staff was not as involved and personable as I would have liked
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
great energetic work place nice staff
learned great costumer service skills and how to deal in a busy environment
enjoyable staff and management
Pros
free movies
Cons
busy weekends
Fun workplace with an inviting atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
This job has been very fun. As an employee, you get to learn a lot of interpersonal skills when interacting with guests and co-workers. I can say that I never have an awful day working at Cineplex!
Great Job, but problems
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 19, 2016
Hired a bunch of people and now university students who need work in the summer and being punished for calling in sick

Free movies great, typical service job, dealing with the same things you usually deal with. Not a bad job, best part is the coworkers
Pros
free movies
Cons
Can't get your hours
Entertainment company
Part Time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 5, 2016
Entertainment company that provides a variety of different roles within the Cineplex community, I worked as floor member and a concession member.
Pros
free movies
It's a nice place to work.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2016
It's a good place to work they just don't give enough shifts to the people that need them. The people there are really nice and it's a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good place to work/
Cons
Not enough shifts
Its ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 28, 2016
Not horrible. but its pretty good. Managers are very caring and flexible with schedules. Working there was fun. Recommend working there to gain experience and meet new people!
work was bareable.
Concession/Floor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2012
A typical day at work is coming in 30 minutes before to make sure i swipe in within the last 5 minutes. After that I will go grab my till and sign in on this computer so I can have money in my cash register, I will than have to wait for someone to walk me over to main concession. As I get there I will make popcorn verify that everyone has lids and cups trays and kid trays. I will than take orders or help others if I'm not busy. When were on our last hour of work we will start to clean up and put away the nachos and fill up the candy section. In my opinion my salary was not worth all the work I was doing, $9.60 hourly rate.
Pros
disounts on break only.
Cons
long hours on school days, far traveling. when coming late it was pointless calling management, no one answered nor read the voicemails
Good place to start off when young, only good thing it has is flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Super flexible, you can craft your schedule the way you want by taking or getting rid of shifts by trading with your co-workers

100+ employees meant someone is most of the time willing to cover your shift or you can take a shift

You deal with many people on your worse of nights and fight boredom on your less than stellar days

They're open 365 days a year, so you can work Stat. holidays and get paid more

Managers aren't collectively together so messages weren't always delivered to you about promotions and changes that happen overnight, it is like another high-school where drama and theft happens in the workplace

You aren't paid for your 15 min breaks, let alone even get one if you work more than 4 hours.
Pros
flexible, always open = more shifts, can pick up and give shifts with ease
Cons
no paid breaks, very petty and you have to kiss up to managers to get noticed
A decent job for someone with a tight availability.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 14, 2014
Working at cineplex has its benefits but it also lacks in other areas
The pay is minimum for everyone under full-time management, with supervisors receiving 25 cents more and assistant managers about 75 cents more per hour. There's no real chance for a raise if you're just a part time employee and depending on the time of year and what movies happen to be released that year, the amount of hours available fluctuates GREATLY. On slow days you can be sent home early because they need to save hours, good for those that want to just leave that day, but bad for those that are trying to make money. The job has its rewards like almost never having to pay for a movie, and getting discounts on food. If you're trying to make money during the summer this is a good job, but if you're trying to save throughout the year and earn a stable paycheque then you're better off somewhere else.
Pros
flexible schedule, free movies, good work environment.
Cons
hard to find hours during dead seasons, no raises under management, sometimes work past 1 am.
Fun!
Part time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 7, 2016
Great place for my 1st part time job, I learned a lot if my customer service skills here. Made some long lasting friends! It was a lot of fun!
Good part time job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
-Pretty stressful on a busy day.
-Achieved some leadership and team work experiences.
-Management is not the best when it comes to planning ahead or recognizing workers.
-Co-workers are the fun part as they are very diverse.
-Hardest part is not being appreciated for your hard work.
-Free movie tickets.
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
no benefits, minimum wage
Tedious Job with Great Benefits
Employee at Cineplex Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
This job was a very repetitive one, and required much social interaction. There are typically large crowds, and many available diverse jobs. Co-workers were typically in their twenties, and acted as such. They could be very immature, and would swear a lot. However, they did their work with no problems. Managers were a little intimidating, however, they were reasonable and flexible regarding shifts and hours. The hardest part of the job were the large crowds. This job is not recommended for introverts or those with social anxiety. The best part of the job were the benefits, including free movie passes, and free food during shifts.
Pros
free movie passes and free food during shifts
Cons
long hours, large crowds
fun
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 12, 2016
could be fun and stressful at the same time. Overall based on the level of work salary was not good. Benefits were great and were on par with other companies
Pros
free movies
Cons
hours
Its a great place to work if your in school
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
I personally enjoy working at Cineplex because it isn't a difficult job, and is very flexible with the hours when your in school or have another job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short Hours
Good fun place to work at.
Concession Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 7, 2016
my co-workers are really nice and work was never boring. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting interesting people and learning great service.
Good
member (Former Employee) –  55 Bloor St WestMarch 18, 2016
It was decent, very good people. But the hours where too long, not clear on instruction just pretty much learning. Overall not bad
Kitchen Staff at Don Mills VIP Cineplex
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 11, 2016
job was ok pretty decent nothing special. I would suggest better management team in cineplex, they have to hire more professional and trained managers.
Pros
cast passes, balance hours and flexibility, overall good job
Cons
disorganized management, no confidence in team members
Work Environment
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
I have worked for cineplex for about 4-5 years now and I must say that it has been a good place to work and meet new people. Customers are, well they are a handful.
Pros
Great place to work for those who are in school, hours are very flexible and shifts can be easily given away
Few opportunities for advancement, unprofessional work environemnt
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mission, BCJanuary 2, 2015
While it was easy for me to mold my schedule to fit my life, Cineplex offered little to no opportunity for advancement, and outright refuses recommendations to the workers for unexplained reasons. The management did not maintain professional relationships with the workers, and did not intervene when problems arose, allowing workplace dramatics to overtake business.The managers, in an effort to reduce holiday spending, cut worker's hours to prevent them from receiving stat holiday pay increases. Benefits were limited and the pay increases were hardly worth the effort ($0.25 pay increase after promotion to a position that required far more work). The worst part however, is that sanitation policies were inconsistent, changed regularly, and allowed for questionable practices such as using plain water to clean the nozzle part on pop towers, and surfaces that were used for food preparation. Unless you are in desperate need of work, I suggest looking elsewhere.
Pros
flexible schedules, free movies.
Cons
variable shifts (2-8 hours), poor management, poor sanitation, terrible pay, no opportunities for advancement or recommendations for other jobs

2.8