Cineplex Employee Reviews

Excellent Workplace
Marketing Intern, Digital Strategies (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
An absolutely fantastic corporate culture with teams of individuals who are incredibly helpful and inclusive. Would completely recommend working at Cineplex to every member of society.
Small break room with a dark walk and little to no hope of advancement
cast member (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 August 2016
Get chewed out and mistreated for things you couldn't have known, and experience no mercy from people who don't care about you. Barely legal, and overall the worst working experience I have ever had.
Pros
tiny bag of popcorn and they don't charge you for water
Cons
you'll want to die
Postitive, easy-going & friendly.
Theatre Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2016
A typical day required you working with some incredible staff, in a very positive welcoming environment. Management was amazing, co-workers were sensational. It was definitely an enjoyable and encouraging experience.
Pros
Movie Passes
friendly environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 January 2017
the people i worked with were super friendly
capable of making your own schedule
the management was okay
would sometimes get free movie tickets
free popcorn during break
Customer Service
Food & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Able to learn and resolve issue that customer have bring your attention to during their experience with their visit. Is a job that you are able to meet new friends
Not too Bad for a First job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2016
I did enjoy my employment here. It is a good job for anyone who is looking for their first job. Unfortunately it is open EVERY day of the year..
Pros
Free Popcorn and Drinks while on shift. Free Entry to Movies anytime W/ notice to management
Cons
Sometimes works untill after midnight. Open EVERY day of year.
Great Place
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 March 2017
I love it and it's great to work here since everyone is so friendly. It's a great starting job as it teaches you the basics of the work environment and how to stay focused.
Very fun place to work at
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 October 2016
I find myself missing the Cineplex in Medicine Hat because everyone became my family while I worked there.
Great environment
Everyone was very welcoming when i first started and very understanding when i left.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2016
A day at work is always fun with the people I work with, they are funny, hard working people, great at team work, express and show themselves truly. The managers are always there to assist us, answer any questions we have, open-minded, listens, active and very fun to be around with.

The hardest part of the job is cleaning a theater, especially when a movie is sold out and you need to make sure you clean everything in a short amount of time.

Enjoyable part of the job is getting to talk to a lot of our guests, helping them and just see them interact with us. As well as the free movie benefits that we get after working or when we are not working.
Pros
Free movies, discounted food, free popcorn and drink when working.
Cons
short hours
Good Company
Film Settlements Associate, AP Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Cineplex is a good company. I want to focus on the Accounts Payable and work closer to home.

I spend a lot of time on traffic everyday.
Great Starter Job
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 September 2016
Has reasonable hours
Amazing Coworkers and Managers
Can be emotionally draining with difficult customers
Fast paced
Can be stressful to some
But overall good place to be
Easy Job
Pros
Amazing Coworkers Fun environment Great Managers
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Review
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
Cineplex was okay for a first job. I learned a lot but the training could have been a lot better. They quickly went through with hardly any time for questions.
Has it's pros and cons
Cineplex (Current Employee) –  Ontario18 December 2016
Stable job possible
Some chance at internal advancement
Good benefits
Average vacation
Average salary range
Possible bonus depending on fiscal year overall
good
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 January 2017
good place to work lots of hours fair pay and everybody is close and have a lot of fun meet a lot of interesting people can't say enough good stuff about this place
Fantastic job opportunities and company growth
MANAGEMENT/RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 October 2016
Can work your way up, senior management works with you to go after your dreams and career options. The company provides good benefits, and teaches courses to further your skills.
Very fast paced environment with lots to do while working.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2016
It was a very productive job. Time went by very fast because of how much work that needed to be done. the customers were amazing and the work environment had a energetic vibe. I learned to memorize the menu and promotions. Became very proficient on multitasking and handeling a fast pace environment. The management could use some work due to there being a short amount of managers and the large amount of young employees. But over all, it was a great experience and i enjoyed my position.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management
Productive and Busy enviroment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2016
A shift consist of:
1. preparing food for guest
2. open or close the unit
3. Cleaning
4. Cashier

I also did extra cleaning jobs that was not in my job description. this include taking apart the pizza oven to repair and clean. also clean oil vents
Pros
they enjoyed my works at was considered for promotion within 4 months
Cons
unfair earning
Good Part-time Job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 August 2016
What I like about the job is that the work day goes pretty fast, the customers are pretty reasonable at my location. The thing I don't like about it is that scheduling seems to be hit and miss. You have to be available Friday, Saturday, Sunday and another weekday, and you may or may not be scheduled all or none of these days. This is a problem if you want this as a summer job to make money for school. Our location does have a Facebook page where shifts are posted, but if they are not taken by another employee, you have to go in. So it's hard to make plans around that. Another pet peeve is that based on busyness, you may be cut, sometimes even before your shift begins. That has happened to me where I was asked to go home before I even started working. They were reasonable, and said I could stay if I wanted to, but being new I didn't want to make waves.
Pros
Free movie passes, free popcorn and drinks
Cons
Shifts change each week, late hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2016
Working at Cineplex was an amazing opportunity as I learnt a lot of skills, although they were not very flexible with schedules as I would get off past midnight on weekdays! I found working there for roughly 6 hour shifts and only getting paid $10.45/hr was not worth it.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
The salary isnt enough compared to how hard I work
*Concessioin worker
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS26 October 2016
good flexible hours,only downside is there is no possibility for full time, the free movies and cheap food while working was great. great for a first job or if youre going to school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8